Start by marking “Time's Twisted Arrow (Timebound)” as Want to Read:
Time's Twisted Arrow (Timebound)

Time's Twisted Arrow (The Chronos Files #1)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  24,368 Ratings  ·  2,341 Reviews
When Kate Pierce-Keller’s grandmother gives her a strange blue medallion and speaks of time travel, sixteen-year-old Kate assumes the old woman is delusional. But it all becomes horrifyingly real when a murder in the past destroys the foundation of Kate’s present-day life. Suddenly, that medallion is the only thing protecting Kate from blinking out of existence.

Kate learns
Kindle Edition, Self-published Edition, 351 pages
Published October 28th 2012 (first published September 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Time's Twisted Arrow, please sign up.
Marion Hudson I listened to the audio version of this book with my 17, 14 and 12 year old sons. My 12 year old loved it as much as his older brothers and his…moreI listened to the audio version of this book with my 17, 14 and 12 year old sons. My 12 year old loved it as much as his older brothers and his mother. Perhaps the audio made it easier for him to follow the time shifts, but I thought this was a wonderful early foray into the YA genre for him. (less)
Rysa Walker This was hidden under a response--sorry for the delay! Glad you're enjoying Timebound, and yes--I've loved writing the novellas. They are from…moreThis was hidden under a response--sorry for the delay! Glad you're enjoying Timebound, and yes--I've loved writing the novellas. They are from different points of view, so they allow me to fill in some pieces that I can't explore fully from Kate's perspective. That said, finishing Prudence's tale was a bit of a bear...she doesn't really live in a straight line, and that messes both with her head and with mine when I'm writing!(less)

Traci

I have to give kudos to the author for attempting a young adult book about time travel. It's not an easy topic to keep straight.

Three star reviews are the hardest to write for me, because I'm just not sure what there is to say. I liked it. I'm not passionate about it. I didn't hate it. I don't want to kill it with fire. So there's that.

Kate Pierce-Keller meets her grandmother, Katherine, who informs her that she has a time-traveling gene and of the following: Katherine was born far into the futu
Ben Alderson
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved reading this book through out the month! What an incredible story.. can not wait to carry on with this series!
Robin (Bridge Four)
Time travel, the Chicago Expo, a Serial Killer, True Love, Hermione’s Time Medallion and uncomfortable shoes. Timebound has all of that and more.

“It would be a lot easier to fix the universe if I could dress like Wonder Woman –or Batgirl.”

I enjoyed this novel it was pretty decently paced there was only one chunk in the middle that seemed to drag on a bit too long but the rest of it sailed by especially once Kate actually went into the past. The characters are fun Kate seemed to have a pretty
A Y
I'm just going to jump right into the critique, which I know is going to appear harsher than I intend.

I had difficulty connecting at times with Kate especially in the present day for a multitude of reasons mainly having to do with character development. I was offput by her reckless sharing of sensitive information with her best friend and then with Trey, a stranger she had no reason to trust, who was a bit too pushy in the initial scenes.

Kate and Trey's relationship moved too quickly to the poin
Alexandra
2/1/17 This trilogy is on sale for $1.99 each book for the Kindle version.

I'll admit, I didn't really have high expectations for this one. I hoped for a reasonably enjoyable read and not really much more. I was in for a very pleasant surprise. This story hooked me almost right from the start.

I think time-travel stories typically have elements that if thought about too hard, or considered too closely, logic problems can be found. In my opinion the trick for the author is to tell the story in such
Alicia
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book and I'm so glad the few criticisms I caught wind of did not deter me from purchasing it. In fact, I honesty haven't read a YA book that I've loved this much since The Hourglass Door series and, before that, The Hunger Games.

(Note: Timebound has nothing in common with those other two series, except that they just hooked me, sucked me in, and fascinated me.)

So, why the love?

First of all, time travel is incredibly difficult to write about. So much confusion, multiple
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
Rating: 3.25/5
This review can also be found on my blog, Dana and the Books.

I love me some time travel! So, naturally, after reading the blurb for Timebound it seemed to be the perfect story for me filled with many timey-wimey goodies.

The story starts off with Kate receiving a medallion from her grandmother. Then the time travel references come in. And then Kate needs to fix the timeline and stop Evil Time Travel Man otherwise Kate will blink out of existence.

Yes, it sounds a bit cliched, but I l
Praiz Sophyronja
AHHH... Too much information overload. I am in LOVE with the concept and the whole reality. The world building is so strong, I love stumbling into books that turn out better than I thought they were going to be!!!

Raquel Moritz
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pra quem se amarra em viagem no tempo, Chronos: Viajantes do Tempo uma leitura e tanto! Dentre os elementos mais legais, gostei principalmente das curiosidades históricas envolvendo a Exposição Universal de 1893, em Chicago, e a presença do serial killer H. H. Holmes (que, se você não conhece a história dele, adianto: o cara construiu um hotel pra hospedar e matar os visitantes da feira). E de quebra ainda fala da ascensão de um culto religioso maluco que tá afetando fortemente as linhas tempora ...more
Melindam
What a great ride/read through time and again! I had a few issues while reading, but mostly enjoyed it and couldn't wait to get to the end. Full review to come.
Marked By Books
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I finished this book, I was trying really hard not to cry. It may have been because of the obnoxious fluorescent lights that had been shining on me for the past few hours as I read this book in one sitting, but I think it's something else. I am SO GLAD that Rysa didn't leave me with a cliffhanger here. I'm pretty sure I'd still be holding back tears, but it would not be joy streaming down my face. It would be bitter, agonizing pain because I wasn't ready to let go of the characters yet.

I'm
Sam
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I received this book as a gift. I have to say overall it's good- the plot was engrossing (if a little overly complex) and the writing smooth. However, there were a few annoyances with the characters that stopped this book living to its full potential.

STORY: We step into the shoes of Kate, who suddenly learns of her gift as someone who can use CHRONOS technology and that her grandmother is fashioning a scheme to stop a time-drive take over from Kate's grandfather. Generally I felt the story was w
Alaina Meserole
I'M FINALLY WRITING THIS REVIEW! WOOOHOO!

Timebound was a ride to listen to at work and to even make sure I heard things right on the kindle version. I absolutely enjoyed the time travel aspect of it and the mysterious behind it kept me highly engaged.

Kate was an interesting character. Sometimes I was kind of annoyed by her and when she whined a little.. but overall, she was likable. I loved her grandmother because she was completely awesome in my eyes. Then the whole family thing, journals, meda
Nathan Coops
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel
Timebound is the type of book I’ve been searching out for years on bookstore shelves and not finding. It’s a time travel adventure that’s more than just a there and back trip. It’s time travel as an ongoing adventure for its characters, and that’s what has always excited and inspired me the most in the genre.
Walker’s world of time travel is a universe of changeable timelines, where your memories or even your existence may be in danger at any moment from the reckless tampering of other travelers
Cherie
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is just something about a debut novel that can be so...Just Right!

I seem to be on a bender with Time Travel novels this year. This is my fourth or fifth and I have several more to go. I am going to recommend this one to my friends, family, and reading buddies.
It was that good!

Do you ever think about wanting to change history, or what would happen if someone could? Read this book and see what could happen!

Do you want a "clean" YA story? I can definitely say it is so!

This is the story of Ka
D.H. Nevins
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I have to say it. I loved Time’s Twisted Arrow. This YA book is clever, complex and lots of fun. First of all, Rysa Walker is a fabulous writer, her sentences flowing so beautifully they immediately suck you in. The time travel plot is ambitiously intricate, yet so clearly relayed I had no difficulty following it. It’s hard to believe that this was a debut novel! I am so impressed.

Kate’s growth as a character was incredibly well done. At one moment, she’s your typical skeptical tee
Andrea
I thoroughly enjoyed this audiobook. There was never a dull moment. It's narrated by Kate Rudd who was fabulous. I can't say much without spoiling it. I can say this book involves: genes, a medallion, time traveling, The Chicago World's Fair, "religion", a family, suspense, a little romance, a cute Irish boy and/or teenager and a serial killer...whew... that's a lot.

I can also say I tried not to think to seriously about the time travel and all the different timelines...I just chilled and enjoyed
Paulo Ratz
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eu falei já bastante no vídeo específico do livro. A cada página que passava eu ficava mais e mais envolvido e tô bem ansioso pro próximo. Recomendo!
Jess the Audiobookworm
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I picked up this audiobook during one of Audible's $4.95 sales. I didn't necessarily choose it because I've seen a lot of great reviews or heard a ton of hype about it, because I haven't. And I was aware that my friend Dana (from Dana and the Books) only gave this 3.25 stars when she read it. But because of Audible's awesome return policy, I decided to give it a shot anyway since I'm such a sucker for time travel. Timebound is the perfect example of why readers/listeners should ultimately make t ...more
Anna (Curiosity comes before Kay)
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hannah Lesniak, Ree Spicer, Elizabeth Norton
Re-Read, 09/23/15

I sill loved it just as much this time around. The fear, suspense and mystery still got to me as a reader. To me, that's the mark of a truly good book -- if it can make you feel stuff even when you know how it's going to end! I'm even more excited to read the novellas I've been rationing now, and get Kiernan's side of the story. Also, after Time's Edge I get to find out Pru's story and I'm just so excited! I've never been one to squee or fangirl over a book, even though I'm a
Lauren Stoolfire
Kate thinks her grandmother must be senile when she gives her a glowing medallion and starts talking about time travel. If only it were that easy because what her grandmother was telling her hits home when a murder in the past drastically changes Kate's present. The medallion is the only thing that's keeping Kate tethered to reality. Kate learns that this murder at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair is the beginning of a sinister plot to rewrite world history and that she is one of the few who can pr ...more
Kim
Blah. Finally finished. This was just...not good.

Here's what I can be arsed to say about it:

* It takes me 1-2 days to finish a book I enjoy. This took me 2 1/2 weeks.

* Didja read that synopsis? Yeah. Kate doesn't get to 1893 until 75% into the book. So what happens before that?

* A lot of uninteresting, confusing info-dumps. The author goes to great lengths to tell you about how time travel works, but it's super confusing and dry and just plain not fun to read about.

* Some rill rill ridiculous
Iara Picolo
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me joga o volume dois que meu coração não aguenta!
Stephanie Swint
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time Travel, strong female lead, 1893 Chicago World’s Fair, multiple time lines – what’s not to like. ‘Timebound’ is the first in Rysa Walker’s Chronos Series. At this point we know there will be at least three books in the series. The second book is scheduled to drop on October 21, 2014. I’m ready for it now. This is light and fun young adult fiction adults can enjoy. Walker would have delved much deeper into the science of time travel etc. had it been for an adult audience but ‘Timeboound’ is ...more
Jenna
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-2014
This is the story of a young girl named Kate, who has a gift of being able to go back in time and is recruited by her grandmother, who is from the future but stayed in this timeline and had two daughters. One of the daughters, Kate's aunt, disappeared in the past when she got her hands on one of the medallions that allows them to go back in time. The father of the two daughter's also has this gift and uses it to go back in time for evil and dominance. Kate's grandmother is prepping her to go bac ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february-2013
Time's Twisted Arrow is a fantastic time travel book. I have to say that I love time travel books. It is something about the main characters traveling between time that makes for a great read. This story is no different but i loved chow the author threw in different things and made you really want to keep reading to see what was going to happen to Kate. The Chronos gene had me so intrigued because Kate knew she was not going crazy but that there was something off about her.

The story flowed nicel
Krystal Bond
3.7 I wanted to enjoy this book more than I did, but there was so much confusion for me in the way the time traveling was written. I feel like a lot and yet nothing happened at the same time. I definitely want to read the second book, because I enjoyed the story overall and I'm curious where it goes from here. I really enjoyed Kate as the main character. I look forward to learning more about this world and hopefully the time travel portion gets less complicated to understand. I believe it will b ...more
Susan May
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Review to come. All I can say is I LOVED THIS! Get the Audible. The voice actress is amazing.
Andy Gavin
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found Timebound while searching for best sellers to use as advertising targets for my own time travel novel Untimed (I've been experimenting with Amazon's new do-it-yourself ads).

I'm glad I did.

At a certain level Timebound shares common DNA with Untimed. They both feature teen protagonists who discover they are time travelers and get dragged into a complex temporal war. There are other time traveling relatives and both mythologies even have "books" that to some extent chronicle/reveal/inform.
Annah
I am so incredibly happy I downloaded this book. I thought it was absolutely fantastic. It's filled with fantasy, and time travel, and love, and action, and anger, and hate and all the things a great novel really has. I can't say I was expecting much from a book I got off of Amazon for free but wow, was I pleasantly surprised. I thought all the characters were very well developed and had wonderful back stories. Everyone had a major role in the life of this book, and I loved that. I'm not a big h ...more
  • Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. (Butterman Travel series #1)
  • Extracted (The Lost Imperials, #1)
  • The Time Hunters (Time Hunters, #1)
  • The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1)
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
  • Towards Yesterday
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
  • Déjà Vu (Saskia Brandt #1)
  • The Ruby Brooch (Celtic Brooch #1)
  • The Clockwork Cathedral (The Time Corps Chronicles #1)
  • The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare (Alex Wayfare, #1)
  • Thomas Jefferson, Rachel & Me
  • Intertwine (House of Oak, #1)
  • Time Burned (The Chronos Files)
  • If I Never Get Back
  • Sojourn (Time Rovers, #1)
  • Curse of the Ice Dragon (Keepers of the Stones, #1)
  • Timespell (Timespell, #1)
RYSA WALKER is the author of the bestselling CHRONOS Files series. Timebound, the first book in the series, was the Young Adult and Grand Prize winner in the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards.

Rysa grew up on a cattle ranch in the South, where she read every chance she got. On the rare occasion that she gained control of the television, she watched Star Trek and imagined living in the future,
More about Rysa Walker

The Chronos Files (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
  • Splinter (The Chronos Files)
  • Time Burned (The Chronos Files)
  • Time Frame (The Chronos Files)
  • Time Trial #3 (The Chronos Files)
  • Time Trial #1 (The Chronos Files)
  • Time Trial #4 (The Chronos Files)
  • Time Trial #2 (The Chronos Files)
  • Timebound [Kindle in Motion] (The Chronos Files Book 1)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
  • Dread Nation
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“History is sacred—like a nature hike. ‘Leave only footprints, take only memories.” 17 likes
“Some things, however, should happen in the correct order. Shoes go on after socks. Peanut butter is applied after the bread comes out of the toaster, not before. And grandchildren are born after their grandparents.” 10 likes