Start by marking “Terms & Conditions Apply (Venus Ascendant #1)” as Want to Read:
Terms & Conditions Apply (Venus Ascendant #1)

Read Book

Terms & Conditions Apply (Venus Ascendant #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
“Welcome to Venus Ascendant, a Public Grade space station in the Andromedan Galaxy. With our open-to-all policy, any being in the universe can find their perfect R & R, romantic getaway or dangerous liaison at our purpose built resort. The on-board empathic AI Ganesa ensures that anyone coming to Venus Ascendant will find their heart’s desire, with suites that transfor ...more
ebook
Published November 19th 2012 by Pippa Jay (first published November 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Terms & Conditions Apply, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terms & Conditions Apply

Laurel
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A space station, a woman who's been dumped, and an avatar... ingredients for a romantic cocktail delicately crafted by Pippa Jay. There were several surprises along the way, and some fabulous characters one can really sympathise with.

Having read Pippa Jay's previous works, and thoroughly enjoyed them both, it wasn't much of a surprise that Pippa has once again created a setting that my imagination is immediately at home in. The writing is vivid, and drew me into the story with ease. This is a q
Marlene
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sci-fi/paranormal romance fans
This story is short but packs a large punch. I read it in a few hours and am still mulling over and thinking about the characters and the moral of the story and the emotions, hours after finishing it. When a story can affect me like that, then it's definitely worth reading.

It's a sweet, sexy, heart-breaking and heart-warming story with some really neat science fiction elements. I didn't want it to end so fast!

Lovers of science fiction and paranormal romance will enjoy this little ditty.

I'm star
Andra
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this short story! Absolutely fabulous. I enjoyed the characters, but the descriptions that Pippa used, really had me feeling like I was right there in the middle of Venus Ascendant.

I felt like I was right there in the room with Marie and Soren.... although, I think I really wanted to shoo Marie out so I could have Soren to myself. :-) Thanks for taking me on such a fabulous trip from the comfort of my sofa!

Keep it coming Pippa. Can't wait to read more.
Jessica Subject
For such a short story, Terms & Conditions Apply packs a huge emotional punch. It is sweet and sexy rolled into one, with a surprising twist at the end.
Karen Bynum
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Terms & Conditions Apply was a fun and sexy short story with an excellent twist ending! Marie, the heroine, is stranded on a pleasure planet after her boyfriend never shows up for their romantic weekend getaway. She’s beyond ticked off. Waiting for the next transport home, she’s approached by an android. Soren, the hero, might not be human but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have feelings, dreams and emotions. He approaches Marie—sees how alone and sad she is—and is determined to fulfill her dr ...more
Clare O'Beara
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf, romance
A girl who is taken to an expensive luxury space station and dumped, finds a new way of life. An AI who has the mind of a man who was terminally ill and altered into this form, comes to help her and provides physical compensation.

This is an erotic tale which is well written; it keeps the reader's interest and sympathy even though the romantic plot is somewhat predictable. Well, obviously the AI guy is going to be a great lover and the girl is going to fall for someone who's been decent to her a
AnnaM
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sfr, 2013-sfrs
Emotional, romantic, and has great worldbuilding. I really liked the Venus Ascendant as a character herself. The main characters were sympathetic and well-done. The sex was tasteful and not overdone. The story felt like it ended perfectly for the plot. Short, sweet, and engaging. I found this story a nice twist on the sexbot love story. It was both sad, in a way, and sweet. Both MCs seemed to be lost souls who are great together.

Renn Hadley
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There should be more stories about R and R in space. I really enjoyed the concept of the Venus Ascendant, both as a vacation destination in space and as an alternative life extender. The story itself is a fun, sexy, romantic escape with some intriguing concepts that I'm still thinking about.

While I would enjoy seeing more stories with this setting, I also appreciated that it was short, packing so much in, like a satisfying morsel.
Corinne
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-sci-fi
This SFR short is so well written it grabs you with the first sentence and doesn't let you go until the last. Beautifully constructed world building is combined with a good story and two very well done main characters that are easy to connect to and will have you caring about them and what happens to them. It's a quick read, but its powerful and the ending is anything but expected.
Lara
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet SF Romance story about a young working class woman jilted by her boyfriend and finding new love. I liked her and the hero, but felt that the relationship developed waaay too fast. And the decision she makes at the end left me with more questions than a certainty that there was a happy ending.
Diane Dooley
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable shorter story. Big premise that I would have liked to have seen explored in more depth. Unusual ending for a romance. Strong writing. 3.5 stars

Discussed this book in more detail here: http://www.thegalaxyexpress.net/2013/...
Stephanie
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sabine Priestley
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another author I'm stalking. This was cool. One of those stories that stick with you. I find myself rehashing it over and over. I love an ending I don't see coming. This one especially left me equally satisfied and frustrated--in a good way.
Nudge Wink Wink
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Originally published on our website: http://nudgewinkwink.com/terms-condit...
Rachel Smith
I don't read a lot of short stories, but Pippa is one of my auto-buy authors. An excellent introduction to her style and voice. And Soren.... YUM!
Randy Harmelink
I guess I'm just getting to be an old fogey, because this well written love story just didn't tug at the old heartstrings. For most of the story, I was on the verge of being bored. And the ending was just too contrived for me.
Rachel
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
This had a good story, but it was just, she meets a guy, has sex, falls for him, then theres and HEA ending. Very blah.
Melanie Duncan
Dec 07, 2015
Nicola
rated it it was ok
May 08, 2014
After spending twelve years working as an Analytical Chemist in a Metals and Minerals laboratory, Pippa Jay is now a stay-at-home mum who writes scifi and supernatural stories to engage the emotions. Somewhere along the way a touch of romance crept into her work and refused to leave. In between torturing her plethora of characters, she spends the odd free moment looking after her chickens, creatin ...more
More about Pippa Jay