Start by marking “Skin Deep (Feral Ink, #1)” as Want to Read:
Skin Deep (Feral Ink, #1)

Skin Deep

(Feral Ink #1)

Angelique had no idea her black panther tattoo would force her to abandon the love of her life—Connor O’Reilly—but she’s determined to keep him safe no matter how much it hurts. Her tattoo doubles as her feline familiar: loving, protective, dangerous, and with a life of its own. It’s also her deepest secret and draws enemies who desire its power for themselves.

Connor has n
Published November 9th 2012 by Etopia Press (first published November 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Skin Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin Deep

Start your review of Skin Deep (Feral Ink, #1)
Emily

Werewolf Connor O’Reilly is being forced to mate, it wouldn't be so bad if the woman he had already given his heart to hadn't run away without any explanation. Angelique Trinette has a secret, a black panther tattoo that also is her familiar, it is as if two different personalities share one body. The problem is her panther is unpredictable and she was not willing to take the chance of harming Connor, but she did not know Connor had his own secrets to reveal.

Captivating story that was filled wit
Erin Mansfield
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who enjoys romance
Loved it! I am a long time fan of romance novels, but so many of them are just mindless fodder in 200 pages or less. It was nice to read a romance novel that was an interesting, well developed story. I just wish it was a longer story so I could have enjoyed more Connor Werewolf goodness! Can't wait for the next one!
Jody
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
A lot goes on between the pages of this short story as two otherworldly creatures, whose secrets tore them apart before, reunite while others try to keep them apart in a bloody and action-packed series of events that leads to an all out frenzied conclusion. Angelique comes from an ancient group who carry their Familiars on their skin and who have struggled to keep their secrets after being hunted to near extinction. These secrets led her to abandon the love of her life but after a year apart he' ...more
Daria
Connor has a deadline to find his mate or his alpha will find her for him, the only mate that Connor wants left him and he doesn’t know why. Determined to find the reason why, he pretty much stalks her (smiles) phone and just dropping by her place.
Angelique has a black panther, that is very protective of her... so much so that it leaves Angelique a bit wary of being in a relationship. The big reason why she broke it off with Connor.
Now with a ex girl friend, a actual stalker... both a danger t
Ana
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Different & Good!

Sarah gifted this book to me for an honest review.

I really liked the different gift that Angelique has in this story, I'd heard of Familiars, but never read about one in a story.

Angelique does not even know what power she possesess, only that if something happened to her, or her familiar which is a black panther, it will happen to the other...Her lonliness was overwhelming if not for Kira her familiar, but in walks a hunk wolf and love of her life......

What awaits these two love
Laurel
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Skin Deep by Sarah Makela is a great read. The story is unique and combines a different twist to paranormal with the familiar werewolves.. I really enjoyed the characters and the way they interacted with each other. Angelique has a tattoo of a jaguar ..her familiar. I really loved how Kira (the familiar) could exist as a part of Angelique and also separate. Kira's cat personality was captured perfectly.
Connor is the werewolf who wants to mate with Angelique. This story was just the right mix of
Lyndi W.
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
Clueless heroine that would more likely be eaten by a wolf pack than mate into one. And zero explanation of her magic. A bit more wrap up at the end as to how things happened and what it means regarding the wolf pack would have been nice, so the ending feels a bit empty.

This is one of those stories that just kinda make me shrug. I don't really feel one way or another about it and since it was only 100 pages, it wasn't a waste of time. I'm glad it was a freebie, though. I'd consider this a bubbl
Racy
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this for a honest review. I love Sarah Makela”s books. If you have read anything by Sarah you know that she is truly talented. She is very creative. The type of person that does not go with a norm so to speak. She likes to throw a spin on things. I have read about familiars before but not like this. I love the twist she put on with this story.

Racy
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Angelique loves Connor. The problem is Angel has a secret. She has a gift. She has a familiar that lives on her body. It has power that it leans
Eva Millien
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Angelique is determined to keep him safe, Connor is determined to win her back but their secrets threaten to keep them apart and hidden enemies seek to destroy their love forever in this edgy and thrilling paranormal romance.

This fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps readers hovering on the edge of anticipation with suspense, drama, action and romance. The well written scenes and details inspire vivid images that capture the imagination and the well orchestrated suspense and drama draw the re
Brittany
Jan 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Angelique has left Conner's life, but he doesn't understand why. For many months Angelique runs away from Conner by any means necessary from moving to changing her number. But Conner wants Angelique back and won't stop fighting for her until he knows why, but most importantly he won't stop until she's back in his arms again. Conner is a werewolf and must mate with someone soon or his mate shall be chosen for him. He wants it to be Angelique he knows what they had was great, but what went wrong? ...more
Buffy Kennedy
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a pretty well done story. There’s mystery, danger, and of course love, all in a novella package. The plot was interesting, though a little weak in some places for me, with strong conflicts and compelling emotional ties between the main characters. After how bad things got, I think everything was wrapped up a little too easily, and I would have liked a little more in the way of world building. We get enough to understand the context of the situation and the state of the characters, but I ...more
Buffy Kennedy
This was a pretty well done story. There 19s mystery, danger, and of course love, all in a novella package. The plot was interesting, though a little weak in some places for me, with strong conflicts and compelling emotional ties between the main characters. After how bad things got, I think everything was wrapped up a little too easily, and I would have liked a little more in the way of world building. We get enough to understand the context of the situation and the state of the characters, but ...more
Tina
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this oh so cute story. It covered such a unique and different world. Sarah's uniquely takes you into a hidden world where not only shifters take forms. This world of inked animals gives you a hope for those stuck as humans. The bond she explores between The two lead characters and the lead characters ink shows a world of depth and affection. The pain and sorrow of not having ones heart felt love is explored as well as the notion of giving up ones love for their protection or to keep them ...more
BBMoreB ~
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
The author did an excellent job of making her series stand out in a very crowded genre by twisting together just the right combination of mythology. This series has a solid foundation with high quality content; both the plot and storyline were very engaging. However, I did feel the book was often rushed – as a reader I tend to invest a great deal into the emotional development of the characters.

Hopefully, this entertaining and sexy series will see many future installments.

Disclosure: This eboo
Donna Hokanson
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very original and entertaining story line
What a very original concept having the shapshifter animal with you but not a part of you. Where as most are both the person and the animal not separate entities. Well written story with lots of action to keep your interest. A nice short and enjoyable read. I won this book from the author thru a contest.
Cheryl
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Skin Deep was a great read. I found the story to be original and unique. I really enjoyed the characters and the way they interacted with each other. I especially liked Kira. Being a cat lover myself, I loved the way the author captured the cat's personality. This has to be one of my favorite paranormal romances ever!
Laurie
Oct 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book. It wasn't complete to me, not enough backlog on the characters. It fell really flat.
Tia
Nov 25, 2012 rated it liked it
It was kind of weird but it seemed really familiar to another story I have read. I didn't mind it at all.
Alisa
Yona
Feb 13, 2013
Fay
Jul 10, 2013
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Sarah Mäkelä loves her fiction dark, magical, and passionate. She is a paranormal romance author, but she's written all over the romance spectrum with cyberpunk, sci-fi, fantasy, urban fantasy... even a sweet contemporary romance!

A life-long paranormal fan, she still sleeps with a night light. In her spare time, she reads sexy books, watches scary mo

Feral Ink (2 books)
  • Inked Fury (Feral Ink, #2)

News & Interviews