Start by marking “Tear (Seaside, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tear (Seaside, #1)

Tear

(Seaside #1)

Life as a teenager is never easy. But for Natalee Murray, things have just gotten way more difficult. Bored with life, she can't wait to graduate high school and get out of town, especially considering the famous band members from AD2 suddenly start attending her school, making her once boring life, absolutely insane.

It starts with a pen. A single brush of fingers, and she
Published November 23rd 2012 by Rachel Van Dyken (first published November 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tear

Start your review of Tear (Seaside, #1)
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Before starting this review, I will disclaimer that I actually did want to read Tear before picking it up. I thought it looked like a fun possibility. It was not my intention to read this book and go on a ranting spree. Should I have quit sooner? Probably. But it was like being on a runaway train once I got started and I wanted to know where I was headed!

If I had a running list of every single thing that I would not want to read in a romance book, I would have been able to check every single ite
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

When I finished this book, the first thought that came to my head was . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Sadly, Tear was about the most vapid waste of time I’ve spent in recent memory. HOWEVER, with that being said let me tell you this cost zero dollars and is so far the only Rachel Van Dyken I haven’t enjoyed. Okay, “enjoyed” might be a bit of an understatement. I had dabbled unsuccessfully in NA a bit before stumbling across The Consequence of Loving Colton.
Jacqueline's Reads
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie, 4-star-books
NOW FREE! - > AMAZON

4 Stars

Tear is not a typical book I pick up. It has a love triangle between two brothers, oh and there is slight cheating, that pretty much screams a no for me. HOWEVER, I’ve been in this Rachel Van Dyken high, I just couldn’t help myself.

Demetri and Alex are not only brothers, but famous rock stars. Its Nat’s senior year of high school and her world is turned upside when Demetri and Alex walk into her school. Demetri is a major man-whore, who loves attention and Alex is the
Dorie
Aug 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
**DNF**

Okay, I've never tried nor wanted to write a review but this book just irritated me so much I feel like I must scorn it with all my might.

Normally, I'd finish a book no matter how dumb or unrealistic. What can I say, I'm a sucker for YA anything. However with this book, I dropped it before I could finish Chapter 3. I'll get to why in a bit, but let's start from the beginning. Almost immediately in Chapter 1, plain ol' Natalee catches the attention of not one, but TWO, super famous super h
Cristina
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok...I've just started my Seaside series marathon (after reading Capture ) so basically I have a week or so to finish al the books in this series.

description

I know but I just had to put it out there...

Anyway...I just remembered why I don't often read YA!!!

description

The characters are so immature I just what to straggle them and to top it off I broke one of my cardinal rules and went for a novel with a love triangle...and with brothers non the less!!!

description

Overall I enjoyed the book so I'm moving on to the next one...hopef
Eatonlm
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
I picked this book up for two reasons. First, the cover is amazing. Second, how can you go wrong with a story about rockstars? Apparently it’s very easy.

I really wanted to love this book. Nate and Alec are both well written characters with some serious issues. Once the story started getting serious it got better. The problems with the story line are what threw me off.

These boys are described as being really famous. In my mind the descriptions of their fame put them on a level that equates with
A. Bookzilla.
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: clean-read
I really really liked it! I mean, once it got serious, at first I thought it was just the same as all mindless YA without much substance out there. But things got sort of heavy somewhere in the middle, and I have to say I was surprised.

I can't even lie, I liked both brothers. Ok, I'm lying. I actually liked Demetri more even if I hated his name. He had so much potential and I liked him with Nat.
I liked Alec, too, but not as much on his own as I liked him with Nat.

I was heartbroken at their story
Trisha
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
I live in Oregon, so it was exciting to see a book based in Seaside, a place I have visited every single summer every single year almost my whole life.

Even though I loved hearing some of the quirks of Seaside, Oregon mentioned...I had a tough time staying focused on the story. It was like watching a ping pong match watching her struggle between Alec and Demetri.

and I found both boys to be very cute but I found Nat to be annoying. She never seemed happy with her lot in life - Seaside wasn't goo
Sabrina
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

I loved the spin off series of Seaside and in it I adored Demetri and Alec, so I was excited to go back and read their stories. But sadly this one didn't really do it for me and I found myself annoyed at the drama that surrounded them. Especially adding in some immaturity at times. I'll still love them when I do re-reads of the spin-off books but I don't think I'll continue on with the rest of the Seaside books.
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
I liked this one. Nat is a great character, funny, sarcastic, self deprecating. Dimitri and Alec are hot and tortured, with secrets and issues galore. They both love the same girl (Nat) so all sorts of angst ensues. My only beef is that the whole thing felt more than a little rushed. I cannot believe that Im actually ASKING for a love triangle to be more drawn out, but really, it felt like insta-love all around, which I really hate. When Nat broke out the "L" word at like week 1.5 I just wanted ...more
Jenny Levine
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it

REVIEW TO FOLLOW.
~Mindy Lynn~
Tear definitely almost had me shedding some in the beginning of this book. I thought I had made a horrible mistake by getting this book. It started off annoyingly with Nat complaining about how boring everything was from her looks, to her hometown, to her parents and just her life in general. Soon enough it started picking up and I didn’t feel annoyed as much. Then later I wasn’t annoyed but only tiny bit. Nat grew on me a bit and she didn’t end up being as annoying as she had first started ...more
Crystal Tadlock
Mar 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, romance
OK, I just finished reading this book. It was a very quick read, finished in under 4 hrs. I got really sucked in form the beginning. The story is quite fun, and the characters are unique. I definitely liked the contrast between the brothers Alec and Demetri. As I read the book I was pulled into the confusion that Nat carried with her about the boys. They definitely had the secrets and odd hints to some sordid past seeping through them. However, while reading, I did feel that some of the story li ...more
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
I hate love triangle! Especially "real" love triangle. When the girl is kissing one boy but thinks about the other and vice versa. She can't decide even if her heart is beating faster for one of them.
And they used her! He toyed with her for petty revenge. And he cheated on her but she took him back "I'm sorry baby, I was drunk, she had blond hair and I thought it was you"... lamest excuse ever! So if you're drunk, you can do everything you want and not be hold accountable for what you did??? Ope
Coco.V
Mar 16, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (3/16/2020)! 🎁
Tracy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked seeing Alec and Demetri’s arrival to Seaside. This was good enough, but not nearly as good as the books in the Seaside Pictures series. There needed a little more elaboration on Demetri’s issues (maybe that will happen in the next book) and their backstory. Hard to explain without getting into too much detail. Will definitely read the next one though.
Angieleigh
2016 Re-Read Update: Wow, can't believe it's been so long since I've read this! When I opened it on my kindle it was like sitting down with friends you haven't seen for awhile, catching up on everything that's going on.

I fell in love with the twisted and broken Demetri the first time I read this book in March 2013, and can now see that he was never good for Nat. Alec has his faults, and he owned up to them the best he could, but he belonged to Nat from the get go. While Nat and Demetri did have
Candiz
i absolutely loved this book, it had such a good storyline and wasn't boring and predictable.

Nat was a great character, not annoying at all and really funny and forgiving, i enjoyed her little smartarse comments and the way she didnt take any shit from the boys!

Alec was a little bipolar but i understood why he was like that, he had so many sides to him (all of which i loved) he could be cheeky one minute and then so serious and moody the next, but that didnt make me hate him at all, i loved how
Krystal
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
This book (and its follow up Pull) came highly recommended by a close friend of mine. So when I got the chance to read and review them both in exchange for my honest opinion, I jumped on the chance.

However, I found it very hard to get into this book - at least in the beginning. Right off the bat, the brothers reminded me of Damon and Stefan Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries, something I could easily overlook. The problem for me was the way the text messages were formatted. I understand that its
♥ Sarah
Sep 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
Um... wow. No. Just no.

I'm usually one who enjoys love triangles, but this one was just too bizarre for me. Long story short, two *hot* musician brothers of the "Greek god" variety, in their modelesque, masculine perfection, pine for this one clumsy, plain-jane, who radiates "beauty" even without make-up on... wow. *cue eye-roll*

Apparently, this is like the ultimate guilty pleasure fantasy "we" women love to indulge in. Sorry, but no. Not for me. The multiple Twilight references kind of made me
Zoe and the Edge
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edgy, romance, ya
I hated it when he smiled at me like that. As if I was his sun, moon, and stars.

Alec - “I'm pretty sure my only job from here on out is to show you how much I love you.”

Nat made me smile.

I liked his brooding attitude even though I knew it was just a sign of his immaturity and lack of personality.

and

Maybe he found me interesting, like some sort of pet he could watch and spend time with. Oh, my gosh! Was that what I was? A fish?

She gets excited over taco and ditzy over cute boys. Bu
Radiant
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love that cover...i think that is what drew me it..and i got to know that the author is same of Savage winter..which i read few months back and i loved it.

But i have to say i loved how she handled a nice new adult contemporary..it was such a contrast..!

Nat is the normal school girl in a very boring Seaside town..until two rock star brother's start their school with her and become her close friends,confidants and may be whom she love.

But the brother's may be hiding from just more than the papar
Julie
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was up until 1:00am reading this book. I couldn't put it down - if I could have kept my eyes open I would have stayed up to finish it. This is definitely a change from all the Regency novels Rachel has written, but she's just as good at contemporary. I really enjoyed how she slowly drew out details about Demetri and Alec's lives and personalities throughout the book. That suspense, not knowing why the boys were truly in Seaside & what was in their past, kept me, as a reader, compelled to keep ...more
KAS
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Truly enjoyed this book and the cast of characters. They were funny, sad, desperate and unique individuals. I kept wanting to turn the pages to see what happens next between the brothers, Demitri and Alex, and their love triangle with Natalie. Looking forward to the next book in the Seaside series.
Jessica
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down. So f'in good :) If you love NA...and rockstars..READ IT! ...more
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really liked it!4.5 stars
Romancing the Book
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Crystal
Book provided by the author

I enjoyed reading Nat, Alec, and Demetri's story. I just want to say that it would be hard to chose between two handsome guys. They are also famous. There is a lot of mystery surrounding the brothers and you just can't wait to find out what is going on. It goes one way of you thinking that you know what the secret is, but when you get to the end you are very surprised about what it is. I was very happy about the choice that Nat made.

You also have the
Dunja *a chain reader*
Sep 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook, wtf
This one didn't work for me. There were some good moments, but basically nothing special. Longer review eventually. ...more
Yelena Bosh
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ugh. Why did this have to happen?!

I kept seeing this cover all over the place and finally decided to purchase it. I also haven't read previous Rachel Van Dyken books and I heard great things about her work so I was excited and very eager to see how this 2 boy band brothers and 1 girl would turn out..

I don't know where to start. I do know I will be keeping this review short because firstly I never expected to be posting a low rated book review. Usually I just steer clear of anything other than
Sarah Oxford
The author was kind enough to provide me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review

Ok when I first started this book have to admit it felt a little too young adult for my tastes but it really won me over. Actually, it was Nat that won me over. She is such a great female main character. She is tough enough to be herself and not be too bothered by expected behaviour but vulnerable and 'real' enough to be believable. Oh and I laughed out loud frequently at the things she
Who Has A Cast List? 2 51 Mar 31, 2014 11:24AM
Read 4 Review: R4R - (New Adult) Tear & Pull by Rachel Van Dyken 35 96 Apr 27, 2013 11:24PM

• My Sinful Love (Sinful Men #4)
  • My Sinful Longing (Sinful Men #3)
  • My Sinful Desire (Sinful Men #2)
  • Never Date Your Ex (Never Date #3)
  • My Sinful Temptation (Sinful Men #5)
  • Never Been Ready (Ready, #2)
  • Sexy
  • Falling for Jillian (Love Under the Big Sky, #3)
  • Never Date Your Enemy (Never Date #5)
  • Ready for You (Ready, #3)
  • The Private Rehearsal (Caught Up In Love #4)
  • Never Date A Player (Never Date #2)
  • Tempting Brooke (Big Sky, #2.5)
  • Consumed by You (Fighting Fire #3)
  • Every Little Piece (Second Chances, #1)
  • Every Second with You (No Regrets #3)
  • Seducing Lauren (Love Under the Big Sky, #2)
  • Love Unexpected
See top shelves…
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com