Start by marking “Blood on the Mountain (Mountain, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blood on the Mountain (Mountain, #4)

Blood on the Mountain

(The Mountains #4)

Jake Landon thinks a second ranger season in the Colorado Rockies with Kurt Carlson is close enough to heaven, and a national forest is big enough to be his closet. Pharmacy school—and the luxuries of electricity and running water—can wait, maybe forever, as long as Jake doesn’t have to come out. He doesn’t plan on Kurt’s vision of his future being as narrow and direct as ...more
Published December 14th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blood on the Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood on the Mountain

Vio
I still love this couple so much. The other big draw card is the beautiful setting, its so exquisite and always has me yearning to be right there amongst the green forests. Also my very favourite and best part of the story is the *strip archery* Jake and Kurt indulge in, steamy and very memorable, amongst other things. Taut action, lovely men who are still working hard and dealing with whatever comes their way. More of Jake and Kurt is always a delight in my eyes.
Jenre
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this Mountain series by PD Singer. Whilst this is the fourth novel in the series, you can just as easily read it straight after the first book Fire on the Mountain. The story follows on a year after that first book, or a few months from Snow on the Mountain. Jake and Kurt are back as forest rangers, back in the cabin where they first came together. Things are a bit tense between them though. Jake wants to put off going to Pharmacy school and Kurt wants him to go. Jake wants to stay in the ...more
John Inman
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. I love all the outdoorsy stuff with bears (the real kind) and nature and mosquito bites. The crime part of the story was well told. But it was the two main characters, Jake and Kurt, that really stole my heart. Oh, and the sex was truly hot. Strip archery? Sex against a bale of hay? Oh, to be thirty years younger. The only down side to this book is that now I have to go back and read the first three books in the series that I somehow missed, although I must admit it didn't ...more
Kaje Harper
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, favorites
4.5 stars. This book returns to the MCs from books one and two, again told from Jake's POV. I think this was my favorite of the series so far. I was already attached to these characters, and there were moments of sweetness, moments of pain, love, fear, hope and anger, that felt more deeply-realized in this installment. I was ready to kick Jake a couple of times for being obtuse, but the story as a whole kept me reading along without pause to see how it all turned out. A lot of action, two wonder ...more
Idamus
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 5stars, audio, rereads
*Sigh* I finished before I was ready to let the boys go

Possibly my favourite in the series
Kate
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I may be a little biased here, because I had been waiting for this book to come out like a woman starved. When I'm like that, reading the long-awaited sequel is either a rip-roaring experience, or... a sad, hesitant sigh escapes as I plow through it, knowing that my high expectations have been let down. The former was the case today. This is easily the best book Singer has in the Mountain series.

We meet our favorite couple in a state of playful bliss, but soon learn that there is trouble in par
Morgan  Skye
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Jake and Kurt, back to being rangers again. The story opens with strip archery! The couple is still in love but argues about Jake’s future. First, Kurt wants him to start Pharmacy school in the fall (leaving his summer job early). Second, Kurt wants Jake to come out of the closet so that when the summer is over the two can live in a one-bedroom apartment as a couple.

To complicate matters, there is a situation in the mountain involving bad guys and drugs. As with the other books, someone
Becky Condit
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Blood on the Mountain, I love the characters the most, the way the conversations are those of a couple who know each other, and know how the other one is going to react. I could totally understand the confliction Jake was feeling at the thought of coming out and his future away from Kurt, and Kurt’s determination that Jake would not throw away everything he had worked for was equally understandable.
The secondary characters were just as skilfully drawn and Jake’s mother made me laugh on more
Susan Laine
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. Every individual story has shined in its own way. Jake and Kurt are a match made in heaven. Well, mis-matched like a lot of couples. But their love tries so hard to transcend everyday reality and obstacles that you just have to root for them.

Once again taking on a ranger season in the wilderness, Jake and Kurt can't quite delve into their private love affair when the question of coming out is still unfinished with Jake. But then the two men discover a field of dangerous crop
Lily
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. Overall, a well written book that contains the key ingredients: solid plot, well developed characters, a healthy dose of problematic romance etc. For some reason though, I just could not become emotionally immersed in the story or invested in the protagonists' relationship... This one probably did not suit my mood, but I am quite sure that it will appeal to many.
Erin
It was bittersweet returning to the final book of this series.

Oh wait.. it's not the last book. Sweet.

However, this book packed a punch.

Jake and Kurt definitely had their biggest life scare ever. And it definitely changed their lives forever.

Jake also really had to decide if he enjoyed being in the closet or not.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. Though I still don't like the voice that the narrator uses for Jake. Too feminine for how I imagine Jake to be.
Thomaidha Papa
3.5 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Alright, so once again I’ll have to scream it out loud how much I love Kurt. That character makes everything fine for me. And because I love Kurt so much I spend more than half of the book wanting to slap Jake silly. I mean I knew at some point thing would get better, but till they actually got there I really envisioned ways of killing that little fictional character myself.

Anyway, so Blood on the Mountains c
T.M. Smith
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jake and Kurt are back where it all started pulling another Ranger season in the Rockies, the two twin cots are stacked in the corner and they are still sleeping on the bed they bought and moved into the cabin. The fridge is still hanging by a rope, buried in the cold water that lies at the feet of the log they made love next to for the first time. And sadly, Jake is still hanging more than just clothes in his closet.

When they stumble upon a field of flowers that should not be in the Rockies, al
Deb
Jake and Kurt are one of my favorite M/M pairings. There is just something very real about their love and how they take care of each other, even if their adventures are quite often larger than life. This time around the plot is more plausible even if the bad guys are dumb as rocks.

The relationship drama still revolves around Jake's fear of living openly with Kurt as his boyfriend. In the very first book, we learned that recently graduated Jake had just come out to his college friends and had be
Suze
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won from author via Elisa Rolle
3.5*
A good, enjoyable update on Jake and Kurt, from earlier in the series. The stories can be read standalone but I enjoyed reading about these two again.
I enjoyed the opening strip archery scene - never look at bows again in quite the same light. Liked that Kurt used them as a weapon, even if it had serious implications.
Again, the mountains and rangers work play a fairly big role, and those pesky guys in the truck were always going to cause trouble. I enjoyed the story, though I think disharmon
Tonileg
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Continuing M/M adventures on the mountain with Jake Landon and Kurt Carlson.
They are starting up their second season together, and the last for Jake who is going back to school in the fall. Crazy little hints about something bad happening on the mountain, until we get hit on the side of the head with drugs, death threats and serious injuries.
I liked Fire on the Mountain the best so far, but this story is more of a mystery and the last we see of Jake and Kurt. I did like how they wrapped up their
Jess Candela
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2012
I loved this story but was a little annoyed that 8 Seconds on the Mountain was folded into this story as Chapter 5. It made for an odd sense of already having read this newly-released book already, and left me feeling a bit cheated out of a chapter of the new story I thought I was paying for. Though it says something about the quality of writing that I read it a year and a half ago and recognized and identified it immediately.

I have loved each of the Mountain books, but this just might be the be
Brandilyn
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, read-2015, audible
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

Finn Sterling narrated this first and third person title, and he did a fabulous job. He was easy to listen to and just sucked me right into the story. I can safely say that his narration helped the story come alive for me.

Enid
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was nice to go back to Jake and Kurt. Their relationship takes a definitive step forward, but not before a tumble of steps back and sideways. As always Mr. and Mrs. Chief were awesome... add Jake's mom to that bunch. The story was a roller coaster of emotion, action, fear and courage. Very nice indeed!
Nic
This was a nice return to the story of Jake and Kurt who were the focus of the early books in the series. The good news is that this story returned to the quality of the first book - Jake and Kurt were fabulous, the plot engaging with just the right amount of drama and the ending was excellent.
Annika
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Dee
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still give it a five even though I wanted to slap Jake silly for being so stupid.
Penny
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written tale.
Tyrell Kim
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want more. great read!
Dee Wy
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Nice progression of the relationship - enjoyed it!
Jenny
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely read! I think it's the strongest Jake & Kurt story so far and I greatly enjoyed it. So much, in fact, that I had to finish it in one go.
Elisa Rolle
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2013 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Chutchy
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read all the books in this series.
Violet
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
A unique and well written love story.
Wendy
Feb 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Blood on the Mountain by P.D. Singer 1 12 Dec 13, 2012 10:43PM
  • Conner's Courage (Whispering Pines Ranch, #4)
  • An Isolated Range (Range, #5)
  • Complete Faith (Morning Report, #2)
  • Love Ahead: Expect Delays
  • The Boys and the Bees
  • Mobsters and Miracles
  • Fire Horse (Polo #1)
  • When Memory Fails (Falling #2)
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • First Time, Forever
  • Not As Easy As It Looks
  • The South Side Tour Guide
  • Two Lips, Indifferent Red
  • Bully for You
  • Compromised (Uniformity #1)
  • That One Thing (Alex and Jared - The College Years, #1)
  • Simple Gifts (Cornwall Novellas, #2)
  • Witness
PD Singer lives in Colorado with her slightly bemused husband, one proto-adult, and a deficiency of cats. She's a big believer in research, first-hand if possible, so the reader can be quite certain Pam has skied down a mountain face-first, been stepped on by rodeo horses, acquired a potato burn or two, and will never, ever, write a novel that includes sky-diving.

When not writing, playing her fidd

The Mountains (5 books)
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Snow on the Mountain (Mountain, #2)
  • Fall Down the Mountain (Mountain, #3)
  • Return to the Mountain (Mountain, #5)