Start by marking “eloves me eloves me not” as Want to Read:
eloves me eloves me not

eloves me eloves me not

Still single at 39, Kayte Wexford has everything but Mr. Right. She has a fabulous career and interesting friends, but there’s still no one waiting at home for her but the dog.

With keyboard at the ready, she turns to technology for help, hoping online dating will finally deliver the man of her dreams.

eloves me, eloves me not is a contemporary romantic comedy that follows K
Paperback, First edition, 418 pages
Published November 9th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about eloves me eloves me not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about eloves me eloves me not

Start your review of eloves me eloves me not
Marlene
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
At 39 years old, Kayte has a good job as the Vice President of Marketing, a cute house, but no one to come home to … unless you count her loyal, furry companion, Dylan. Ever since the man she thought she would spend the rest of her life with, Simon, broke up with her four years prior, Kayte has been single. Kayte who is otherwise optimistic, happy and naturally romantic has become skeptical that she would never find true love. In the past she would reluctantly agree to be set up on dates only to ...more
M. Joseph Murphy
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know you've read a good book when it changes the way you look at the world. I don't think that was L.A. Johannesson's purpose for writing this book. In fact, I'm fairly certain I'm not even her target demographic. Nonetheless, I feel I am a slightly different person now that I've read this book.

What eloves me, eloves me not does so well is put you completely in the mind of lead character Kayte. I felt I was inside a woman's mind. For that reason alone, this is a book every man should read.

Th
Chris Betcher
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a fun read, but in particular women from 25 - 50 would probably love it.
I enjoyed this book. It has some really fun and quirky characters and a great storyline that often takes you in completely different directions to what you expected. Kayte is a likeable character and was very relatable - she reminded me a lot of someone I know! I also liked the way the story managed to weave some really good advice about online dating throughout, so that as well as having an enjoyable read, I learned a few things along the way. I enjoyed the use of technology throughout the stor ...more
OrchardBookClub
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story follows the lovelorn Kayte and her quest to find love through online dating. I found the stories of some of the men she met to be hilarious. The descriptions of how badly the date was going were definitely something that kept me reading. I got a sense that Kayte finally learned in the process of online dating what she actually wanted from a man and a relationship. Sort of a coming-of-age with her own preferences and desires. Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone lo ...more
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
If you are looking for a fun read with some fun and quirky characters you might like this book as much as I do.

This book made me laugh out loud a few times and kept me reading until the very end because I wanted to see if Kayte finds someone special.

I highly recommend this chick lit.
Nancy M
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fabulous book! A very quick read, I could not put it down - Fun and authentic - Would be a great book to relax with at the pool or beach!
Aaron (Typographical Era)
L. A. Johannesson’s debut novel eloves me, eloves me not introduces readers to thirty-nine year old Kathleen “Kayte” Wexford. She’s a single woman who will go to any lengths necessary to locate the physical manifestation of her ideal Mr. Right. To help make that happen, one of her best friends has recently introduced her to the world of online dating. Is Kayte’s soul mate out there somewhere in cyberspace just waiting to be discovered or is she destined to grow old alone? There’s only one way to ...more
Corrie
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through first reads. Thanks so much! I really enjoyed this book. The characters were relatable and likeable. I myself have never tried online dating but really loved reading about Kayte's experiences that were both funny and moving. There was also just the right amount of comedy and smut that keeps me reading. I really loved the ending it was something I was kind of expecting but a great way to end a great book. I would recommend this book to others and would love to read mo ...more
Audrey
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A well-written and compelling tale about navigating on the virtual dating scene. The characters are well drawn, the plot keeps you guessing till the last minute.
I'm usually wary about romance stories, as I've been disappointed so many times by poor writing and boring stereotypes. It was not the case here, and it was truly refreshing.
Jayne Burnett
3.5 stars - a good fun read. liked Kate who just wanted to find her soul mate.
Cathy
Apr 23, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Kat Kat
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
up early to read this. sow cuuutee :)
Hotty
Mar 07, 2013
Frank
Oct 31, 2018 added it
Shelves: fiction
Zero stars. It was obvious she was referencing the Plenty of Whatever dating site. The writing stank of the technique of a first-time author, you know, someone who uses the techniques learned in grade 8 Creative Writing class. I had to stop at page 25.
L.A. Johannesson
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rebecca NJ
Dec 22, 2012
Amanda
Dec 30, 2012
Jan 04, 2013
L. A. (Linda) Johannesson recently traded a 20+ year corporate career in marketing and communications for the fresh challenges of independent novelist and publisher.

She’s ecstatic about launching her breakout novel chronicling one woman’s unpredictable and entertaining quest to find love through online dating – eloves me, eloves me not is now available.

Hard at work on book number two, My Social Li