Start by marking “Softly Say Goodbye” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Softly Say Goodbye

Erin Sellers, an eighteen-year-old high school senior, hates teen drinking. She and her three friends – Bill, her guy, Shari and Jake - decide to use Twitter to stop a group, the Kewl Krew, from using their high school as the local bar. But the members of this group are just as determined to stop anyone from messing up their fun. Despite veiled threats to her safety, Erin ...more
Published October 27th 2012 by Solstice Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Softly Say Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Softly Say Goodbye

Start your review of Softly Say Goodbye
April Erwin
Nov 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
KC Sprayberry has done a great job of allowing the reader to see through younger eyes with a new perspective. Too many of todays YA books fail to represent the youth that are responsible, moral and driven to help others.

Erin and her crew aren't your typical selfish teens. They see what underage drinking does to their friends and their families and they want to make a difference. Taking a stand costs them all a great deal, but they have families that support them and help them stay strong. What a
Debra Hartmann
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Book Review - "Softly Say Goodbye" by KC Sprayberry - 5 Stars and a "Make Your Teen Read This!" Shout Out!

If you are looking for a book to put in the hands of your teenager, this is it. The author successfully brought me back to my own days in high school and though the lingo and terms used have changed a LOT, I was able to quickly learn and follow along. This is important; your teens are more likely to read something written in their language and hip style that they can relate to. There will pr
Teresa Nordheim
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
‘Softly Say Goodbye’ introduces young adult readers to several incredible characters and one huge dilemma, underage drinking.
When a group of high school students, known as the Kewl Krew, begin filling their water bottles with alcohol, everyone seems to be turning their backs. Other students fear retaliation for ratting out the offenders and teachers seem to be ignoring the growing problem.
One high school senior isn’t afraid to share the facts with anyone who will listen. Erin Sellers begins to
Jessica Tornese
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sprayberry gives a glimpse into the pressures of teen life, both social and emotional. With a mixture of tragedy and relief, Sprayberry weaves a story of strong emotions that portray real life results when underage teens mess with drinking. Main character, Erin Sellers, is a tribute to strong teens who don't struggle with their identity. Her support group of friends help her face the Kewl Krew, a group of teens intent on bringing down everyone around them while drinking at school. All too often, ...more
Kay LaLone
Nov 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't help but cry with Erin. KC has developed such real characters that I connected with them. This book is about teen drinking and the problems it can cause. But this story is also about love, friendship, and family. Thank you for a good cry as well as a good read.
Suzanne Montigny
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kathi Sprayberry has done it again. She's created a feel good story that not only deals with strong teen issues, but has us cheering for the heroine in the end. I stopped thinking of Erin as 'a teenager' early on in the book and began loving her like a daughter. Her strength is inspiring. I highly recommend this book to any teen.
Nik Morton
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a believable and heart-rending YA look at teen drinking, which includes tragic consequences. You might need a tissue for this one.
Penelope Bartotto
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are times when you start a book that it takes a bit of time to get in the flow of the story, this was the initial case for me. Once I hit the flow of this fabulous story, I was compelled to read it as fast as I could. I was then compelled to start spreading the word about the message this book is sending - teen drinking is a problem. Wait, don't turn away and think I am going to preach to you about the topic, that is for another time and another place.
I want you to read this review to disc
Christina M Condy
This book is amazing! As the mother of teenagers, I can attest to having the "drinking" discussion. You have no idea how many times I've told them about drinking and driving. Well perhaps you know since many of you are mothers as well. This book is a perfect example to give to your teenager. It is done in such a tasteful manner, but the message is loud and clear. For every action there is a counter action and in the case of drinking and driving those actions can be disastrous!

The characters in t
Michael Thal
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-novels
Erin Sellers, a senior at Landry High School, has the normal stresses of any Georgia graduating student. She has End of Course Exams (EOCs) to worry about as well as a state graduation test. But now, Mr. Janks, her favorite teacher, expects his students to perform an art EOC by painting murals around the community in an effort to clean up a drab downtown area.

Erin enlists her friends—boyfriend Bill, BFFs Shari and Tiana, and a few others to help with the task of painting the murals she’s planni
Julia
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
KC Sprayberry really knows how to lay it all out for everyone to read. This book had me wondering when I should talk to my own children about peer pressure and drinking. Although my oldest states she will never even touch alcohol I know that conversation is coming up fast. Bullying and such is one thing the pressure of drugs and alcohol is quite another. As of now I'm just having to deal with bullying.

Erin Steller's is a head strong teen against drinking, especially teen drinking. If one is of a
A.A. Schenna
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Softly Say Goodbye

K.C Sprayberry is a multi-genre author who comes up with ideas from the strangest sources. Some of her short stories have appeared in anthologies, others in magazines. Softly Say Goodbye, Take Chances, Lost & Scared, Inits, Where U @, Canoples Investigations Tackles Space Pirates, Canoples Investigations Versus Spacers Rule, Paradox Lost: Their Path, The Curse of Grungy Gulley, Evil Eyes, The Wrong One, and Softly Say Goodbye are international best sellers. Who Am I? (a YA nove
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
was a good book...hard for me to get into...but about 30% in and I couldn't give up I had ot know what happened....was very sad and a very touching subject
K.C. Sprayberry
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: young-adult, my-books
Vivek
Mar 08, 2013
K.C. Sprayberry
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, young-adult
J.D. Holiday
Oct 09, 2018
Lili
rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2020
May 01, 2013
Maisha
May 04, 2013
'softly Say Goodbye' is breathtaking 1 3 Nov 25, 2012 10:39AM
Living a dream she’s had since she first discovered the magic of books, former California native, K.C. Sprayberry traveled the U.S. and Europe before finally settling in the mountains of Northwest Georgia. She’s been married to her soulmate for nearly a quarter of a century and they enjoy spoiling their grandchildren along with many other activities.

A multi-genre author, K.C. Sprayberry is always