Start by marking “Thank You for Riding” as Want to Read:

(Strangers on a Train)

The last train of the night might just be the start of something good.

A Strangers on a Train Story

Stung ego or not, Caitlin’s relieved her fizzling relationship is over, even if she’s just been unceremoniously dumped between the copier and a dead ficus tree. At least she has an excuse to ditch the lousy office Christmas party in time to catch the last subway home…to her ca
Published April 2nd 2013 by Samhain

To ask other readers questions about Thank You for Riding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You for Riding

Jill
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it

Caitlin, an account manager for a financial firm first meets Mark, a youth centre worker at the Red Cross, both giving platelets donations. After being dumped by her boyfriend at the office Christmas party, Caitlin rides the train home, meeting up again with Mark. But when they get off the train they find themselves locked in the subway station overnight.

This is just an incredibly sweet (not sickly) story that had me smiling at their playful dialogue from the time they meet at the Red Cross. M
Regina
Thank You For Riding is a short story written by author Meg Maguire. Meg Maguire writes smart and sexy romance under the same name and also writes smart sexy erotica under the name of Cara McKenna. An up front admission – I am a fan of Cara McKenna’s writing, regardless of what name she is writing under. I recently went on a “hunt” and bought several of her books simply because I was beyond excited to have her backlist just waiting for me on my e-reader (I am reading Trespass by Meg Maguire righ ...more
Wendy
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a light and fun read, look no further because this is it. This is witty, charming and it will have you cracking up in no time. Enjoy!
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This is the most adorable novella ever. Oh the cuteness! While giving blood, Caitlin notices a very cute guy come in. He is a big, built guy, wearing paint-splattered jeans and is scared to watch the needle go in. He wears reading glasses and they kind of do an awkward flirting dance with their eyes as they both give blood. Caitlin feels slightly bad about this, as she has been seeing someone for a few months, so she leaves without making eye contact.

Soon afterwards, Caitlin decides to go all ou
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Cara McKenna can knock a novella into the park. With a Christmassy feel, this was unexpected wonderfulness and the heat was perfect.
Hollis
What a fun, sexy, little gem this freebie was. While I thought the heroine's tendency to get a little ahead of herself in her head a bit much, and maybe it's a tad unrealistic to think their initial conversation on public transit would have them sharing so much life history, overall I really loved this holiday novella. It's a crazy bit of circumstance (locked in a subway station overnight, no ability to reach the outside world) but in an attempt to keep from freezing there is real heat and sweet ...more
Ellie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was so lovely, all the gorgeous writing of Cara McKenna in a bite-size form
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

THANK YOU FOR RIDING is my first Meg Maguire book, however I am a big fan of this author’s other work as Cara McKenna. Right off the bat, I noticed the differences in voice and writing style. Maguire’s writing is a little more upbeat and charming, with that little spice. It’s the perfect voice for a sweet story like this one.

These two lovebirds, Caitlin and Mark first meet at the Red Cross where they are both donating blood. Not your usual place you’d think for a romantic meet up, but I though
...
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, without a doubt, my favorite in the entire series. I love, love, love Maguire's writing. She has this amazing knack of bringing characters to life that make them seem real and approachable and relatable. I loved how Mark and Caitlin met. Their interaction had me grinning from ear to ear. As did all subsequent interactions. Seriously. Meg has a wonderful, magical way of making me cheese like a fool when I read any of her writing.

The only thing I didn't like? Well, my e-book said I was
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Fun, hot and amazing read.

This and other reviews can also be found on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

Caitlin has big hopes for her company’s holiday party she wants to spend some quality time with her boyfriend, and has even bought him an expensive present. In Thank you for Riding, however, things do not go according to Caitlin’s plans.
Jill Sorenson
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I found this charming and irritating in equal doses. The heroine kept referring to her womanly area and lady zone (or similar terms), which seemed like a joke but I wasn't sure. She considers herself flawed because 1. she got dumped 2. has a cat 3. eats shredded cheese out of a bag sometimes. Pfft. The hero struck me as a paragon with no flaws whatsoever. And yet I smiled throughout the story, enjoying the ride anyway.
Louise
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I want more!!! ahh it sucks when you love a short story *sigh*
This book is amazing, the main characters are real people! like real everyday living human beings.
Forget the Billionaires, Bikers and Rock-stars for a while and delve in the story that this Author made.
its hilarious, sexy and something to relate too. I want my Mr. Cute too hehehe♥♥♥
Angela
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
LOVED the banter between the hero and heroine. Fun, cute, and flirty. Heroine's thoughts took the relationship WAY further than I expected though - especially that early in their meeting (ie., they'd just said a few sentences to each other). I wanted more at the end. More, more, more. I was actually surprised it ended when it did. This is really just the meet cute.
Maqluba
Funny heroine. I wish it were longer and we go to see the hero's POV but the heroine was entertaining enough for me to stick it out for this short length so it worked.

Gotta find more from this author...
J
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very short read, but really delightful. Maybe 5 stars are too much, but 4 stars are not enough! I fell in love with the characters caught overnight in the freezing train station and now would love to know more as their relationship develops.
Candace
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Was sad when it ended.
Talltree
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Sweet novella with a HFN; 3.5 stars.
Sometime
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sexy little novella. Yes, it's insta. But Cara McKenna has such a way with writing that a mere kiss can be sexier and more intimate than most authors manage in an erotic sex scene.
Viktoria
My christmas tag is really not HR approved, but this was original, cozy and real nice. I laughed out loud on multiple occasions. Short, heartwarming meet cute in a way, that should be weird but works out real well.
Sonja
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet short story. Really enjoyed the characters and the context! Satisfying read right to the end without the ubiquitous epiloguing! Caitlyn was funny and realistic and Mark was smokin' hot and super sweet. Great story! Could have finished faster if life didn't get in the way!
Aislinn
Loved it! Sweet, funny, and sexy.
Liz F
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Sara at www.HarlequinJunkie.com! :D

Review copy courtesy of the publisher.

Thank You for Riding by Meg Maguire rounded out my Strangers on a Train series. Although I had a couple of minor issues with this novella, I still really enjoyed it!

Caitlin is a thoroughly modern woman, in every sense of the word. Especially in the Sexy Time sense. She knows what she wants/needs and she's planning on gettin' it! LOL! Caitlin works in finance and apparently, the finance world is SUPER busy towar
FV Angela
Review originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-thank-...

The first time Caitlin met Mark they were both sitting in the Red Cross donating platelets. They share a brief flirtation from across the room, mouthing words to each other, sharing a laugh and admiring the other’s ability to squeeze their stress balls. Caitlin leaves without finding out her handsome stranger’s name. She’s an overworked account manager at a financial firm, with a boyfriend she never sees and nothing but a cat to
Caitlin has been crazy busy at work for the last couple of months, putting in 70 hour weeks that left her exhausted and with very little time or energy to socialise. She is looking forward to taking a break over the holidays and is hoping to reconnect with her boyfriend who she has hardly seen even though they work in the same office. It comes as quite a shock when he dumps her at the Christmas party but if she's honest she can't really find it in herself to be all that upset about losing him, s ...more
Anamarija
Only flaw in this story is...that it is short! 4.5 ☆☆☆☆
I gave it -0.5 ☆ because it could really be longer, has potential, I need a sequel! Meg Maguire, please write more Mark and Caitlin! And winter stories!

It's cute, hot and congenial! I was a bit surprised how author managed to fit in so much in few chapters, but really, just as the story got better and better, it ENDED! :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 Stars

I’ll admit I don’t have a lot of experience with mass transit trains but after reading Thank You For Riding, I will always look at them in a different way. However, I’m not so sure I could ever go as far as Caitlin and Mark do in the terminal but….who knows?

Caitlin and Mark exchange looks and a little non verbal flirting while donating platelets at the Red Cross. As Caitlin is involved with someone she blows it off but has a hard time
MaggieReadsRom
I've read and loved Meg Maguire's books before and was looking forward to her contribution to the Strangers on a Train Collection. I enjoyed this story but somehow I couldn't connect with Caitlin and her sense of humor. Her internal dialogue just didn't work for me.

I also missed Mark's POV. I'm not overly hero-oriented but I do like to read other POVs as one single POV always makes me feel like I'm reading a first person narrative poured into third person one. And that's how this book felt to m
Jaime Arkin
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Caitlin donates platelets in order to get away from her overly demanding job... no phones allowed, no email and no stress for just a few hours ever couple of weeks.

She never expects to flirt with the donor across the aisle, especially because she has a boyfriend as hit and miss as their relationship might be. She doesn't look back as she grabs a snack and leaves.

Fast forward to the dreaded company holiday party where she's unceremoniously dumped. Taking the train home she's spotted by none oth
Beate
Mar 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, erotica
Meg Maguire being Cara McKenna's alter ego, I decided to start off with this one in the Strangers On A Train series. This isn't all that erotic as I'd thought it would be. I'm used to some serious smut from Cara, so this was a bit tame in comparison.

It was a cute story. Girl gets dumped by a boy she never really liked to begin with, girl meets cute boy while donating blood, girl meets cute boy again on the train. They flirt, get stuck at the station overnight. Steamy hot fun times take place, an
« previous 1 3 next »

• Big Boy
  • Ticket Home
  • Her Best Laid Plans
  • The Story Guy
  • Risk & Reward (Bedroom Games, #2)
  • Run to You
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • Breath on Embers
Since she began writing in 2008, Meg Maguire has published nearly forty romances and erotic novels with a variety of publishers, sometimes under the pen names Cara McKenna and C.M. McKenna. Her stories have been acclaimed for their smart, modern voice and defiance of convention. She was a 2015 RITA Award finalist, a 2014 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award winner, a 2012 and 2011 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award ...more

Strangers on a Train (5 books)
  • Ticket Home
  • Big Boy
  • Back on Track
  • Tight Quarters
“Here.” He spread his legs wider and patted the floor between them. “You’ll be warmer, and I promise I won’t grope you or anything.”

Yes, because getting groped by a handsome, charming man hours after getting dumped by a workaholic iceberg was such a repulsive notion.”
0 likes
“Women can’t resist a man with strong squeezing hands. Tells us you must be great at, oh, I don’t know…making juice. Opening jars. Crushing beer cans.” 0 likes