Start by marking “Stop the Wedding!” as Want to Read:

Stop the Wedding!

In this never-before-in-print romantic comedy, Annabelle Coakley and Clay Castleberry are determined to stop their parents from getting married...they didn't count on falling in love themselves!
Published November 11th 2012 by NeedtoRead Books

To ask other readers questions about Stop the Wedding!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stop the Wedding!

Heather Alderman
Cute and fun romantic read.
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

Today's selection is light and fun, overall a romantic comedy. So, if you love watching these types of movies, you will love Stephanie Bond's new book Stop the Wedding. Let's meet the characters and what I thought of the book.

Character list:

Annabelle Coakley: Divorce Lawyer, and daughter of the bride.
Clay Castleberry: A Venture Capitalist and son of the groom
Martin Castleberry: the groom, some what a playboy, work on his 6th marriage
Belle Coakley: the Bride
Michelle
Nov 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: my-ebooks, dnf
I got so mad about clay assaulting Annabelle when they first meet, I'm not sure I can finish this. And to just pass it off as romantic? No thank you.

"Clay registered lush softness and exquisite flavors before she realized he was kissing her. She gasped and stiffened, but he captured her hands and chased her mouth as she tried to wrench away, pressing her shoulders into the wall. She grunted and bit down, but he levered his mouth and stilled her squirming by imprisoning her legs with his, maintai
Wynn
The book can be described as a romantic comedy of errors. It's not laugh out loud funny. It's not too silly or completely unrealistic. Sarcasm and dry wit are plentiful from two lonely people, attorney Annabelle and businessman Clay, who don’t believe in happily ever after. The two come together to stop the wedding of their parents, a widowed housewife and a notorious womanizer. They don’t trust each other’s intentions regarding why they want to stop their parent’s wedding. Despite distrust and ...more
Romance
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Corny, predictable, a bit melodramatic, syrupy sweet at the end...typical for the era this was written. Bond is pretty good so only a few really cringe worthy scenes. I think I’ve read it and forgot it, too. Not a great read when that happens. I remembered only from the cringe worthy store scene.

Synopsis- 2 cynical adult children, clay and Annabelle, try to sabotage the marriage plans of their parents. Clays widowed dad was a former movie star who was a serial groom who Clay had to constantly pr
Donna
Jun 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
I tried this mainly because it was a free loaner from the kindle lending library. It's billed as a romantic comedy, but I don't think it qualifies as either.

The story centers around two unhappy, emotionally stunted people who attempt to manipulate their trusting parents (who are truly in love) into arguing and calling off their wedding. Sounds hilarious, right? No, I didn't think so either.

The woman's daughter is a divorce attorney who believes that all marriages are doomed to fail (in spite of
Lynda Kelly
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another light and funny read by this author. This is only 179 pages and I don't usually bother with stories under 200 pages but she's not released a dud for me yet so I took a chance on it. It wasn't my favourite of hers as I prefer a book with more mystery in and this one didn't have a great deal.
There was a line with terrible English I highlighted-"Perhaps we can look for you some clothes tomorrow". Not sure what happened there. There was only one apostrophe mistake and she used on hindsight i
Jaye
Dec 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Dee Montoya
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it

I'm quoting the author in saying that this is an uncomplicated fun read. Annabelle is a a divorce lawyer jaded by love, she only believes in working seventy hours a week, after one day she receives a phone call from mother giving her worst possible news, she is getting married to the notorious playboy that she's only been dating for two months. Clayton also a workaholic is worry that yet another gold digger is after his father's state. So Annabel and Clay set out to Stop the weeding. By doing
Dec 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Like many other reviewers, I completely failed to see the comedy in this story. Perhaps it was because I just finished "Gone Girl" right before reading this one, but I found the book trite, unrealistic and extremely predictable. Also, slightly insulting as it was clearly a "I will write the type of man that women want men to be rather than what they really are" book. Maybe I am not typical, but that type of hero has zero appeal to me.

Anyway, it is done and I can check another book off my list to
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was not in my usual genre....I am strictly a mystery and thriller type. But I have read Ms Bond's book before and thought I would try this one. It was a change but a delightful one. While no one got killed...there was a romance and a love and hate relationship. Both Annabelle and Clay didnt want their parents to marry each other. They go about breaking them up only to find there was a spark between them they never expected. A cute story and well worth the read!
Michelle
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved, loved this book. It was just what I needed after two less than stellar books. This is just light, fun reading. Nothing major to think about or ponder, but still leaves you with wanting to read more. This is the 3rd book I think I have read from her and I will continue to read what she writes.
Definitely worth the read!
Cupcakemummy
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a feel good book.
You've got love at first site or at least love at first arrest. You've got your misunderstandings and your make ups and it really is a hallmark love story. Which I know some people hate as they're predictable but you know, there are times in life where you need some predictable and happy endings. Because life can be shitty and unpredictable.
unknown
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rom

Loved this book! romance with laughter and tears, just doesn't get any better! Good lesson for all, thinking we know better than anyone what is the best for our parents. If you enjoy romance , this is a great read.

Beth Bedee
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it

This was a cute, light read. No sex, no cursing, just a fun romantic plot. It was well-written and read like a movie. I enjoyed it.
Cheryl
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stephanie-bond
I really liked this book. It was light, funny, predictable but an enjoyable, easy read which I welcomed after reading two non-fiction books.
Imjussayin
Jun 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, humorous, romance
Stop the Wedding!

In A Nutshell:A daughter (Annabelle Coakley) wants to stop her mother marrying a 'has been' movie star (Martin Castleberry) and being bride number 6. A son (Clay Castleberry) wants to stop his father from marrying a 'gold digger' (Belle Coakley). Both children have their wires crossed. It's mildly amusing, it could have been funny, but it is steeped in stereotypes.

An old man (75) marrying a woman 25 years his junior. Okay, it's not a girl just out of adolescence, but it's still
Amy
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
haven't read her in awhile. really good book
Lori
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is one of those romances where you can't figure out when they actually spoke enough to fall in love despite the guy being mean to the woman.
Ell
Sep 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Audio version. It wasn’t funny. Don’t explain about multiple misunderstandings then complain that they believe the misunderstanding , repeatedly !!
Elizabeth Saldivar
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Relaxing reading

This was a good book to relax with. It was funny and romantic just as advertised. Love the bond between mother and daughter.
Lil Bit
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my new favorite authors. I loved this book!!!
Shelley M. Doidge
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story, not exactly a comedy
Ginger Mcclintick
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Was a good book
Karin Keeling
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another bubblegum book
Kari
Mar 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Utterly predictable, weak characters, and it perpetuates rape culture. No thanks.
Melissa Mott
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I was first introduced to this story when I watched Hallmark’s movie based on this book. Because I enjoyed the movie so much I wanted to read the book. Of course the Hallmark movie was not exactly like the book, but a lot of the basic elements were there. I did enjoy the book, though I have to admit I was disappointed by the fact that the book contained some scenes where Annabelle and Clay get a little too “friendly”. This book is more PG-13 rated compared to the Hallmark movie version which is ...more
Teresa Scott
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really great and entertaining.
mandyfujita
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
It has been a while since I have read any of Stephanie Bond's books. She always created a situation that grabbed your interest right from the beginning. Just reading the synopsis got me eager to start the book and I was not disappointed.

Annabelle Coakley is a 28 year old divorce lawyer in Detroit, Michigan. The lure of the job was that Detroit Family Services would repay her school loans if she worked there for 2 years. Her father recently past away and her mother lives in Atlanta, Georgia. An
Kristi
Mar 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
One of the worst books I have ever tried to read. I only got 1/3 of the way through and I think I've only given up on about 5 books in my whole life (and I read 3 books a week). Just dreadful. Stupid plot that made no sense - why is Annabelle so anti marriage, her parents had a good relationship - why is she so disrespectful to her mother's by continually and deliberately getting Martin's name wrong. Why do both the younger people treat their parents as if they are children? And why are all 4 ma ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Free Book Cha...: Stop the Wedding!, by Stephanie Bond 2 12 Dec 02, 2012 07:48PM

• License to Thrill
  • Single & Searching
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Turnagain Love (Sisters of Spirit, #1)
  • The Huntress
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Get Bunny Love
  • Instructing an Heiress  (Cinderella Heiresses, #2)
  • Midnight Lover
  • Stealing Mercy
  • Picture Perfect
  • Running From Fate
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Close Your Eyes
  • Baby, I'm Back! (Return to Redemption, #2)
  • Whupped
  • Playing for Keeps (Pillow Talk, #3)
  • Here We Come (Aggie's Inheritance, #3)
USA TODAY bestselling author Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no f
“Fiancé. Americans had simply adopted a pronunciation from the French to sugarcoat the sticky implication of the word: Constrained. Bound. Trapped.” 1 likes
“- most people don't plan past the honeymoon. But reality sets in when it gets down to dirty socks and what's for dinner.” 1 likes