Start by marking “Elder (Firstborn Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Elder (Firstborn Trilogy, #3)

Elder

(Firstborn Trilogy #3)

Clara Kate is one of the eight beings needed to activate the Elder Scroll, an ancient artifact causing tragedy and darkness on the Estilorian plane. She knows that her focus needs to be on finding the final piece and stopping the evil Mercesti, but Ini-herit isn't making it easy.

He’s working closely with Clara Kate on the quest to stop their enemies…too close for her comf
Published December 27th 2012 by Iambe Books (first published December 25th 2012)

Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
MY REVIEW

I was very excited to have a chance to read and review this book. I have been a major fan of Ms. Thomas ever since the beginning books of the Daughters of Saraqael series. So how exciting to have the opportunity to read the last book in the FirstBorn Trilogy!

This book follows the young woman Clara Kate and her journey to stop evil Mercesti, by finding the final piece of the Elder Scroll and to help activate it along with the other seven beings that are destined to activate it. But thi
Henrietta
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved Elder.

As the last installment in the Firstborn trilogy, I expected the story to be filled with action and intense plots. Not only did Raine Thomas deliver, she also came up with surprises that warmed my heart and brought me joy. :)

As shared in the synopsis, this book focuses on Clara Kate, the eldest daughter of Gabriel and Amber (see Becoming, book one of the Daughter of Saraqael series). With an Estilorian father and a semi-Estilorian/ semi-human mother, Clara Kate, like her siblings a
Bethany Lopez
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sad day... I've finished reading Elder, book three in the Firstborn Trilogy, and it was Amazing. That's not what makes me sad. It's fact that after six books of getting to know the Estilorians, this is the conclusion of their stories. I have come to love the characters and understand their world, and I'm really going to miss it/
Especially... ZACHARIAH!!!
Raine Thomas did a wonderful job building a world and characters that were vivid and distinct.
Elder was the perfect ending to a
Shawanda
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am really sad to see this series end, but Raine Thomas did what she knows how to do best give the readers exactly what I other want and that is an awesome story with love, adventure and characters that you relate to. I honest don't know what to say because it was an amazing book and it wrapped it all up tight with a big bow. I am so glad I discovered this author because she has been added to my list of authors that I plan to read every single one of their books.
Keira
Aug 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This was a reread for me. A very satisfactory and heart-warming ending, but I do so which we got to experience more of the relationships. I enjoyed that Raine Thomas took more time in building the relationships of all of the characters in this trilogy than she did in the first half of the series (The Daughters of Saraqael trilogy).
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I LOVED IT!!!!! I really did...I was happy and giddy and just in a good place when I finished this last installment of the Firstborn Trilogy. There was a lot of action, suspense, and romance. I was hooked from beginning to end.

For this review, please keep two things in mind: (1) I would say more but I do not want to spoil anything. And (2) I may gush quite a bit because I thought this book was fantastic. It was extremely well-written, entertaining, and engrossing.

Clara Ka
Jen
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own, reviewed
My Review:

Elder which is the 3rd book in the Firstborn trilogy - definitely delivers everything that you would expect as the final installment of the Firstborn series. It is full of suspense, action, and romance. Because you can't have a Raine Thomas book without an epic romance. It would be like a fish out of water. This author definitely has a talent for writing unique romances in each of her books, that really, always take the reader on a special journey because of how complex they are and be
Emily Elizabeth
As seen on Ed and Em's Reviews!

Elder is the third and final installment in the Firstborn trilogy, so this review may have some spoilers for the first two books. You have been warned.

Elder is supposed to be the story of Clara Kate and In-herit, but written in multiple perspectives, it felt more like a finale for all of the characters. There isn't a whole lot that can be said about the plot that won't give away some aspect of the book. We begin almost immediately after book two, Shift, left off. A
Ashley Byland
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I got to see the cover for the final book in the Firstborn Trilogy, and even more excited when I was able to get a copy before it came out to read. Man oh man, I do love this series!! One this I love a lot is that these covers are amazing, and ever though each story is focused on one main firstborn daughter, the story isn't just simply focused on them. It is about the whole situation, with just a little but more emphasis on each different girl, depending on the story.

Elder
Michelle
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is such a great trilogy. I loved so many of the characters in it. I really enjoyed the first book and the second book and the third book was just as wonderful. The world that Raine Thomas has created is truly epic. I am going to read the prequel trilogy next, but you don't have to read that one first to understand the firstborn trilogy. In my last review, I mentioned that I thought the index would be better in the front of the book instead of the back of the book and for Elder Raine put an ...more
Lisa
Before I even began this book I knew I would find it emotional not for the story alone but because it is the last in the series. I began the journey a while ago with Becoming the first in the daughters of saraqael series followed by Central and Foretold when Raine announced she was writing the Firstborn series a follow up to the daughters of saraqael, I was over the moon and wasn't disappointed.
I loved both Defy and Shift. I feel like the characters have become a part of my life and I have been
BookHookup
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As usual, I was nervous about reading the final book in a series that I have greatly enjoyed. But, I need not have been. Once again, the author weaves in adventure, twists and turns and romance…all the elements I was hoping for. This book is a very good ending to a series that captured my attention from the very beginning.

The characters I’ve come to love from this series are all present in this installment and their stories continue to be intertwined as they search for the last piece of the Elde
Ana
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Elder is the conclusion to the First Born Series. I am so sad to see it go because I got to read along with all the characters of a world where good was fighting evil trying to regain and restore the peace of the world they lived in. You got to see characters grow and see them develop along the way. You got to see raw pain and healing and you got to see love bloom and love die only to be restored again. I don't think I have ever seen a series that has ripped my heart out and put it back together ...more
Debbie I Heart YA Books
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours-books
Elder is the last installment of the Firstborn Trilogy. Raine Thomas has a wonderful gift with the way she writes a story and awesome world building. Thomas always gives readers an amazing storyline filled with beautiful, heart-throbbing romance, action, and intriguing adventure. I have enjoyed the Firstborn series so much. This last novel is about Clara Kate and Harry (Ini-herit); their story of romance and finding the mystery of the Elder Scroll of the Estilorians people.

Clare Kate and Harry (
Madeline C
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I love this book series! its is so good. it takes you to a new world. it was to read this because it is the end of this trilogy. i really hope that raine writes more about the estilorian world.
more on this book now. it focussed more on clara kate and ini-herit. i have been dying to know more about there relationship. and boy is it GOOD! ini-herit and clara kate were "together" on the human plane, but ini-herit doesnt remember. clara kate know has to deal with her love for him that he know long
Step Into Fiction
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ashley

Read f
Melly
Oh my goodness! I loved, loved, loved Elder! I can’t wipe the silly grin off of my face. The Estilorians are embedded deep in my heart. I have loved every minute of this journey with them, in both trilogies. I put off reading this last book because I just wasn’t ready to let them go. The ending made me cry.

Raine, I’m so proud of you. Thank you for inviting me into your imagination. Your characters will always be real to me. I’ve laughed with them, cried with them, been scared for them and falle
Trissa White
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It had several spots in the end that had me near tears, but they were tears of happiness or tears of pride. I definitely recommend reading these books in order. (daughters of saraqael and then this trilogy) I would have missed so much If I read this one first. There are so many interesting characters and I enjoyed getting to know each of them. They each have unique personalities and I've loved all of their stories. The world created for these characters is truly original. The ...more
Lisa Poe
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-series
I thought I liked Tate, but Clara Kate is just amazing! Her strength is incredible and her story with Inherit is amazing. I love that all of the characters love stories have a lot in common with their parents stories. Harry's and Clara's isn't any different. The finale is great! You won't be disappointed!
Amos
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great juvenile fantasy romance

I'd like to read my granddaughters and daughter think of this Trilogy. Just bought the prequel trilogy. Love the larger fonts available with the kindle fire HD
Want the Kate and Saraquile story.
Aubrey
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Why does this series have to end!?!?!?!?!?! I love it too much!
Aydrea
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really good, nice ending! Poor C.K. For most of the book. Overall really liked the trilogy
Ely
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all 6 books beginning with Daughters of Saraquel... kinda sad to finish it but at the same time I really enjoyed and happy the way things wrapped up... even though I'm hoping there will be more stories in the Estilorian plane. I love the world that the author created and so eager to go back and be transported again to see old friends.

I immensely enjoyed these books, so much so that I rank it even higher than Twilight on my list --- and I've read Twilight series twice, listened to the audiob
Nancie
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly a great saga!

I read the first trilogy and I've just finished the second. What a world this author came up with! The women are strong and the men are even stronger. The details about each character are so well presented you can see them in your mind as you read. Their strengths, their fears, the love of family, and the adventure all combine for a fabulous reading experience!
Meghan
Jan 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Way too much bad guy pov. Who cares!!! It could have edited all that pov and gave more time to the omportant characters. But other than that it was well edited and the plot was smooth. Everything ends up a little matchy matchy for my taste, but what can u do? I think the first was the best in serious and then the other two just sealed up any loose ends and continued the story. There were no surprises. None.
Rusty
Aug 27, 2013 marked it as to-read
I was so afraid that the final book would leave me upset or disappointed in some way-but as usual,Raine handled our last Estilorian experience with care an expertise.
What a wonderful and touching way to end this series!
We will all miss our Supernatural friends.
Rebekka Lange
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best book out of the whole series. Some things were happily predictable and others very surprising! This book was a pleasure to read. I enjoyed all the twists and turns and the relationships formed. Plus the ending! I couldn't of imagined a better ending!
Kelly
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Please tell me that we are going to visit the Estilorians again??!!! There is still so much story that can go on. I have loved reading these books, they are very different, but good. I just hope that we get to see more of everyone.
Debbie
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really incredible, awesome and a must read. Ms. Thomas is in my opinion one of the best authors out there and I am a huge fan. There is nothing about this book that I didn't like. Action, suspense, romance, intreague and fun. Get it now

• Enemy Within (Vampire Born, #2)
  • Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)
  • The Modified (The Biotics Trilogy, #1)
  • Shudder (Stitch Trilogy, #2)
  • Eternal Hope (Hope, #2)
  • Fire Stones (Fire Wars, #2)
  • Obsidian (Ember, #2)
  • Interred (Chronicles of the Interred, #1)
  • Under the Desert Moon
  • Sassy in Diapers (Sassy Mates, #4.3)
  • Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2)
  • Need (Want, #2)
  • The Grey God (War of Gods, #4)
  • Vendetta (The Guardians, #2)
  • Suddenly You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #4)
  • Reaction (Reflection, #2)
  • Swift (Swift, #1)
  • The Muse (Dark Art Mystery, #1)
Raine Thomas is the award-winning author of bestselling Young Adult and New Adult fiction. Known for character-driven stories that inspire the imagination, Raine recently signed with multiple award-winning producer Chase Chenowith of Back Fence Productions to bring her popular Daughters of Saraqael trilogy to the big screen. She's a proud indie author who is living the dream.

Raine is a hopeless ro

Firstborn Trilogy (3 books)
  • Defy (Firstborn Trilogy, #1)
  • Shift (Firstborn Trilogy, #2)