Start by marking “Make Your Own Soda: Syrup Recipes for All-Natural Pop, Floats, Cocktails, and More” as Want to Read:

Sweet-tart lime. Bright cherry. Creamy vanilla.

Natural sodas are vibrantly flavored with the zing of just-squeezed citrus juice, the sweetness of ripe berries, or the subtle perfume of fresh herbs. And with the popularity of countertop appliances that turn tap water into sparkling water, it’s easier than ever to make the real thing in your own kitchen: simply mix a fresh soda/>
Published May 7th 2013 by Clarkson Potter (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Make Your Own Soda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Your Own Soda

Start your review of Make Your Own Soda: Syrup Recipes for All-Natural Pop, Floats, Cocktails, and More
Kristine
bookmarked in Evernote: Boiled Apple Syrup, Basil Syrup, and Spices Maple Syrup.

Interesting quote from the Very Cherry Cola recipe: "think about it! cherry flavor is no more like cherry than carob is like chocolate. Although we may associate cherry flavor with cherries, it is mostly because the foods it flavors are commonly dyed red. it looks like a cherry, but tastes like... almond extract. that's right. the flavor of all cherry-flavored concoctions is almond. the aromatic in almond extract is
Bonnie
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I pre-ordered this book on amazon in January after my husband bought me a bottle of P&H Soda's hibiscus syrup for Christmas and it arrived in the mail today. I love everything about it. It's got great little tidbits of information and a really widely varied range of soda syrups so there's really something for everyone. In addition to the syrups, it also has recipes for sodas, egg creams and egg shakes, cocktails and hot beverages made with the syrups in the book. There's a good mix of tradit ...more
Jeanne
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cook-book
Pretty little book about making your own syrups for sodas and what-not. Definitely inspiring. Pretty simple, though at times weird-sounding, recipes. If you're into entertaining, some things to try.
Becca
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm so in love with this book.

Just skip the banana syrup; it's not good. Blech.
Trish
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretty cool book. It is neat to think that people use to do this all the time.
Story
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic book that I got from the library and ultimately ended up buying because I liked it so much.
Chris Aldrich
Feb 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
I ran across this at random and picked it up on a whim as I often do with books about concocting drinks--particularly having recently picked up a SodaStream machine for fashioning my own seltzer and sodas at the beginning of the new year. Certainly with some lovely photographs it does a reasonable job of harkening back to an older time. There are a handful of small asides and historical facts - though not nearly enough in my mind and it could have included some photos of early and mid-century so ...more
Robert Hudder
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Basically a book about simple syrups and how to turn them into sodas. A good friend of mine would probably like this book but I am only interested moderately. The only recipe that I want to remember because I am thinking about making an alcoholic version is the sasparilla recipe.

2c water
1 3/4 c sugar
4 oz dried sasparilla root
1 oz dried birch root (I'm gonna use cola nut instead)
pinch of salt

Water, sugar to a boil. Add dried ingredients and salt and
Aja Marsh
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
was cool to come across this book by one of my fellow greenpoint food market alums! really inventive ideas in here, though i thought that some of the info was not was clearly explained (like what a "phosphate" is). but fun ideas and nice photos would make this a good little book to keep on the shelf if you're interested in diy sodas or mixers.
Wren Wilson
I have read every soda-making book I can get my hands on and this one is my personal favorite. Fresh recipes, I have been in love with most of them I have tried. Gorgeous photos. Five stars all the way!
Carolyn Page
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this cookbook. It's not a cocktail book, or how to make soda necessarily--it's just how to make all these fresh syrups with such extraordinary flavor combinations. Then, they have instructions to use them all over the spectrum of mixing. It's very unique!
Tracy Canuck
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea you could be so inventive with a soda maker!
Salvador

• Wedding Night
  • How to Paint Fast, Loose and Bold: Simple Techniques for Expressive Painting
  • Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs
  • Saint Anything
  • Bill Hylton's Frame & Panel Magic (Popular Woodworking)
  • Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Lifegiving Home: Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming
  • Financial Peace Revisited
  • More Not So Big Solutions for Your Home
  • Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God's Deliverance
  • Why Him? Why Her?: Understanding Your Personality Type and Finding the Perfect Match
  • Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story
  • The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
  • MARVEL's Avengers: Infinity War: Thanos: Titan Consumed (Marvel Studio' Avengers: Infinity War)
  • The High Tide Club