Start by marking “The Billionaire's Secrets” as Want to Read:
The Billionaire's Secrets

The Billionaire's Secrets

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  1,128 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Love on the Rock…

When Chloe Winters answers an advertisement seeking a private tutor for a six-year-old girl, little does she know it means relocating from metropolitan Boston to an isolated mansion on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Newfoundland. Nor does she realize the little girl's widower father is Gaelan Byrne, a billionaire alpha-male type whose brooding g
Published December 11th 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published June 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Billionaire's Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billionaire's Secrets

A. Gorman
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading The Billionaire's Secrets. I like reading books about the rich and their way with common people.

Gaelan and Chloe are the main characters with his drama thrown in the mix. Chloe his hired to be a teacher and companion to Gaelan's daughter Sophia. Due to Gaelan's past drama with a previous teacher, his wife and his brother, he is is unable to trust any female to teach Sophia unless she is old as a grandmother.

Gaelan didn't trust Chloe when she first came to Widow's Cliff. He thou
Brenda
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is hard for me to rate. It's not exactly great literature. The love scenes were ridiculous and over the top. There were references to the lead characters' genitals as 'his sex' and 'her sex'. Still, the book drew me in and was hard to put down.

The author is actually two people with a pen name. I am pretty sure they are male and embarrassed about writing a romance novel. In one scene, the female lead's dress drops to the floor and with it falls her pantyhose and underwear. Only men woul
Melissa
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded this book because I found it for FREE and thought it sounded good.
After the first two chapters I decided that I would have purchased this book if I had read the sample.

Chloe is moving on from the end of one relationship and the loss of her teaching job as a result, so the decision to accept a position as a teacher for a little girl and relocate is an easy one. Billionaire Gaelan Byrne nearly runs her down as she is walking to his home after being left by the bus upon her arrival. He
Tonileg
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, romance
Love at first site, crazy disappearance that only the super rich can pull off, sex lies and twin brothers, pregnancy on the first time, cute six year old daughter with a hot rich widower father, and the nicest teacher in the world.
Chloe Winters answers an advertisement for a retired teacher to tutor one child, but the job is in a rural mansion in middle of no where, Newfoundland, Canada. Immediately she is almost killed by the widower, Gaelan Byrne with his huge expensive car on the lonely road
Paula Legate
When I first started reading this book, I didn't think I would like it. Chloe the heroine pulled me right into the story. Gaelan the Hero of the story started out being a cold, mean man. I'm glad I kept reading.
This story had so many twist, and turns and surprises that just left me shocked. I love a good book, that you can't guess the outcome. This turned out to be a sweet love story. It didn't start out that way at all. Gaelan had been hurt before. He is now a single father. He hired Chloe to
liane
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
There was plenty of moments in the book where I was always questioning Gaelan because he is so close off in the beginning of the book but with good reason.

The relationship between Chloe and Gaelan is rush in this book but I kind of got the feeling it was to show how much they love each and how even though they had relationships before this is real love.

There is twists that I didn't see coming but nothing is really left unanswered.

Nice sweet read.
Ashley Brown
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I read it in the span of a day and the love story filled my heart with that lovely giddy feeling a good book gives you. Love it being in Newfoundland also so close to my home Provence that it makes the story even more real to me. Also loved the twists in this book and did not predict any of them before they happened! Great book!
Amanda Fiore
Dec 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book was terrible. It was extremely rushed, corny and unrealistic. I made it 60% through it before I just gave up. Call it what you will but I need some literary foreplay before it hops right into the plot of the book. I mean they speak like what, two times and in less than a week in love? I just felt completely disconnected from the characters.
Poonam
I really liked it.It was a good love story. And love the hero Gaelan Bryne and his cute little daughter.So much secrets and distrust between the twins brothers Gaelan and Bowen.I love the ending too.What a twist at the end too.
Melissa
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this e-book up as a freebie (i think). It had been sitting on my kindle for a while. An okay short love story. Great twist near the end. I was more interested in her teaching since the love relationship was a bit far-fetched. At least I read the whole book :)
Julie
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Shanna
Jun 20, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because it was a nice love story. Did it move rather quickly?...yes. Was it somewhat predictable?...yes. But overall I was entertained and didn't put it down. Good job Meadow!
Heather
Jul 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF on pace 90. I didn't feel that the story was original or that the characters were likable. I also disliked how the heroine was attracted to the hero when he had been nothing but nasty to her and cold towards his child.
Jackie Ensley
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Good start but downhill fast, very predictable
Just
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Love at first sight to the man with the dark brooding eyes, who was really nasty to you - yada, yada, yada.
Pat
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I won this book in a giveaway, so I don't want to be too critical. The story was not that believable and very rushed. It had it's good points and was very short.
Sep 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
After reading Falling for Rain I was really excited to read more from this author. I started The Billionaire's Secret and thought oh this is going to be so good! The opening scene where Chloe and Gaelan meet on the road was just great. I loved it. So I thought aright! This is going to be great. Gaelan will be the moody, brooding, grumpy guy and slowly Chloe will melt his heart and they will fall in love and everything will be wonderful. Unfortunately it was not really like that and it went downh ...more
Stacey
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it
i thought this book was quite interesting. in some cases it was very predictable. but sometimes i was taken by surprise.

i actually hated Gaelan at first, he was so rude and cold. he nearly ran Chloe over then he doesn't even help her pick up her things or give her a ride back to the house, let alone say sorry.

the way he acted to Sophie was just disgraceful. i don't even care about his reasons. if Windy and Chloe managed to love Sophie why couldn't he. i even fell in love with her as soon as she
Marsha
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I will be honest, I am just an average woman in an average world who is very much o.k. with this. So, why do I seem to seek out books with billionaires who fall in love with everyday women? Not for the reasons you may think. I fully understand the difficulty in finding love especially if you are rich. I just want to read what other people think it looks like.

Chloe Winters has been fired from a coveted teaching job in Boston, all because of a vindictive ex boyfriend who was shocked at her refusal
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Meadow Taylor
When Chloe Winters answers an advertisement seeking a private tutor for a six-year-old girl, little does she know it means relocating from metropolitan Boston to an isolated mansion on a cliff.

Gaelan Byrne has been dragged to hell and back by women before and is none too happy to discover the matronly retired teacher he hoped to hire turns out to be the beautiful, caring Chloe. But how can he fire her when the daughter he is incapable of loving adores her?

What a surprise, this wa
Natward1yahoo.com
Jul 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Didn't finish after page 44. Ugh the endless monologuing between the two characters different points of view were so long winded and boring. And I hate instant lust and constant monologuing about the other and how attracted they are to each other. Such unoriginal boring writing. I want clever, unexpected writing. Not a steady stream of yammering about mundane things. I'm just bored. I'm annoyed that they are both instantly thinking about the other in terms of 'oh how will we resist eachother rom ...more
Teea
Jul 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately I purchased this novel for $2.99. Oh how I wish I could get that money back. I can tell you that I've learned my lesson and will never go off of amazon reviews. My expectations were not high. I just wanted a sweet, light love story to enjoy on a warm Sunday afternoon. What I got was a crap-tastic Jane Eyre knock off. There were lines like " I'll never doubt you again" after he had lied, screamed, and humiliated her several times and having known the man for 2 weeks and a week and h ...more
Nicole Wright
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
In The Billionaire's Secrets, we meet Chloe and Gaelen. Chloe has answered an ad for a retired school teacher and meets the famous Gaelen. Things get off to a very rough start between the two but Chloe makes a connection with Gaelen's daughter and next thing you know, Gaelen has taken a liking to Chloe which says something because he has been hurt and screwed over time and time again by women. Secrets are exposed and new information is discovered. Just what secrets does both Gaelen and Chloe hol ...more
Elsie
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just couldn't finish it! It seemed like a good plot at first... and I think it could have been. But everything just moved too fast for my comfort level. I'm not sure if it seemed rushed just because the book is fairly short, but I don't think so. Chloe, the main character, basically falls in love and wants to throw herself at this moody, angry man the first time she meets him! Seriously? He also has a lot of issues, which are understandable when you find out what they are, but after years of s ...more
Nancy Baker
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
The Billionaire's Secrets Weren't Really so Secret. I bought this on one of those ebook discount days as I enjoy a good mystery and a story surrounding a large mansion set on the sea coast sounded interesting. It was a bit too much of a romance novel for me, and yet there was something that held my attention for its short 200 pages. A down-on-her-luck 30's school teacher answers an ad for a live-in tutor for a 6-year old girl being raised by her widowed billionaire father. While there are a few ...more
postcrdprincess
The storyline and the characters were good.

My only issue with the book was that Gaelan and Chloe's falling in love seemed to happen to quick. They went from Gaelen not wanting her around to him loving her within the first two weeks (although the author covered that in the book as well). I wish that they had a little more get to know one another time.

Otherwise, the story flowed well and it had the right amount of dramas. This is the first book that I have read by this author, and I would read ot
Lisa
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nook, 2013
I'm waffling between two and three stars. . .just because it wasn't the worst book I've ever read.

The Good:

Great setting in Newfoundland.
Sort of a modern day Jane Eyre. (Which might also be bad.)

The Bad:

Way too predictable. But also unbelievable at the same time.
Cheesy dialogue.
Needed more development.

This was a short book. Some parts might have been more believable to me if more had happened between events.

Tanya
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was expecting a mystery, not a romance. Started out interesting enough. The author was setting up the story between the main protagonists with skepticism and distrust when they both abruptly began to care for each other. The story felt rushed by that point and attempting to add excitement by creating the mystery of the missing wife and brother was predictable. The author did wrap up the ending nicely, however, it was with the voice of the billionaire rather than the primary protagonist.
Brenda
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book but it just didn't happen. The story happened way too fast - people just don't change like overnight. The premise of the story was good it just never developed into something remotely believable.

You would have thought the main female character was a very young adult or late ten the way she fell madly in love at first sight but she was speed to be 32 year old professional.
Tati Arciniegas
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
i believe that the book has a good plot, as i started reading i was really exited but the transition of the main character was cutting like in one moment gaelen is mean and cold, and mysterious and pum out of the blue he love his daughter love every one and pum happy ever after, an it made feel like you miss some chapters of the book.

i do believe that the rest was good, and i loved the relationship between sophia and chloe.
  • Catch Me a Catch
  • Emma's Secret
  • Finding Home (Brookfield Series #1)
  • Her Bad Boy Billionaire Lover
  • Hungry For More
  • Her Sister's Secret
  • Forever After
  • Get Bunny Love
  • A Night Of Redemption (Night, #2)
  • Babies in the Bargain
  • Love Letters, Inc
  • From Nanny To Wife
  • Surprise  Seduction
  • Live In Position
  • Forget Me Not
  • Hooking Up (Hooking Up, #1)
  • The Impostor Bride (Dangerous Masquerade Collection, #3)
  • Blackfoot Affair
Meadow Taylor is the author of Midnight in Venice, The Billionaire's Secrets, Falling for Rain, and the short stories Christmas in Alcatraz, Christmas in Venice, and Christmas in Bruges. She loves to hear from her readers - please email her at meadowtaylor1@gmail.com and join her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/meadowtaylor....
More about Meadow Taylor

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be