Start by marking “Red Run” as Want to Read:
Red Run

Red Run

Everyone in the Louisiana backwoods knows never to drive down Red Run at night, especially Edie. Her brother was murdered by the ghost that haunts the road -- a ghost Edie is hunting.

Suspense and Southern gothic meet in this modern ghost story, where nothing is what it seems.
Published November 15th 2012 by Kami Garcia LLC

To ask other readers questions about Red Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Run

Julia
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Inhalt: Kami Garcias Inspiration zu "The Legion - Der Kreis der Fünf" Der Red Run führt nirgendwo hin - außer in den Tod. Das weiß jeder, allen voran Edie. Seit ihr Bruder dort vor einem Jahr qualvoll sterben musste, hat sie nur noch ein Ziel: das unheimliche Morden zu stoppen ... "Red Run" von Kami Garcia ist eine fesselnde Kurzgeschichte, in der nichts ist, wie es scheint. Nachdem sie die Geschichte geschrieben hatte, ließ sich die Autorin von ihr zu ihrem neuen Roman "The Legion - Der Kreis d ...more
Cindy
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Natrina Felan
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While extremely short, I actually really enjoyed this.
J.A. Belfield
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review will probably be short because there’s only so much you can say about a short story. However, I did enjoy this one. I’m not sure if the author intended it to be 100% creepy, but whilst the creep-factor was there, especially with the even-toned and understated way in which it was written, I also found it quite fun.
What can I say? I laugh my head off at Supernatural, and pretty much all the TV shows I watch consist of some kind of scary supernatural being, so I’m a bit of a tough nut.
A
Dani
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
'Twas delightfully creepy and mysterious. A very enjoyable little read that left me wanting to know more -- not in a this-feels-unsatisfyingly-unfinished kind of way, but rather in a this-is-cool-and-I-wish-it-were-longer kind of way.
Doreena
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story!

I loved this story. It brings to mind lots of roads and legends in every town. The story was wonderfully written and the ending was great, but I would have loved for the story to be longer, but then it wouldn't be a short story.
Jeni
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very short, but very good! Kami Garcia manages to tell a full and engaging story in the time it normally takes an author to create a vivid setting, and it holds your attention from beginning to end. If I wasn't already a fan of her work, Red Run would have made me one.
Stephanie Tejada
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*sigh* I want more lol
Dawn
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller-horror
I met this author through her series 'Beautiful Creatures'. I read the whole series and really like her writing style. So when I saw this book I just had to give it a try since it was a bit different from the past paranormal that I have read from her. I new it was short, but I did not realize how short. It packed a lot of story and back story into just a few pages. I enjoyed its hint of terror and creepiness.
jen ondo
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like reading kami garcias books

I liked this book it was a good but to short story it kept u wanting to read it. I really like kami. I really enjoyed. The supernatural series although i can't buy the last book yet i love that story as well
Kayleigh Mathews
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finished quick enjoyable short story that I flew through. I am a sucker for anything supernatural. The ending I felt like was a bit rushed to be wrapped up but I still liked it. 4 stars.
Tina
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Such a great short story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would love a full length novel. The characters pulled at my heart strings!
Lisa Gramling
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a short,no word wasting book.
Recommended to Lisa by: I was scrolling through my tablet looking for a book I started yesterday but ckuldn't remember the title and the author has written LOTS of books and I saw Kami Garcia's name and I've enjoyed everything I've read by her so I read it instead of searching through lots of books without a title to go by.
Daisy
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this short story. I knew it was supernatural, and I expected the romance side, since the author is part of the Beautiful Creatures creation, but I really entered into the stories world with no idea of what to expect. And luckily I was impressed - not overly so, but it was good enough to definitely keep my attention and approval throughout.

Red Run is about a girl who's brother was murdered by a ghost. Edie, after meeting a pair of 'ghost hunters' decide
Brina
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kami Garcia kannte ich bislang nur von den "Caster Chronicles", die sie zusammen mit Margaret Stohl geschrieben hat. Da ich bei ihrem neuesten Werk "The Legion" noch sehr unsicher war, ob ich dieses Buch tatsächlich lesen möchte, habe ich mich zunächst für die Kurzgeschichte "Red Run" entschieden. Diese hat zwar an sich nichts, bzw. kaum etwas mit "The Legion" zu tun, allerdings hat diese Kurzgeschichte sie erst dazu inspiriert, um "The Legion" überhaupt zu schreiben.

Nun, meine Erwartungen ware
Alysa H.
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm kind of hoping that this short story is secretly a preview for a new series, because as a stand-alone it's good but not great. It's well-written, sure, and makes me want to see what happens to the characters next, but - how do I put this? - it's not remotely as original as it thinks it is. Taking the "ghost passenger" urban legend and trying to add a fresh spin is all well and good and this story does it as well as any, I suppose. Eh. (Other reviewers have compared it to a particular episode ...more
Bex
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
This novella really is short. I know it's a short story, but I've read quite a few novellas and this really is very little and seems more like half a chapter!

Equally the story really never gets exciting. I love novellas which have a twist, or an interesting character or something that makes me want to read more. This one didn't do those things for me. This is effectively a ghost story, the kind you're told over a campfire to freak you out, but with less of the creepiness of a really good one.

Ed
david y biblioflick
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, novellas, ya

so another copy of Red Rising and Red Queen wherein the lowest is Red the highest is bronze (Gold & Silver is taken already)... just kidding

For a short story, it is good and fun and I thought it is a e-novella of Unbreakable but here on goodreads it is not listed under the Unbreakable Trilogy, but maybe it is set on the same universe/Legionverse or maybe it is not.

And even though the plot twist is quite common or not that jaw dropping or mind blowing. I like it (because somehow it is essen
Auri90
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Diese kostenlose Kurzgeschichte hat mich sehr interessiert! Diese Geschichte hat Kami Garcia zu ihrem neuen Roman "The Legion" inspiriert. Da ich noch nie wtwas von Kami Garcia gelesen habe, aber schon lange mal etwas lesen wollte, war dies ein guter Weg um den Schreibstil der Autorin einmal kennenzulernen und dann zu entscheiden ob ich wirklich was von ihr lesen werde. Und was soll ich sagen? - Die Kurzgeschichte hat mich wirklich gepackt, sie ist sehr spannend und erschreckend. Volle Punktzahl ...more
Shellan
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kurzrezension:
"Red Run" ist die Inspiration zu dem Roman "The Legion - Der Kreis der Fünf". Ich war gespannt wie die Inspiration so ist, denn das Buch wollte ich mir auch noch kaufen. Viel zu rezensieren gibt es aber bei den Knapp 40 Seiten nicht. Edie, der Charakter der in dieser Kurzgeschichte im Vordergrund steht hat mir gefallen. Sie ist sehr mutig und taff, scheut nicht vor ihrer Angst. Tommy tritt auch noch kurz auf. Er wirkt zunächst unheimlich, und dann weiß man ihn nicht so recht einzus
Jovy
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Céline
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What drew me to this short story was Kami Garcia, such a fan of her writing and knew I would not be disappointed with this one. Despite it being a short story it contains such a great journey for the main character. With unexpected turns your left unsure of how this story will end, I myself was surprised and still found myself loving the ending! Recommended!!!
Lindsay
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, horror
Emma
Feb 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good read, not outstanding, but also not abysmal. I was expecting it to be a bit creepy, but I've seen creepier episodes of Supernatural.
Basically, if you're looking for a quick read with a nice little twist at the end...give it a crack!
Mo
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Read this short story in the Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions anthology in December 2012.

Intriguing take on a ghost story & how "legends" get started.
'Twas also fun to read a completely different story written by one of the co-authors of the Beautiful Creatures series of which I am a fan.
Susie shipley
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good short story

Good short story. I like the writing style. I'd definitely read more by this author. I would've liked a little more to the story though. Or a follow up story possibly.
Kathy Broyles
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Awesome ghost short story! Reading it on Halloween was a plus :)
Carly
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Die Kurzgeschichte ist besser, als das "eigentliche" Buch.
Irgendwie denke ich daran, ob ich dem Ganzen doch noch eine neue Chance geben sollte ...
Tiffany
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Super short, but a good ghost story.
Kristen
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story was AMAZING. But omg,... why so short?! Hence why I'm making my own review short. Kami, please extend the book, so I can extend my review. I wanna read more!

• Blackberry Blue: And Other Fairy Tales
  • A Taste of True Blood: The Fangbanger's Guide
  • Wraith (Wraith, #1)
  • Sentinel (Sentinel Trilogy, #1)
  • No Love Lost (Weather Warden #1.5)
  • A Touch of Honor (The Honor Trilogy #1)
  • Carniepunk: Parlor Tricks (Elemental Assassin, #8.1)
  • Scene from Haden's POV (Falling Under, #1.1)
  • AfterLife
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Hunting Kat (Darkest Powers, #0.5)
  • Awakenings (Kiera's Quest, #1)
  • Sacrifice the Wicked (Dark Mission, #4)
  • The Weeping
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • Die Suche beginnt (Die Chroniken der Seelenwächter, #1)
  • Soul Mate
  • First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1)
Kami Garcia is the #1 New York Times & USA Today bestselling co-author of the Beautiful Creatures novels & the Dangerous Creatures novels, and the author of the instant New York Times bestseller & Bram Stoker Award nominated novels UNBREAKABLE & UNMARKED in the Legion Series. Her contemporary romance THE LOVELY RECKLESS releases on October 4th (Imprint/Macmillan).

Kami grew up outsi