Start by marking “Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated #1)” as Want to Read:
Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated #1)

Mannies Incorporated

(Mannies Incorporated #1)

Slayde's got the best job on earth: he's a nanny to Army nurse and widow Mindy's three kids. He's been with the family since the oldest was born and is Uncle Slayde to all three children. When Mindy's deployed, things aren't easy, but he manages just fine. At least he does until Mindy's big brother Drake shows up unexpectedly, announcing he's there to help while Mindy is g ...more
Published December 19th 2012 by Torquere Press (first published December 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mannies Incorporated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mannies Incorporated

Enny
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Don't read this if kids aren't your thing and if you want page after page filled with smutty sex!

I personally LOVE kids and Sean Michael did another fantastic job of writing a highly realistic story about what life with them is like: chaotic, loud, exhausting, cute and totally worth it. That's something very rare in M/M stories. Another thing I loved was that there wasn't much sex in the book. Hell, there wasn't any in the first half of the book. I had no idea Sean Michael could even do that ;)
Arthur
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Slayde was a nanny for Mindy's three little kids. When Mindy, an Army nurse, was deployed to Afghanistan, Slayde became a temporary legal guardian for the kids since Mindy's husband had died several years back. Things were okay until Drake, Mindy's brother, showed up and they became awkward. Drake was a cop who resigned from his post in California so he could take care of his nieces and nephew. He didn't expect to meet the flamboyant nanny, and surely didn't expect to fall in love. But, was he r ...more
Ally
Jun 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 02-free
I'm fairly sure this book was written by an adolescent 14-year-old boy child. Think turd and butthead and all of that that goes with it. Ended up skipping to the end to be done with it. Why I didn't dnf, I have no idea.

Anke
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice kids, nice development from the absent uncle to uncle cake and being part of the two-some with the manny, nice HEA for all around - yes I really liked it.
Meep
Apr 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: promo-deals
To read this you must love kids, you must turn to sweet sticky goo at the site of small demonic offspring and own the ability to laugh at their noise. Me - not so much. When in line to get that maternal instinct gene I got distracted playing with kittens and puppies. So no thanks.
If diabetic please keep medication to hand.

The whole story reads as the day-to-day minutiae of having kids. I repeat - no thanks!

I couldn't get my head around the premise (widowed) mother of three kiddies deployed (at l
Lala
May 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book as much as I expected. Frankly, it was an exhausting read... The writing was all jumbled..I was often confused about whose POV I was reading at the moment..add to that the constant dialogue/chatter without reference as to who's talking..annoying.

I felt really sorry for Slayde. I don't know if he was a saint or a masochist..Look after three kids under the age of 6, do all the housework - all alone? For minimal wages? I don't care how close of a family friend he was - who
Serena Yates
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, feel-good
The combination of an openly gay nanny taking care of a newly widowed then deployed Army medic, a deeply closeted ex-cop, three super-cute and utterly exhausting kids, and a wonderful sense of humor that shone on every page made this book a total winner for me. Add to this the slowly building relationship as Drake struggles with admitting to anyone that he's gay and Slayde's inner fight against falling for the sudden intruder in his safe world, and you've got some interpersonal conflict that wil ...more
Bitchie
This was cute, maybe a bit too sweet for my tastes. Could have stood a better edit, too many "in to" when it should have been "into", and then "anymore" when it should have been "any more", a name changed once, and some sexual position confusion. Words were used too much, like "stud" and "turd", and I HATE when people refer to each other as "Lover". A lot of "baby" going on, too. Also, once or twice, I wasn't sure who was talking. I'm not sure if Drake ever said I love you to Slayde, or if it wa ...more
Eve
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sean Michaels makes sex seem so much fun! (Though when you find yourself blowinng rasberries on the tip of your lover's cock during a blowjob, you might have been around the kids a bit too much.)

This was a sweetheart of a book, with three cute kids, and a nice matchup - tough, in-the-closet cop & a very froufrou nanny.

I started this expecting a lot of sex, pwp and some bdsm, like the other Sean Michael books I've read, but it's got no bdsm, and there's actually a nice slow buildup here.
Icedave
Sweet, angst-free, (surprisingly for this author) low on smut, I-don't-like-you-but-you're-sexy-To-lovers-theme, ...
SheReadsALot
A Hearts On Fire Review

THREE & A HALF STARS--Sean Micheal's "Mannies Incorporated" is sweet, contemporary, light, no-low angst MM Romance. It's also my first Sean Michael read...ever! He's an author I've been meaning to get to so I'm not aware of the 'Sean Michael' standard.

But this story was a sugar cookie, if comparison is necessary. Sugar cookies are not my favorite but they do in a pinch. They are classic and sugary good.

When in-the-closet former cop, Drake moves from California to Texa
Simon
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just found this review in the comments section?? Obviously my first attempt at posting a review went slightly wrong!

This is my first review on this site, so be gentle! After reading many angst-ridden novels in this genre, I really wanted something light and feel-good, and this novel hit the button. Very cute, very domestic, nothing bad happens, no angst, happy-ever-after. Just what I needed.
Reading this on my Kindle, there are a couple of grammatical errors, proof reading required, too many swe
BWT (Belen)
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2015
Cute, low angst, story with some good sexy times. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Emma Sea
May 20, 2016 marked it as own-and-need-to-read
I've been Sean Michael clean for well over year now, and Eve has enabled me back into my addiction. *hugs Eve*
Serena Yates
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, feel-good, read-2016
The combination of an openly gay manny taking care of a newly widowed then deployed Army medic, a deeply closeted ex-cop, three super-cute and utterly exhausting kids, and a wonderful sense of humor that shone on every page made this book a total winner for me. Add to this the slowly building relationship as Drake struggles with admitting to anyone that he's gay and Slayde's inner fight against falling for the sudden intruder in his safe world, and you've got some interpersonal conflict that wil ...more
Phaney
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
Ah, I so needed something reliably angst-free and sweet. This certainly fit the bill. Adorable, happy, stress-free sweetness.

Sure, Drake was rather prickly for the longest while – but this makes sense in context of his background. On the whole this was just cute and comforting times ten.

Awkward name mix-up in the epilogue. I sat and wondered, “Trevor? Who’s Trevor?” I will go out on a limb and assume that should be Travis? This wasn’t the only editing miss but the only one that really gave me pa
Trisha Harrington
I really did enjoy this story. It was such a brilliant read for me and I loved the sweetness of the couple. The issue I had with this was Drake never said the three words that Slayde had said so many times. I was a bit lost when he was admitting it internally and not saying it out loud. I had to wonder if I skipped part of the story.

Saying that though, I did love both the MC's. The kids were adorable and I loved Mindy. I thought the contrast between the men was good and I just adored the sweet s
Candice
Dec 20, 2012 rated it liked it

I enjoyed this story and it was a nice change from all the short Christmas reads I have been reading lately. There is really no angst and over dramatic stuff that happens, just a nice story about a man who is the caregiver to three small children who slowly builds a romance with Drake who comes to help out even though he is clueless on how to raise children. I liked the kids in the story, they were written well and not the obnoxious bratty ones you sometimes get in stories. This was jus
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Nov 19, 2012 marked it as i-ll-finish-i-swear
12/19/12: I'm all over this! I love me some sugar overload!

12/11/12: Just saw on Sean Michael's website that this is now coming out on the 19th. Why must I keep waiting? :(

12/10/12: *EXCITED* This is supposed to come out on Wednesday! PLEASE let it come out on time!!!

YES!! I don't know what it's about yet but there are kiddies and MANNIES!!
Nile Princess
Absolutely loved! Slayde and Drake were amazing together. Drake came off as a bit of a jerk in the beginning (ex cop/biker) but quickly got into the routine with the kids, respecting all the work Slayde did, and seeing him as more than just a male babysitter, but family. There is a a lot about the three kids and their antics, and it may be too much for some people but I loved it all. The pacing is PERFECT, their coming together believable and well done. I almost couldn't believe this is a Sean M ...more
Gabbi

Sean Michael is one of those must read authors for me. I love his books and the way he can really get to the heart and soul of his characters. He also writes some of the most erotically sexy books released, so I’m always anxious to read his stories and see what he’s got in store for me as a reader.

Since the blurb does an excellent job at describing the story, I’m not going to rehash a lot of it. Drake’s widowed sister is being deployed out of the country. S
Shirley Frances

Slayde is the nanny to Mindy's three kids and has become their temporary guardian while Mindy is in Afghanistan. Everything was running smoothly (as smoothly as a house with three kids under 5 years of age could be) when Mindy's brother, Drake, showed up. Drake is a cop and in the closet. He just wanted to help out his sister and be with hi family. What he didn't consider was Slayde's loyalty to the kids or his loving personality.

I enjoyed this story very much. It felt real to me, what
Mike
Sep 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Steamy, romantic, and nicely simple "out-for-you" macho police top and more flamboyant bottom

This enjoyable, relatively gentle, sweet, but plenty romantic and heated story included an "out-for-you" plot which was very simple but still worth a read. The closeted, macho, police top playing off of a flamboyant bottom can be rather endearing or very irksome, and overall I found this treatment to be somewhere in the middle - enjoyable but not overly compelling.

This author always includes a nice help
V
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manny-stories
To be honest I loved this story, but...
What I loved:
The two main characters, specially Slayde, I adore him, and Drake was such a charming Mc.
The secondary character Joey and Travis, what a great couple, I haven't read many books from this author, and I wonder if in the past he wrote any books about Joey and Travis, I would love to read more about them, perhaps a story of how they met.
Not unnecessary angst or drama, I dislike so much when authors write a book that is based around silly misunders
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
I'm not a huge fan of kids in books, I have enough of my own I don't need to read about them en masses, but this was a cute, light story with a heap of kids.
Slayde is a nanny for Mindy, a single mother( widow) deployed to Afgahanistan. Her brother Drake decides he needs to be more present in the kids lives and quites his job as a cop, picks up and moves to TX to help.
Slayde and he don't hit it off right away, misunderstandings and a little bit of wanting to be 'in the right' makes it difficu
Sunne
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a "high-quality-feel-good"-book.

It's angst-free, funny and sexy. Ingredients:

Grumpy deeply closeted sexy leather cop with a golden heart
Openly gay super manny - so sweet that I want to adopt him
Three cute kids
Mother on assignment
Gluten-free cooking
Gay hairdresser friends who are super supportive
Mother on assignment

The book lives through the interaction between the characters, the dialoges are really funny and the characters so very entertaining.
It's a book like a good hot cup of chocol
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Cute ~ and it's 3 Stars easy...

The writing is solid.
The romance is sweet.
The pacing is good.
And, yes I liked it, I just didn't love it.

The only reason this did not make the mark of 4 or 5 stars, is because I do NOT care for children in my books, but ever so often they work...so I wanted to try this out.

But, the ADULT dialogue...or rather "wordage" simple did not work for me, it brought the children to the forefront..bummer, that part didn't work out....sigh...
Nikko
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: no-re-read
I want to like this book but I get irritated by Drake's attitude in hiding himself and he didn't say the three words to Slayde even until the end when Slayde has said the words to him so many times. I just hate when that happens..
Karen
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-mm
What a fun read, I absolutely loved this story and smiled from start to finish.
M.A.
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Adored this book. BDSM or no, (lol) this author is one of my favs.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
WORD Bangin' Book...: May Cocktail Party 1 6 May 06, 2013 03:13PM

• The Perfect Gift (Mr. Popsalos, #2)
  • The Manny
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • The Coil
  • Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1)
  • One Small Thing (One Thing, #1)
  • Countdown to Daddies
  • Family Unit
  • Fireman's Carry (Carry Me #1)
  • The Good Life (Arbor Heights #3)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! (Jock #1)
  • Summer Son
  • Bianca's Plan
  • We Danced
  • Family Man
  • Disasterology 101
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more

Mannies Incorporated (7 books)
  • A Family of His Own (Mannies Incorporated #2)
  • And Manny Makes Seven (Mannies Incorporated #3)
  • Three to Get Ready (Mannies Incorporated, #4)
  • Making It Work (Mannies Incorporated #5)
  • Composing a Family (Mannies Incorporated, #6)
  • Family Portrait (Mannies Incorporated #7)
“You need anything we're only an hour away, give or take, honey. You call. We'll help you hide the body.” 5 likes
“Slayde came out of the kitchen, long brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, T-shirt dusted with flour, coffee in hand. "If you wake the kids up before two, I'm going to beat you with a skillet.” 4 likes