Start by marking “A Brother's Honor (The Grangers, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Brother's Honor (The Grangers, #1)

A Brother's Honor

(The Grangers #1)

The Granger brothers left behind their family's Virginia estate and the bad memories it holds 151 years ago. But their dying grandfather's request brings them home: to a failing business, a legacy of secrets and a deathbed promise to make things right.

As the eldest brother, attorney Jace Granger is determined to take responsibility for Granger Aeronautics, his family's fai
Published May 28th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about A Brother's Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Brother's Honor

Start your review of A Brother's Honor (The Grangers, #1)
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
4 Granger Brother Stars

This is the first book in The Grangers Series where we are introduced to 3 very sexy Granger brothers. While this first book focuses on Jace, the eldest brother, we get an overall introduction to the Granger family and I feel like I got to know all of the brothers.

This book definitely reads as a mystery/suspense romance. The Granger Dad was convicted of murdering their mother and while all three brothers still hold on to the belief of their father's innocence, they each d
Christine B
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Grainger brothers left their home in Virginia to never look back. Their family was torn a part when they were long boys due to a family tragedy leaving their grandfather to raise them on the Virginia Estate.Now their grandfather health is failing and they have to go back to where all the bad memories of their childhood started.

Their dying grandfather is requesting all 3 brothers come home. Jace being the eldest son and tries to bring his brother home not knowing where they where. Jace the L
Antonella
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Even though all brothers sound interesting If I read more of this series I would be really interested in the parent's storyline and what really happened and who killed their mother.
Solid read...
Available as a movie on Passionflix
2,5 stars
Chan
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Decent beginning to the series. It was clear that Brenda Jackson was laying the foundation for the subsequent stories and as a result the Main Characters' stories suffered.

I plan to read the next ones.
Ka’leneReads
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great start to hopefully a great series
Crista
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4.5 Stars!

A Brother’s Honor is the remarkable beginning of Brenda Jackson’s new trilogy that features the Granger brothers: Jace, Caden, and Dalton. I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite of these men because they are all completely swoon-worthy! Jace is the oldest, a lawyer, and the CEO of Granger Aeronautics. Caden is the middle son and a professional saxophone player who sells out concert halls. Dalton is the youngest and a former NFL football star
Jackie
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Despite the book's strong professional heroine (business consultant with an MBA), there's so much underlying sexist ideology and male privileging here that I often felt I was reading an Old Skool romance -- bitchy ex-wife who has an abortion without telling our hero (but of course it turns out she was cheating on him, so, whew, the baby wasn't really his); heroine too clueless to remember that antibiotics can interfere with the pill, so of course she gets pregnant, and of course she doesn't have ...more
Carla
Apr 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Man, I really wanted to like this, but I don't even think I can finish it. The prose is so stilted and terrible, the dialogue is declarative and unrealistic, and she majorly tells instead of showing. It feels like she's talking down to the reader. Maybe if I try a different Brenda Jackson book? I had heard such good things... I'm so disappointed.
Cocktails and Books
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
Reviewer's Thoughts
Brenda Jackson is a master storyteller. I have read many of her books and loved each one. When I started to read this one I began to wonder whether this would be the first book where I felt Ms Jackson missed the mark.

The book deals with some very weighty matters from the very start. You dive right into the story. The housekeeper calls to summon the oldest, Jace Granger, to his grandfather's bedside. Edward Granger, the grandfather, has had a massive heart attack and prob
Books on Stereo
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Brother's Honor is a mesmerizing display of black excellence.
Tamara
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Three brother. One legacy. A lifetime of secrets.

Another wonderful family added to the list. The Granger brothers definitely are worth getting to know better. Brought back home by their grandfather before he dies, they make a promise to save the family business. As they learn how to co-exist and run the family business.......love drops in. Jace maybe the strong leader but Shana is going to give him a run for his money. Sit back and let their journey engulf you as Shana struggles to be professio
Ivyd
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it

The Granger brother’s left Charlottesville, Va. as soon as they could. Despite their family’s business, standing and wealth their lives were irrevocably changed with their mother’s murder and father’s first degree murder conviction. To honor a death bed promise to their grandfather they’re back. To their dismay they discover things aren’t always as they appear and the past is still very much alive.

A BROTHER’S HONOR starts off w/ a bang. Jace, 16, Caden, 14 and Dalton, 11, are in court
Kim
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I think Brenda Jackson finally has her mojo back. The storyline kept me interested, especially that bit of suspense that was thrown in. I really didn't suspect the culprit at the end so it was nice to be surprised. Looking forward to reading Caden' and Shiloh's story, seems like those two will have a lot of issues to iron out, and to see what becomes of the brothers father. I think this series will shape up to be a goodie.
Sonia
Dec 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay.

Okay story; however, too much summarizing, too many flashbacks and incomplete threads. To me, account of all the flashbacks and summarizing, I did not get a true sense of Jace character and I was not caught up in the relationship....and such a quick and abrupt end to the story. I guess the various incomplete threads will be tied up in subsequent books.

Andrea Jackson
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-a-romance
Not bad. However it was narrative-heavy, with rationalizing, analyzing, and repetition. I ended up skimming heavily.
Maria Naydenova
That was a sweet, cute story with a touch of suspense but I don’t think it will leave a permanent mark in my book history. I enjoyed the story most of the time, but the narration was kind of slow and I had to increase the audio speed and it felt off all parts to be read by a male voice. I know the book was in 3rd person and this was another issue for me, because I’m not a fan of it, but there were distinct parts from the male POV and from the female. So this sounded a bit weird for me to be read ...more
The Book Tart
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on The Book Tart http://thebooktart.com/book-review/qu...

Somehow in all my years of reading romance I’d never read Brenda Jackson before. I am glad that oversight has been corrected. She’s on my list now and I am eager for the next book in the Granger series.

A Brother’s Honor reminded me a bit of reading a Nora Roberts novel. (And that’s a good thing to me.) I enjoyed the layered story, the family bonds, well drawn characters, suspense, intrigue and romance…

Also the fact
Tara
As I've said before, I read no African-American romance books, yet I am an African-American female (proud to be a "hyphenated something", unlike some afro-american's! And I also identify as black. Black meaning sophistication and the beautiful absence of color; not terror, dirt, and death. I wish I were alive when that debate over: "don't call us negro! what country is negro!" was going on.. lol)
Anyway, I am forever reading about whites. Some of the stories I read I tend to think of as being "to
Angela
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Jackson gives us another set of sexy, take charge, wealthy brothers for our enjoyment. Author of those gorgeous Westmoreland men, Ms. Jackson now brings us the Granger Brothers. This scrumptious wealthy trio is reunited at the deathbed of their grandfather who extracts two promises from each brother. Save the failing family business and clear their innocent father of the murder charges of which he was convicted. The victim being their mother.
A Brother's Honor is entirely different from the l
Beverly
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a 4.5 book

A Brother’s Honor is an exquisite start to a new series by master storyteller, Brenda Jackson about family and the ties that bind them. Fantastic characters, a deftly drawn suspenseful plot, and a sizzling attraction will mesmerize readers from the first page. The Granger brothers, Jace, Caden and Dalton are summoned to their family homestead when their grandfather suffers a heart attack and remain there to honor a deathbed promise to revive the family’s failing aeronautical b
Ttm33
May 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
In trying to expand my reading horizons, I'm trying Romance, which I haven't read (as a genre) for over 25 years. This book seems so highly rated on goodreads that I gave it a shot.

I gave up after 50 pages.

Pros: The brothers had distinctive characteristics and I found it easy to distinguish them. The setup was dramatic, dealing with brotherly conflict and family dynamics, as well as a business on the brink and potential fallout for the entire town. This is the first book in a series, so I imagi
Diana
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
The tone of A Brother's Honor was more serious than I'm used to from this author. I have come to depend on the fast paced and contemporary sexiness of her Harlequin titles. However, A Brother's Honor was more of a long smoulder, with drama and tension lurking around each sexy corner. Think Dallas instead of Sex in the City.

And the more I got into the story, the more I understood the why the tone was the way it was. This was a very deep and multi-layered story. Not that it was overburdened with e
Lady E
May 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. SO I really wanted to LOVE this story but alas I didn't. I thought the plot and premise of the story was good, I just felt the execution was the problem. I felt like the story was overly long and I lost interest at some points, and I felt as though the ending was just ok. Not sure I want to read Camden's story because I have a sneaking suspcison that I know why Shiloh ran and if it turns out what I think it will be I will be so disappointed.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Nothing better than sexy brothers that need to come back and not only save the company but find true love at the same time. Jace Granger is the male lead in this first book in the series and although he is the oldest he is not alone in trying to save Granger Aeronautics when his grandfather passes away. With a dad in jail for murdering his mother, Jace seeks out the help of Shana to figure out why the company is failing. Throw in a mystery as to what really happened to their mom, the brothers ha ...more
Abi
An amazing start to a great series. I love the relationship dynamic between Jace and Shana and the slight mysterious intrigue that's in the book. I look forward to reading Caden and Dalton's novels and figuring out who killed Sylvia.
Byron Washington
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Enjoyable read, with likable characters coupled with a multilayered murder/mystery makes this a winner IMHO. 👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥👍🏾🔥
Stacey
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I was a Granger...
Bridgett
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I loved it. I haven't read a harlequin romance in quite some time. Can't wait to read the rest. The brothers are great!
ShoSho
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great, I'll definitely read more from the series.
It started out very well with a good pace. But it didn't continue like that. There was too much details and basically too much going on. When there was only 20 minutes left on mu audio, nothing had been resolved and I was wondering if I had missed downloading some of the files. Everything got resolved in that 20 minutes but it was a rush.
Beverly Jenkins v...: A Brother's Honor 1 1 Jun 05, 2019 03:13PM
Book Giveaways: Win A Brother's Honor by Brenda Jackson 1 7 Jun 07, 2013 05:47PM

• Dirty Sexy Saint (Dirty Sexy, #1)
  • Pulling Doubles (Wright Brothers #2)
  • The Will (Magdalene, #1)
  • A Passionate Love (The Bennett Triplets)
  • Good Behavior (Johnson Family Book 5)
  • Unforgettable (The Johnson Family #1)
  • #Claimed By Crayson (To Marry a Madden #2)
  • A Game-Changing Christmas (In The Heart Of A Valentine #4)
  • #Blessed By Malakai (To Marry a Madden #1)
  • Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
  • The Protector
  • Perfect (The Johnson Family #2)
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
  • Mr. 365
  • Caden's #Situationship (To Marry a Madden #3)
  • Give Me A Reason (In The Heart Of A Valentine #3)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc., #1)
  • Fearless Love (A Bennett Affair #1)
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom

The Grangers (4 books)
  • A Man's Promise (The Grangers, #2)
  • A Lover's Vow (The Grangers, #3)
  • Captivated by Love (The Grangers #4)