Start by marking “Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony, #2)” as Want to Read:
Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony, #2)

Good Groom Hunting

(Misadventures in Matrimony #2)

On the trail of fortune . . .

Adventurous Josephine Hale is determined to live up to her scandalous heritage. With half of a crumbling treasure map that belonged to her grandfather, the legendary pirate, in her possession, the bold and beautiful lady is half-way to a fortune. Unfortunately, the remainder of the map belongs to Stephen Doubleday, Earl of Westman, her fam
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published January 30th 2007 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Good Groom Hunting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Groom Hunting

Start your review of Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony, #2)
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a delightful read. Just what I needed, to get immersed into an escapist story that kept my eyes glued to the page. I think that Josie and Westman are such a great couple. I love how Westman's determination to be a better, more sober man is juxtaposed with Josie's impish desire to be free and do what she wants.

Normally, I'm not a big fan of the hoydenish historical heroine, but Galen does it very well with Josie. Her desire to be a free woman is very understandable and I respected her f
Jenny
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
"Good Groom Hunting" follows the fiery Josie Hale, a young woman who has sworn not to get married and to become a pirate. Her grandfather was a pirate, after all! Josie owns half of her grandfather's treasure map but, unfortunately, the other half is owned by Stephen Doubleday, Earl of Westman, whose family is sworn enemies of the Hales.

So, of course, as they work together to find the treasure - Josie so that she can be rich and independent and not married, Stephen because his family is destitu
Jultri
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: rake, unfinishable
DNF 45%. 18 years old sexually curious and impetuous heroine goes treasure-hunting with neighbouring hero. She tongue snogs him at their first meeting, without much participation from the shocked hero. In fact, she tongue snogs quite a lot of men out there in the ton, and permits wandering hands on a not irregular basis. Her outrageous conduct hardly seems stifled by her professed fear of being found out by her mother, who sounds like the latter administered well-deserved punishments for her pas ...more
ChloeLeeNH
Jul 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
Great adventure, great tension between the h/h... I love the banter and the tension. This one was a lot of fun!!
Mary23nm
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am not a fan of the virgin acts like experienced courtesan trope, so I did not enjoy Good Groom Hunting. It took me so long to slog through this book, that I've forgotten some of the things I disliked about it. (view spoiler) 2/5 stars
Katyana
I wanted to like this. I really did. The concept sounded fun - spunky heroine goes treasure hunting with her family's enemy, to find the long-lost treasure hidden by their grandfathers... partnered pirates.

But.

It went wrong in every possible way. Josie was incredibly disappointing as an independent female... she was the worst kind of stereotype: the independent woman who secretly wants a man to own her. Because she just straight-up caved to the hero on every front. Every.
Lisarenee
Jul 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Cute story about a group of girls who swear off marriage and form the Spinsters Club. Searching for a family treasure only she believes exists Josephine propositions her neighbor, Stephen, to an affair so as to gain access to the house where she believes the other half of the treasure map she possesses may be found. Fun read.
Melissa Spencer feehan
2nd book in the series

I'm new to this author, just started this series. I'm not sure how I feel about the book, the series or the author. Personally, I think her sex scenes are too long. One was 11 pages. I like sex scenes, but I'd rather see some of those pages devoted to character development. The plot was a little better in this book, but the book still felt undeveloped and unfinished. It felt shallow. I saw sparks of promise and was able to read in one sitting. It just feels like an early
Readerkuna1
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
another good book by Shana.

Josie is looking for the rest of a treasure map. She believes that Lord Westman has it.

She sneaks into his house but gets caught.
Stephen Doubleday needs to find the treasure to save his family.

Sparks fly when they first meet. They agree to be partners to find the treasure.

Things happen but they finally end up finding but other want it too.

Stephen and Josie find their love throught their adventure. They f
Celeste
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good plot with well conceived characters.
The gold formula an alpha male/heroe and a damsel in distress and the birth of a everlasting love story with humour.
A good historical, regency, ChicLit
Jacque Mcneal
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving the misadventures in matrimony stories.
JA Boom
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Impetuous, flighty and not terribly charming female lead. Also, pirates. Like with one eye and swords and all. I shit you not. Lastly, in the kindle version I read, every single 'pleasure' was transformed into 'plea sure'. I have never noticed that particular word so much before.
L.A. Miller
May 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Better than the first. Ms. Galen has a way of creating characters that literally step out of the pages of her books. The haunting soul of Stephan Doubleday, second child who could never live up to the shining example of his older brother in his parents eyes. A man trying to atone for his mistakes and restore his family’s name. Maybe then he might see a glimmer of love in his mother’s eyes.
Josephine Hale, a woman who has bucked society’s rules, has no desire for a man or husband and seeks o
Amanda
Sep 25, 2010 rated it liked it
I'm not sure if it is because I read this right after another Shana Galen book, When Dashing Met Danger, but this one just didn't hold my interest. I think part of it was that this book is pretty similar to When Dashing Met Danger in that they both are dealing with some kind of intrigue that takes them to another country. Although this books intrigue was treasure and the other was spying, they both had the man that didn't really want the female along for the ride but needed them in order to complete their mi ...more
iamGamz
Sep 23, 2014 rated it liked it
A fun read about Josie and Stephen, members of feuding families, who got caught up in searching for pirate treasure that their grandfathers stashed.

There treasure hunt took them to strange and dangerous places, but also led them to finding more in each other than they ever expected.

I loved Josie's character. She was fearless, fun loving, sassy and adorable. Stephen didn't stand a chance when she broke into his house through the library window.

Stephen has recently claimed the family title afte
Nicola Sheridan
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: bodice-ripper
This was an entertaining read. I loved the character of Josie, you rarely read a heroine quite like her. Tempestuous, stubborn, daring and wanton, despite being virginic. The romance between Josie and Stephen Westman is good, and charmingly developed. My only complaint was Stephen had a tendency to imagine throttling Josie, and I found that less than heroic!

All in all an enjoyable read for anyone who likes a bodice ripper with a bit of a difference.
liz
May 29, 2008 rated it liked it
The scions of the two romantic leads' families were pirates who worked together, then one of them purportedly murdered the other. The lady lead's quest to find their grandfathers' buried treasure brings them together, and then they find love.

Jeez, am I reading some cheesy contrived romance novels lately or what??

No boy had ever made her feel like that before. And she'd kissed quite a few boys. Several men, too.
Ms. Jerry
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Book By Shana Galen.

I really enjoyed this book very much. Buried treasure and pirates and more adventure for Josephine and Stephen. This book kept my interest and I had a hard time putting it down. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I love every book I have read by Shana Galen and I will continue buying her books.
Thank You Shana Galen for an enjoyable book to read.
Patti
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! Josie and Stephen are on the hunt for a treasure map and then the treasure and along the way fall in love. What I liked was that although the characters are searching for pirate's gold, they aren't stuck on a boat. The majority of the story occurs before they ever get close to the gold. I loved Shana Galen's reference to the way Stephen touched Josie. "...her body was an instrument to him. He was the virtuoso, playing her exquisitely." (p.218)
Robin
This was suppose to be a Quartet but something happened (not sure what) and the fourth book is on hold possibly permanently. Fortunately the way the 3rd one ends you are not left with a major feeling of disappointment at knowing what happens next because you have a very real sense of the final Heroine's happily ever after. If its ever published its a definite buy IMO.
Sarai
Nov 14, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: historical romances
This is a book I would recommend to those that want to read a simple book that is simple and sweet. But I would recommend that you read the first in the series simply to understand the players. Although this book can stand a lone it would have been nice to read it from the beginning of the series.
That being said it is an okay simple book.
Sandra R
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another fun book from this author. If you are really into the historical details, please be assured this is not the book for you. The situations and speech were pretty modern and there was lots of action. However this book was a light and entertaining read and hit the brief for some afternoon escapism. Nice steamy scenes too !!
Carol
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think Josie's story is my favorite yet!
Maria
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by one of my favorite historical romance authors, Shana Galen. My full review, on my blog: http://bit.ly/19GXpw0
Danette Steward
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: galen-shana
A fun fast read.
Robyn
Apr 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it, shana-galen
Very enjoyable book, love the banter between h/h.
Carla
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed this book. Decent characters and a fun plot (pirates, treasure, yet set on dry land), albeit a bit silly. I read the books our of order, but enjoyed the four books in the series
Diane K. Peterson
A pleasant story. Weak writing, a rather ridiculous plot, irregular character development. Truly a very average book.
Pamela
Jan 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Rated 3.5
Carol Bisig
Oct 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Once Upon a Christmas Eve (Maiden Lane, #10.7)
  • The Soldier (Duke's Obsession, #2; Windham, #2)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • Duke of Desire (Maiden Lane, #12)
  • Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4)
  • No Other Duke Will Do (Windham Brides, #3)
  • Once Upon a Maiden Lane (Maiden Lane, #12.5)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Someone to Honor (Westcott, #6)
  • A Rogue of Her Own (Windham Brides, #4)
  • Vixen in Velvet (The Dressmakers, #3)
  • Ten Kisses to Scandal (Misadventures in Matchmaking, #2)
  • The Virtuoso (Duke's Obsession, #3; Windham, #3)
  • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
  • She's No Princess (Guilty, #4)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane #2)
Shana Galen is three-time Rita award nominee and the bestselling author of fast-paced, witty, and adventurous Regency romances. Kirkus says of her books, "The road to happily-ever-after is intense, conflicted, suspenseful and fun," and RT Bookreviews calls her books “lighthearted yet poignant, humorous yet touching." She taught English at the middle and high school level off and on for eleven year ...more

Misadventures in Matrimony (4 books)
  • No Man's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #1)
  • Blackthorne's Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #3)
  • The Pirate Takes a Bride (Misadventures in Matrimony, #4)