Start by marking “Façade (Games, #2)” as Want to Read:
Façade (Games, #2)

Façade

(Games #2)

Can love save them?

After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is all right. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she’s never been—and into the arms of Adrian Westfall.

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies’ man. B
Published July 2nd 2013 by Forever

Anna
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
5 gorgeous YES WE CAN BLEED TOGETHER ~ Stars !!!

ADRIAN

~One look at him and you can tell he walks around with a bruised soul

The whole time my chest is tight. Aching. It's hard to breathe and I want to run away, but I don't. I deserve to feel this way and deserve to see this.

"Do you need anything?".....

Space.
I asked.
She agreed.
It wasn't what caught my attention.
Her eyes.
Me too,
They seemed to say,
I need space too

I fell in love with Adrian. And I have had my fair share of broken-boys via book
Christy
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 bleeding heart Stars!!!

photo e8dd7a90-e8cd-4c3f-8002-8381a7b6f317_zps32991829.jpg

Nyrae Dawn does it again! I swear everything this woman writes is fantastic! This was no exception.

Have you ever wanted to believe you could make it better? That you have the power to fix so many peoples lives, so you set out on this path and then you’re not so sure? Don’t know if you’re doing the right thing but you’re already on the path to making it happen, so you have to find a way to see it through?

Thats all Delaney Cross has ever wanted to do. Fix people’s lives.
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
ummm, woah HOT new cover!!!

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

I don't see the future; I just notice shit. When you're seven years old and scared of your own shadow, too scared to get close to anyone like I used to be, you learn to pay attention. To study people's loves because it's the only way to feel like you're living and to think about how differently you'd be doing if you had the balls to man up. Or, hell, if you hadn't been given such a shitty hand to begin with.

I Think when love sneaks up on you, when it grabs on to you when you least expect it,
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
”Maybe…it would bring us some kind of closure to talk to each other, but then I wasn’t sure if I should tell you and the longer I waited the harder it was because you turned into more than just the guy whose life was tied to mine in tragedy. You became… everything.”

Nyrae Dawn’s Façade story line is actually REALLY GOOD there was a bit of a twist sshh that I didn’t expect and I really did like Adrian. I connected to Adrian’s pain, his poems and his façade. I just wish the story was centered mor
Kellie Maddox-Ward
I love Nyrae!
I loved Charade.
I thought Charades cover was hot

Then I seen this and can't WAIT for Adrian's story to be told!

HAWT cover!
Catarina
“I think when love sneaks up on you, when it grabs onto you when you least expect it, maybe that's more of a sign that it's real. That it's meant to be and nothing could stop the two of you from falling for each other.”

This second installment tells us the story of Adrian (Remember him? Colt’s best friend?) and Laney.
Everyone thinks that the only thinks Adrian likes is partying and smoking drugs. What nobody knows is that he neither like the partying nor the drugs. For moments he just wants to
Monica Murphy
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book! Adrian is such a tortured soul. All the twists and turns and emotions this book made me feel...I can't even begin to describe. I wish it was coming out sooner so I could discuss it with you all. Add this to your bookshelf, pre-order it online and hope like crazy FACADE comes out sooner rather than later because trust me, this book is FANTASTIC.

It made me cry. *sniff sniff* But in a good way. :) :)
Ash Wednesday
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, new-adult
2 STARS
"Let me bandage your heart the way you did my hand."

Yes, that in fact did happen. I kinda wish that was the end all and be all of the things that I didn't like about this story but it didn't stop there. It was like getting assaulted over
""His words are a syringe, injecting a pleasurable heat in my veins."

and over,
"If you need to write, I'll be your paper."
(if you're expecting some Sei Shoganon action from that, you'd be VERY disappointed)

and over,
"I feel your heart," I tell Adr
Karen Erickson
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I consider myself lucky to have read this. I loved Charade but I love Facade more. Adrian is swoon-worthy. Tough and surly and sexy and soulful and sensitive. His story will break your heart. Laney is his perfect match though she has her secrets too.

Near the end I had to go and hide in my bedroom while I finished reading it because I couldn't stop the tears from falling and I didn't want to worry my kids! Such a great book.
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

5 'I'll fix this' stars! ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ

photo image.jpg1_2.jpg

“Haunt me,
my little ghost,
Posses me
Live inside me,
And scare away my sins
Until there's nothing left.
But You.”

– —– —– —– —– —– —– —– —– —

Book: This is the second book in the Games series by Nyrae Dawn, and it's a companion novel. The first book was about Chayenne & Colt, and this one is about Adrian & Laney. This book has dual POV between Adrian and Delaney, and is a very short read.

Story: Delaney Cross's dad has been put in jail, and in return, she lo
Viri
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ya está la reseña completa en el blog, una historia simplemente increíble.
Puedes leer toda mi opinión aquí.

Un libro triste, emotivo y conmovedor. Y como me pasó con el libro anterior me ha dejado un muy buen sabor de boca. No creo poder leer el tercer libro ahora porque quiero un libro más bien feliz. Pero seguro me lo leo y hago una mega reseña en el blog jaja.
Muy recomendable.

Esta autora tiene unos cierres y finales tan desgarradores como espectaculares. No me esperaba lo de ASH pero es lo má
• Lisa •
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
*ARC generously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*
Aimen

That is the best way I can describe this book. Laughing my head off one minute and crying my eyes out the next. I didn't realize how much of a tear-jerker this book would be but it was. It was amazing, refreshing, dark and light all at once. It's my new favorite.

Delaney

Adrian

Facade was easily one of the best books I've read in 2013. It was so ridiculously powerful that I went and told a good 10 people about the story line and they all loved it! While I enjoyed book one, it didn't give me the sam
Geri Reads
Jan 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Hmm, I'm kinda torn as to how to rate this book, so I'll settle for 3 to 3.5 stars.

This book wasn't bad but after falling in love with Charade, Facade was somewhat a disappointed for me. I say somewhat because there are parts of this book that I really loved. Sadly, there were also parts that I didn't love that much. To be honest, I almost gave up halfway through the book because it just got too depressing and I got really bored waiting for something to happen. I'm glad I hang on though because
M.
Nov 20, 2012 marked it as to-not-read
We've met Adrian in Charade? Who the hell is Adrian? God, no wonder I gave 2 stars to the first book in this series. I can't even remember the names of the characters any more, they were so forgettable.
Jolene Perry
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
GORGEOUS BOOK.
Will break your heart and put it back together again.
And, yanno... make you swoon...
AJ
“She’s the fire in my veins, the breath in my lungs, and the glue trying to hold each of my scars together”

Another ‘WOW’ book from Nyrae Dawn!

The first book in this series, Charade, completely blew me away when I read it, and I am happy to say that Façade is an incredible follow up that packs just as much of an emotional punch. After reading the first few pages, I knew this book was going to be something special!

We met Adrian in Charade - he is the constantly stoned, manwhoring party boy, and b
Wendy Higgins
GAAAAAHHH!!!! SO glad this got picked up for publication - it totally deserves it and NEEDS to be on shelves! I loved the tension and raw emotion. Can't wait for people to read it! :)

This is NA - new adult, not YA.
.Lili.
Nov 16, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was just:
 photo ZFlwweb_zps71178137.gif
I'm going to keep it short. Writing was good. Synopsis was good. Twist was unexpected. For some reason though- I was bored. I feel bad because I loved the first book in this series and I loved Adrian in it. I just never felt connected to the story. I would still recommended it because I can guarantee the story will work for others. I also very much look forward to reading more work from this author despite this story not meeting my expectations. 3 stars.
.chel.
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
2.5/5

Two broken people whose lives are intertwined and connected through circumstance would seem like the perfect recipe for an angst driven love story, right? Unfortunately, it was all just a façade.
A tragic past links Delaney and Adrian together. These two characters are as broken as they come. With all their demons being laid out for the reader, but not to each other, it got depressing and honestly, boring. After the loooooonnnnnnng dragged out build up for the big reveal, there was nothing b
Amy
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Nobody writes a broken bad boy like Nyrae Dawn. I fell so hard for Adrian! I’ll be honest, I didn’t think much of him in Charade. He kind of seemed like a pothead and a manwhore. But, OMG, once I heard his story, my heart broke for him.

I’m not going to get into the story much here, because I don’t want to give anything away. You need to read it yourself!! Adrian and Delaney are two damaged individuals who are connected by an unimaginable tragedy. They find comfort in each other’s arms, but will
Amanda
 photo da3b031d345be1fa23a11bdd86be7717_zps5qkubftf.png
Items ticked off: 16

Quick review.

Façade is the story of Delaney and Adrian. Delaney seeks out Adrian due to her father's involvement in the death of Adrian's nephew. She does this in hope to find some closure. Except, instead of telling Adrian the truth about who she is, they grow closer and are soon in a relationship. None of this is a spoiler as it is the whole plot.

Unfortunately Façade misses the point greatly. It suffers from bad pacing and not to mention it doesn't handle the topic at hand
I have to say that it pains me to give this book only 3 stars. I have LOVED all of Nyrae's books in the past. I LOVED Charade, but for some reason this one fell a little short for me. I really liked Adrian in Charade and was excited to read his story. For some reason Adrian seemed different in Facade. I can't really put my finger on exactly what it was but I just couldn't connect with him and Delaney. I guess what I really wished to see from Adrian would've been what he was like in Charade or th ...more
Autumn Review
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review
Well, it's safe to say that I was a blubbering mess while reading this book. I knew going into it that I was going to fall for Adrian. In Charade, I just felt like there was something about Adrian that would completely draw me in. Adrian is one of the most beautifully broken characters I've read about.

Adrian, oh Adrian. When you first meet him in Charade, you think he's just this guy who likes to get stoned and have killer parties. But, I knew that there was something deeper about Adrian. Of cou
Steph
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

’Space,
I asked.
She agreed.
It wasn’t what caught my attention.
Hey eyes.
Me too,
They seemed to say,
I need space too

Thank you.’

This book was amazing, maybe even better than the first. I think I'm still in shock to be honest. The huge revelation completely knocked me off my feet. Everything just all of a sudden made perfect sense. It was incredible.

Adrian is such a memorable hero. I don’t think I will ever forget him.
He’s deep, dark and brooding. He’s thoughtful and sensitive, honest, inc
All Romance
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
MICHELLE'S REVIEW
Nyrae Dawn has done it again. I don't even know what to do with all of these emotions. I seriously spent the last few chapters in tears. Just crying like a crazy person.

The story of Delany and Adrian is a beautiful one. It is one of healing and love and forgiveness. But it's not as simple as it sounds.

Without giving too much away, Delaney's father commits a crime that deeply effects Adrian's family. And even with all the information that Adrian shares in the story- you cannot e
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Reread! - Just did a reread of this one and WOW! Powerful and angsty. I loved it just as much the second time around as I did the first. AMAZING READ!!

Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

Facade is book two in the Games series and is a New Adult, Romance written by Nyrae Dawn. I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review by Forever (Grand Central Publishing) through NetGalley.

4.5 Woeful, Angsty Stars!
Break Out The Hankies! You’re Gonna Need ‘Em...

The Review:
I love a good h
Laurynne Gouws
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-2013

** I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review **

I'm not a happy lady right now... I'm so disappointed in this book I can't even think straight. I was so looking forward to reading Facade that the minute I received it - I nearly twisted my ankle to grab onto my Kindle so I could start it up.

So Facade is about a chickie called Delaney who with her brother move to a new town. She's there for one reason and it's not to start a new life. Nope, it's so she can get in contact with
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
*A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review*

I remember reading Charade when it has less than a thousand ratings on Goodreads and look where this story has taken itself to! A huge deal with Hachette and mouth-to-mouth word about Nyrae and her talent. I'm so happy for her since she's an incredible author. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read Facade since I've been waiting for this pretty forever. Adrian was one of my favorite characters in book 1 and his story touched me in

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Depths (Silver Strand, #2)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • The Temptation of Lila and Ethan (The Secret, #3)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Wrong Kind of Love (Young Love, #4)
  • Breaking the Wrong (Sloan Brothers, #2)
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • Search Me
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Rock Me Slowly (Buried Alive Rockers, #1)
  • Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4)
  • Drowning in You
  • Near and Far (Lost & Found, #2)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • Delayed Penalty (Crossing the Line, #1)
  • White Trash Damaged (White Trash Trilogy, #2)
I am a compulsive reader and writer who loves YA fiction.

I love nothing more than writing about young adults. There is something so fresh and fun about it. You can pretty much always find me with a book in my hand or open document in front of me.

I live in Southern California with my husband and two children.

Games (3 books)
  • Charade (Games, #1)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
“She's the fire in my veins, the breath in my lungs, and the glue trying to hold each of my scars together.” 50 likes
“Haunt me,
my little ghost,
Posses me
Live inside me,
And scare away my sins
Until there's nothing left.
But You.”