Start by marking “Deeper We Fall (Fall and Rise, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deeper We Fall (Fall and Rise, #1)

Deeper We Fall

(Fall and Rise #1)

Two years after her best friend was involved in a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, Lottie Anders is ready to start her freshman year of college. Ready to move on. Ready to start forgetting the night that ripped her life apart.

Her plans come to a screeching halt when not one, but both brothers responsible for the accident end up back in her life again.

Za
Nook, 453 pages
Published January 24th 2013 by DRC Publishing (first published January 12th 2013)

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

Charlotte didn't just shake my world. She created an earthquake that had irrevocably changed the landscape of my life.

This book caught me by complete and total surprise. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. For some reason, after reading the book blurb, I had thought that this would be some type of love triangle, which I don't usually enjoy. That was not the case at all. It is a beautiful story about falling for the person you shouldn't, regrets, and second chances.

Two years ago, whil
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

photo tumblr_mdccwzAz9s1rv8jpzo1_500.gif

EPILOGUE

I so felt hanging there... I really love the author to write a bonus chapter... My mind was racking to know what happened to Zack and Lexie and on top of that, how will Zan & Lottie be with each other in future! I guess it's up to imagination now *pouts*

Deeper We Fall is a book of heartwarming, beautiful story of love, friendship, siblings and guilt. How they come together to face the past and that have been haunting them both. A beautiful well-written story!

photo Untitled-1.jpg

Lottie, Zan and Zack
Christy
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Mom, I don’t know what to do.”
“Mockingbird.”
“Mom, I don’t think reading about Scout for the millionth time is going to help in this situation, despite how much I love it.”
“The words of Atticus Finch are relevant in any situation, you would do well to remember them.”

Deeper We Fall is as all about second chances, forgiving others, forgiving yourself, love, healing and acceptance. Fantastic, it was :D

Lottie was a normal high school girl at a party with her best friend Lexie. Lexie decided to go
Jill Heather
Jan 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Lottie's best friend was in a car accident with a creepy guy (Zack) and his brother (Zan, who is clearly interested in Lottie). Zan goes to some kind of facility for a year because he caused the accident by driving without a license (though not drunk). Now Lottie and her twin brother Will are at university -- the same one as Zack and Zan! Oh no! And her roommate is dating Zack! Oh DOUBLE no!

Zan still is obsessed with Lottie, Lottie is in love with Zan even though she doesn't want to be, Zack ups
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review
♥‘Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere.
They’re in each other all along' ~ Remi ♥

One night, young, Charlotte Anders' life is ripped apart, never to be the same again. Her best friend makes a bad decision and suffers the irrevocable consequences. Quickly wind forward.......two years later and we see Lottie, as she is known to her friends, begin her freshman year of college; she is ready to make new friends, not forget, but move on with her life.....

Zack & Zan, old school friends, make an u
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 Stars

Two brothers, Zack and Zan Parker. Two friends, Lottie Anders and Lexie Davis. One night that changed everything. This story made me cry. It made me laugh. It made me wish for a brother like Will Anders. It made me long for a Zan Parker in my life. This isn't just another book you read. This is a journey you walk with these characters. We get inside their heads and their hearts.

When Lottie and her twin brother Will wind up at college with both Zack a
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
I enjoyed the heck out if this book. I'm just loving reading about relationships actually developing (instead of the insta love/relationship that we see so much if these days). I will admit, as much as I enjoyed the build-up, I was anxious for them to finally get together.

I adore Zan. He isn't quite up to Hunter's caliber (from My Favorite Mistake ). But he was fabulous in his own way. I loved that he quoted poetry and played the banjo and still managed to be a total bad ass. I love how much he
Glass
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Review posted on Way Too Hot Books

What happens when you combine Star Wars, Nicholas Sparks, Oprah and eighteen year old kids?

I have to be honest here and say that I didn't like this book very much. I expected so much more, it has lot of potential to be a great, summer read, but at times I felt like I've been reading one big compilation of every possible cliché. Generally, that is the biggest problem with readers turned to be new authors (with all due respect, I am not trying to be mean or anyt
Magan Vernon
Nov 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
There has been a formula for most novels that has been around since the days of old. The typical "bad boy" and the broken girl get together and live happily ever after.

Chelsea Cameron decided to take this old formula and put a new twist on it that isn't like anything else on the virtual shelves.

Told from dual POV's we get to see inside the lives of Lottie and Zan after a tragic car accident, two years before, left Lottie's best friend, Lexie, with a traumatic brain injury and Zan with a hauntin
J
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Remember, Elizabeth fell for Mr. Darcy, Beauty fell for the Beast and Scarlet fell for Rhett. Girls love a mysterious boy with a dark past. Trust me,"

Deeper we fall is a story about Love. Acceptance. Forgiveness. Healing. Redemption.

I really enjoyed this.

Lottie was great with her obsession for books and loved all the references from "To Kill a Mockingbird"

"The words of Atticus Finch are relevant in any situation, especially this one. You would do well to remember them." Great. I'd insulted To
Tandie
I swear, I'm through with this New Adult stuff. I've got to finish reading the galleys I've been approved for, cuz I'm weird like that, then we're breaking up for good. I'll make an exception for those very few gems that Emily May unearths from time to time, but that's it. I usually raise an eyebrow when somebody says an entire genre stinks. I don't generally care for Westerns (movies, music, or books), rap music, or Duck Dynasty. BUT, I've also found something in each of those categories that w ...more
Virginia Hill
This is the second book I've read by Chelsea M. Cameron, the first being My Favorite Mistake, which I liked a great deal. Deeper We Fall is a Mature Teen/New Adult novel written in the alternating points-of-view of Lottie (Charlotte) Anders and Zan (Alexander) Parker. The author scored a lot of points with me by clearly identifying who narrated each section — I've read several books where the narrator was not identified and found them to be highly frustrating!

You may find my entire review here:
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I can’t believe this is my first read by this author. I’m super happy to see she’s got more books I can dive into as I loved this read.

Lettie Andrea and Lexie Davis lives changes in one night. Lottie feels as if she’s living another nightmare when she finds out Zack and Zan Parker are going to the same college as she is. She blames them for that devastating night that left her best friend Lexie with traumatic brain injury.

Zan tries to make amends with Lettie. Her hatred for them is strong but s
Laila
4.75 Angsty, Tea and Pop Tart ★'s !!

description

Well, well, I was actually surprised by how much I liked this book!

Deeper we fall is a college romance in which the MCs are haunted by the same tragedy that struck two years ago. They're both looking to start afresh, but in the biggest of coincidences, everyone ends up in the same dorm.

Zan/ Alex had a little bit of everything and I LOVED him! From the bad boy player past with the tat, to the shy poetry loving boy who's too afraid to make a move on the gi
Cristina Buzoianu
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first thing I loved about this story was the writing style. I’ve never read a book written by Chelsea before and it totally sucked me in from the very beginning! Then, the pace is neither too slow, nor too fast. It’s perfectly created to show the angst and the emotions of the characters.

Lottie’s love and devotion for her broken best friend made my heart melt. Having to see what’s left of Lexie after the accident was extremely hard, that's why she’s full of guilt and pain. But she has Will, h
Lara
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks
This is exactly why I stick to NA after all. For gems like this one.

My expections were low - as usual with NA novels. I mean this sounded just like the typical "I-hate-him-cause-he-once-did-something-really-awful-but-somehow-he's-so-hot-oh-and-maybe-he-didn't-even-do-what-I-blame-him-for" kind of romance. But this time I got really surprised.
In some ways this novel is exactly what I just described. But it is also more - and better.
To be honest, Deeper We Fall is exactly how a NA romance should b
Rebbecca
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book. It's not your ordinary love story. Everyone knows the whole good girl falls for a bad boy routine but this is different. Zan is not just the bad guy but he's the one Lottie hates for damaging her best friend Lexie beyond repair in a car accident 2 years earlier. I won't go too much into the story as I really don't want to spoil it for you, but it has a good twist. You find yourself in Lottie's posit
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
Angst... Check. Douchebag character(s)... check. Grudges... check. Romance... check. Twin-dar powers activate... check. Geeky it is, yes? (In a Yoda voice) But, there's always a but... just not so great that it pushes it far above the pack. Worth reading, it certainly is. Although- I do have to give it a special bonus ♥ simply because of the Minecraft references. *Ssssssss*BOOM!
4-4♥ Geeky, New Adult Hearts.

I did receive this title for free via NetGalley, but also purchased the audio from Audible
Tiffany
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars 🌟

Okay I really wanted to love this book!!! I mean come on!! The synopsis was so interesting but ... I dunno ... some parts of the book made me cringe ... and Lottie kinda of annoyed me ... BUT I still wanna read the second book cos Katie and Stryker’s story seems like it has potential ... maybe I’ll come back to it after some time 😢
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
You can read this and other reviews at madisonsays

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it - Rumi

In Deeper We Fall, we’re first introduced to Lottie (aka Charlotte), a girl living with an unimaginable amount of guilt and anger. Two years prior to leaving for college her best friend, Lexie was in a car accident. Lottie feels she could have or should have prevented it. She should have never let Lexie get into t
Claire Robinson
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I am a big fan of Chelsea M. Cameron, I discovered her awesomeness when I read My Favourite Mistake, it blew me away, not to mention the fact I pulled an all-nighter to finish it….

In Deeper We Fall we get a similar premise wherein the main characters are beginning their journey into adulthood, starting with going away to college. I have to say this book reminded me in parts of the Return to, and Leaving Paradise series by Simone Elkeles, which I absolutely adored.

Zan Parker is an honourable and
sandra
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Hace muchísimo tiempo me topé con Deeper We Fall, pero al leer la sinopsis y ver que salían tres nombres, dos de ellos de chicos y uno de chica, mis dientes chirriaron y no terminé de leerla. Pasé de largo. Y bueno, aquí estoy, dándole una oportunidad.

Me ha gustado más de lo que esperaba, más bien un 3,5 que un 3. Podría haber llegado a las 4 estrellas pero no sé, me ha gustado pero tampoco me ha enamorado. En realidad, siendo sincera, no sé qué puntuación darle porque ha habido cosas que me han
Michelle
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, for-review
I was given this book in exchange for a review.

I really liked this book. Really, I did. At the same time, though, I had some problems with the finer details.

What I liked:
-the alternating POV. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to find in books.
-the awesome cast of supporting characters.
-sweet story of guilt and forgiveness with tension and build up in the relationship between the main characters.
-good amount of humorous sarcasm.
-well placed literary and musical references.

My tr
Purple
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
More than 70% of the book was really boring. Nothing was happening. Just dragging the story completely nowhere and my nerves everywhere.I was so annoyed. I wanted to break something.
I really disliked that Zan decided do call her "L". SERIOUSLY??? Why not sticking with "Charlotte"? NO - "L" for "Love" mind you, NOT for "Loser"!
From no chemistry at all to scorching interactions..hmm..seemed to me quite far fetched (Lottie supposedly hated him and Zan was rendered mute around her). BUT when he sta
Meli Videla
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Confieso que cuando leí la sinopsis, lo primero que pensé fue: "Demasiado drama. Qué raro Chelsea", pero, de todas formas, estaba en mis planes darle una oportunidad ya que se trataba de esta autora, y por lo mucho que había amado "My Favorite Mistake".

Debo decir que no me arrepiento. Es un libro hermoso, donde el drama es sólo el sustento de una preciosa historia de amor, no el centro de todo.

Jamás pensé que alguien pudiera superar a Hunter Zuccadelli, pero lo cierto es que Zan Parker se ganó
Courage
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
As of January 6th: Average rating: 1.33

How is this even possible?! This book hasn't been released yet!
~Mindy Lynn~
free 10-23-15
Whitley Birks
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, new-adult
See this review and more at Whitley Reads

A galley copy was provided free by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is the kind of book that’s hard for me to review, because about 95% of it was just average. Not bad. Not bad at all. But nothing to make me swoon, either, so the 5% of the book that was bad stuck and I had nothing giddy to counter it with.

The characters were all good, and we had a nice variety in the cast. They each had room to let their own little quirks shine, and the
Katie
Jun 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
Let me just start off by saying that I’m extremely glad I got this book for free on Kindle and didn’t waste my money on it. Deeper We Fall reminded me why I don’t read self-published books. There were so many things I absolutely hated about Deeper We Fall. I’m honestly amazed I even finished it and I’m kind of kicking myself for wasting so much time with it.

Pros:

The only good thing this book had going for it was the beginning. It started off strong, I’ll give it that. I wanted to know more about
nick
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Deeper We Fall was a book I stepped into with worry. I had an inkling of what might happen in the book just from reading the synopsis and I wasn't sure how I would deal with it all. In the end, I wound up really enjoying this book despite some tiny issues I had with it.

Lottie was a character that I liked, but never connected with it. She was suffering from the guilt of leaving behind her best friend in the hands of a jock who was drunk. Now, her best friend has had a brain injury does not rememb
YA Buddy Readers'...: Deeper We Fall by Chelsea M. Cameron--> Starts July 10 45 29 Jul 12, 2013 03:16PM
Deeper We Fall Teasers! 3 88 Nov 29, 2012 07:12PM
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Love and Skate (Love and Skate, #1)
  • Second Rate Chances
  • Everything Changes
  • Depths (Silver Strand, #2)
  • All the Right Moves
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Work of Art (Work of Art, #1)
  • Full Count
  • Perfectly Unmatched (Youngblood, #2)
  • By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)
  • The Truths about Dating and Mating (Riordan College, #1)
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Finding Never (Tasting Never, #2)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Subject to Change (Picturing Perfect, #2)
  • You Got Me
Chelsea M. Cameron is a New York Times/USA Today/Internationally Best Selling author from Maine who now lives and works in Boston. She's a red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader, and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, getting brunch with her partner, tweeting, and playing fetch with her cat, Sassenach. She has a ...more

Fall and Rise (5 books)
  • Faster We Burn (Fall and Rise, #2)
  • Slowly We Trust (Fall and Rise, #3)
  • Together We Heal (Fall and Rise, #4)
  • Harder We Break (Fall and Rise, #5)
“No sense in worrying about the past. It's not going to worry about you.” 37 likes
“I can't take anything you don't give me. Stop giving me power over your life.” 34 likes