Start by marking “Summer Night (The Witchling, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Summer Night (The Witchling, #1.5)

Summer Night

(The Witchling #1.5)

One choice. One soul. One price.

Summer’s choice threatens to destroy not only her own life, but Decker’s, too, on the night she falls into the Dark. With both Summer and Decker trapped by their choices, it’s up to Decker’s twin to find a way to make things right.

Beck, the new Master of Light, is forced to step up in his role as the protector of Light. He discovers that som
Kindle Edition
Published November 9th 2012

Adela Cacovean
Originally posted on my blog: http://vanillamoon.wordpress.com/2012...

*Oh... my God! Now how am I supposed to patiently wait until the 23rd of November for the sequel?!*

"Summer Night" is a novelette that introduces the second novel of the series, "Autumn Storm". It is a really welcome addition to the "Witchling Trilogy", as the first book ended in a HUGE cliffhanger. It picks up exactly from the point that "Dark Summer" ended, and it is written from the perspective of Beck and Rania.

One of the b
Fern (whirlwindbooks)
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I literally couldn't get this book downloaded onto my kindle fast enough after reading the first in the Witchling series, I don't deal well with cliffhangers as I am incredibly impatient when it comes to waiting for second installments.

This book I would say is an essential read in the story as it really gives you a better idea idea of what is going on and what exactly has happened with Summer after she fell of the cliff at the end of Dark Summer, (after all it was left with a cliff hanger, pun
Claire Kuelbs
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad Lizzy Ford decided to write this short snippet. It was shorter than expected, I read it in about 20 minutes! But I am so glad I read it! I am also glad I didn't have to wait to read it after finishing the first book. I was so intrigued at the end of Dark Summer that I just had to continue reading right away! I couldn't even wait to find out more. Summer Night really wrapped up the loose ends about Summer's second chance and about what Beck is feeling. It is an awesome lead in to Aut ...more
Elyse Schramm
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm so excited for this! I'm so glad Lizzy did this to tie up the end of Dark Summer and the next book Autumn Storm. I loved this novelette, but it was too short! I don't think I can wait any longer for Autumn Storm. I love the characters, and love that she is going to be using certain characters more in the next book; like Beck. I cannot wait for the emotional turmoil that I know this next book is going to have with the trials Decker and "Summer" are going to have to endure.
Kathryn Merkel
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novelette packs a mighty wallop in just a few pages. It perfectly fills the gap between Dark Summer and Autumn Storm, providing a few answers, but introducing a whole bunch of new questions. If you ended Dark Summer wanting to know more, this tidbit ramps up the appetite leaving you ravenous for Autumn Storm. Don’t skip it, thinking you’ll catch up in the next book, there is some really good stuff here.
Shahista Swellam
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
And all at once Summer collapsed into Autumn .
 Mandy - Lace Vintage ♥
Merisha28
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
I received this book in exchange for an unbiased review.
Summer Night by Lizzy Ford

Holy moly!!! This Novella is the continuing story of what happened at the end of Dark Summer. The short novella is full of emotions and great story. It gives you the transition from Dark Summer to Autumn Storm. It is a must read!!!! Lizzy Ford has done it again!! She knows how to enthrall her readers. I'm in love with this story and can't wait to see what will happen next in this series!!

Summer lies dying dashed u
Alexia Purdy
Original review on my blog: http://alexiaepurdy.blogspot.com/2013...

This is actually now included in the newest version of Dark Summer, but if you read the older version, you won’t see this in it. It was a snippet of mostly Beck’s point of view during the end events of Dark Summer. It was gripping to say the least, and I was very much glued to these pages as I read them in the novel. You get to see another side of Raina, Beck’s and Decker’s mother. I admire how her character becomes such a key p
Denise
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a short that gives further insight to what occurs on that fateful night at the end of Dark Summer (book one) and the synopsis gives a good general overview. Not too much can be said of the story without resulting in spoilers, but what I can say is it was a perfect taste of whipped cream on the top of the sundae that was Dark Summer. Again the writing is clean and beautiful with all the elements I enjoy. This is definitely a must read for those continuing the series.
I received this book f
Chrissy
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
First off this is a novella so it is very short but it fills in the details on how Summer was given another chance and the sacrifices people made to bring this about. You can see the beginning changes in Beck which makes it easier to believe when reading Autumn Storm, book #3 in the series. I would recommend reading this if you're reading the series because you would be a little lost if you passed it over.
Daniela
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Summer Night picks up right after Dark Summer ends and is centered on Rania (Decker and Beck’s mother) and Beck himself. In this short book a tough decision and a pact are made and the introduction for Autumn Storm, the next book in the trilogy, is set. This book will help understand a little better the next book, so I’d recommend reading it.
Princess
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This one explained a lot of things after the first book. . . It served as a preparatory book for something more awaited! You'd have to read this to understand the story well. More mysteries in this one! Another great book done by a brilliant writer!
D.
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Listen you really want to read this before starting with Autumn Storm. It was just enough of perfection. It clears up so much to be able to continue with the next book. I am so excited to see how this Author will have the next book play out. What a bout my Decker??? This book is a must read.
Brittany
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great insight into what happened next, still leaves you hanging!!!! Short novela, but well worth the read! I loved how she added this just to tease us enough and aid in our understanding of Autumn Storm. It really helped to advance this storyline!
Justine
Dec 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Okay, that was short and not really what I was expecting. This was almost more of Beck's story than Summer's. Good to get that little tidbit of information. Can't wait to start Autumn Storm and see where this leads.
Amanda Turner
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series! Lizzy Ford is fast becoming one of my fave authors. A short novella but gave me just enough to leave me salivating for more. i am so glad i dont have to wait for Autumn storm.
Emmanuelle
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First of all, this is a great transition story between book 1 and 2 of the witchling trilogy.
Second, it's so short! I get to chapter 2 and I'm really getting into it and then I realize I'm halfway done haha. I was shocked, but not in a bad way. I have book 2 already lined up for reading.
Jessica
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This novelette was so crucial to the Witchling Trilogy storyline that I can't imagine not having reading it before book 2. That being said, it was excellent! Lizzy's writing style makes it so easy to follow the intricate worlds she creates. Highly recommend this series and this story to others.
Marsha
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Summer Night by Lizzy Ford is a short novella that hopefully bridges the gap between Books 1 and 2. It is extremely well written and appears to give the readers a bit of background that we apparently won't see in book 2. I enjoyed it very much and am going now to start book 2.
Marie-Therese
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's a need to read this book after Dark Summer and before Autumn Storm, because I think everything else could be a bit difficult in understanding what comes next. I'm so happy that I already have Autumn Storm that I can read what is with Summer and the others! <3
Ginelle Blanch
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was very short but, pretty necessary information leading up to the second book in the Withchling series, Autumn Storm. Anything more to the story and characters is alright by me!!!! On to book two, Autumn Storm!!!
Kim
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
Love this book it was a great short between book 1 and 2.
Ann-marie Kiser
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series got better and better as it went along!
Lori
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I loved this look into what happened after between book 1 and 2. It is a great story and I definitely recommend it. :)
Dani
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I started the Witchling Trilogy in December 2012 and got totally hooked!! Lizzy's characters really come to life in the story and you really cannot put it down! Definitely recommend them!
Sue
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Great addition to the first book...
Sambookworm
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
great little story to tie the first and second books, puts everything into place :-) 10/10
Suzy Bagshaw
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LIZZY HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!! This whole series is FANTASTIC!!!
Jessica Holloway
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
nice little set up for more
Where can I buy this book??? 1 5 Dec 23, 2013 05:34PM

• Winter Fae (Armored Hearts, #0.5)
  • Beneath (Heven and Hell, #3.5)
  • Flesh and Blood (Hayle Coven #7)
  • First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1)
  • Witch Flame (Keepers of the Stones, #0.5)
  • Leopard Dreaming (Mira Chambers #3)
  • Pack Hunter (Were Chronicles, #8)
  • Hyena Moon (Moon, #3)
  • Desolace (Desolace, #1)
  • Forged by Magic: Origins (Forged, #0.5)
  • Echo of an Earth Angel (Earth Angel Trilogy, #1)
  • Soul Sisters (Soul Sisters, #1)
I breathe stories. I dream them. If it were possible, I'd eat them, too. (I'm pretty sure they'd taste like cotton candy.) I can't escape them - they're everywhere! Which is why I write! I was born to bring the crazy worlds and people in my mind to life, and I love sharing them with as many people as I can.

I'm also the bestselling, award winning, internationally acclaimed author of over sixty tit

The Witchling (7 books)
  • Dark Summer (The Witchling, #1)
  • Autumn Storm (The Witchling, #2)
  • Autumn Dawn (The Witchling, #2.5)
  • Winter Fire (The Witchling, #3)
  • Witchling Novelette Collection (The Witchling, # 1.5 & 2.5)
  • Spring Rain (The Witchling, #4)