Start by marking “Realand (The Portal Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Realand (The Portal Series #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Realand (The Portal Series #1)

Join Max and Laura on their first adventure in The Portal Series as they discover what rainbow corices are capable of and run into a bit of bother with a gang of albino slugs…just an average day in Realand.
Published November 5th 2012 by Sunnyside Press (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Realand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Realand

Joanne D'Arcy
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it

Being slightly older than the intended audience of this book, I have probably approached it in a different manner to your average 7 year old. However, I was immediately drawn back to a childhood where imagination runs wild and the impossible is in fact possible.

Opening with Craig meeting a rather well known but mysterious figure, he is given a toy which he has to give to Max and Laura, who live down his street. The only dilemma; Max and Laura have yet to be born.

Years later, the toy has now it
Justine
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This is a great start to the Portal series by Dee Kirkby. It is a short chapter book that would be great for any kid or reader alike. It's filled with magic and whimsy but also has positive messages for the reader. This book definitely gets your imagination flowing easily, because the writers descriptions are so detailed.
I can't wait to read more books in the series and learn more about Max and Laura. I also want to hear
Book-shelf Shelf
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this in between dropping daughters to and from work and i have to say i cant wait to read it to the kids. Kids if all ages will love this book as it is full of lessons to be learned as well as magical places. Each chapter takes you on a mini journey within a complete story so you can jump in and out at bed time without a child moaning to finish the book.

Brilliant introduction to the series with this book, although i would like to know what happened to Craig :)
Danni
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. From Craig meeting someone special to Max and Laura having adventures with Oscar, I was desperate to know what comes next and now I'm going to have to wait impatiently for the sequel.

It's quite a short book with simple language, perfect for the targeted age range (7+). The story is exciting, a little scary but not too much, and the descriptions made it very easy to picture being inside. I enjoyed it as an adult and I'm planning on getting it for my daughter for Christmas.
Karen Ebdon
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this to my Grandaughter who at 5 is younger than the target audience however she loved it and became enthralled with the story line. The illustrations that accompanied the story really captured the characters that the author had created. Can't wait for the sequel to find out what happens next.
Heike
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a surprise for my son. We loved it! Can't wait to see more, and what happens next (P.S. my son, who is 10 and has been fully reading since he was 7, LOVED the pictures that went with the story).
Beth