Start by marking “Time Trap” as Want to Read:
Time Trap

Time Trap

(Time Trap #1)

ABE LINCOLN IN AFRICA?

He was seen - and photographed - in a Tunisian bazaar. And an ancient Spanish galleon, fully crewed with ancient Spaniard, was taken in tow off Tampa by the Coast Guard...and a few luckless people found themselves living the same day over and over and over...

Something was badly wrong with Time - but Roger Tyson didn't know it until he met the lovely
Mass Market Paperback, 143 pages
Published August 1970 by Berkeley (first published January 1st 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Time Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Trap

Start your review of Time Trap
Craig
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though best remembered for his Bolo military and Retief diplomatic sf novels, Laumer also produced some amusing adventure novels, such as this one with a time travel theme. He had a nice knack for writing amusing dialog with silly-sounding pseudo-scientific nonsense phrases, such as varpilators that need to be adjusted, transfrication rods that must be realigned, and registering on gamitron detectors. Time Trap perks along swiftly and manipulates two superior orders of dimensionality while ...more
Richard
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s a fun, crazy romp through time and space!
Rick Smith
wasn't bad to short though
tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE
Jun 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: sf
review of
Keith Laumer's Time Trap
by tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE - June 16, 2013

Keith Laumer's yet-another of those SF authors I seem to've vaguely avoided reading for decades- perhaps subconsciously slotting him in some sort of category like: cheesy pulp. BUT, now that I've read him, I'm once-again reminded that 'pulp' writers are usually very much to my liking regardless of whether they're 'cheesy' or not.

I think of my recently deceased pal "Blaster" Al Ackerman. He was extremely impressed
John
Jul 02, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Woodge
Nov 13, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf
I've read this one before -- 29 years ago. But I was feeling nostalgic for some of the stories I'd read as a teen and I tracked this one down and decided to re-read it for kicks. It's a sf book in a light-hearted vein with a bumbling anti-hero named Roger Tyson who gets caught up a time warp. He meets a comely agent from the the future named Q'nell and the pair of them are pursued by the mysterious Oob the Rhox through a series of time portals. They try to figure out how to repair the damage ...more
Marianne
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Pulp sci-fi enthusiasts
Shelves: sci-fi, gone, pulp
A comic pulp sci-fi novel, with it's moments of humor and interest. With time shattered, and only the common man, stuck on the side of the road with a broken down car, tasked to fix it. Easy to read, but not one to save and read again.
Just Jane
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favourite science fiction stories, told with humour, of all time. A bit sexist now, I borrowed this from the library in Moncton over and over again when I was a teen. I was elated to find a used paperback copy if it at a book sale and have enjoyed it again, since!!
Andrew Savinykh
Mildly entertaining, but I've read a lot of books, that I liked more. Easy reading, recommend if you are into scifi and just want to relax.
Μιχάλης
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Mediocre comic SF that simply lacks the wit to make it rememberable. It has its good moments, but overall it is too filled with cheap gags to work as a cohessive piece of fiction
John
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
1981 grade B
Daniel
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Light romp that started off interesting and then just got silly. A quick diversion but not one of Laumer's must-reads.
Paul Ledbury
Apr 24, 2014
Hilary H.
Feb 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Sci-Fi - Bubbles of Repeating Time - Humor [s] 3 46 Jun 04, 2009 09:29AM

• The Murder Machine
  • The Day of the Boomer Dukes
  • Collision with Chronos
  • The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself
  • Write If You Get Work: The Best of Bob & Ray
  • Los hijos de nuestros hijos
  • Darwin's Blind Spot: The Role of Living Interactions in Evolution
  • Vampire Junction
  • World Without End (Kingsbridge, #2)
  • Destroyer of Planets (Neon Octopus Overlord #1)
  • The Song of a Dark Angel (Hugh Corbett, #8)
John Keith Laumer was an American science fiction author. Prior to becoming a full-time writer, he was an officer in the U.S. Air Force and a U.S. diplomat. His brother March Laumer was also a writer, known for his adult reinterpretations of the Land of Oz (also mentioned in Keith's The Other Side of Time).

Keith Laumer (aka J.K Laumer, J. Keith Laumer) is best known for his Bolo stories and his

Time Trap (2 books)