Start by marking “Animals Talking in All Caps: It's Just What It Sounds Like” as Want to Read:
Animals Talking in All Caps: It's Just What It Sounds Like

Animals Talking in All Caps: It's Just What It Sounds Like

A goat who wants to sell you some meth.
A giraffe who might be violating his restraining order.
An alpaca with a very dirty secret.
A cat who’s really mad at you for cancelling Netflix instant.

These are just a few of the hilariously human animals you’ll meet in Animals Talking in All Caps. Inspired by the wildly popular blog of the same name and including some of the sit
Published August 6th 2013 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Animals Talking in All Caps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animals Talking in All Caps

karen
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS IS FOR YOU, ERICA!!

THIS IS A REVIEW OF A BOOK OF ANIMALS TALKING IN ALL CAPS!!

AND NOW FOR YOU, JACOB, WHO COMPLAINS ABOUT HAVING TO SEE ANIMALS ON HIS FEED AS THOUGH ANIMALS ON THE FEED ARE NOT THE MOST DELIGHTFUL THING EVER! NOW THEY ARE MOOSHED DOWN!!

BUT THIS IS A REVIEW OF ANIMALS TALKING IN ALL CAPS, NOT A NAME-DROPPING PARTY!

SOMETIMES I DON'T KNOW HOW NECESSARY IT IS THAT THEY ARE TALKING IN ALL CAPS AND MAYBE SOMETIMES A LITTLE BREVITY MIGHT HAVE WORKED BETTER AND MADE THE JOKE PUNCHI
Christian Giebler
I love the concept but many of the situations were quite vulgar.
Maron Anrow
I read this on my Kindle, and color photos probably would've been better than the grayscale version on my Kindle. A few of the entries made me laugh out loud, but I think this is probably better as website/blog than as a book. But I borrowed the ebook from my library, so I can't complain. (This isn't a book I would recommend anyone pay for, however.)
Elizabeth
May 13, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I flipped through this quickly in the library.

Meh.

Some of the pictures were great, but a lot of the captions struck on the same repetitive jokes. A lot of them seemed to have really gratuitous swearing (which I don't always mind, but it felt forced). I also thought he relied way to much on sex and bathroom humor instead of wit.
Amanda - Go Book Yourself
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: animals
An ARC was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

I don't really know what to say about this except that it wasn't for me. I was expecting it to be witty but I didn't find it even remotely funny. You know why it was a successful blog? Because that's where it belongs. On a blog or Facebook page. The problem is that most websites really aren't book "worthy". It seems to be a trend in recent years with bloggers like The oatmeal and 27/b releasing material in book form (that's free
Claire
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals, humor
Way longer than it needed to be. I got bored around 38%.
Shannon
Oh, some of them are laugh out loud funny. And if you're not familiar with the Tumblr, you'll crack up because it's all new to you. This is a book you can just browse, and honestly won't take you much longer than a half hour to read.
Erin
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I can't read a book in public place, because I sound like a laughing loon...I know it's good.
Bailey
Jun 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc
This book cost 99 cents. It was still too high a price.
Lisa
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, if I'm to read 52 books in one year, I deserve to read a couple short ones. I picked this book up at a book sale for 50 cents and definitely feel as though I got my money's worth. I didn't initially know it was based off a blog so I didn't know what to expect and went into it open minded. I have to say that for the most part I enjoyed it; it got a little repetitive by the end, but it definitely makes a good coffee table book. I laughed out loud a few times so really, what more can you ask ...more
Guillermo
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
This is a Tumblr turned book in a trend that will probably go futher the same way as blogs turned books happened. In this case, the books tries to cash in the Meme wave too, as it selects the gimmick of making animals talk, aka internet magic.

The book is very succesful in pulling its gimmick and can certainly catch everyones eyes in a bookshelf at a bookstore, and only due to the fact of having animal pictures talking can be a sure shot as a gift.
melydia
A book of photos of animals with captions of what the animals are saying. Sometimes funny, sometimes clever, sometimes meh. I occasionally had some difficulty figuring out which animal was speaking, but most of the time it wasn't bad. A lot of the humor was somewhat dark, but aside from a little vulgar language, it wasn't offensive. Some books-from-blogs I pick up are so hilarious I'll read them again and again (like, say, the Cake Wrecks books). This one was fun the first time around, but not w ...more
Jennifer WolfSchwallie
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Animals that are witty and smarter than your average friends talk in all caps and discuss nail polish, relationships, beauty standards, work retreat interactions, and how to impress the ladies in their own world. Sharp and current, the book is beautiful and the captions inspired. This is today's dry humor at it's best. Buy the book. Visit the tumbler. Laugh. Tell your friends. Repeat.
Samantha
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's exactly what it sounds like. And it's uproarious. As a casual reader of the Animals Talking in All Caps blog, I appreciated seeing these anthropomorphized animals with concerns raging from Justin Beiber to the state of the global economy on the printed page.
Brittany
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, read-in-2014
Idk why I find this tumblr/book to be SO hilarious. But I do!
Amycesario
This was a picture book not a regular book. Not what I was expecting. It was good for browsing.
Lori
Apr 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Funny in a once through, pop culture sort of way.
Mycala
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is hilarious. My favorite by far is on page 16 -- the cat staring at the "carnage" on a plate. I didn't even finish the first sentence before I was crying from laughing so hard.
Paul
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny but not as funny as the website was.
Tricia Price
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, humor
Cute...some really made me laugh.
nikki
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, non-fiction
super fun! would be a great coffee table or bathroom book to have kicking around for guests.
Dana
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Most of the pictures were great! Most of the captions were not :/
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nf-art-books
More internet silliness, of the -very- NSFW variety. Many giggles were giggled.
Chris
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: really-funny
I found this book to be hilarious. Who can resist talking animals.? My favorites were of the squirrels and the dog and his stick. I laughed often.
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was fun. Most of the photos are great as they are, and Valmassoi has a clever send of humor.
Emily
Thought it would be funnier, but was still entertaining!
Angie Fehl
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book is an extension of the humor originally found on author Justin Valmassoi's tumblr page (also called Animals Talking In All Caps). The subtitle on the cover is "It's Just What It Sounds Like" and that's the truth! It's just straight up humorous captions / conversations put to pictures of animals! The conversations touch upon not only pop culture references and relationship craziness but also some more crude or risque material.. but in such a dang cute way!

The book also features a pret
Tiffany
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor
I strongly believe that regardless of all the cute animal photos, the content of this book is very adult. Not recommended for children or teens. That said, I prefer whit to profanity in humor and this book had more than a fair share of profanity and some rather questionable social observations/commentary. Probably also not for anyone easily offended. I understand that not every book is for everyone, and I simply did not enjoy this book as much as I was hoping to. Thank you.
Corielle Hayley
I stumbled across Justin Valmassoi's slightly emo tumblr a few years ago (if I remember correctly, the whole point of it initially was to get a girl, and maybe he did get the girl? I can't remember). I read the whole thing in an afternoon, and promptly forgot about its existence until the book version popped up on my Overdrive. Reading the book version was basically the same experience: some of the caption/picture combinations made me laugh, some were kind of dumb, all of it will have evaporated ...more
Kayla Eklund
Animals Talking in All Caps is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a bunch of animal memes. The memes have cute or funny pictures of animals with captions underneath them. From the introduction, I knew that Animals Talking in All Caps was going to be a hit. During the introduction, Justin Valmassoi had me laughing several times. I was impressed considering I hadn’t even gotten to the animals yet. Not all of the animal pictures made me laugh. In fact, a few of the jokes definitely went over my head ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals
  • Teh Itteh Bitteh Book of Kittehs: A LOLcat Guide 2 Kittens
  • Shake
  • Old Faithful: Dogs of a Certain Age
  • A Really Super Book about Squirrels
  • Penguins with People Problems
  • Texts From Mittens: A Cat Who Has an Unlimited Data Plan...and Isn't Afraid to Use It
  • 100 Facts about Pandas
  • I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens
  • The Shrine at Altamira
  • Steal the Menu: A Memoir of Forty Years in Food
  • Dogs in Cars
  • Clearly, I Didn't Think This Through: The Story of One Tall Girl's Impulsive, Ill-Conceived, and Borderline Irresponsi ble Life Decisions
  • Agent Gates and the Secret Adventures of Devonton Abbey (A Downton Abbey Parody)
  • Crap Taxidermy