Start by marking “High School Hangover” as Want to Read:
High School Hangover

High School Hangover

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  243 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
HIGH SCHOOL HANGOVER-a hilarious Young Adult romance from Stephanie Hale-author of REVENGE OF THE HOMECOMING QUEEN.

Laney Wentworth survived four years of high school unscathed. How hard can one party be?

Laney Wentworth’s graduation should be the best day of her life, but between a classmate mooning the crowd during her valedictorian speech, and her mother forcing her to at
Published November 14th 2012 by Stephanie Hale

To ask other readers questions about High School Hangover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High School Hangover

A. Bookzilla.
Nov 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: clean-read
It's a cute story. I guess the heroine was likable, but Jack is the one that made the book for me even though what he did (view spoiler) was wrong. I suppose he had good intentions.
The elder's antics cracked me up so much, I loved them.

However, I think I would have liked this more if it started with the waking up in that van and then slowly revealed what happened before. Or at least, cut before everything happens so that we wonder, a little
Celeste
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
"I’m about to hyperventilate when I hear honking and see the bus come tearing up the driveway. Two wrinkly butts are pressed against the back windows. My brain can barely process that I’m actually being mooned by a couple of geezers."

I wanted so badly to like this book.

So freaking bad.

But the world was totally against me. The book was totally against me.

Why? Because it honestly felt like parts of it were completely missing. Like paragraphs, pages, lines that were just non-existently there. They
Melannie :)
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

What an adorable book! I can’t even begin to explain how much I love The-Hangover type of books. When I was younger my favorite book of all time was this novel I found on my mom’s forbidden Harlequin box, about a girl that was saving her bff’s butt by getting his fiancé so drunk they ended up in Vegas, married and with no memory. I know, I know, not the kind of read a 12-year-old should have in her hands but I never followed the rules in what books concerned.

So it wasn’t actually th
Amy
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is what would happen if The Hangover and Betty White's show had a baby. Totally awesome, totally cute and perfect.

Laney is a straight-A's brainiac. She dresses like a shlumph, never drinks or parties and is way more concerned with her grades than her social life. Except for Leo, the guy who has been her stiffest competition for top of class for as long as she can remember, and who Laney has a massive crush on. After her mom kicks her out on graduation night (and weekend) to go have som
Nicole
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
If you dislike unbelievable plot lines and twists, skip this one. If you can suspend disbelief sometimes for the sake of laughter, this is a funny little book. Short, fast (rushed, really), and amusing. Reads true to premis. Language and sexual innuendo are mild and mostly from the mouths of some funny senior citizens. Having lived in both Hot Springs, AR, and Memphis, TN, I don't believe that the author has ever been to the hot springs -- they are accessed through baths, not actual springs as d ...more
Selena Lang
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, romance
The premise of this book was good, but the execution of it was not. The main female character was judgemental, obnoxious, looked down on everyone etc. I hated the main character in this book. The hero was great, caring, protective etc. and was a decent guy. Not one thing about the heroine convinced me she was actually lovable - seemed unbelievable that she was supposed to be some kind of genius and was too stupid to see what was going on around her. And I could find no real redeeming qualities i ...more
CK
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I really identified with the main character Laney as spending my time at parties was never my idea of fun due to extreme shyness however I think that is what made Laney's journey so funny! There were of course some serious undertones with Laney being thrown into the back of a moving van unconscious after a bad reaction to an energy drink with the very good lesson that sometimes you can't trust someone just because you know their name, or have a crush on them. Of course things work out in the end ...more
Manny
Apr 08, 2014 rated it liked it
The first two chapters of the books are painful to read. The protagonist (Laney) is established as the stereotypical whiney teenage girl, that constantly feels sorry for herself and has a special snowflake complex. Still hurt by the divorce of her parents, she blames her mother and puts her father on a podest, constantly undermining her mom's achievements. But still it's worth powering through, because the book will take an unexpected turn: It's about how Laney's view of the world and herself ch ...more
Jenna
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
This could have been a great book if the main character would have kept her mouth shut for the whole book. Laney was such a dense whine bitch I wanted to slap and shake her from the beginning till the end off the book. Jack was a real nice guy and had a lot of respect for him for staying with Laney. I would have dumped her ass a long time ago and find a nice girl. The way Laney talked about her dad was like a 12 year old. She was not brave or loyal.
If you want to read a great book you should rea
Hope
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it
3 Stars for this one

Hope’s Rating:
Book Cover / Book Blurb 3/3 =3 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 3 Stars
Character Development Stars = 3 Stars
Story Appreciation = 3 Stars
Worth the Chili = 3 Stars ($3.99 ebook)

I read this one looking for a book similar to From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas and it was close, but not quite it.

Find out why here:

Tasha S
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! Everyone experiences a crush at some point in their high school life, that wild party, and finding out things about themselves they would only dream of. It may not all happen like it happened to Laney but it happens. I wish it would have told what happened to Leo's family.
Kimberly Hall
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me wanting more. There wasn't a dull moment. I didn't want to put this book down. I wish it went into more detail about what happened with the main characters, but overall this was book was definitely a page turner.
Faith
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Dumb. Really just dumb. The only thing that kept me reading was because I loooove the old folks. The main characters lacked personality. Very dry. Was soooo odd.

Do much fun into to the old ppl but blank on the two main ppl
Emily
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ya and women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
The heroine is a total brat, but redeems herself by the end. The hero is an adorable cutie pie, and the author gives me a happily-ever-after. I can't ask for much more.

Oh, I hope I'm an awesome 'ol geezer like the Primrose folks. So hilarious and supremely cute.
May
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. Sweet story of growing up. The main character is a very smart, but somewhat shy girl who loves.... Well, I won't say more. Go ahead and read this funny book :)
Cassie
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Enjoyed it, but the main character was both annoying & oblivious to the point of dislike.
Huong
Aug 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Quite cute! I love uptight Laney as she slowly unwinds with Jack. The senior citizens were a riot!
Kelley
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, young-adult
I loved the humor that filled this book. I have been around the type of senior citizens characterized it is a hoot. Overall it is a great teen romance.
Licai
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice and fluffy read :)
Kim Chappell
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really cute book.
Kim
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book but definitely way too short. Would love to get more insight to these characters and continue their story.
Leah
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this was a reel good book. i think it is so funny how they end up getting home with old people. i would read this book again. it had me laughing the whole time.
Amber
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I found it to be a cute story. It was a really fast read.
Pam
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - though it was a little silly, it had me laughing almost non stop!
Figlet
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An adorable, hilarious, and romantic fast read. The characterizations are delightful and real and Jack McAllister is everything a hero should be and more.

Highly enjoyable and recommended.
Kelli Santistevan
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun book to read.
Ursula
rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2013
Karen Logue
May 24, 2014
Krista
Jul 06, 2016
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • What the Heart Wants (Hearts and Arrows, #2.5)
  • Winter's Scars: The Forsaken (Winter's Saga, #5)
  • Abraham's Men (Birch Harbor, #2)
  • Prank Wars
  • Under the Dusty Sky (Holloway Farms, #1)
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • Crumbling Walls
  • Mark of the Bear (Hades' Carnival, #2)
  • Bigger Than Beckham (Philadelphia Patriots, #3)
  • Maiden's Veil
  • Seeking Havok
  • The One for Me
  • Micah's Calling (All The King's Men, #3)
  • Crushed
  • Captive at Christmas (Captive Hearts, #1)
  • The Wanderer (Rider, #1)
  • Decked with Holly
I am the author of YA books, HIGH SCHOOL HANGOVER, REVENGE OF THE HOMECOMING QUEEN, TWISTED SISTERS, SPRING BREAKUP, & THE ALPHA BET.

www.stephaniehale.com
www.twitter.com/stephaniemhale
www.facebook.com/booksbystephaniehale
More about Stephanie Hale

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“Why are you staring at my boobs? My face is up here,” Trudy exclaims.
Jack, the hotel employees, and I jump back like we’ve been electrocuted while the seniors don’t skip a beat. No. She. Didn’t. These geriatric devils are so bad.”
0 likes