Start by marking “Learning to Feel” as Want to Read:
Learning to Feel

Learning to Feel

**FREE READ**

Resigned to living a sexless, loveless life, Doctor Nathan Tierney knows something is missing. In a rash decision, he leaves his life-consuming job at Mass General Hospital, Boston, to be the small-town doctor in Belfast, Maine.

With the job comes a house, and with the house comes a handyman-painter. Trent Jamieson, a nomadic artist, and his dog Bentley, are of
Published October 1st 2012 by N.R. Walker

Gigi
Re-read December, 2015 Nothing new to say. Still fucking INCREDIBLE!

Now this is what gay romance is all about people! Learning to Feel is absolute perfection for those that enjoy their M/M romance with a splash of angst and a whole hell-of-a-lot of steam.

So highly recommended you should bump this up and make it very your next read! I can't believe I waited so long myself!

*dreamy sigh* I can't wait to read it again!

This review is also posted at Gay Book Reviews

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
#indifferent #unimpressed #meh

This one didn't do much for me. Didn't really like it, didn't really not like it.

Adam
An accurate representation of me while reading the book:
description

Really, this book hit a lot of high points for me.

A small town romance.
Opposites attract.
Heavy sexual tension.
Sexual exploration.
A butt-sex virgin.
A bit of angst, but mostly fluff.
Loving and accepting family.
An adorable dog.
A sweet HEA.
Free.

Overall, 'Learning to Feel' was a great low-angst read. I'm sure I'll be visiting it again if I need a quick pick-me-up. Recommended!

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

Take happiness wherever you find it...Don't deny yourself anything.

This was a sweet, steamy and quick read about two men learning how to fall in love and finding a place where they belong.

Trent and Nathan were easy to like and damn hot together! The steam factor in this one was very, very nice.

However, I did have a bit of a hard time believing that in Nathan's entire life, he's never felt attracted to someone. No one. Ever. At all. He spent all of his time buried in his work
Trisha Harrington
OMFG I adored this story! For a freebie this was just amazing! Nothing about this story was bad for me. Sweet. Cute. Hot. Amazing. I really can't describe this story well enough. Good God I am so glad I read this but annoyed at myself for not reading it sooner.

Nathan is a doctor who isn't happy. He has an amazing family and a great job. But he works too hard and has no personal life. So he decides to move somewhere new and start fresh. When he arrives he meets his the man who's paining his house
Lena♥Ribka
DNF at 37%

I feel BAD about DNF it.

Because I hate to give the negative reviews for the books that were recommended me from my dear GR friends.(view spoiler)

Because it is a fan-fiction and nobody responds to a present from the nice people with the words: "What the hell is it?!" but thanks them instead and smiles at that. Even if it is the worst present ever.

And it is how I feel me now. Again.
Because everybody like this book and me not
Meags
4.5 Stars

I might have to go spend some time in my cave of shame. I only frequent my cave of shame when it has taken me a stupid long time to read a book I just knew would rock my socks.

Seriously, shame on me for taking so long to pick this one up! I mean, it's N.R. and it's a freebie! And if that's not enough to entice M/M readers, it is also ridiculously romantic and swoon-y.

Plus, there is a dog, you guys! A dog!!!

Yep, I heart this one, hard. <3
Mandy*reads obsessively*
It never ceases to amaze me that talented and generous authors write such great stories for free.

I have bought and read many, many, many books and some of them cost quite a bit and weren't anywhere close to being as entertaining and sweet as this one.

The blurb sums it up really well, these two guys come together at the perfect time in their life to change enough to be perfect for each other.
Add in a great dog, a fun family and some art and I'm happy.
Yes, there were some typos and stuff, so wha
Dia
4,25
I might have overdosed on the sweetness! But it was well written and super HOT!
Great freebee. I loved the epilogue!!!
Fabi
First let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed the story. The romance was both hot and sweet.

I don't normally enjoy "lack of communication" as a plot device. And, all of you familiar with my reviews know I always complain of poor editing.

In addition to those, I may be very ignorant here, but it stretched my credulity for an adult MC, who had a successful career as a hospitalist (and all the education that entails), to be so lacking in sexual experience/understanding.

On the other hand, I found Trent
Vanna
4 stars!! 💕💕 Loved it!! Such a HOT and SWEET read!! Thanks Dia for recommending it and it was super sweet since it was free on Amazon 😁.
Nathan and Trent are the perfect couple.. loved their story, how they came together despite their different backgrounds. Really liked Nathan's family too and the HEA was super awesome. Wish I could live in Belfast too! 😁😍 Highly recommended 👍
Mandapanda
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for putting up her previous fanfiction works as free reads. This is an enjoyable m/m contemporary. The sex scenes in particular are well done, plenty of them but each one moved the relationship forward.
Elsbeth
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Elsbeth by: Zainab

I loved this… This felt like a “Never ending story” Just when I thought it ended, there were more pages and an epilogue!!

Nathan, a doctor has never been happy, always felt something was missing.
He didn’t really connect with anyone except his family. He moves to a small town hoping this would change his life.

This house he stays in is currently also occupied by Trent. Trent is doing the painting of the house and he has stayed there with his dog Bentley.
Nathan is confused because his body “betrays
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up to 4 stars

I really could do without several personal pet peeves of mine: the abudant number of sex, the overused of "baby" as terms of endearment (*shudders*), shower solo-jerk off, and the falling in love in less than a month. The quick love works in N.R. Walker's Sixty Five Hours because of the intense situation the MCs are thrown into. However, in here, I wish it takes a bit longer.

HOWEVER, the things outside all of those are REALLY TRULY good!!

Some emotional moments. A
Bev
**Review dated 2012**

I love these gentle freebies from the author. This is a real 'feelgood' read, and I put it on a par with another one from her website '65 Hours' and it's successor '65 Hours Christmas' both of which are awesome, and which I've managed to download onto my Kindle. Granted, some of the spelling, grammar and punctuation could be better, but hey, they're freebies, she does say that they're not checked and anyway what do you get for nothing nowadays!

This was fabulous story about
Eva
Sweet. Cute. Hot. Amazing. I really can't describe this story well enough.

Nathan was a busy doctor who never felt happy, especially when it came to romance. Trent was a painter who once broke his heart from loving someone. They were thrown into a house together. Plus Bentley, Trent's dog who played pretty important role in this story.

Would they find each other?
Or insecurities kept them from FEELING?

“His breathing hitched, but he nodded. I knew he loved me. It was there in front of me, on c
Isabel
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love N.R. Walker!!! What else can I say?!!! She's an amazing writer, she writes fabulous books, and she is extremely generous! This book is free!!! That's right! It's impressive that some of the best books that I ever read, are free books! It's incredible the generosity of these authors, that are willing to share their gift for free!!!

And this book is the beautiful story of Nathan and Trent! It's romantic, emotional, exciting and specially a warm heart book!!!

photo 7685c8c0-91d0-4f42-a1f4-251d5cc8c7a7_zpsed20ae58.jpg

Have I ever told that I love (vie
I~❤️~Books
This has been a lovely and quite relaxing read for me.Sweet,fun and hot romance with minimal angst.Nathan and Trent were so sweet and sexy as hell together.I loved this book
 photo 482596_zpsipugj91k.gif
Victoria  love books
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazing, mm, mm-sweet
4.8 feeling stars

"They say love is blind," he said with a shrug, "but I think it had perfect vision."

This was magical!!!

Dr Nathan Tierney

Trent Jamieson
description

I truly loved this story it was funny, witty, sad and so full of love and happiness. It was a story of being different and knowing it's ok. About family and friends and the love they share and acceptance, of love that is infinity.

Candice
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family, gfy, romantic, sweet
This was a free read and I read that this started as a fanfiction and I have to say that for me it was better than a lot of books out there that you pay for. I really enjoyed these two and loved Bentley. I realize that the plot of gfy and instant attraction has been done over and over again, maybe it was just my mood and the timing of when I read it, but for me it was perfect. It could have done with less sex scenes, but thoroughly enjoyable and I really liked that we got a complete story with a ...more
R * A Reader Obsessed *
This was very nice fluff depicting a man trying to make something more out of his life than work. Asexual Nathan realizes he needs a change and that change comes quickly in the form of new temporary housemate Trent, whom he finds immediately attractive. He falls hard into lust and overall accepts this new development with minimum fuss. Nathan (and Trent) do learn to feel, live, and be true to their wants and desires. This is feel good stuff and you can't complain cuz it's free :)
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4 Feeling Together Stars ****

Meet Dr Nathan....
 photo dr_zpsvxeo9ulu.jpg

Nathan is not happy with this life. He loves being a doctor and has worked very hard to become on of the best. He works hard and plays.....not even a little. With no love interest in his life or foreseeable future, Nathan takes a job at a small town hospital 3 hours away. Hoping the slower pace town and country living helps him find real happiness.

Meet handyman Trent...
 photo trent_zpsle2diyal.jpg

He is currently living in Nathan's new house, hired as a handy man to g
Rach
AMAZING! LOVED IT! Yet another brilliant book by N.R. Walker!

I really am not sure how she keeps on doing this! But each book I have read by her has been bloody amazing.

Trent is so patient and loving and gentle with Nathan. Constantly telling Nathan to just 'feel'

Well I tell you something I 'felt' it. I felt every darn touch. Never mind Nathan!

Nathan always senses there is something missing from his life yet doesn't seem to realise what it is until he meets Nathan *sigh*

I cannot believe this is
Katrina Passick Lumsden
It's difficult to rate this one because, while I thought the story was sweet, it was rather inexpertly told, and there were enough writing issues to keep an editor busy for a while. Incorrect word usage... Like "court marshaled"... And spots where the tense switched from present to past, sometimes within the span of a single sentence. And then sometimes, the writing just plain didn't make sense:

"Trent was nervous, and although I doubted my brother or his wife would notice it, but I did."

With s
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
I really liked this book. Sure I had a few issues which I'll get to, but overall nice feel good romance. I'm on a MM streak right now and found this one for FREE!

Nathan has never been really attracted to someone in his life. He doesn't know why but he does know that something is missing. He makes a choice to leave city life and the busy ER scene to move to a small down in need of a doctor.

The job comes with a house. What he wasn't expecting was a roommate that was staying tgere while to finishi
Simon
Oct 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stars means I liked it.
Lovely characters and I include the dog, Bentley here.
Far too much sex, far too much. The first 60% of this story is taken up with the protagonists getting together and having sex, lots and lots of sex! I was, quite frankly bored. If it had not been for the last 40%, this story would have been a 2 x star read....for me.
Now I know and appreciate that lots of readers love graphic descriptions of male on male sex but...I've been there, literally, and I don't need or wa
Kaje Harper
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is a sweet freebie about a dedicated doctor who thought he was basically asexual, who leaves his overworked life behind for a year as a small-town GP, and meets the guy who will show him what it's like to feel desire, attraction and eventually love. The story has a simple arc, two appealing MCs and a great dog. There is a fair bit of hot sex, a little angst and a few nice turns of phrase. A warm gift from the author to readers.
Emma Sea
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another charming free story. Took me a little longer to get into this one, compared to Sixty-Five Hours, but totally worth it.

Walker writes relationships so well. Often authors write the angsty part well, and the together part is a let down, but Walker captures the special day-to-day spark that marks my favourite fictional OTPs.

Heller
3.5

A sweet coming out romance about a doctor and a painter. Freebie! This was pretty light hearted and angst free but there was one thing that I didn't like about it:

(view spoiler)
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • Shawn's Voice
  • Lazy Sundays (Lazy Days #1)
  • An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • #First Impressions #Second Chances
  • Whistle Blowing
  • Busted (Wellington Guys #1)
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • El Presidio Rides North
  • Pillow Talk
  • You and a Billion Blue Tiles
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa
“Trent grinned and winked at him. "Just a heel click of my ruby slippers away, baby.” 1 likes
“I remembered when I’d told my family I was moving to Belfast, their reactions were the same.  “IRELAND?” I’d laughed.  “Uh, no.  Belfast, Maine.  It’s a twelve month position.” 0 likes