Start by marking “Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)” as Want to Read:
Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)

Not Quite Mine

(Not Quite #2)

From New York Times, USA Today, and WSJ bestselling author Catherine Bybee comes the second novel in the delicious Not Quite series.
Gorgeous hotel heiress Katelyn “Katie” Morrison seems to have it all. But when she crosses paths with Dean Prescott—the only man she’s ever loved—at her brother’s wedding, Katie realizes there’s a gaping hole in her life. After the ceremony s
Published May 7th 2013 by Montlake Romance (first published May 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Quite Mine

Start your review of Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
Jane Stewart
I was shaking my head no, too much. Character motivations did not interest me.

I felt like I was reading about high school girls keeping secrets for silly reasons and then having all kinds of drama and stress because someone might discover the secret.

Katie was “secretly” dating Dean, became pregnant, had a miscarriage, and learned she would not be able to carry a pregnancy in the future. She “assumes” that Dean will want his own biological children, so she breaks up with h
Lisa Kay

★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) This is the second time I’ve heard Amy McFadden narrate, and she does a nice job here. She has some nice inflections, as well as her differentiation. I wasn’t wild over Dean Prescott’s Texas accent, but I wasn’t put off by it, either. There is something uplifting about her voice. Like the first two, I hope she finishes off the series.

I don't know why I like this series so much. I guess the word I think of is “pleasant,” when I think of it. Again, nothing new h
Cyndi
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good romance. I liked the characters and the story. Didn’t bowl me over, but I liked it.
Our heroine has run into her ex at her brother’s wedding. Tough enough, but then she finds a baby on her doorstep that night.
Meanwhile our hero is still in love with her. After seeing her at the wedding he wants to find a way back into her life.
This might prove difficult because he got over their breakup by proposing to another girl. The girl called off the wedding because she knew he was still in love
Momma
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, where do I start? While I loved Jack & Jessie in book 1, Dean (oh Dean.. yum) and Katie really touched my hearts in book 2. It could have been the construction site scenes with Katie running around in high heels and stealing Dean's hard hat ( I don't know about you but when I'm picturing construction scenes- the guys are all super buff and most likely shirtless.. lol) or maybe the baby dropped on Katie's doorstep. As an adoptive mom, I remember those fears and worries that Katie had as s ...more
Debby "Piene Raven"
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: authors-a-b
**Audiobook Review** This is the second book in the series by Ms. Bybee. For me it was just okay and did not bring the punch that I expected. I thought the first book was very enjoyable. The main characters were just so so and although there were some twists involved, I didn't think it made a big dent and was very predictable. However, the narration by Ms. MacFadden was still on point and nice. Thus, my rating that I am giving this story. Hoping"Not Quite #3) puts it back on track.

Jess
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B

Katie is the wild child who loves spending time with her friends at a club, wearing short skirts and tight tops just because she knows it annoys her dad, and because she likes it. She’s finally starting to take a few things seriously, one of them being decorating her brother’s new hotel that’s in the process of being built by her brother’s best friend Dean and his construction company. She and Dean have a painful past and being in
~ Cariad ~
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 happy stars.
Love this feel good, kinda magical, heart melting series.
Juanita
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audios
An enjoyable story that had a little bit of mystery, love and a baby.
Crista
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 stars!

Not Quite Mine is book 2 in Catherine Bybee’s “Not Quite” series, which began with Not Quite Dating. The setting of Not Quite Mine’s opening chapter is Jack and Jessie’s wedding, and it involves many of the characters that we met in book 1. Although this book can be read as a stand alone, it is heavily linked to certain events that transpired in Not Quite Dating so I would suggest reading them in order.

With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, this book’s re/>Not/>4
Cherise
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katie has been the party girl heiress since her teens. Gracing the covers of tabloid magazines, being seen on the arm of one guy to the next, and giving her dad fits with tight clothes and short skirts. Lately Katie hasn’t been the same. Her big brother just got married and Katie can’t help but feel her happily ever after may never come.

Shortly after her brother’s wedding Katie is left a 2 week old baby outside her penthouse suite. The note attached tells Katie to take care of Savann
Catherine
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dean and Katie's story
Teresa
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I read book one such a long time ago, but when I found myself with another Kindle Unlimited deal, I couldn't pass up going back to the audio of this series. I forgot how much I'd enjoyed the narration for these. It was one of those situations of a book hitting me at the perfect time. I haven't read much contemporary lately, and I found myself craving it a bit and this seemed to hit all the right buttons for me. Especially with the engaging audio. I suspect I'll use my KU to binge my way through ...more
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
This was sweet - even though I figured out what happened right off. The characters were likable and I'm looking forward to continuing with this series. Amy McFadden was great on the audio.
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Like the first book in the series, the story here contains few surprises once you accept the premise. This is actually a better recommendation than it appears on the surface because it means that Katie and her accomplices behave like you'd expect they would with the advent of a stray baby appearing on their doorstep--starting with Katie taking strong steps to ensure that the baby cannot be taken away from her.

Also like the first book, a lot of what makes this story entertaining is th
Alaina
I'm swooning guys.
Forever swooning.

I loved everything about Dean - he was the perfect southern gentleman who had his heart broken by the one women he has ever loved: Katie.

Katie and Dean had a perfect secret relationship, until one day it wasn't perfect anymore. Katie, who is also Jack's sister, had a miscarriage and didn't really know what to do with her life or how to have Dean in it anymore. So of course, she walked away. She was hurt and needed time to heal on her own.
Cocktails and Books
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
This is an erotic romance featuring a brother's best friend and his sister. I will admit I am an absolute sucker for these kinds of stories having grown up with several brothers and crushed on many of their friends. This one is no different. Katie Morrison is a rich girl and former reality TV drama queen. She and Dean, her brother's best friend, begin a passionate secret love affair that ends after a tragedy. They are together again in Jack's, Katie's brother, wedding. I fell in love with both c ...more
LPJ
Feb 21, 2013 rated it liked it
This was all kinds of nonsensical. When the mystery of the baby is solved, you'll be like

wtf?

...not cause it's surprising in any way but just because of how alarmingly ridiculous and detailed the whole idea was.

Overall the characters were flat, and I had a hard time caring much about them. However, I was ultimately entertained during the duration of the book, didn't get bored with it and wasn't put off by the prose.

I'd like to see Monica's story. One caveat to that is when Katie visited a relative in the ho
LaFleurBleue
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really liked the first chapter. I liked how the rich socialite learnt to get back control over her life, how Dean and Katie learnt to trust themselves back again. Dean was indeed a very nice and romantic hero, no alpha caveman but neither a weakling. Katie's reflexes to want to hire a cook, a housekeeper, a full time nanny and so on irritated me, though I appreciated that she managed to curb her tendancies.
However I really had big problems with the baby-left-on-the-doorstep subplot from
Siany
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
Its been a week or so since I finished this, due to being on holiday i hadn't had a chance to write this up until now.

When I read the synposis I was kind of expecting a Susan Elizabeth Phillips type of read and maybe thats why I ended up being disappointed by it but for me the story fell short and I found myself not really caring about the characters.

I didn't feel the chemistry between the 2 main characters, couldn't really get a feel for why they were into each other etc
Elaine
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: catherine-bybee
I loved this book! It is a good strong 4+. Love, love, love Catherine Bybee's writing style. In every book she writes there are some laugh out loud moments! I always look forward to reading her books as soon as they come out.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Not Quite Dating. Jessie and Jack were great characters but I have to say, I think I just might have liked Dean and Katie in this one a little bit more.

Maybe it was their shared past or the already there sparks going into this one that made them so appealing but either way, the chemistry between the two was hot! I loved that they had that shared past. That we not only got their story today, but their story from a few years ago as well. It added mo
Heather
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great offering by Catherine Bybee! Even though we got to know Jack Morrison's sister Katelyn in Not Quite Dating, we get a much deeper look into her new life in Not Quite Mine.

While she used to be a party girl that was splashed across every tabloid and newspaper around, Katie has decided it's time to get a real job and start growing up. Going to work for her brother is the first step in that journey, however part of beginning her new job, is the reality she is going to be in
Meredith Richardson
I loved this book, I've said it before but I'll say it again Catherine Bybee has such a talent for writing love stories that they would make the perfect romantic comedy films! Ever since we were introduced to Katie in the last book I've been dying to see what would happen to her. Bybee teased us in the first book showing us that Katie felt incomplete and was looking for a strong and loving relationship like her brother and Not Quite Mine does not disappoint. I've really fallen in love with the c ...more
TJ
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
*sigh* Another great read by such an enjoyable storyteller!

Katie, the uber rich hotel heiress who has lived a Paris Hiltonish lifestyle, has grown up and is trying to prove she is and can be a responsible and competent woman. Dean is the secret love she once unceremoniously dumped but never got over.

As for Dean, Katie is the love that burned him so deeply, he refuses to get close enough to feel that flame again - even though his heart aches every time she is near.

*double
Emily
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hotel heiress Katelyn “Katie Morrison thought she would never have the chance at motherhood, until a baby arrives on her doorstep. As complicated as the note is explaining that the birth mother wants Katie to have custody of baby Savannah, Katie can’t help but feel obligated to find the mother and make sure this is what she truly wants. Becoming a new mother is hard enough but trying to hide it until she figures out what to do is another, when her one true love of her life is back and the chemis ...more
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katie is Jack sister and a designer. She has always had a things for Dean Jacks bff but they only get together after a party but kept their relationship secret. After having devastating news they break up and struggle to move on. Dean get engaged to another woman and Katie just try's to get through each day.
After jacks wedding Katie goes to her room to end the night when she opens her door thinking it's a family member she finds a tiny baby girl in a carrier.
A letter with the baby says she's c
Lovetoread
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
I found this 2nd book in Catherine Bybee's series, Not Quite, outstanding. This is the story of Katie who you first met as Jack's sister in the novel Not Quite Dating. She has been in love with her brother's friend for years. After a brief and unfortunate affair a couple of years ago she finds herself together again with Dean at Jack's and Jessie's wedding. It is very obvious the chemistry between these two have not diminished. This is the story of Katie and Dean's reawaking of love that never e ...more
Shannon
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm again not sure what I thought about this one..

It was a little predictable for me. I updated my status at about 6% when Savannah was left on Katie's door step and I knew exactly who the father was going to turn out to be. It was obvious..

My issue wasn't the baby left on the door step, I actually loved that. It has been done in movies sure, but not recently done in books, and new is good in my mind.. I guess there wasn't a whole lot of... oomf.. in the one for me.. There was no su
figuranta❤️addicted❤️to❤️books❤️
4.5 Stars

Not Quite Mine is the second book from the series Not Quite of Catherine Bybee and i loved it. Yet again another amazing book from this author.

It's so nice to read a book when you actually feel the chemistry between the characters and the story line to be good as well. I have to admit i was quite disturbed that a mother could give away her child so easily, don't matter the circumstances of the relation you have with the father of your baby.

That's the only reason i rated this/>Not
Catherine Bybee 1 4 Oct 17, 2018 01:53AM

• Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Caught in the Act (The Davenports, #2)
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
  • The Forbidden Alpha (Shifters of Cartwell, #2)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Meant to Be (Anchor Island, #1)
  • Single by Saturday: By Catherine Bybee -- Review
  • Bride by Mistake
  • Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)
  • Three Girls and a Wedding (Three Girls, #2)
  • Let Me Be the One (San Francisco Sullivans, #6; The Sullivans, #6)
  • Days like This (Jackson Falls, #3)
  • In Love Again (Unruly Royals, #3)
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7)
  • It Takes Two (Just Everyday Heroes: Night Shift, #2)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)
  • Again (Delicious #4)
  • Blaze of Winter (Star Harbor, #2)
New York Times Bestselling Author

RONE award Winner 2013
Not Quite Enough

Winner of the More Than Magic Award for Paranormal romance 2011 ...more

Not Quite (6 books)
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
  • Not Quite Crazy (Not Quite, #6)
“Do you want my advice?” Patrick asked.
“God, please.” She had no idea which way to turn. “Wait. Irrational decisions are rarely the right ones. Take a few days to digest this information before you do anything.”
3 likes
“It’s when that fear goes away that you know you’ve found the right person to risk everything for.” 3 likes