Start by marking “Dark Premonitions (Second Sight, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Premonitions (Second Sight, #3)

Dark Premonitions

(Second Sight #3)

Psychic Kate Edwards had her first premonition—a vision of her own murder by a faceless attacker. With very few clues to go on, she has to use her psychic gifts to uncover who wants her dead. Paranoia sets in and Kate wonders if there’s anybody she can trust.

As Kate fears her impending death, she’s desperate to seek comfort with her ex-boyfriend Jared Corbett. As she tries
Published March 7th 2013 (first published February 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Premonitions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Premonitions

Start your review of Dark Premonitions (Second Sight, #3)
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yeah! I was one of the lucky ducks chosen to win an eARC of DARK PREMONITIONS! Thank you again Heather! I love this series!!
This book had me all over the place. There were times I wanted to shake some sense into Kate. Times I wanted to slap Jared. And times I wanted to punch Nikki right in the throat. *sneer* There were also happy endings and then an O.M.G she did NOT just end the book that way! Oh yes she did *grumble grumble have to wait for book four grumble*
If you haven't given book one,
Paula
Oh my, does this book really have to end on such a cliffhanger. Heather Topham Wood apparently likes to make us, her readers suffer till fall.

The story of Kate, the psychic continues in this book. She has started to learn more about her visions, but now has to come to grasps with not only being able to see the past, but seeing her future. More importantly, seeing being murdered. While trying to come to terms with this premonition and finding ways to stop it from happening, she also has to try
Stacey
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This ending is the definition of a cliffhanger!!!!!

While trying to win Jared back, Kate does everything she can to prove she cares for him and him only. But she is still planning on working with Declan to help people find missing family members. Only Kate now has had her own future vision, one of her death.
While she and Declan work on who would want to kill Kate, Kate and Jared are trying it as friends. Only they can’t seem to get it right. Jared and Kate take a trip to Maine for Thanksgiving
Jo Michaels
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Folks that love paranormal fiction.
Recommended to Jo by: Heather Topham Wood
If you're a regular follower of my reviews, you know I read, enjoyed, and reviewed the first two books in the Second Sight series. Dark Premonitions was very different. It was won by me in a giveaway held by the author, Ms. Heather Topham Wood. Without any more babbling, I give you my review:

From a reader's perspective: Kate, the main character, is still rash and young. She has a tendency to act before she thinks and those characteristics fit someone who's gone through what she has. I was glad
Kay
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, paranormal
**This review contains spoilers of the first two books in the series. In case you missed it before, here are my 4.5 star reviews for Second Sight #1, First Visions.& Second Sight #2 New Revelations!

Once again I sing my praises to Heather Topham Wood for writing a charming and intense New Adult paranormal romance. I find the Second Sight series to be easy (not in a bad sense) and fun reads.

The characters are back in Dark Premonitions and just as entertaining as they were in the first two
Samantha Holly
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Dark Premonitions is an thrilling suspense story that leaves you wanting more.

The story begins where New Relevations (book 2 of the Second Sight Series) ended, with psychic Kate Edwards experiencing her first premonition of her own murder by someone she does not recognise.

Kate continues on her path to helping people using her gift despite her need to identity her killer. She is also trying to win back Jared's trust & heart while continuing her friendship with Declan (the man in the middle
Jess (the cozy reader)
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
What an adrenaline rush.. Oh boy, this book definitely had my heart going. So much happened that I could barely wrap my mind around the events.

Kate and Jared's love for each other goes through it's ups and downs. Yes there were times I was frustrated with the both of them, but at the same time I know they are so right for each other. I will say that I was not happy when Nikki showed up again.. Not at all!

Kate's visions are always intense and and they sure do keep me on the edge. The thing I
Atalia • FMR Book Grind
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-series
One of my favorite series ever. These books just keep getting better and better as the series moves forward. The suspense in this book will make you lose sleep because you will not want to put it down until your done. I loved the interactions between Jared and Kate; its so obvious he still has feelings for her despite breaking up with her. He was frustrating at times but its hard to stay mad at a hot detective ;) . Kate's interactions with Declan were hilarious; gotta love his sense of humor. I ...more
zapkode
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
{my thoughts} - This book is filled with suspense. It is extremely difficult to put down and helps to better understand just who Kate is. I enjoyed learning more about Kate and Jared, but the best parts were when she was working on cases. How it would show her raw emotional and for who she really was on the inside as an individual. This book has the ability to make you laugh, cry and ask yourself - Did I just read that? It's a must read if you have read the previous books in the series. It is ...more
Sandy Mueller
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. I found this book to be very good and now I am going to look for the first and second books in the second sight series. I also can't wait for the conclusion to the series coming in the fall of 2013, as this book left me hanging as to the ending. The characters in this book were very interesting and believable. Books on psychics have always been interesting to me and this book could be true.
Erin
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Like with the first two books in this series, I was completely enamored with Kate and Jared. I have to admit that I even started to like Declan. Where I am anxious to read the final book, I am a little sad that there is only one more book to read. I certainly hope the end isn't truly the 'end' for Kate. Definitely worth reading.
Dsbook
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved all three books in this series and can not wait until the next one comes out. I could not put this book down, I read it in one night. I loved the characters and the suspense kept me guessing all the way through the book. The only problem is that I want the next book in the series NOW,lol
Deborah
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another fast moving book by Heather Topham Wood! This one surprises you with its twists and turns! Poor Kate...
My only disappointmet is that I'll have to wait a while for the fourth book, Final Omen!
Tina
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my fave series. Can't wait for the last book to see how things works out for the protag Kate.
Aspicer
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters in this series. Like all of them, it kept me interested from beginning to end and wanting more. Cannot wait for the next one!!
Holly
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I certainly don't want to give anything away in the series but all I can say is that I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to wait till fall for book 4!!!
Geri
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it...Can't wait for Book 4.
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I bought Second Sight: The Complete Collection (4 Book Bundle), but I am reviewing these individually.

If you don't have book four at the ready when you read this one, you'll probably regret it.

This one was a nail biter. Kate sees her death (in a vision) and she and Declan try to find out who wants to harm her before it's too late. Declan annoyed me less in this book, but I still don't like him much.

There were plenty of LOL Kate moments, oh how I love snarky Kate. The romance part of the book
Victoria Brinius
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy that Kate decided to help in the search for the missing girl. I felt like the book was a ticking time bomb. As I got closer to the end I got more worried. I also felt as though Jared and Kate were meant to be together and I wanted them to sort out their relationship. At the end of this book so one dies. I immediately called my sister who read book 1 and 2 after I did. We talked about this book, until we were done reading book 4. Just thinking about the last chapter of this book ...more
Michelle Baldwin
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
well I picked this.book.up last night a read it in a day I couldn't put it down I'm gutted that th e 're is only.one .ore left in the series I could read this storyline for ever can't wait to read the next book here goes..... I read a lot and these books are one of the best I've read
one of your biggest fans michelle baldwin x
Yasaman
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting serie to read. The story is getting more and more exciting and the ending always leaves me impatient for the next book. I love Kates' strong personnality and cutting remarks. Jared is a perfect guy that I would LOVE to meet in real life. Most of all, I love the supernatural part of the serie.
Sue Plant
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Finding the love interest with jared and Declan frustrating
Would rather have more visions ... The vision in this one was startling and well written

And the ending wow what a cliff hanger ... Makes me want to read the final book in this series just to see what happens
Norie
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Its very interesting book to read can't get enough of it... Can't wait to start read the next book!!!!
Yvonne
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the book, hated the ending, very sad!
Julianna
Not my favorite of the series but it was still good. just wish that we knew for sure what was going on at the end, but i guess it is a great way for us to want to read the next one.
J.L.
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, all-ya, all-pnr
4-4.5 STARS
Melissa ownsbey
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
im left with having a huge cliffhanger but was good book
kate is now learning so much about her viosons
great book off to read the next one
Debbie
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: p-m-t-fluff
I love this series! The ending of book #3 has me eagerly waiting for the Fall release of book #4. Love/hate the cliffhanger ending! ;)
Caroljean Shirley
Mar 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
release 1 7 Dec 26, 2012 05:01AM

• The Red Zone
  • Her Love
  • The Moth and the Flame (When Rivals Play, #2)
  • With Us (Amato, #1)
  • Deamhan (Deamhan Chronicles #1)
  • Misty Hollow Cat Detective (Smudge the Cat #1)
  • Blood Echo (Burning Girl, #2)
  • Woodwalker (Woodwalker, #1)
  • Hidden Lies (#2)
  • Attraction (Elements of Chemistry, #1; Hypothesis, #1.1)
  • Their Love
  • Too Many
  • Jock Blocked
  • Misbehaved (Brother's Best Friend, #4)
  • Casino Shuffle
  • Protecting Freedom
Heather Topham Wood’s obsession with novels began in childhood while growing up in a shore town in New Jersey. Writing since her teens, she recently returned to penning novels after a successful career as a freelance writer. She loves creating imaginary worlds where people behave exactly how she wants them to.

Heather graduated from the College of New Jersey in 2005 and holds a bachelor's degree in

Second Sight (4 books)
  • First Visions (Second Sight, #1)
  • New Revelations (Second Sight, #2)
  • The Final Omen (Second Sight, #4)