Start by marking “Beautiful Freaks” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Freaks

Beautiful Freaks

**** A PARANORMAL GOTHIC DETECTIVE TALE ****

From the Amazon bestselling writer of 'The Knight Trilogy' comes the stand alone novel fans have been waiting for. 'Beautiful Freaks' is a decadent tapestry of all things fairytale, dark and murderous.

Between these pages you will find yourself transported back in time to the high Gothic. Victorian London.

The year is 1899 and both
Published October 31st 2011 by Little Bird Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Freaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Freaks

Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historic-romance
*This book was part of a blog tour I received a copy for my honest review

It's 1899, Kaspian is an 18 year old boy turning into to a man he has discovered that he has new abilities, when he meets Eve his world changes. With the weird murders going on Kaspian finds himself questioning the club and Eve. This book was not what I was expecting, the characters each had their own story and each one fit together like a puzzle to form a beautiful picture. I really liked this book the world that Katie cre
Katie
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved The Knight Trilogy by Katie M John and when I heard she had a new book coming out I was extremely excited. Katie writes with such simplicity that you can read her books with amazing ease. Although the characters are such a complex group, all together they make one miraculous story.

Eighteen year old Kaspian has become a man and discovers he has some unusual abilities of his own. His parent’s died and left him in the care of a Professor in arts of the supernatural. Since Kaspian
Tina
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Freaks is such a phenomenal book! I was pleasantly surprised how emotionally involved I became with many of the characters. Their stories and backgrounds had my heart aching, while my curiosity was peaked wanting to know how each would fit into the grand scheme.

Kaspian Blackthorne is an eighteen year old young man living in London during the year 1899. With his coming of age, he finds that he has new and strange abilities. He meets Eve, the owner of a very exclusive establishment and
Heather andrews
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this book! It broke my heart in some places, but I enjoyed all the stories of the different characters and where they came from and how they came to Eve and her establishment, (or how Eve came to them.) Although it was Kaspian and his journey that I enjoyed the most. It was nice to see he had a sense of humor, I thought that he was a stiffler for awhile there:
"First cigarette, Kaspian? It gets better with practice, I find that the case with most things."
"God it's awful!" Kasp
Christina M Condy
This book as the title says is FULL of Beautiful Freaks! We have Kaspian Blackthorne an 18 year old boy who just came of age. With his coming of age he develops certain "powers".

In this 1899 story there is a string of strange murders that happen in this book and you can't really tell who is behind them. But each one leads to a specific freak.

I have to say the world creation was interesting, and character creation was intense. I have to say that I seriously wanted to hate Eve, but I just couldn'
Sabrina Olteanu
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book Beautiful Freaks it’s wonderful and it kept me on the edge every single page. It was full of suspense, making me wondering how each character will fill the grand scheme, what it’s going to happen next.
Kaspian Blackthorne is an eighteen year old young man living in London during the year 1899. His parent's died and left him in the care of a Professor in arts of the supernatural. He finds out he has new and strange abilities. The Professor decides to have a soiree to introduce Kaspian to
Sónia Tigol
WOW… I love this book!!!

Beautiful Freaks is such a phenomenal book that kept me on the edge every single page. It was full of suspense, making me wondering what it’s going to happen next and how each character will fill the grand scheme in the end.
The storyline in this book was really good and the characters awesome because of their stories and backgrounds.
I highly recommend this book.
Ren
May 06, 2013 added it
Shelves: dnf
I won't give this a rating since I only got 70% through. I think this book had the potential to be great, but it just fell short for me. It took me 2 weeks to get that far and I had to force myself to do that. Maybe I'll go back and finish it one day...give it a second chance.
Tammy
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My interview with Author Katie M John
Ashley Tomlinson
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure about this book when I first saw that it took place in the 1800's, I'm just not into the older books like that. However, this didn't feel old to me and it was fun to imagine the outfits they must have been wearing. This was very fun to read because I ended up caring so deeply for all of the "freaks".

Kaspian turns eighteen and finds out a dark secret about his late parents and himself. While trying to understand what is happening to him, he meets the mysterious Eve. She starts to ca
Naomi
Jan 29, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

The building of the story is fantastic. We get the insight to a lot of people, and the stories begin to connect but until we meet the common link, it is hard to put it all together. But when it all comes together it is amazing! I enjoyed the building of the plot, the mystery behind all the characters involved and what they mean to each other.

Inspector Steptree is a good guy and is a family man, but he is also relentless. He is focused on his work and this case is beginning to rattle hi
Justine
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.i didn't really know what to make of this story. It reminded me of Sherlock Holmes with a paranormal twists. I also felt like it could have been a Steampunk novel, minus anything Steampunk haha. It just that feel to it. This was an interesting story but I felt it was very up and down entertainment wise. I would be bored, then the story would pick up, then I would be bored again. I did enjoy the mystery and suspense.also ...more
McCallum Morgan
Jun 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Supernatural murders in London confound Inspector Steptree, a mysterious woman mesmerizes Kaspian Blackthorne, and No. 7, an exclusive club, displays its 'Palace of Beautiful Freaks.'
This book has lovely imagery, I like the separate stories of each freak. Steptree was my favorite character. The end gets really good.
J.R.
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy - I really enjoyed reading this book - it has a whole lot of everything I love - paranormal, mystery, dark characters that you can completely fall in love with despite their flaws. I absolutely LOVE Eve. Katie John breaks my heart in places but man, it's worth it. Take this adventure. You won't regret it. Looking forward to more from this author!!
Nicki
Shannon Zak
Sep 26, 2014
Jackie
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written book! I adored these tales, the characters, the paranormal freaks a plenty... such a lot of everyone's tales are left open for development. Thank the gods I have Volume 2 in my excited grasp.

Katie, you are an incredible story teller. Thank you so much for sharing your tales, I truly love them.
Michelle
Oct 06, 2013
nicolas dabreo
Aug 26, 2016
Jayne dArcy
Apr 01, 2014
Amber
rated it did not like it
May 05, 2013
Ella
Feb 17, 2014
Marie-Laure
Jun 16, 2013
Married to a handsome giant and mummy to a two foot mud-fairy, Katie has been writing stories and poetry since childhood and has always been away with the woodland fairies.
She is author of the Amazon UK Best Selling YA Fairy Tale Romance series, 'The Knight Trilogy' www.katiemjohn.com and a dark, Gothic paranormal detective novel called 'Beautiful Freaks'
She has a love of writing weird and wonde