Start by marking “Lotto Lucy” as Want to Read:
Lotto Lucy

Lotto Lucy (James Bay #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Winning the lottery: $70 million
Mending family relationships: Priceless

When James Bay journalist Lucy Carter wins the lottery, good fortune seems guaranteed. But even $70 million in cold hard cash can’t help Lucy when it comes to dealing with some cold hard facts. No amount of money will buy back Grandma's mind nor buy Lucy a reprieve from a strained mother/daughter relati
Published November 1st 2012

To ask other readers questions about Lotto Lucy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lotto Lucy

Janine
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's everyone's dream to win Lotto and we all say that it would not change anything. Lucy thought that too, but having $70 million brings with it a lot of worries. Lucy has just met Max who runs a summer camp for children, she has a job she loves as a reporter for the local paper, she has a best friend Kris and lives a simple life, visiting her grandmother in the nursing home.
She is estranged from her mother, but when her mother reappears, she is in turmoil. Kathleen has obviously done some rese
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, fiction, romance
"Lotto Lucy" is the third book in the James Bay novels. I've reviewed the first two books and while one was okay for me (Fatty Patty) and one I really liked (Home Fires) but out of the three novels, I think that I liked "Lotto Lucy" the best. While this book is also a romance like the previous two books, it has a lot more than just a good romantic story going for it.

A famous modern day philosopher once said "Mo money, mo problems." That philosopher was of course named The Notorious B.I.G and as
Catherine Chant
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: women fiction fans
I loved FATTY PATTY and HOME FIRES and couldn't wait to read the third book in the series. LOTTO LUCY did not disappoint. Lucy's "voice" in the story grabbed me right from the beginning and I sympathized with her on issues like her absent mother, deteriorating grandmother and painful childhood. I wanted her to find some happiness after all that anguish.

What I really love most about the James Bay novels, though, is the "community" shown in each book. There is such an interesting cast of supportin
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
I have now read all 3 books in this series and I have to say it is one of the best series of books I have had the chance to review. This book is very well written and will have to hooked from the very beginning. I am sure I will be reading this book again in the near future and if there are any other books in this series I will be reading them. I highly recommend this book (and this book series).
Marilyn Stears
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent writing

I'm a new reader of Kathleen Paterka books. I
Have just completed her last one. The continuing
Of characters book to book is excellent. Looking forward to her next great read. These books should be must for everyone who enjoys books with realistic characters that pull you right in.
Claudia Guerra
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The way the author gives the characters in her books both the good and the bad of being human really fascinates me. The internal dialogues they have sound so much like the back and forth I do in my own head. They know the right thing to do but are they going to be willing to do it, because as we all know the right thing is so often the harder thing to do. I can hardly wait for the next book!
Don Lazarus
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love of or Lack of Money Can Change You

Lucy Carter, Lila Carter, Winnie Carter, Max Graham and the many other characters in this story are proof that having or not having money does change you. To her credit, Lucy Carter eventually realized her error and made amends in her. Life.
Rita B. Williams
Jill Ambrose
Aug 18, 2015
Kelsey Terhune
Feb 15, 2013
Kathleen Irene Paterka is an Amazon Bestselling Author of Women's Fiction. Her women's fiction novel, THE OTHER WIFE, was released February of 2015, while her novel SECRETS OF THE ROYAL WEDDING CHAPEL provides a fascinating glimpse into the world of Las Vegas wedding chapels, royalty, romance and brides. Readers of women's fiction will enjoy Kathleen's other novels, including FATTY PATTY, HOME FIR ...more
More about Kathleen Irene Paterka

James Bay (4 books)
  • Fatty Patty
  • Home Fires
  • For I Have Sinned (James Bay #4)