Start by marking “Fire in Her Eyes (Young Love, #2; Summer Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fire in Her Eyes (Young Love, #2; Summer Love, #1)

Fire in Her Eyes

(Young Love #2)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  2,749 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
Spencer and I have been enemies for as long as I can remember. Though it wasn't hard to fall into lust with him. And things seemed to be headed to love before unspeakable things happened to me...

Spencer was supposed to be my rock. My angel. He turned out to be none of those things. What he did hurt more then the tragedy. I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him...

N
187 pages
Published January 9th 2013 (first published January 6th 2013)

Belle
Jan 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
(view spoiler) ...more
Alisa
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 Stars...not sure. It would've been a 4 star book had there not been so much drama, unbelievable drama, at that. It just ended up being far fetched and a bit ridiculous.

Also, I'm positive that no matter how hot Spencer was in real life, I would never take him back. The circumstances surrounding what he did WHEN he did...ugh, just no. There's no excuse in general, but for him to do that when he did, NO! The drama with the father was so unnecessary. All of the drama was just over-kill.

The book/s
Fre06 Begum
May 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Sayjil
I must confess, I thought this book was going to be a total fucking mess before I read it and I’d have to take a week to recover. I read this review online and it sounded like Spencer was going to do the unforgivable thing - cheat. Yep, I said it.
There are hard fucking lines and this was one of them. I just don’t see how you can trust someone like that. There’s no excuse. It’s a done deal. Do not pass begin, do not collect $200. Take no prisoners and all that.
The only exception I ever made was S
Annmarie
Rachel K
May 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Liked it...until the hero fucked up in such a big way, I skimmed to the end. No way the heroine should have taken him back! Seriously...no fucking way!!

This book pissed me off and put me in a shitty mood. Now I need to find something light-hearted and fun to read to try and get rid of the bad taste it left behind...
Lisa Jayne
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Much like other books I have read by Amanda Heath, 'Fire in her eyes' is not your typical YA book, the writing is almost darker and deals with some difficult issues. This book has a mix of young love, pain, heartache, true friendship, lasting love and most of all over the top DRAMA.

There are some minor mistakes throughout the book, which to some I know will find distracting, but overall I was able to overlook. The book does fit ALOT in for such a short read and it almost seems rushed in parts,
Ang
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I've been stewing over this review for a day or two, trying to think how to go about it. I received the book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you. The book started off slow. Picked up pace about 20 pages into it and it was admittedly a fast read. (Only 140ish pages, I think) The story was entertaining but there were a lot of problems with it for me.
1) The dialogue is what I imagine to be a cross between Jersey Shore and Hillbilly Handfishin'.
2) Spencer's inexcusable disc
Purple
Nov 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abuse, witless
So far: immature and unimaginative - from writing and text/dialogue to the characters' state of mind and behavior. I can't find any likeable feature. And I really, really had enough with the guys and their dimples. They seem to overpopulate the fictional world.
Maybe the series will get better.
The 1st book I read by Amanda Heath was "This Beautiful Thing",which I liked. I had big hopes that things will improve no matter what series or story she'll come up with next. This one doesn't work with m
K3
Jan 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
*WARNING/SPOILER*
I must warn you that there is a scene of violence and rape, although the rape wasn't written in detail, Ms. Heath wrote it with care.

Harley Maxton and Spencer Grady have been enemies since they were 5 years old and living next door to each other hasn’t been easy either. Throughout their childhood they have made each other’s lives a living hell by pulling pranks on each other. Everyone in town knows that Harley and Spencer belong together, it is just too bad they can’t be in the
Sam
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-favourites
A great read, I really enjoyed it!

This was very well written, not only was it truly captivating but it was constantly evolving from the start to the end.

Harley Maxton and Spencer Grady have this huge love/hate relationship but you can see the sparks flying between the two and that they shouldn't fight the attraction that is obviously there.

I liked how Spencer loved her even through the horrifc event that Harley went through he found a way to keep fighting for her.

Not only will this book take u
Wendy
Jan 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Writing: -1 star
Plot... 2 stars. Unexpected things happened but... they were also unbelievable. Or maybe it was the crappy writing that made it unbelievable.
You can't even imagine how many times I just wanted to stop reading this book but I wanted to see what else would happen. Would aliens come to earth and help clear everything up and would all the humans just be like "Yo, dude, thanks for the help wanna go out for pizza? How about that game yesterday, it was crazy, eh?"
Vivi
May 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Easily the worst "romance" book I've ever read. The writing was terrible, the plot was unrealistic and the characters were unlikeable. Honestly in what world does a H who cheats on the h right after she's been raped deserve any type of HEA. Steaming hot garbage.
sraxe
May 01, 2016 marked it as do-not-read
(view spoiler) [x]
Emm
Mar 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Well this book had me interested in the beginning. But I lost my interest.

I don't understand how many won't things happened.

Rape, Cheating, Murder, ew.

It was just so dumb. I think what kept on ticking me off was Mason. Harley thought he was hot. The author said in the hospital that he was pretty big in Spencer's POV and then contradicts herself when he's said to be a gang leader who Spencer then calls small. Then later on he's a drug lord, then a mob boss, then Harley's brother.

WTF

And then Hal
Shanora Williams
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Man. I can't believe what I've just read. I am at a fault between This Beautiful Thing and Fire in Her Eyes! I have to say that I'm probably loving Spencer more. I received this book as an ARC and I'll make it as simple as possible!

There was so much passion, emotion, and power in this book that moved me. Harley reminded me of myself. She was real, had FIRE and didn't take any crap. It was sad what happened to her and I could feel her pain. I know it had to be hard for her to cope with it!

Spence
Catherine
Feb 08, 2013 marked it as avoid-this-one
Note to self: (view spoiler) Avoid this one.
Theresa
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tragedy, Love, Surprise ... this book has all three! Remember when you were in school and there was that boy who always picked on you? Your mom probably said "It just means he likes you." Well this is how the story of Harley and Spencer starts. It is written from both of their perspectives, which I love. You no longer have to wonder what the other one is thinking, you get to read both sides of the story. And now a bit about the story ...

Harley and Spencer meet when they were five and not long af
AbiGirl: Romance-Read-Freak
Spencer & Harley

So the love-hate thing in the beginning was a rather obvious result for the both of them.
Then the book does a complete 180 and the drama has no end.

*She gets raped
*Spencer cheats on her the day she is released from hospital
*She finds out and the great love ends.

*He tries to win her back
*He does.

*Her father comes looking for her(who is dating his mother)
*She then in turn finds out that he is not her real father
*He killed her mother and real father
*Mason(the guy that belongs to
Akyraa
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: year-2012
well...it was a good book but had too many things going on simultaneously...plots which were not even needed were there...n wat to say abt Spencer...he might be the hero but I can't stand ppl who cheat n that too when Harley was the most vulnerable n needed him...how can u justify such act by saying that u were not in ur right mind n blah blah...
Laura's Book Addiction
Well what to say. I enjoyed up to a point then the Jackass Spencer did something that I would never forgive and what was up with the twist the author gave Harley's dad???? I hope the 2nd book is about Lucy and Mason!!!
Melisa
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great book! A story line that I haven't read before with a GIANT twist at the end!
Minchen F.
Aug 30, 2014 rated it liked it
OMG where to start...this story really fucked with my head.
well I'm still giving it 3 ★ because the story had so much potential and in the beginning I really like the protagonists. Besides, everyone who finishes a story has my respect, since I personally suck at making it past chapter 3 everytime I try to write myself^^

I thought this might just be one of those cute stories where former enemies find their love which would have totally worked for me...I love this kind of stories and no matter how
Madison
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the beginning with the intense love hate and the cracking of tension between Harley and Spencer.
I think where I was a little disappointed was how he instantly was okay in love and that was it. I thought there should have been more resistance on Spencer's side. The big boom threw me off and made me question what I was reading. Mix that with the friends situation and Spencer, it was just a lot going on.
The connection between them is intense and the intense scenes of action were written re
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Not my favorite by Amanda Heath, but still good. I loved how it started out, but then it took a few turns I found a bit unworkable for myself.
Nate H
May 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was a mistake for me to read. This book was awful and Amanda is a good author but I am not a fan of this.
Shona
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-drama
3 1/2 Stars
Cindy
Sep 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Este es el libro mas cargado, ridículo y lleno de predecibles clichés que he tenido la desgracia de leer
Cocky Jen
Feb 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
  • Uninvolved
  • Pretend (Pretend, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #1)
  • All the Right Moves
  • When Water Burns (Telesa, #2)
  • Hunting Love
  • Second Rate Chances
  • Misguided Heart (Misguided, #1)
  • Brady Remington Landed Me in Jail
  • Heart Song (Biker Rockstar, #2)
  • Full Count
  • This Broken Beautiful Thing (Broken Beautiful, #1)
  • Beautiful Disaster (The Bet, #1)
  • Beautiful Things Never Last
  • The Cirque
  • Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, #2)
  • Hustle Me (Bank Shot Romance, #1)
  • Sweet Ride (Ride, #2)
I live in southern Arkansas with my husband and young daughter. There is also an insane Boston Terrier running around. I've always been a lone wolf and find my friends in books. I started writing at a young age and I haven't stopped since. Most days you can find me either glued to my laptop or my kindle. My first novel, This Beautiful Thing was an Amazon best seller for 11 weeks and a year later I ...more

Young Love (4 books)
  • This Beautiful Thing (Young Love, #1)
  • Norma Jean (Young Love, #3)
  • Wrong Kind of Love (Young Love, #4)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99