Start by marking “How to Marry a Highlander (Falcon Club, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
How to Marry a Highlander (Falcon Club, #3.5)

How to Marry a Highlander

(Falcon Club #3.5)

With seven troublesome half sisters to marry off, Duncan, the Earl of Eads, has one problem: he's broke.

With the prospect of marriage to the pompous local curate, Miss Teresa Finch-Freeworth has one dream: to wed instead the handsome Highlander she saw at a ball.

How does a desperate lady convince a reluctant laird that she's the perfect bride for him? She strikes a wager!
Published July 30th 2013 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about How to Marry a Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Marry a Highlander

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
"She wanted to be the spring ewe to his ram. She wanted to be the nectar in the bud to his hummingbird’s probe. She wanted him to make her a woman in this hothouse."

...um. Say what? Ok, let's backtrack here.

"When the Earl of Eads had stared at her across that ballroom in London...he hadn’t even glanced at her bosom...the earl had not given her bosom even a flicker of interest. He had stared at her face.
She liked that about him."

Oh, Teresa, honey, if that's a reason for you to fall in love with t
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

4 sexy, charming, swoon-worthy stars!!

The Story -

Teresa doesn't want to marry the vicar, so she takes husband hunting into her own hands. Her sight is set on Duncan, Earl of Eads, a man she only saw once from across a ballroom eighteen months earlier. Even though he's practically penniless, there's something about him that compels her to seek him out and make him an offer of marriage he can't refuse. Except, much to Teresa's dismay, refuse is exactly what he does! Not easily dissuaded, Tere
Becca
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the lightest tale I have ever read by Ashe. It is a great foil to the dark previous book in this series.

We meet Duncan in How a Lady Weds a Rogue, and he is a villain of sorts. He also happens to have a code of honor, a tragic past, and devilishly good looks. Let's be honest, these are the makings of a good romance hero!

Teresa is also in How a Lady Weds a Rogue and she is a loyal friend with a penchant for telling stories. She has a flair for the dramatic and that shows through in this n
Jocelin
This is one of the few Highlander books that I have read that doesn't deal with any fights for territorial land or a battle against good or evil. The synopsis for the book is that a penniless Earl has to marry off seven of his sisters (no small feat). There is another-Teresa Finch-Freeworth (what a mouthful) that wants to be the wife of said Earl and will go to great lengths to win him over. She comes up with a plan to get the 7 sisters hitched and they can live in Highlander bliss!
First, of all
Chumchum_88
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella, historical
I looooooved this novella XD I've been digging through my to-read shelf for novella and I stumbled upon this one and oh how fun it was XD

- This book greatly resembled one of my favorite movies "7 brides for 7 brothers" it was kinda the same but there was the main couple and the rest are 6 sisters XD

- I liked how the heroine was so bold going after what she wanted, and the fact that she did it in front of his entire family was funny

- I liked the fact that the hero actually remembered her and l
kris
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Duncan, the Earl of Eads, has seven half-sisters to marry off. Teresa Finch-Freeworth wagers him her hand in marriage that she can get it done, with side bets for 1, 3, and 5.

1. She gets six and then calls it off.

2. The wager for five sisters was sex.

3. I mention this because there is so little interaction between Duncan and Teresa that the fact they sleep together felt somewhat out of left field.

4. While I didn't particularly like the blocks of this novella, the writing was solid and I'm st
Regiane Moreira
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Que delícia de estória...
Katharine Ashe me encanta... ouvi várias pessoas comentando não gostar da narrativa dela... eu simplesmente amo... é inteligente e bem estruturada e, principalmente, envolvente... pelo menos para mim.
Neste volume, que é mais um conto, do Falcon Club encontramos Duncan, conde de Eads, um viúvo escocês que prestou muitos serviços ao Falcon Club e fugiu para Escócia depois de colocar os olhos em uma ruiva que arrebatou seu coração e sua alma, mas ele não quer voltar a casar
Elodie
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I discover Mrs Katharine Ashe little by little, as her work needs time to be fully appreciated, it must be enjoyed like a tasty and delicious meal or a great wine (it is my full French side in that is speaking).
And I’m never so happy to read with my kindle app, else, i would be lost in a dictionary trying to comprehend every new or unknown words I discover.
I do remember now why I had it lined on my kindle shelves, the blurb!
And what a read it was, short but so witty and full of twists and turns
Ki
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a novella and part of Katharine's loving series the Falcon Club! I'm super super happy that I picked this baby up and read it. Shall I say the synopsis was the thing that hooked me to this book rather than the smexy cover? Laaaa~

Okay, so there's this English proper country miss Miss Teresa. She has been in...carrying an faction for a Scottish Earl, Duncan, for over a year after glimpsing him staring at her from across the room at a Lady B's ball back in book 3 of the series, How a Lady W
Diana
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I don’t usually agree to read a book in a series out of order but I couldn’t resist this title. It had a Highlander! You know my fondness for Scottish men tales. ;P Another plus was the introduction of a new to me author. I had heard of Ashe but hadn’t yet had the opportunity to try her so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to accomplish two things at once.

I was of two minds when reading this story. I admired Teresa and her determination to find happiness and take charge of her life. Do I
Lynde Shaw
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
The premise of this book sounded so promising! The delivery, sadly lacking. 7 grooms found for 7 sisters in 30 days with a special "treat" for certain milestones hit including making love after 5 of the 7 are betrothed with the culmination of Duncan marrying Theresa after the 7th sister is betrothed is the wager they make with each other after Duncan says no when Theresa asks HIM to marry HER. Throughout the entire book Duncan waffles between never wanting to marry again and lusting after Theres ...more
Trish R.
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun heroine..

This was really a fun book. Other reviewers who gave it a low score said something about it being too few pages and would have been better as a whole novel. I can never understand why people buy a novella then give it 1 or 2 star reviews because it WAS a novella. I happen to love novellas. They are without all that angst and stupid misunderstandings. Oh, there are some novellas that I’ve read that were just terrible but 99% of them were great little stories.

I loved all the characte
Kate
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
I really liked Teresa, but this novella was much too short for the plot. By nature of having AT LEAST 7 background characters who had to play a prominent role in the story, we saw Teresa spend much more time with Duncan's sisters than Duncan himself. I also thought it was totally unbelievable that Diantha wouldn't have told Teresa why she had concerns about Duncan in the first place, considering Teresa's admittedly rash and problematic plan.

I guess I just needed more from Duncan to make this wor
Donna
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the book I begged Katharine Ashe to write. The hero, Duncan Eads, was a minor character in "How A Lady Weds A Rogue" and deserved to have his own story. It's wonderful! Katharine is an excellent author.
Abby Summers
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I find I enjoy Ashe's novellas more than her novels...no room for convoluted plot points. Her charming characters shine brightest on fewer pages. She's great at dialogue and really excels in Highland speech. Verra enjoyable!
Marianne Brown
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different story line and great characters

I love romances but there are only so many themes to explore. This one moves the genre sideways. The dialog is funny, the characters are plausible and unique and it is not trite. Great fun altogether and good writing.
Olivia
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one a lot! The female main is really great, and funny and determined to get what she wants, and I really liked it. The male lead is kinda like wtf the whole time, and it was a nice switch for the woman to pursue the man. It's a short read, and definitely one I'd recommend.
Toula
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have it in paperback form chapters/indigo part of a series
Shantie
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome writing. Loved all the characters. Sure hope Sorcha gets a book!
Virginia Brown
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

An easy, entertaining read that nicely filled a Sunday afternoon. I found myself chuckling at the audacity of the wager; and cheering as it progressed.
Dianne Lowe
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightfully fun to read. Spunky female meets unwilling male and wins her heart's desire.
Siska
Mar 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
boring and waste my time
Les Romantiques
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Fabiola
Review Copy from the Publisher

This book is the fourth volume in Falcon Club series. I haven’t read the other books so I can’t say a lot about them. It seems that the previous heroes belonged to this club where they were agents. Nevertheless, Duncan, the hero in How to marry a Highlander, is not an agent and never worked for Falcon Club. What’s more, the book is a short story. The author explains that she wrote the story because her f
Amy
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars! Matchmaker Heaven.

Teresa Finch-Freeworth is enamored with one man, with broad shoulders and beautiful blue eyes, while facing the prospect of marriage to the odious and pious Mr. Waldon. After learning that the Earl of Eads, the man who has filled her thoughts and her dreams these past eighteen months is to be in London seeking husbands for his seven sisters, yes seven of them, Teresa concocts a plan that will either win her the man of her dreams or ruin her forever.

Duncan, the Ear
Jessica
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-review
Katharine Ashe’s How to Marry a Highlander is a novella in her Falcon Club series. You don’t need to read the books in the series, but for a little background on Teresa and Duncan, you might want to read How a Lady Weds a Rogue since they make an appearance.

Upon hearing the local vicar express his interest in her, Teresa Finch-Freeworth, flees her home in the country to London with one goal in mind, to marry the handsome Scotsman she can’t stop thinking about it. She seeks Duncan, the Earl of Ea
Kimberly
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

Miss Teresa Finch-Freeworth has no desire to wed the suffocatingly pompous local curate. Unfortunately for her, Teresa’s father has all but promised her to the man! What’s a girl to do? Why, hie herself off to London and propose to the handsome earl of her dreams, of course. Only Duncan Eads isn’t as eager to wed Teresa as she is him — in fact, he’s a widower with no desire to ever get married again. Still, Du
Nancy
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
The third book in Ashe's Falcon Club series is an historical romance novella that opens with Teresa doing something absolutely scandalous for her time period: She propositions a Scottish earl for his hand in marriage. When he declines her, she strikes a deal with him: if she finds husbands for all his sisters, he'll marry her. Teresa is worried she'll be betrothed to her town's curate, a dull and stiff man who seems determined to suck the life out of her. I was absolutely reminded of Mr. Collins ...more
Mnix
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Miss Teresa Finch-Freeworth has no desire to wed the suffocatingly pompous local curate. Unfortunately for her, Teresa's father has all but promised her to the man! What's a girl to do? Why, hie herself off to London and propose to the handsome earl of her dreams, of course. Only Duncan Eads isn't as eager to wed Teresa as she is him -- in fact, he's a widower with no desire to ever get married again. Still, Duncan has seven sisters he needs to marry off and no dowry to give any of them, which l ...more
Nashville Book Diva
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing

When a seasoned debutante is about to be forced into marriage to the local vicar she high-tails it to London with her maid. The duality of prim and proper Teresa Finch-Freeworth and Annie (her maid who freely fills her in on what intimately occurs between a man and a woman) is a amusing.

The issue at hand is we’ve a heroine at an age when most young women are properly married, and Teresa has few and fewer choices. Unfortunately, she has little experience and has sustained herself with the fantas
Gaele
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: avon, jeep-diva

The third installment in Katharine Ashe’s Falcon Club series is a delightfully clever romp through the marriage market in this historical romance novella. Set in the past, the situation and approach of Teresa is particularly contemporary and completely outrageous for the time.

Teresa is delightful and just moments from being considered too old for the marriage market. A chance encounter across a crowded ballroom nearly two years prior placed one face, one man, at the center of her fant
  • With This Kiss: Part Three
  • The Scandalous, Dissolute, No-Good Mr. Wright
  • The Ruin of a Rogue (The Wild Quartet, #2)
  • Less Than a Gentleman (Historical #2)
  • At the Duke's Wedding
  • X Marks the Scot (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #2)
  • Her Highland Fling (Second Sons, #2.5)
  • Days of Rakes and Roses (Sons of Sin, #1.5)
  • The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3)
  • Sins of a Ruthless Rogue (Sinners Trio, #2)
  • The Earl with the Secret Tattoo (House of Brady, #1.5)
  • The Governess Club: Claire (The Governess Club, #1)
  • Lyon's Bride (The Chattan Curse, #1)
  • The Perks of Being a Beauty (Ugly Ducklings, #3.5)
  • Big Boy
  • The Mad Earl's Bride (Scoundrels, #3.5)
  • Wanted: Wife (French Kiss, #1)
  • The Earl in My Bed (Forgotten Princesses, #2.5)
Katharine Ashe is the USA Today bestselling author of historical romances reviewers call “intensely lush” and “sensationally intelligent,” including two Amazon's Best Romances of the Year. A professor of history and popular culture, she writes fiction because she adores the grand adventures and breathtaking sensuality of historical romance. For more information, please visit her at http://www.kath ...more

Falcon Club (6 books)
  • When a Scot Loves a Lady (Falcon Club, #1)
  • How to Be a Proper Lady (Falcon Club, #2)
  • How a Lady Weds a Rogue (Falcon Club, #3)
  • The Rogue (Devil's Duke, #1; Falcon Club, #4)
  • The Scoundrel and I (Falcon Club, #4.5; The Prince Catchers, #3.5)
  • The Earl (Devil's Duke, #2; Falcon Club, #5)
“He moved a half step closer. “What have ye got in that bonnie head o’ yers, lass, that makes ye believe ye’ve got leave to make demands as ye do?”
Dreams. Hopes. The desperate wish for somebody to understand her.”
3 likes