Start by marking “Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8)” as Want to Read:
Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8)

Untouchable

(Immortals After Dark #8)

In this paranormal story from the Deep Kiss of Winter anthology, #1 New York Times best-selling author Kresley Cole delivers a breathtaking tale about a brutal vampire soldier who experiences love for the first time...and a Valkyrie aching to be touched.

Murdoch Wroth will stop at nothing to claim Daniela the Ice Maiden -- the delicate Valkyrie who makes his heart beat
Audiobook
Published September 3rd 2013 by Simon Schuster Audio

Candace
I have been listening to the Audible version of the books in this series and the narration has been great for each one. This is the eight book in the 'Immortals After Dark' series and this series still manages to hold my interest. With each new book, I get another couple to discover as they fall in love with each other.

This time around, we get the story of Murdoch and Daniela. Like Naomi, Daniela cannot be touched by her mate. However, Dani's inability to be touched is due to her ice fae herita
Sammy Loves Books
This review is for "Untouchable"

3.5 "This Vampire Sucked Ass" Stars

Murdoch Wroth

Murdoch

Murdoch is one of the famous Wroth brothers. They are all Forebearer Vampires, which means they do not drink from human flesh. Murdoch used to be a man whore, never sleeping with the same woman twice. He always made sure his lovers were pleased because positive word of mouth was the best advertisement.

When Murdoch was turned into a vampire 300 years ago, he lost all desire for sex. Not only did his heart stop beatin
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I had a hard time figuring out which direction to take this installment.

Was it going to be

Fetish Cafe : Frozen

or perhaps

Fetish Cafe : Ice Ice Baby

But if we're going to go cheesy, let's do it full force.

Meanwhile, on 90's throwback night at the cafe...

Me : *trying to make eye contact with the waitress who has passed my table more than 10 times* Hi?

Waitress : One sec. I promise, I will be right with you.

***10 minutes later***

Waitress : I am SO sorry. It's been a madhouse in here. Demons always sh
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, audio-2015
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

UNTOUCHABLE piggybacked off of many of the previous installments in this series which gave it a “been there, done that” quality. Murdoch & Daniela’s relationship was somewhat similar to Naomi & Conrad’s from book 5 in that physical contact was impossible, and both stories featured a Wroth brother. The plot was shaky, and seemed more intent on recapping past IMMORTALS AFTER DARK happenings while also introducing new characters instead of giving the two leads their
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Let's see, I liked the beginning. I really liked their first meeting. It's violent and bloody. I also liked the glimpse of Danii's world. After that, though, it goes downhill. If you ignore the steamy parts, Danii and Murdoch turn Untouchable into a YA-like story.
Of course they aren't young adults. They are hundreds of years old. That doesn't stop them. Not even Nix and her antics could have made it better.

Although the story is placed as an eighth story (no idea why), you can read it right afte
AJ
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The 8th book in the Immortals After Dark series brings us the story of the fourth and final of the Wroth brothers – Murdoch. In his human life, Murdoch was a ‘love-em-and-leave-em’ kind of guy, until he was turned into a vampire and rendered unable to be with a woman until he met his fated mate. Now, 300 years later, an encounter with a fierce and intriguing valkyrie makes his heart beat again and he finds himself ‘blooded’ to Daniela the Ice Maiden.

Danii is part ice-fey, making her skin is ice-
KatieV
3.5 stars rounded up. I really liked the turn around in this one. It's usually the heroine who has trouble committing to the hero who is mega possessive/obsessed from day one.

The hero is mega possessive/obsessed from day one, but he fights it (rather than the other way around, which tends to be the hallmark of the series). He was a big manho in his mortal life and just can't quite get past this sudden obsession with one woman and the fact that his charming BS doesn't work on Dani.

This was appar
Inka
Даниела. Ледената девица. Ледената кралица. Наполовина валкирия, наполовина леденя фея Даниела живее потънала в самота. Майка й, кралицата на ледените феи е убита, а трона й завзет, когато Дани е още дете, затова тя живее при валкириите във вечна борба с убийците изпращани от узорпатора на трона й. Освен това, тъй като е наполовина ледена фея, Дани не може да докосва никой, който не е ледена фея. Различията в телесната й температура я карат да изпитва агонизираща болка, всеки път щом бъде докосн ...more
D.G.
What a bounty of cheesy goodness!

Everybody and their dog knows I listen to this series because I like the narration. As usual, Robert Petkoff was all out and I love him for it! I just wish the plot would make the narration justice.

The plot in this book differed from the rest of the series - instead of him chasing her, SHE wanted the relationship while he wasn't very crazy about the fated mates business. But after a while, their relationship devolved into a lot of fighting and I didn't see how th
ShoSho
reread by audio
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story
3.5

Included in Deep Kiss of Winter
Gege86
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read it as a part of Deep kiss of winter.
And it brought back sweet memories about the previous IAF. I really enjoy it a lot, and don't let me start talking about the epilog, beyond amazing really.
☕️Kimberly
The timeline of Murdoch Wroth and Daniela's story overlaps those of the previous Wroth brothers and Cole managed quite well. While each book works on its own, I highly recommend reading them in order. Timelines, key characters, and a Seer name Nix enhance the stories the further we progress into the series.

After 300 years, Murdoch finds his fated mated and his heart begins beating. I was very curious to learn Murdoch story. He has popped in and out of the previous books and Cole even hinted abou
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
This book was boring. So boring that I played games on my device while I read it to make sure I didn't doze off.

Why was it boring: Murdoch was so not into having a relationship, being blooded, anything. He just wanted to hump Daniela and be on his merry vampire way. But since she's an Ice fey and he couldn't touch her without burning her and causing her agony, he couldn't wham, bam, thank you ma'am her....which made him really irritable and unkind to her. She was nice, but boring...happy to pla
Ezinwanyi
Vampire Murdoch, one of the Wroth brothers, finally finds his mate Daniela the Ice Maiden, but this is one Valkyrie he cannot touch. Since she is part ice fey, if you touch her skin, it burns her. That also means that Murdoch cannot claim her for his own as he cannot bed her nor bite her. These two become frustrated trying to figure out how they are supposed to be together, but can't be together. Is there any way to overcome the ice queen's condition?

I liked this story more than the other vampir
Jean
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok

I didn't realize this was the same book as book 7...

This book was about Daniela, another Valkyrie, and Murdoch Wroth.

I liked the beginning until Murdoch started acting stupid, he is my least favorite of the Wroth brothers.

He has been celibate for 300 years but he can't give his Bride some time?

Daniela was the only Valkyrie that I could tolerate and the author put her with the Weakest Link..

And, why keep information about the Lore from turned vampires, the Forebearers?

They are still vampires whet
B.A. Wilson
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to B.A. by: Laurie Frasher
An interesting change of pace. And who isn't fascinated by a girl made of cold and ice? That never gets old, in my opinion. Not when it's well done.

The world just grew in a direction I didn't expect it to grow. Cole does a good job of taking something that could become very repetitive and making each new story seem different.

Pages: 350
Ty
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
my 2000th read book on GR!

once again, Robert Petkoff wins at life.
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good addition to the series. I liked both Murdoch and Daniela and was happy that they found a way to be together.

Daniela the Ice Maiden is a Valkyrie that is part Ice fey. She exists at a colder temperature than others and if she overheats she'll die. She also has the issue that if she touches someone, it causes her physical pain. She acts like the lack of touch doesn't bother her but inside she's lonely and wants someone that can touch her desperately.

Murdoch is a
Mel
It's official, Murdoch is by far my least favorite of the Wroth brothers. In turn, I wasn't a big fan of Untouchable, Immortals After Dark #8, even though I did like Daniela the Ice Maiden quite a bit.

So, what was my issue with the book? A good portion of it was regurgitated information from the other Wroth brother's books due to multiple jumps in time (to accommodate Danii and her issues). Though it was a different spin on the Vampire Bride mythos, which was appreciated, Murdoch was a great bi
Denise H.
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love a Kresley Cole story, especially this series ! Yummy.
...deep and fun characters, hot sex, and adventure ! This whole series is wonderful. I've read them ALL and loved each one.
ENJOY !
Elaine
This wasn't one of Cole's best entries in the IAD series. I was a bit bummed that this was really only "half a story" since this one was shorter than her other IAD books. I loved seeing Murdoch find his love - even if he really seemed to be the one that made all the sacrifices here. Danii might have been keeping her icy exterior up to protect her heart, but at times she truly came across as uncaring to the anguish Murdoch was going through at being unable to wrap up his bride into his arms. Also ...more
Rebekah
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
We met the Murdoch brothers many books ago, there are 4 of them Nikolai, Sebastian, Conrad and Murdoch. We are FINALLY GETTING Murdoch's story. When he was human he was a known as a real ladies man that has gone down in history as a womanizer despite being a warrior.

Murdoch does not drink blood directly from the source. This practice makes him a forebarrer.
Daniela is a part Valkyrie and Ice fae, and just happens to be the rightful heir to the Ice Kingdom.

This leads to Daniela constantly being
Melanie
I greatly enjoyed this story. I was not expecting it to be as long as it was, since it was only part of the book, but it was 250 pages or so. Danii and Murdoch have a huge hurtle in front of them. Daniela is part Iceren and cannot be touched by anyone with a normal body tempature or they will burn here. Murdoch is a "manwhore" who has a bride that he cannot touch without burning her and causing extreme amounts of pain.

This story brings several couples from other IAD books, including all of Murdo
Shell
This is a re-listen and I'm sad to say it wasn't as good the 2nd time around. I kept wanting shake both characters into some sense and the overall storyline kept lagging. The narration was superb, which makes me wish the plot was as well.
Canan  ^^
Ben bunu okudum ama işaretlememişim demek ki :)
Thenia
The story of Murdoch Wroth, vampire, and Daniela the Ice Maiden, half Valkyrie, half ice fae.

Murdoch gets blooded by Daniela, a seemingly delicate Valkyrie that he saves from an ambush, and is understandably upset when he realizes that he cannot touch her, since his touch brings her pain.

Daniela has always wanted someone to call her own, but her condition made her believe that that was something that was never going to happen for her. Her initial happiness at the realization that Murdoch could b
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Untouchable is the eighth story in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series and can be found in the Deep Kiss of Winter anthology (print or ebook) or on it's own as an audiobook. I read it as part of the anthology so I've not listened to the audio version and can't comment on that.

We've already met all of the Wroth brothers in previous books and we've seen hints of Murdoch and Dani's romance in the other brother's stories so I was really looking forward to spending more time with them. Unfortu
Isabel Luna
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Ha sido refrescante ver una historia de esta serie q resulta inusual comparada con las otras. Por 1a vez veo a un Inmortal q encuentra a su "compañera" y no salta de alegría y empieza una persecución a lo OJ Simpson mientras la fémina en cuestión huye despavorida. Al contrario aquí el q parece huir es Murdoch. Creo que ambos personajes quedan muy logrados, incluso Murdoch q técnicamente no "puede" pero q emocionalmente sigue tan ligón como cuando era humano. Y Dani con su intocablez es resulta m ...more
Gillian Murrell
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I was disappointed in this book after the last few books I expected more of a story. A lot of this very short book was covering what had already happened in some of the other books. The Wroth brother's play a large part in the series, Murdoch Wroth and Daniela the Ice Maiden could have easily been a very interesting tale but it was just skimmed over particularly Daniela's story. Daniela was made to look weak unlike previous Valkyarie who have been such strong and interesting characters.
  • Of Blood and Passion (Vamp City, #3)
  • Cajun With Fangs (Jane Yellowrock, #4.1)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Playing Easy to Get (B.A.D. Agency #1.5; Vikings Underground #3; Immortals After Dark #1)
  • Flirting with Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas #5)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld #10)
  • Born to Die (Blood Red Bells Saga, #1)
  • Rusted Veins (Sabina Kane, #5.5)
  • ハイスクールDxD 8 アクマのおしごと
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
  • Christmas With the Alphas (Claimed #7.5)
  • Succubi Like It Hot (Succubus Diaries, #2)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)