Start by marking “Frozen Footprints” as Want to Read:
Frozen Footprints

Frozen Footprints

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  289 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
"Thou shalt not be afraid of the terror of the night."
Eighteen-year-old twins Charlene and Max Perigard have grown up under the wealthy but tyrannical rule of their oil-tycoon grandfather. When Max disappears and a ransom note shows up, Charlene's world is shattered. She desperately tries to persuade her tight-fisted grandfather to pay, but the old man is convinced that M
Published November 13th 2012 by Tumblar House (first published November 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Frozen Footprints, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frozen Footprints

Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-list
Warning: do NOT pick up this book if you have (a) life responsibilities, (b) less than 24 hours to commit to reading it continuously, and/or (c) the inability to walk away from a stirring and compelling storyline. I should have taken my own warning and saved this book for vacation… It should go without saying that I loved this book–I was on the edge of my seat and I caught myself almost praying for the characters (I modified my prayers and prayed for those who may be caught in similar situations ...more
Jon Kidwell
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'll be quite honest here. In the days after receiving the book, it sat on my "to read" pile, and I passed over it several times. I didn't think I would like this book. When I finally opened it up, I didn't feel a whole lot different. I didn't think I would like it. After the first page or two, the feeling hadn't changed. I kept thinking to myself, "if I put this book down, what am I going to read next?"

But somewhere around page four or so, she did it. Therese Heckenkamp grabbed my by the collar
Ellen Gable
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Eighteen-year-old twins Charlene and Max Perigard have grown up under their wealthy but often cruel grandfather. When Max disappears and a ransom note is received, Charlene tries to persuade her grandfather to pay the ransom, but the older man thinks this is another attempt by his grandson to get money from him. Without her grandfather’s help, Charlene tries to find her brother before it’s too late.

Therese Heckenkamp’s second novel is an exciting page turner with non-stop action. It’s a very dif
Laura Pearl
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I first read Therese Heckenkamp’s Catholic suspense novel Frozen Footprints about a year ago. A big fan of Heckenkamp’s work (after reading her debut novel, Past Suspicion), I meant to do a review of Frozen Footprints when I finished it; but I procrastinated just long enough to realize that if I wanted to do the book justice, I would have to re-read it so that I could write about it while the details were still fresh in my mind.

I recently did read Frozen Footprints again--and boy, am I ever glad
Charity
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Therese Heckenkamp's story of a brother and sister who get caught up in a nightmare beyond their control is well-written and evokes powerful emotions from the reader.

As I read, I found myself identifying more and more with the protagonist, a Christian girl who turns to prayer in even the darkest of circumstances. As the characters struggle to escape from their captor, a man who epitomizes evil itself, the difficulties of continuing to believe in God's power to deliver are revealed.

Although there
Cynthia
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a preconceived notion that this YA story would be written to appeal more to females than to males. The author proved me wrong. Her handling of action and suspense should engage teenage boys as well as girls. Dainty girls sensitive to violence in fiction, be forewarned. I like that the protagonist is focused on her twin brother, not a love interest. And the brother is a well-developed character I think guys can connect with. But you needn't worry about profanity in this Catholic Christian n ...more
Therese Heckenkamp
Disclaimer: I'm the author of this book, so I'm adding it to my shelf.
If you want more details about Frozen Footprints, feel free to visit Frozen-Footprints.com. Thank you!
CJ Scurria
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Frozen Footprints is an intriguing thriller made for the teenagers and curious alike. The story, the tension, the wonderful imagery and descriptions make this book hard to put down.

If the prologue doesn't draw you in from the start, nothing you ever read again in life will either.

Charlene Perigard, a rich young woman was used to having a privileged and safe life under her tyrant grandfather, the well-known Mr. Perigard. All of that is taken from her when her twin brother is kid-knapped and, wors
Tannia
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: older teens and adults
Recommended to Tannia by: Reviewer's copy
Frozen Footprints, penned by Therese Heckenkamp, is a page-turner Catholic thriller for teens 16 and older.

After the death of their father, eighteen-year-old twins Max and Charlene Perigard have been living with their stepmother and stepsister under the protection of their tyrannical, oil-tycoon grandfather, Maxwell Goodwyne Perigard I.

Max is totally discontented with his grandfather's demeanor and decides to confront him. After a heated argument, Max disappears. The next day, Mr. Perigard recei
Vincent
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: catholic-fiction
allegorical, youth-oriented, engaging

The Good: great message for teenagers; enjoyable protagonist; plot keeps you guessing

The Bad: no serious plot twist

Frozen Footprints is a novel where teenager Charlene Perigard goes on a search and rescue mission when she discovers her twin brother Max has been kidnapped and held for ransom. Because everyone else thinks that the ransom is actually a hoax, she is completely alone in her search.

Characters:

Charlene is a delightful, adorable protagonist: a ca
Nicole
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: catholic-fiction
I hate to admit it, but the first words out of my mouth upon finishing this book were; "I hate you." I don't of course, but that was a tortuous cliff hanger. Especially for a book that wasn't intended to have a sequel (it's a good thing that it is going to after all.)

I was delighted to see how far Therese Heckencamp's writing has come when compared with Past Suspicion. Granted, I read the 2003 edition of that book, even though the author requested that readers read the re-release version instea
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book my freshman year of high school. 14 years old. There was a warning that teens 16 and up ONLY should read it that my parents and I missed. Uh-oh.

The only thing that seriously freaked me out was the fact that (MAJOR SPOILER! AAH!) was that Abner was a legit Satanist. Legit. Oh my gosh. Can't deal. 14. Freshman in high school. Reads that. (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT OVER)

So, that seriously freaked me out. 14. Sarah was only 14...aah. Other than that, I loved it! Since I love action, the k
Susan Peek
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a Catholic and a lover of suspense novels, there is so much I could say about this riveting book! It's about time someone wrote a thriller with a Catholic twist ... and left out the foul language and "Rated R" scenes which for me spoil so many otherwise excellent books. Thank you, Therese! I'm sure many Christians will appreciate this.

From page one the reader is gripped and never let go of. I was instantly drawn into the story and found it easy to identify with the main character, 18-year-ol
Caitlyn Santi
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book!

The characters were awesome, I especially loved Charlene and Max, their relationship was so cool and reminded me a lot of my relationship with my brother!

This very talented authors writing hooked me on page one and I hated to put the book down from that point on!

The action, suspense and settings of the scenes were portrayed so wonderfully that I felt as though I was watching a movie play out in my head!!!

While reading this book, I found myself experiencing every emotion that
Anne Gooch
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great thriller and at times I felt like I was watching (in my mind) Criminal Minds without the FBI being involved. The book moves a little slow at first but don't give up on it because it doesn't take long for it to grab you and once it does you can't put it down. I ended up reading the last half of the book last night until I finished it around 2 a.m. this morning. I couldn't go to bed until I finished it!

Frozen Footprints is about a rich family and a very controlling grandfather and
Carolyn
Frozen Footprints is a page-turner that kept me up past my bedtime. Despite spending most of the book in mortal peril, Charlene, Max, and Clay are well-rounded characters displaying depth. The evil villain, Abner, is multi-faceted as well. Only Max and Charlene's stone-hearted grandfather is somewhat one-dimensional, his behavior propelling Charlene into danger with his cold indifference.

The ending was PERFECT and in keeping with the novel's emphasis on faith as a sustaining constant that points
Kim
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Very suspenseful.
Kathleen Morris
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story! Action packed and intriguing! The story held my interest the entire time and is a real page turner. I couldn't put it down!
Marcia Suzanne Juday
Captivzting

I could not put this book down. It seemed there was never a break in the story when I could.
Valerie Waters
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Wow. What an intense book!! Soooo horrible!
Um but WORST ending. Ever. EVER!!!
Teri Thompson
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very gripping. Sort of mad at the ending. But it made me want to read the next one.
Brices Mice Christian Book Reviews
This was an interesting read about millionaire twins who were kidnapped by an angry man who hated the twins' grandfather. As much as I love a good suspenseful mystery, this was a bit too much for me. I found it too gruesome and at times hopeless and really wanted to just put the book down, but I kept telling myself it has to have a good ending, but I was disappointed in that, also. I loved the themes of sibling love and religious hope (even though it was a lot of Catholicism), but it just wasn't ...more
Suzi
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
starts out a little slow but is an interesting book. thank you goodreads for this giveaway.
my only objection is the ending-in order to find out the verdict in the trial of one of the characters, you need to read the next book in the series. I enjoy a good series but feel each book needs to stand on its own.
Adrienna
"Frozen Footprints" is a spell-binding, suspense thriller. As I started to read the prologue, I was anxious to find out if Max's kidnapping was a hoax or the real deal. His twin sister, Charlene, believes her brother was truly kidnapped but her grandfather feels differently. He believes his grandson hoaxed the entire thing for frenzy revenge and asking for a ransom, as a jolly joke. However, I still haven't read enough to come to either conclusion but feel someone else has an ulterior motive beh ...more
Stacy Coleman
started out as a good mystery .... I kept reading to get to the end to see if Clay was found guilty or not guilty ... but the end was full of Catholic beliefs ... I did not understand most of it even though I have strong Christain beliefs ... so just did not like the middle and ending of this book .. it went on and on with failed escape attempts. .. the ending is lame !!!
Y.I. Lee
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the cover and title of Frozen Footprints. So applicable to the story. It was the cover that attracted me in the first place. And I was certainly not disappointed.
What a great story! I would have given it ten stars if I could.
It's so refreshing to read an enthralling, gritty thriller, that is free of expletives! and overt sex.
This was a book I couldn't put down.
I really liked Charlene Perigard, the plucky heroin. With all that she's goes through, she stays true to her faith. As I devoured
Jada Ryker
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Christian Suspense Novel for New Adults

Charlene's twin intuition is screaming something is wrong. Belatedly, she checks her cell phone. Tons of missed calls from her brother Max are definitely not the norm. When she tries to call him, a whispery, raspy voice answers her brother's phone.

Charlene is determined to find and rescue her brother.

Therese Heckenkamp's Frozen Footprints is an inspiring Christian suspense novel for new adults. The characters are put in trying situations, and the action mo
LAWonder10
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a riveting, suspenseful novel but had too  much repetitive drama and the ending
was like a slap in the face. No doubt, the author intending on leaving a peaceful religious
flare to the ending, instead left the reader without a conclusion and disappointed.
It was well-written and one truly felt the evil from the sadistic murderer.
It is incredulous for one to believe a grandparent could value money so highly
over the life of a loved one but I suppose it sometimes happens. I cannot
believe tho
Tracy
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The book's blurb has good description of the plot of the book. So, I will skip that part.
This story explored the relationships of two sets of siblings, the kidnappers and the Perigards. I found this to be a fascinating way to compare a more healthy form of love in a relationship and a more domineering way of relating to one another. The plot was fast paced with no writing errors that I can remember. The characters were well defined and likable. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a
Barb
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
18-year-old twins, growing up under the thumb of their wealthy but tyrannical grandfather, find different ways to deal with the situation. Max is all set to run away when he is kidnapped by a disgruntled former employee of his grandfather. Charlene, closely bonded with her brother, seeks to save him when her grandfather refuses and finds herself a hostage as well. Then the kidnapper's brother enters the picture.
This novel will keep readers guessing the whole time.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Devious: A 9th Circle Prequel Short Story
  • Mellington Hall
  • Disappear
  • No Such Thing
  • Killer In The Hills (A Jack Rhodes Mystery)
  • Deadly Eyes
  • Fraidy Hole
  • Gone at Zero Hundred 00:00 (McSwain & Beck #1)
  • Voodoo Daddy (Virgil Jones Mystery, #1)
  • Betrayed
  • Eyes of the Predator: The Pickham County Murders
  • Cedardale Court
  • Righteous Obsession
Therese Heckenkamp is the author of three Christian suspense novels: Past Suspicion, Frozen Footprints, and After the Thaw.

Past Suspicion and Frozen Footprints have both reached #1 Bestseller in various Amazon Kindle categories, including Religious Drama, Religious Mystery, and Inspirational Religious Fiction.

A busy wife and mother of four, Therese fits in writing time whenever she can manage (and
More about Therese Heckenkamp...