Start by marking “Ninja Cupcakes” as Want to Read:

Ninja Cupcakes

Ethan’s special talents and cupcakes bring him the love of his life.

Ethan Gallagher loves to bake, and his cupcakes are known throughout his area as being the best. When he agrees to do the desserts for a sci-fi convention his brother is putting on, Ethan gets a chance to realise his biggest fantasy.

One of the panelists is Callum MacLaughlin, a man Ethan’s been lusting aft
Published January 14th 2013 by Total-e-Bound (first published January 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ninja Cupcakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ninja Cupcakes

Start your review of Ninja Cupcakes
Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.5*

Ethan is a baker and a very good one, he also has 'the sight' and bakes special cupcakes when he sees the need for them.
In this short he bakes three for the three couples that find each other, but it centers around Ethan and Callum.
I know I would have liked this story much better of we had just a bit more of a back story, these two have been mailing and meeting each other for FOUR Years, but now is the right time to move it forward.
Why has no one met Callum before now? You'd think in four ye
Heller
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
A cute story with an interesting paranormal twist to it. Ethan, a baker, has been corresponding with Callum, a scientist, for four years. He decides the time is right to make the next move when they meet again in person.

This is quite short so page constraints have affected the structure a bit. We're dropped in about midway through the story. We don't know how the men meet or why they decided to correspond. The relationship has moved emotionally to the next level but physically the men have been
Meggie
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, shorts
This shorty was to undeveloped and to short. From the start a reader is thrown in the middle of the story, without some basic background informations. I disliked that a lot. I'm sure this shorty could be better and longer.
Elspeth
This was a cute and sweet short story.
Serena Yates
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
A love for cupcakes is certainly something I can understand, and the role they play in this book was entertaining and very amusing. While Ethan, their creator, claims they are nothing 'magical', they certainly seem to have an interesting effect on the people who eat them. Well, the specially baked sand decorated ones do. The remainder are just excellent sweet treats baked for a sci-fi convention.

Ethan has a talent for baking, which he uses to make a living. He also has a talent for knowing when
CB
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Part of the "Unconventional At Best Anthology" - Carol Lynne, et al.
Kobie
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
liked it. it was short, with no angst.
Leanna Craig
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

With his special cupcakes and paranormal abilities, Ethan Gallagher is able to attract the man of his dreams. Baking is Ethan’s passion and he’s renown for his tasty and seemingly magical cupcakes. His dreams become reality when he’s called upon to cater his sweets to a science fiction convention his brother is running.

Callum MacLaughlin is one of the panelists his brother has contracted with for the convention and is incidentally also the one Ethan’s been in love and lust with for the last fo
Kimberly
Ethan Gallagher is thrilled to be attending the sci-fi convention his brother is putting on, and his excitement has nothing to do with the twenty dozen cupcakes he’s making for the event. Rather, Ethan’s looking forward to finally taking the next step in his burgeoning relationship with astrophysicist and convention panelist Callum MacLaughlin. And it’s not just his own love life Ethan’s going to fix this weekend. Ethan’s got a few special cupcakes that will make his brother and best friend’s dr ...more
Erzabet Bishop
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: total-ebound, m-m, erotic
T. A. Chase
Contemporary
M/M. Anal Play
51 pages

Ethan met Jacelyn at culinary school and they became great friends. They graduated 1st and 2nd in their class. About a year after graduation Ethan opened his bakery, Ninja Cupcakes, and with Jacelyn have built it into a very successful business.

Ethan's brother, Earl, is hosting a sci-fi convention and has requested that Ethan do 20 dozen cupcakes for the event. Ethan is more than happy to but he wants to be sure Callum will be attending.
Deb
If you like to know how everything turns out in the first few pages this is the story for you. Ethan, the baker get premonitions and lets the reader know what is going to happen and then it does. He helps it along with some of his very special cupcakes, his really stale special cupcakes.

Seriously author, I removed a star just because you know nothing about baked goods. We are informed that the store is open Wednesday through Saturday, but Ethan comes in on Mondays to bake his cupcakes and his pa
Asynia
Jan 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ethan is a baker who's promised to deliver his special cupcakes to his bother's Sci-Fi convention. At the convention Ethan's long-time crush Callum is one of the panelists.

Apparently Ethan has some kind of "magic touch" with his baked goods, which he gives some flimsy and incomprehensive expalination to, and soon both Ethan's brother, Ethan's business partner and Ethan himself have found "true love".

The story is just... weird, and way to complicated to grab my attention. There was no real romanc
Jen
Cute story.
MsMiz (Tina)
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: glbt-all
Super cute idea....lost opportunity.
Kathleen
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
jules0623
It felt as though the beginning of the story was missing, it didn't flow very well from scene to scene, and the characters weren't particularly engaging.
LaShonta
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-chefs
Allie
Jan 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I felt like I was reading the middle of a book and had no idea what had happened to get them to this point.
Marion
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5stars
UnderCoverBookAddict
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Had potential but too predictably exhausting.
AG
Jan 04, 2013
Rob
Apr 13, 2018
Tony
rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2019
Priscila Rocha
Jan 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Today (Single Dads #2)
  • An Unlocked Mind (Secrets, #2)
  • Threepeat (Secrets, #3)
  • Burden
  • Blooming Marvellous and collected stories
  • By The Numbers (By the Numbers #1)
  • Running in Circles (Second Chances #1.5)
  • Always Been You (Second Chances, #1)
  • Brave for You (Oahu Lovers, #1)
  • The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin, #4)
  • Analyzing Emory
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
  • Lost in Indigo (Colors of Love, #1)
  • Pride & Protection (Southern Boys #2)
  • Touch of a Yellow Sun (Colors of Love #2)
  • Rules of Engagement
  • Double or Nothing (Double Trouble #1)
  • Funeral Games (Alexander the Great, #3)
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.

News & Interviews