Start by marking “Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1)

Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  307 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Be careful what you wish for. When the breakup of her family forces Grae White’s mother to move her two children from their privileged city life to her hometown in the mountains of Virginia, all Grae wants is to be invisible in her new life. But that’s rather hard when everyone knows that her father is the latest headline-grabbing white collar criminal, the most popular bo ...more
Published September 14th 2012 by Two Southern Belles Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Angel **Book Junkie**
maybe it isn't fair to rate a book when you have been stuck in a reading rut..the last few days when not one book jumps out at you and says READ me. I think the story line was okay but, it took to long to get to the plot of the story. I felt like moving into the mansion took forever and Grae's father was just a jerk! while writing the review I felt it was a 2.5 stars but since I couldn't give that I felt that maybe it would be a three I didn't hate it but, did not love it either.
Cara
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review: Grae has just been thrown into the adventure of a lifetime. Her father has been just been thrown in jail for fraud. Her mother, her, and her brother Perry are forced to start over with a clean slate. They used to be rich and have want for nothing. They have to learn how to be poor. So they move to a mansion that their Grandfather keeps up. This mansion is said to be haunted by ghosts, and have lots of secrets. The history of Graham Mansion isn't a very happy one, and there was a lot of t ...more
Sherry Fundin
I love ghosts and haunted houses. I find Redemption so fascinating, because this is about a real mansion and – guess what – it is really HAUNTED. That gives the novel a little something extra that makes me want to find out more.

It is up to you to decide what is fact and what is fiction.

Clara, the ghost of the mansion, made herself known to Kat.

Kat knew she would not rest until she found the truth.

She asked her Grandpa to tell her the story of Graham Mansion and her journey began.

“We’ve got to be
Diana
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The White's

This is an amazing story of present day tragedy to a family and their livelihood. Moving from the big city to the Blue Ridge Mountains and an old mansion with a lot of stories inside. A young woman who makes a trip back in time and learns a lot about the hardships of early day America.
The book grabbed me and wouldn't let go from start to finish. If you enjoy time travel, old mansions with ghosts and believing, this is for you.
Shalon Brooks
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Good Book

This book was good. I wasn't blown away by it, but it was good. Grea is a likeable, relatable character and it will fun to see what other adventures she goes on, but I'm not jumping out of my skin to get a hold of the next book. Good story, I would recommend it.
Gerri
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable Read

Grae, the story's main character was easy to get attached to as I read this story. Her adventures in this time and in the past had a nice flow to them. I look forward to reading more of her adventures.
Angie
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline

Great job on this book. I can't wait to start the second book. If you like time travel books this one is for you.
Carole Beasley
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I love this book would recommend it to anyone it is full of love history and reflection. It also has suttle thoughts which give way to lessons of life.
Carla G Brining
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very Interesting

This was an excellent book. It held my interest and took me back in time along with Grae. The portrayal of the old South was believable.
Carla J.
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Turn Back Time

A wonderful blend of today and yesterday. Lots of history wrapped in mystery. Can't wait to read the next in the series!!
Cyndi
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Loved the time travel aspect and that it was based on historical events. Historical fiction is fun to read. "What if" is a good question to ask.
Cara
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darla Spratt
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Legends

I found this book on facebook, and clicked on it d/t the "time travel" aspect. It sounded interesting. I had enjoyed another historical time travel series, and was intrigued as to what kind of adventures would occur. I was not disappointed. I love to read mysteries. and the mysteries of a time long past truly interest me. I look forward to reading more!☺
Sheri
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1) by Rosa Lee Jude

Grae White is forced to move with her brother and mother to the mountains of Virgina, her mothers childhood home The Graham Mansion. Feeling like an out cast, everyone in this town knows of the crime that put her father in prison, breaking up the family and bringing them to her grandfathers mansion.

Grae decides she wants to find out the history of the house, learn about the people who used to live there and on the property, but what she
Grace
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
I wish I could give this book another star, because it was better than the other free kindle books I have read so far, but it still could have used a lot of work. This story is interesting and I liked most of the characters, but it was all very simple and even a bit cheesy in some parts. While it was an entertaining read, it wasn't as compelling as other time travel stories I have read, though I can see some people really enjoying it.

I would have considered reading the next one, but I'm honestly
Sylvia Poole
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Story !

I so enjoyed this book:) I just visited the mansion for the first time during Halloween season 2014 and had a Blast, but I fell in love with the Beautiful Mansion and wanted to know more about it. This is a great fictional story which really makes you think that history in Black and White maybe wasn't quit so. We only know what the court records tell us but could've been so different.
I just ordered the rest of the series and can't wait til they get here to get started!!
Cory
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
After her dad is sent to prison for stealing tons of money from a lot of people, Grae, her brother, and her mom lose everything and had to move back to Virginia with their grandpa. things start happening at the mansion where they are currently living (where the grandpa is caretaker). Grae starts feeling curious about the history of the mansion and decides to dig into it... only to find herself traveling through time to know what really happened and solve a mystery.

Really enjoyed this mix of his
Candy
Jan 23, 2014 added it
A very nice surprise

I really enjoyed this first book, I am also very anxious to continue reading this series. I like the characters, the history, and the twist. I thought it was well written and like the fact that the author didn't use stupid silly teens to tell the story. Very family oriented.
Gin Tadvick
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting story about an area of Virginia I know but obviously not well enough. Makes me want to road trip to check out the Mansion that the series are based upon.
My father's family was from Southwestern Virginia and my grandmother's house was over 200 years old and growing up, I knew there were ghosts there. Redemption brought those memories back for me.
Spoiledduchess
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It started a little bit slow, and needs a little more editing polish, but I truly enjoyed the story and the characters. It's an easy entertaining read, great for young adults and older ones as well. I look forward to reading the rest of the series and learning more about Graham Mansion and it's inhabitants past and present.
Kerry Lee Buckler
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Wanted to learn more about a local landmark, and was pleasantly surprised by the way the author spun the story using historical locations and residents to build an imaginary world in the past as well as current day. Well done..... I recommend this fiction to locals and readers of all ages. I hope they enjoy it as much as I have!
Rebecca
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected

It took me until the second part of the book to really get into it. Once I did it was hard to put down. I didn't really expect it to be like it was which was nice. So many books like this are very predictable. Good story.
mirba
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: timetravel, ya
Nice!
I usually hate time travel book. They all end up in medieval time, and are all more or less quite boring.

This one I liked. I liked the context, the story, the family problems etc. It is a quite unique story, very well written and researched.
Melanie Mason
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story. Fun time travel romp.

Great book. I loved the premise. At first there were a few errors that distracted me, but then I got lost in the story.
Linda Cole
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unique

This book made have been made for a younger crowd but I became caught up in the story. I will probably read the next
jeffrey c robinson
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rating

A very good read. Kept me up late to finish the next chapter. I highly recommend this story. Good job!
Joe Vitucci
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
going back in time, and then returning with knowledge is something I enjoy. very interesting and historical, will read more of the series.
Midget Cline
Unique

Moves a bit slow in parts, predictable storyline. The character development was solid. Obvious time and energy were spent on researching time, place and people.
Kimberly
Jan 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I would recommend this for middle schoolers and early high school. It was interesting but the ending was kind of "meh" even for a book that's part of a series.
Susan Gazaway
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great!

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was interesting and kept my attention. I love a good spooky story. I can't wait for the next.
FREE on Amazon Kindle Today - February 14, 2013 1 3 Feb 14, 2013 03:31PM
  • Time of Death
  • First Time: The Legend Of Garison Fitch
  • Perfectly Twisted (C.O.R.E. Above the Law, #1)
  • Of Ocean and Ash (Falling in Deep Collection)
  • The Middle Aisle (Lancaster House)
  • Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders (Lady Justice, #11)
  • Kill and Run (Thorny Rose Mysteries, #1)
  • Light a Candle for the Beast
  • Taking the Fall
  • Island Ghosts
  • Deadly Road
  • Blood on the Bayou (Cafferty and Quinn #3.6; 1001 Dark Nights #34)
  • Life After Dane
  • Kittens Can Kill (Pru Marlowe, #5)
  • Finding the Baby Jesus
  • Not In Time (Lost Art Investigations, #1)
  • Terror Never Sleeps (Jack Gunn, #2)
  • Bad Traffick (Leine Basso, #2)

Legends of Graham Mansion (5 books)
  • Ambition (Legends of Graham Mansion)
  • Deception (Legends of Graham Mansion #3)
  • Salvation (Legends of Graham Mansion #4)
  • Revelation (Legends of Graham Mansion #5)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Ready to Kill (Nathan McBride, #4)
    $5.99 $2.00