Start by marking “Altered (Crewel World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Altered (Crewel World, #2)

Altered (Crewel World #2)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  4,155 Ratings  ·  535 Reviews
After a daring escape to Earth from Arras, sixteen-year-old Adelice Lewys thought she would finally be in control of her own destiny. But Earth is not abandoned, as she'd always been taught it was. It's inhabited by survivors waging a war against Arras, and Adelice is being called upon to harness her phenomenal power and help win a deadly war. But nothing on Earth is as it ...more
Published October 29th 2013 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

Giselle
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own, signed
Being the sequel to Crewel is not an easy shoe to fill. (What can beat "holy mother of giraffe balls"?) Crewel is a fantastic start to an incredibly intricate futuristic world that mixes dystopia and science fiction until our minds are blown to smithereens, and Altered, packed with even more geniusism, does an excellent job at following this up.

Without losing momentum, Altered begins right where we left of which was nothing short of an epic ending in Crewel. This is where, little by little, we b
nick
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
♔Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Veronica Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♔
Now a cover whoa whoa whoa lets not get ahead of ourselves here!
8-8-13

FINALLY THERE IS SOME INDICATION OF THE SECOND BOOK
Stacee
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
2.5 stars? God that hurts to say.

I loved Crewel, it was so magical and I adored the way time was presented in the book. It seemed like it was a character. Altered didn't feel the same way.

Obviously, it's not going to -- they're on earth instead of Arras, for one thing. But Adelice seems to be indecisive about everything. The push and pull between her and Jost/Erik seems contrived. There are a lot of new characters in this new setting, but I couldn't find even one to care about.

The ending was
Colleen Houck
I love the whole weaving of threads and that everything and everyone breaks down into that. So interesting to realize this was actually something that took place during or after WWII. Not what I expected at all. Love the whole science twist at the end.
Tati
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopia-sci-fi
In my opinion, one of the greatest issues with fantasy series is that, in the first book, the world building is introduced, as well as the characters, and the reader is intrigued by both. However, after reading the first book, the reader then has to wait a year before being able to read the second one. By then, the world building is quite blurred in the reader's memory, and then the author decides to not do a recap. This, in turn, leaves the reader with two choices: either he finds a detailed sy ...more
Erin
Nov 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another book has landed into my second-book-sydrome pile. As much as enjoyed the first book in this series, in the end this new sequel, Altered, was a book that didn't have a lot of things going for it and was a major letdown, especially for someone like me who had enjoyed the first book very much. Whether it was because I had too many expectations for this book or because of something else entirely, unfortunately this book was not what I was expecting and failed to impress me.

The ending, ho
Alejandra Zárate
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No sé qué pensar, se me hizo un poco lento, no me mantuvo tan entretenida como el primero pero bueno. Fue raro leer de ese personaje en estos mundos imaginarios, jajaja.

Por otra parte, Adelice cayó de mi gracia un poco. Conclusión: no shippear a nadie.

No sé a quién amo, me confundió esto. Creo que ya me da igual el triángulo amoroso. *my heart is broken and confused*
Heather
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok, so this book is VERY different than it's predecessor, Crewel. Whereas Crewel was more fantasy, Altered is more sci-fi/ alternate history. It is a bit jarring, and I know that some readers have had a hard time with this, but I'm not really one of them. I rather like this new direction. Lots of new characters, Dante being my favorite.

Word to the wise: the Jost/ Erik love triangle from Crewel is back in full force. In fact I have now switched teams, which doesn't always happen to me in the sec
Cynthia Nobuta
Después de terminarlo puedo decir que me gusto más el primero e inclusive aun no se si leeré el tercero (no lo tengo). No estuvo tan mal porque tuvo cosas que me sorprendieron, pero hubo ratos en que me llegue a aburrir con el. Inclusive la última parte que son las que deberían de ser las más emocionantes de un libro resulto ser tediosa, fue quizá la última pagina la que me pareció interesante, pero como digo no se si lo suficiente para leer el tercero o mejor pasarlo de largo y olvidarme de la ...more
Talia Colley
This sequel begins right where Crewel left off, with Adelice, Jost, and Erik tumbling through the hole that Adelice ripped open in the strands of space and time and falling to Earth. Here they meet rebels who tell them the truth about how and why Arras was created and what they are trying to do to stop the Guild. This book was much more interesting than book 1, but I still found myself getting bored halfway through. I think it's the whole weaving strands of reality thing that is too weird for me ...more
These Violent Delights (Robin)
Well I am so proud of myself for continuing a series I have started.

Full review to come.
Ursula Uriarte
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, favorite-series

Altered will be out October 22nd - Review on an ARC (no spoilers)

Being the sequel to Crewel is a tall order! I absolutely loved Crewel, the world that Genn built was beyond unbelievable, it really challenged my imagination and took it places it'd never been.
When Adelice escapes to earth taking Jost and Erik with her I expected things (as far as the world they live in) to be more familiar and while they were in a way the world building again was mind blowing, it literally becomes this totally n
Latoya
May 11, 2013 rated it liked it
The story starts with Adelice, Jost and Erik landing on Earth trying to make sense of everything happening. The Guild chases after them using these Remnants to hunt them down. We learn a horrible revelation about the Remnants and Adelice isn't sure what to do with this information. Jost wants to get back to his daughter before she's completely grown because time moves by much slower on Earth. He hopes that Adelice will help him but she doesn't seem too keen on what rescuing his daughter and her ...more
Jen Ryland
*I borrowed an ARC of Altered through Around the World ARC Tours*

Crewel, book one in this series, was set in Arras, a place where an all-male Guild held the political power while female Spinsters had the ability to weave time and matter. I loved Crewel's creative concept and fantasy-meets-fairy-tale setting. The book ended with an intriguing plot twist that made it seem like the series was headed in a different direction.

Okay, so I guess given the ending of book one, I should have been forewarne
Tabitha (Pabkins)
What to say, where to start? I wasn’t a huge fan of the first book Crewel. I know maybe that leaves some people wondering why I would read Altered? It’s because I definitely saw some promise there and I was honestly curious about how things were going to pan out for them after they slipped into that “other reality” so to speak. However, where I felt Crewel was underdone and lacking in oomph – I think Altered packed so much in that while the rhythm of the book felt a bit off it was definitely an ...more
Caroline
Mar 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Ricky
This one went by blazing fast. At last, we get some idea of where Arras and the whole weaving thing came from. (view spoiler)

Can't wait to get my hands on book 3!
Nicole Wang
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I HATE ALL THESE CHARACTERS. ALL OFT HEM, ADELICE, ERIK, JOST, AMIE,. EVERY EFFING CHARACTER EXCEPT DANTE. THEY ARE ALL SO EFFING STUPID. AND OMFG AMIE I MAY NOT LIKE YOUR SISTER BUT SHE DIDNT FREAKING DESERVE THAT BITCH.

But everything else was good. 1.5 off for characters
Naban (hiatus)
DNF.

I had so many expectations for this book. I can't even believe this is a continuation of Crewel World.

Second book syndrome at its best.

*Annoying love triangle
*Slow pacing
*Underdeveloped characters I could care less about
*A plot that simply went downhill
*An annoying MC

Cris Lightwood
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4'5/5. Dios, debo admitir que no esperaba que está segunda parte fuera tan buena como ha sido. Me lo ha encantado leerla y me ha gustado mucho el giro de trama después del primer libro. Estoy deseando que llegue el tercero pronto *. *
Emily
Apr 19, 2013 marked it as to-read
YESSS!!! Finally!
Erik...
Cecily Kyle
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this novel in the series more than the first. However, it had a lot of holes that I couldn't ignore which just gave me questions. When I put that aside, the story itself was good but predictable young adult teen relationships and expected outcomes to situations.
I liked it enough that I will definitely be finishing the series
Decent read!
SR
Ugh. The first was good and this has its moments but otherwise it's love triangle angst and bad, bad science.
Crystal
Oct 09, 2017 added it
Shelves: ala-2013, 2017
DNF
Victoria
3.5. Es un poco más lento que el primero.
E. Adeline
I was so excited to started Altered. So excited. I read Crewel in basically a day (and did the same thing with Altered), so I hoped going in that Altered would be the same breath of fresh air that Crewel was.

I was wrong.

This isn’t to say I didn’t enjoy Altered. I did. Clearly, because I read it in a day. It didn’t grab me the way that Crewel did, though. It didn’t have the same sense of uniqueness and depth that I felt Crewel had.

Altered was definitely a border book. I struggled with where to
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
It's been a year or more since I read Crewel, and I thought I'd need a refresher before starting the sequel. I didn't re-read the first book, though, and honestly, it might not be necessary for most because Altered doesn't really feel like a true sequel.  Gone are the Spinsters and Guild and that creepy Cormac of Arras, replaced with Sunrunners and an equally creepy Kincaid on what is left of our Earth.  A lot of the key players from Crewel are still here, though, so don't fret.

Altered picks up
K.M. Montemayor
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
This series reminds me of the Hunger Games and the Giver. At the beginning of book two, Adelice, Jost, and Erik find themselves on a desolate, alternate, post World War II Earth. The author describes it just as it would seem in sewing: an interface with the ugly threads on the back side of the stitching hanging down. These strands are difficult for Adelice to weave and she inadvertently brings down an aeroship as soon as she arrives.

Arras is directly on top of Earth, so Earth gets very little su
Aparajitabasu
Original Link to the review at my blog Le' Grande Codex - here

Crewel presented the magic. Altered presented the science behind the magic. Sequel to the brilliantly written 'Crewel', 'Altered' serves as the perfect addition to the Crewel World series. Crewel showed us Arras. Altered shows the post-apocalyptic Earth, left barren and desolate by Arras' leeching. And it was a long time coming. Taking off where Crewel left off, continuing Adelice, Jost and Eric's journey on Earth.

By all extents
  • Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles, #2)
  • False Sight (False Memory, #2)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2)
  • This Strange and Familiar Place (So Close to You, #2)
  • Relic (Books of Eva, #1)
  • Entangled (Entangled, #1)
  • While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • Bang (Visions, #2)
  • The Dark Shore (The Atlanteans, #2)
  • Tumble & Fall
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • Impostor (Slide, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Revelations (The Elysium Chronicles, #2)
  • The Color of Rain
****Guess what?! I am writing YA again! Check out Gennifer Albin writing as Geneva Lee and my new series GILT: By Invitation Only coming May 31!****

***HEADS UP REVIEWERS: I don't respond to review requests sent through Goodreads because I don't get on here frequently enough. However, it's super easy to fill out the review request form. I can't guarantee it will get you a copy, but it will get your
More about Gennifer Albin...

Crewel World (3 books)
  • Crewel (Crewel World, #1)
  • Unraveled (Crewel World, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • Bad Boy
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
“Some people have too large an impact on our lives for us to imagine we can forget them.” 15 likes
“Some things don't cange no mattered what's happened. even things that fade with time and distance aren't really ever lost.” 9 likes