Start by marking “The Darkest Lie (Shaerealm, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Lie (Shaerealm, #1)

The Darkest Lie

(Shaerealm #1)

You'd think after being drugged, taken to a secret military facility, attacked by a flying red monkey, finding out one of your parents isn't human, being shot, imprisoned, thrown out of a collapsing building and shot again, that the thing Thane wouldn't be most afraid of was his high school chemistry teacher. But you'd be wrong.

15 year old Thane is invisible. At least he's
Published November 2012 by Onyx House

Start your review of The Darkest Lie (Shaerealm, #1)
Lori
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
While I was pleasantly surprised at how well this self-published novel was written, I couldn't help but wonder how much better it would be with a professional editor streamlining her story. As with most self-published novels, you find grammatical errors and basic syntax issues. As far as the actual story: The characters were interesting, the author did a great job with character development and I found myself easily invested in their well-being. But, with that said, the story was trying very har ...more
Danielle Young
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In The Darkest Lie, Thane is an average teenager just trying to get through life unnoticed by not only the school bullies, but by his family as well. With Thane trying to be invisible the appearance of Remi and her desire for friendship turn his world upside. Suddenly Thane can no longer just blend in. His Chemistry teacher is trying to kill him, he is at war with his father and strange things begin to happen to him as he is introduced to a world he never knew existed--the magic world. A world t ...more
Abby
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've read so many books that make me feel like the end of the story is the whole reason for the book--almost as though the author just thought of a great ending and merely slapped something down to get to the "good part". I didn't feel that way with this book at all. It wasn't at all what I expected and how easily I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it! It had an unexpected poignancy to it where I found myself becoming fully invested into the characters, particularly in Thane, and how anxiously I hop ...more
Doug
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Easily one of the best books I read during 2012. This is a young adult science fiction novel that fans of any of the following would enjoy: Leven Thumps and Pillage (Obert Skye), any Shannara novel (Terry Brooks), Fablehaven (Brandon Mull), The Dark is Rising (Susan Cooper), and others.

This is the author's first novel, and I am already impatiently awaiting the release of the second book in this four-book series, slated for sometime next summer. I highly recommend this book to young adults, paren
Eldon Mcmurray
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
February 13, 2013 By Dr Eldon McMurray
Just finished reading the best contemporary fantasy book I've ever read in many. "The Darkest Lie" by Angela Day. Being a reading professor I read a vast number of books. I confidently assert this is the best I have read and I recommend it for all ages, especially youth. A most convincing cast of characters, intriguingly twisted plot, and a unique blend of science and magic to solidly explain the duality of worlds made this book my favorite read since "Ende
Daniel Dickson
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the characters! (Charlie) It reminded me of a Percy Jackson book. Right up my alley. I felt it was full if surprises and fun. She writes especially well with imagery and story line. I also love how she coins phrases and her humor is very witty. I will never forget certain lines too and use them now in my own language... "gaining sentience." I actually read this book almost a year ago. Just haven't been on goodreads in a while. I can't wait for the next one!
Melissa  Olsen
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I REALLY liked this book. The author is just breaking into the writing field and for a first book I thought she did wonderfully. I enjoyed the characters and I could easily picture what was being said and portrayed. She has a great sense of humor/sarcasam. I recommend this book to everyone! It was clean and entertaining. GREAT WORK!
Cheryl
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Admittedly, not totally my sort of book but I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Percy Jackson. Totally clean, young reader appropriate- especially the 9-14 year old boy crowd, or at least those who enjoy a fun dragon and fantasy book!
Will
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. Great journey of Thane learning about himself, his family, and how the world around him is not at all what he thought. I loved the deep, rich characters. I couldn't put it down and am very excited for the next!!!
Missy
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was interesting and kept me wanting to read it...even when I should be doing other things. It was a good, clean young adult fiction with lots of action and adventure. I liked it alot even though there were a few typos. :)
Nyssa Degrazio
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book has everything a YA novel needs- action, adventure, humor, and even a little romance. But more importantly, it has messages that the YA audience really needs to hear; that you should never be afraid to be yourself, and you are never too far from a helping hand. Definitely a must read!
Quinn Gerber
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shaerealm
I loved it so so much!!! so good!
Liz Stay
Dec 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a very fun and interesting book, I really enjoyed it. What I like about it is you can easily picture yourself in the main characters shoes.
Cheri
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Three words: The Beer Fairy? What the hell? This was a fine book until it completed jumped the shark with weird creatures like The Beer Fairy. I couldn't finish it...it was that ridiculous.
Jamie
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Read it twice already.
Ciera Birch
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and couldn't put it down!!! You need to read it!
Rachel
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book! I loved it and can't wait till the second one comes out.
Amber
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! I have read it multiple times now and thinking of reading it again
Nicolas122
M Earl
Dec 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

Shaerealm (2 books)
  • The Sound at the Edge (Shaerealm, #2)