Start by marking “A Dragon's Path to Ascension (Dragons Reborn | Uutta Toivoa #2)” as Want to Read:
A Dragon's Path to Ascension (Dragons Reborn | Uutta Toivoa #2)

A Dragon's Path to Ascension

(Dragons Reborn | Uutta Toivoa #2)

Tharia is faced with a harsh choice, a decision all young Toivoan Dragons must make. Destined for Ascension and the vast power that comes with it, they have to decide if they are willing to pay the ultimate price. Tharia had always been reluctant to get blood on her hands. Instead, she chose the life of a recluse, sacrificing power for simplicity and peace.

Once her own lif
Published November 16th 2012 by ThinkSentient Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Dragon's Path to Ascension, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dragon's Path to Ascension

Erin
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy is one of those genres that is difficult for me. Some of my favorite authors belong to this genre, indeed a few of them are thought the very definition of it. As such I rarely find new titles wholly original. Perhaps this is why I found J.C. Harker's A Dragon's Path to Ascension so strikingly. A short piece in a genre of which I am an admittedly harsh judge, I never expected it to be whisked away on the wings of dragon into a world of such intense imagination.

I am not going to go into th
chucklesthescot
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
*I received a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Tharia wants to live a peaceful life but when hunters start coming after her, she must face her destiny and ascend to full dragon power. To do this, she must spill the blood of her kin in a fight to the death.

This was a good fantasy story with a young woman trying to live a quiet life and unwilling to choose violence even if it leads her to her destiny. When her enemies come after her, she no longer has a choice.
Kyra Dune
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a short story about a young woman named Tharia, who is part dragon. It's part of the Dragon's Reborn Series. On the run from hunters after her hide, Tharia makes the choice to Ascend, even though it will mean killing one of her own kind.

I really enjoyed this story. It was exciting to follow Tharia as she fled her pursuers, and the battle between her and Kaima was unique and very well written. This story has some great visuals. If you like dragons and magic and have a little time on hand
K.A. Merikan
Dec 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read, a step into a whole new realm. Very high fantasy with lots of magic and juicy descriptions of the surrounding world. Tharia has a little dragon to accompany her and it's really cute, like a giant flying cat ;)

The story is also strong as a standalone, with a twist at the end that you wouldn't expect in this kind of novella.
John
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book - I just wish it had been longer. I was able to enter completely into the world of J C Harker. The story is well structured and the characters are appealing. Kept me enthralled throughout and I highly recommend.
Michael Flanagan
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A great short story that doesn't skimp on plot or action. An interesting and refreshing take on dragons, that engages the reader and sets the imagination free.
Kelsie Beaudoin (The Bookworm)
Dec 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Short, but not sweet…

I am rather undecided about this book. On one hand I was engaged and it wasn’t predictable. It was unique and surprisingly dark. On the other hand it was only 6 chapters, not long enough to really get into the character or the world. I would have liked more detail and more character development.

It was quite action driven, which would have been fine if there was more substance to the story, but there wasn’t. I gradually pieced together what these Toivoans were: half dragon, h
Sue Holmes
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
* Free copy received from author in exchange for honest review*

Although the story-world building was good, the writing came across heavy handed with long descriptions I was tempted to skim over.

I was pleasantly surprised with the unexpected twist near the end.
JB
Apr 07, 2013
NovaSparkles
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
J.C. Harker's captivating novella, A Dragon's Path to Ascension, is a true fantasy delight. When I came across this novella I was delighted. The characters are engrossing, the mechanics behind the Ascension are well formed and cleverly executed, and any reader will be absorbed into the plot at once.

Tharia is a young Toivoian, part dragon part human. She lives as an outsider, disguising herself among the humans as an outcast druid. Tharia's life is constantly in peril, for her kind is valued for
Jo
Jan 13, 2013
Ellie
Jul 04, 2018
Pavan
Jan 21, 2013
Nathan
rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2015
Olivia
May 26, 2014
Savannah Robinson
Dec 28, 2018
Karen
May 06, 2016
J.C. Harker
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Robert Medak
Dellareece
Jul 15, 2013
Tina
Aug 05, 2013

Dragons Reborn | Uutta Toivoa (3 books)
  • A Dragon Scorned (Dragons Reborn | Uutta Toivoa #1)
  • The Hunt (Dragons Reborn | Uutta Toivoa)