Start by marking “The Inside-Out Revolution: The Only Thing You Need to Know to Change Your Life Forever” as Want to Read:

Would you like to experience amazing clarity, peace, and freedom, even in the midst of challenging circumstances? In this groundbreaking new book, bestselling author Michael Neill shares an extraordinary new understanding of how life works that turns traditional psychology on its head. This revolutionary approach is built around three simple principles that explain where o ...more
Published May 6th 2013 by Hay House, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Inside-Out Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inside-Out Revolution

Start your review of The Inside-Out Revolution: The Only Thing You Need to Know to Change Your Life Forever
Manuela Colantonio-alonzi
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Today you will hear many people say that all you need to do is think positively and everything will be ok, you’ll be happier. This does help, up to a certain point. There are many books available that discuss this, and their theory behind it is to live in the present moment. This is true, however I always felt that there was a missing piece, a key per se, which goes a step further in explaining how to do this.

I found this book to be an easy read and I was able to read this in less than one day w
Farnoosh Brock
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Eh. And I did try, Michael, I really did. He'd probably smile and say, "That's ok! The inside out revolution is a deep and wide concept and you may not yet be ready to get it." ;) At least that's the vibe of this book. That this concept is so very simple that most people miss it, and yet it is a genius concept. My response to that is EH. I mean, I've read a ton of personal development books. I'm familiar with the power of our thoughts and our true essence being good and perfect as it is and so o ...more
Paul Sheppard
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
At first it started well with some of the same principles I teach about thoughts. Then it descended into too much spiritual mumbo jumbo that dilutes just how powerful this could be. I'm sure the author has some wonderful beliefs about energy and the universe but they come across too heavily as part of this and not an option. I teach the opposite which clients find liberating. Each to their own but this book wasn't for me.
Nausheena
Feb 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
Remind me never read self development books by privileged white men.
Blue Weasel
Similar to other self help books. Supporting the centering of your "self". Balance. Referred to me by a counselor. The list of self help books under my belt did not enable me to view this book as something completely profound. It is much like a beautiful pebble on a beautiful beach. A perfect one of many.
Arminda Lindsay
Accessible, relevant and simplistic in its message. That's what I loved: there's nothing revelatory here. Everything was merely a confirmation bc when we move to our inside, and to our "factory settings," the thoughts flowing through us (mind) recognize these basic truths. I am adding this to my reference shelf and will be reading it multiple times.
Debbie Mcgarrity
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome and achievable
Martha Love
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: change-your-life
I am giving this book 5 stars on its content and message alone.
Andrea James
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have read/am reading a number of book on this subject. This book is presented in a business-book format, organised and easily accessible, as opposed to boring. It has bullet points and chapter summaries which makes for a quicker read and more convenient to pick up/revise the main points.

I think the author's greatest strength is his use of analogies to explain a point. The subject of inside-out living is somewhat vague and woolly and difficult to understand if one is used to conventional analys
Marc
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This short book contains so many large truths. Building on the work of Syd Banks and my friend and teacher, George Pransky, this book shines a bright light on the path to liberation and happiness. Mind/Thought/Consciousness are the keys to understanding how life works, what it is to be a human being, and how to recognize thoughts for what they are...thereby liberating ourselves from their tyranny.

Highly recommended.
Kerry Bridges
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sad to say, I really didn't enjoy this and have returned the audible book. There is supposed to be a ground-breaking revelation here but sadly I didn't read anything I didn't already know. Perhaps it was just not for me but the revelation is really just to make sure you listen to your own inner voice before being influenced by external factors and, since I already feel I do that, I don't need the book to tell me!
Timmy Deleu
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good pointers. Short but to the point.
Jill
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
I have been a fan of Michael Neill for many years. I've listened to his radio show on Hay House Radio. I've read some of his books. I've listened to his podcast and read some of his blog posts. He's a life coach with a background in psychology. He struggled early in life with depression and suicidal thoughts, so he read every self-help book he could get his hands on. And he learned something: generally, self-help books don't really help. So he tried to find a better way.

The Inside-Out Revolutio
Bjørnar Kristensen
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pointing us towards our own inner wisdom and innate health.

This book is a short and pleasant listen about the nature of our human experience. It points us towards a direction where we can experience our lives with more clarity and ease of heart - and resulting in better decision-making and flow through life.

This book contains no step-by-step instructions or guides, meaning that there are no techniques for you to learn or manage in order for you to "get there" - instead it points us to the truth
Grace
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I bumped into an old friend at a workshop recently and was gifted this book by that friend. It was someone I used to study the 3principles alongside and I am very familiar with this school of thought and the leaders in the field.
But over the years I have gotten skeptical. I don't take the principles as Truth with a capital T, but as one method of seeing the world, in an infinite group of possibilities.
I was hesitant to get back into the 3Ps because it's not what I believe to be 'True' anymore
Michael
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You have to read it twice.
it isn't easy. because were so conditioned out of this kind of thinking. But nevertheless, this is how the world works. We just don't tap into it. But the revealing of the truth in this book is profound. I have many great examples of experiences of being touched by it. The book shifted the way I thought on a number of occasions and I'm very grateful for that. it was mind bending as well. The next few days were great and I noticed an improvement in my peace of mind and
Wes
Mar 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book is awful, unless you are a fan of New Age pablum. The definitions of things like "mind" and "thought" in this book are simple-minded and vague. Readers would be better served by reading Marcus Aurelius or similar Stoic writers who give far more concrete advice on how to play the inner mind game. This book is a poorly written manifesto on solipsism.
Bon Tom
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I usually don't give high ratings to books like this, but there's some real substance in it.
It's basically cognitive therapy with air of spirituality, nothing more, nothing less. Which is a good thing.

To spiritual, psychological, emotional and other seekers, this is uplifting book that should leave a reader feel at least a bit better, possibly even take something from it.
Garry Turner
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book in advance of a 3 day course that I will go on next week called "Quality of Mind."

This book is deeply thought-provoking & challenging in parts due to its more spiritual nature. That said, in many ways it is also logical, thus I strongly recommend this book to anyone wanting to get to a place of more peace & better understanding about themselves and how there mind works.

I had a few moments of realisation such as the clarity that I now have that the emotions & feelings that I ha
Carina
I *finally* finished this darn book. Man this was a struggle...

To get the most out of this book I think you should read it a chapter at a time - if that. The chapters are neatly laid out and make sense in their ordering. The book as a whole does a good job of laying out the three principles that I was introduced to in The Enlightened Gardener and The Enlightened Gardener Revisited, but doesn't really do much in the way of saying how you can use them in your own life.

Don't get me wrong, I underst
Michael Butler
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
The book was easy to read and spells out quite clearly that the understanding of consciousness, mind and thought are all connected and that we only feel from our thoughts, so changing negative thought can change how we feel and open up a new world of possibilities. This is the premise of the book in a nutshell. It comes from an author who is well versed in spiritualist approaches to good mental health and who fought with his own demons when a teenager, and succeeded. I found it helpful but chang ...more
Bridgette Simmonds
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very easy to read & insightful book about understanding that our default nature as humans is that of happiness, love, peace and abundance and any experience that is not reflective of that means we are requiring a "reboot" of our thoughts, mind, and consciousness.

Based on the the 3 Principles work of Syd Banks and George Pransky, Michael Neill does a great job in explaining and providing examples of how simple it is for us to live and enjoy life the way we were created to live. The book and the
Djoko Atkinson
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would say that the Inside-out Revolution is the fundamental Philosophy behind the proactivity and reactivity concept from a book titled The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People written by Stephen Covey and logotherapy concept from the book titled Man's Search for Meaning by a legendary psychiatrist and Holocaust-survivor Viktor Frankl. One of my favorite highlight of this book is;
"Happiness and abundance are already there we are the one who responsible preventing them to be there. "We have been
Jacktober
Aug 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I’ve read dozens of books in the self-help genre, and after a while, most books start to sound the same. To say The Inside Out Revolution is markedly different than other books in the genre would be disingenuous.
However, compared to other books, I appreciate the author’s perspective as a life coach. There a couple passages where he talks about the success of his clients (which I’m not a fan of), but there are many more where he just speaks to the moment; he describes what a conversation using t
Fong  Kin Man
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
The interpretations and what you could learn from this book could differ widely among one person to another.

I highly feel this book is written as an introduction to the writer (who is also a motivational speaker and life coach, and also other speakers in the book which he mentioned) who doesn't know him yet.

Even the title is abit pompous "The Only thing you need to know to change your life Forever".

It's a short book, full with anecdotes and using stories to draw parallel with real life experie
D.J. Stone
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great stuff

Not what I was expecting but a great follow on from Supercoach. I got this book to support my studies on a Mindvalley course Michael has facilitated and it was a great help in helping me understand his approach to coaching. You don't have to be on that course to get value from Inside-Out though.

In today's world where everything is commodified and the focus is so much on material gain, the contents of this book offers a fresh perspective.

Well worth your consideration
Nick Prowse
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another classic piece of writing by Michael Neill. I pick this book up and read it in 3 days. Simple, easy and most of clear.

What I love about Neill's work is that it makes you feel like he is in a conversation with you, gentle, patient and insightful.

I may have read these in the 'wrong order' as the Space Within follows this. The message is still very much the same. We have all we could want within in.

This is a book that I will re-read along with the Space Within.
Saso Jakljevic
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this book contains some great concepts despite the way it is explained. I'm not a particularly spiritual person (or maybe I am but don't know it) but I tried to understand those concepts on my own terms and they made sense to me. It seems like a book that you should read or listen to multiple times in order to sink in and understand it's principles. It is a good parallel to Stoic philosophy but looking at a different angle.
Alistair Miller
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this book hard to understand in places. Rather than being a book full of tips and strategies, it is more a guidance on where your outlook on life comes from. The teachings are quite often written in stories and metaphors, which I find personally massively frustrating. I find some of them completely go over the top of my head, and would prefer a more basic explanation. I'll definitely return to this book, but it's not a straightforward read.
Kevin
Aug 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Michael Neill's an incredibly insightful and entertaining life coach. However, he's better live than he is in his books and this book is just terrible IMO. I actually "believe" in the three principles but I can't see this as a good introduction. His live talks are spontaneous, wise, and funny. This book is trite, superficial, cliched.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Prosperous Coach: Increase Income and Impact for You and Your Clients
  • The Enlightened Gardener
  • One Thought Changes Everything
  • The Missing Link Reflections on Philosophy and Spirit
  • The Little Book of Big Change: The No-Willpower Approach to Breaking Any Habit
  • Relationship Handbook
  • Clarity: Clear Your Mind, Have More Time, Make Better Decisions and Achieve Bigger Results
  • Somebody Should Have Told Us!
  • No Self, No Problem: How Neuropsychology Is Catching Up to Buddhism
  • A Little Peace of Mind: Freedom from Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Stress
  • Victim of Thought: Seeing Through the Illusion of Anxiety
  • REAL: The Inside-Out Guide to Being Yourself
  • Beyond Beliefs: The Lost Teachings of Sydney Banks
  • Co-Active Coaching: Changing Business, Transforming Lives
  • The Joy of Not Thinking: A Radical Approach to Happiness
  • The Enlightened Gardener Revisited
  • Time Warrior: How to defeat procrastination, people-pleasing, self-doubt, over-commitment, broken promises and Chaos
  • The HeART of Laser-Focused Coaching: A Revolutionary Approach to Masterful Coaching

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

News & Interviews

“How things ultimately turn out isn't up to us. It never was. But if do our bit and play our part, it's remarkable how far we can go.” 6 likes
“Similarly, the idea of putting pressure on ourselves to strive for our goals now so that we can feel the rush of reaching them later is as bizarre and misguided a life strategy as hitting ourselves in the face because it fells good when we stop.” 4 likes