Start by marking “Bayou L'Abeille” as Want to Read:
Bayou L'Abeille

Bayou L'Abeille

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
If you're looking for an escape from it all, come on down to Bayou L'Abeille for a visit. Take a stroll through the L'Abeille-Toombs Historical Cemetery or our prize gardens kept by Miss Nonie. Hear the colorful stories from our favorite musicians at Popeye Sims' Music Shop and you might even run into local legend Lenny Waxman. Have breakfast at The Butter Biscuit then enj ...more
Published October 2012 by Fey Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Bayou L'Abeille, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bayou L'Abeille

Candice Mizell-couch
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
“Truth is stranger than fiction.” We have all heard this expression, but for A.D. Sams, the expression came to life within the pages of Bayou L’Abeille. In fact, the novel’s life force focuses on the oft-heard expression as story by story, character by character, we learn of the inner workings and passions of the eclectic town of Bayou L’Abeille.

A myriad of characters make up the town of Bayou L’Abeille— some hilariously gritty, some seedy. As each of the characters strut into the spotlight, enl
Nina Potts
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
A myriad of short stories revolve around an antiquated Louisiana town. Time has little meaning here, and stories jump around from tales of the towns founders to it's visitors to its residents. At many points I was unaware of what time period a story was taking place in, which can be detracting. Once I was past the first few stories, it was easier to absorb that each piece is about the characters and setting, that the time has very little meaning, because its not relevant.

The various stories real
Gaele
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This collection of short stories by A.D. Sams feels like a series of evenings spent on neighbor’s porches, sipping sweet tea and listening to the stories. A clever mix of past and present, uplifting and tear-inducing stories and one wandering dog that is owned by all and none simultaneously, the stories show the connections and separations of this little town.

The underlying message that time is irrelevant when people are connected and connecting comes through very clearly in the lack of specifi
Mark Morris
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a phenomenal book crammed with atmosphere and a host of beguiling characters. The use of imagery and way the author depicts the people of Bayou L'Abeille is nothing short of amazing, and each of the vignettes included here is so well observed that you feel like you're eavesdropping on the characters as they go about their day to day business. I only wish there was a sequel to this.. hint, hint!
Mel
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I took a trip to Louisiana with my pal, A.D. and was sad to leave.

This is a collection of short stories and the only complaint I have is that it left me wanting more. I hope to eventually read a lot more about the people I met on this little journey.

I was hooked right away, A.D. has a way with words that held me captivated until the last page.

Magic Hat ended up being my favorite.
James
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rarely does a book make me laugh loud enough to scare the cat. This book was the exception. With a mix of stories ranging from hilarous to heartbreaking, this book is hard to put down. Can't wait to read more.
Sara Routledge
Jan 27, 2015
A.D. Sams
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Elyse
Patricia Arnold
Melissa
Bethany Morris
Aug 30, 2013
When I was young, I was surrounded by love bugs, my Maw-Maw’s rasping laughter that jiggled her belly, a field full of cows, and more Pentecostal hair than you could shake a stick at. My Paw-Paw, driven closer to heaven by his long, lean build, was the pastor. He was forthright and sincere, so when he smiled his sideways smile and explained to me that only liars lived in Georgia, the salt-and-pepp ...more