Start by marking “Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2)” as Want to Read:
Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2)

Down London Road

(On Dublin Street #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  44,570 ratings  ·  3,063 reviews

It has always been up to Johanna to care for her family, particularly her younger brother, Cole. With an absent father and a useless mother, she’s been making decisions based on what’s best for Cole for as long as she can remember. She even determines what men to date
Published May 7th 2013 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about Down London Road, please sign up.

·  44,570 ratings  ·  3,063 reviews

Blacky *Romance Addict*

DNF at 50%

If only Jo didn't date Malcolm (view spoiler)

If only Cam didn't date Becca (view spoiler)

Sorry but I just don't feel like continuing with this one.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Baba
May 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, rolls-eyes
2 stars**DNF at 60 %. I think my pic is more entertaining than the book.**Review posted May 10, 2013

As a side note
My review of Down London Road is negative. Recently I have been accused of bullying for posting another negative review. Again, reading and reviewing is a very subjective matter. A review reflects my opinion. It reflects my feelings and it will always reflect why I enjoyed a book or why I didn't like it. Besides, I'm living in a democratic country and if I remember correctly then we
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 02, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr, now
CHECK OUT THIS BRAND NEW COVER!!!
Seena Seena
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-fav-s
10th November 2012

THERE IS MORE!!

MORE BRADEN! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!

**Trying to push Brittany back into her hole***

When I saw On Dublin Street, #2

9th January 2013

Soooooo I was just minding mah business, just chillaxin! Doing nothing really important.

Photobucket

Then I receive a notification that someone liked me review of "Down London Road" and I am all...... WTF?!?!?! I aint read or wanting to read a Down
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*2.5 Stars*

A largely uneventful read...

To be fair, I'll list some of my pros and cons:

What I liked
-Cole and Hanna were some of the coolest teens ever to grace a story!
-The initial tension build up between Cam and Jo was fun.
-Joss and Braden still being a strong part of story was awesome.
-The strong sense of family and togetherness between friends was heartwarming.

What didn't work for me
-I understood Jo's insecurities, but her self-depreciation was over-the-top and didnt feel natural.
-The b
Christy
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it

photo 4c88cba9-798a-46a2-b7d9-9441819903f9_zpsf3c37aa8.jpg

4.5 Stars!!!!

Okay. On Dublin Street was one of my favorites last year. Braden Carmichael is one of my top book boyfriends... I had really high expectations for this one. It wasn’t quite as good as ODS for me, but I still really enjoyed it!

In ODS we meet Jo. Jo is friends with Joss, they work together at the bar. On the outside, we see a good looking blonde, a gold digger who only dates rich men.
 photo a6655f56-a787-4ee0-8ccb-4341934060bb_zpsd86f6231.jpg

But those that know the real Jo, the person on the inside know that is not the case.
“There’s so
Jamie
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZING FANFUCKINGTASTIC STARS

My emotions runeth over with extreme happiness!! This book was so good.. so so so good. I loved it. Ask me if I loved it.. are you asking?? I LOVED THIS FREAKING BOOK. Did it live up to the hype?? Hell YEA! Did I totally love Cam and Jo? Hell Yea! Wow! The only thing I did not like about this book was how fucking long I had to wait for it!!! It seemed like forever and a day between Dublin and London. Why do we have to wait so long for such awesomeness I ask you??
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

***PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK. SPOILERS AHEAD***

I am very sorry, really really sorry because I wanted to LOVE this book but it didn't happen. I loved Samantha Young when I read On Dublin Street & Until Fountain Bridge. They were WOW, amazing books, re-read worth it so I had expectations for this one... The thing is, in life you better have no expectations at all so you are not disappointed, right?

I must say I love Samantha's writing style and I will read m
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing

*spoiler free - apart from a few direct quotes*

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

When you meet Johanna Walker, what will you see?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We first met Jo briefly "On Dublin Street", what I saw was a gorgeous, confident young woman but a gold digging, money grabber, who worked at Club 39 with Joss, and when she wasn't pulling pints she was basically trying to pull any rich bloke who could kit her out in all the latest fashions.......Well thats what I saw.........

What does Cameron MacCabe see?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Cam....the sexy, hot, cocky tattooed guy,
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤

3,5 stars

When I first heard that Jo was going to be the heroine of Down Dublin Road I admit to being skeptical..
In On Dublin Street,Jo was known for going after wealthy men, and she was portrayed as a simple gold digger.
In Down Dublin Road, we learn that things aren't always as they seem, and that Jo has hidden depths..
description

Jo is actually living a very bad life.Her dad was an abusive bastard who went to jail when she was 12, leaving Jo, her alcoholic mother, and her baby brother, Cole. Jo works very
Ramona
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This series is really close to my heart, and each book has its unique story and characters.
Having suffered and laughed with Joss and Braden, now we do it all again but with Jo and Cam.
We know Jo from the first book, she is Joss's colleague and a good friend. Their relationship will go deeper in this book, and I enjoyed seeing the 2 of them together, so connected to each other and eager to help.

So, you all met Jo. She is smart, beautiful, caring, but with a bad background. She was abandoned by h
Paula
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This is a damn good book. This story that made me laugh, cry, and smile. I always appreciate a well-developed friends-turn-lovers story. And one of the reasons I loved this book so much is that there was no insta-love crap going on here. Sure, there was an instant spark of attraction the first time Cam and Jo meet, but the romance between Jo and Cam is a slow yet sizzling burn. The sexual tension between these two could melt butter.

I’d never felt so intensely attracted to someone before. Usual
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Nov 11, 2012 marked it as to-read
*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

I love you Samantha Young and I'll stop

Expected publication: May 7th 2013

And here is the COVER too!!! WOW... gorgeous couple!!
♥Rachel♥
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my stars!!! Down London Road was sheer perfection!! My heart is soaring after turning the last page!! It had everything I love and want in a romance, and more!! Longing , sexual tension, panty-melting scenes, sweet and tender love!! Family, friendship, and loyalty are all within the pages. I LOVED EVERY BIT!! I probably should warn you, this review will contain gushing. Lots of gushing!

So it took me a minute to figure out who Johanna Walker was. Remember the gorgeous gold digger who work
Kelena
5 FREAKISHLY SUPER STARS!!!
[image error]

…You and I are starting over today. I’m not some asshole who has judged you over and over again and got you wrong every single time. Trust me. Please.”
description

We one time afresh go in the world of Club 39, but this time we'll get to glimpse Jo and new bartender Cam
Lets meet Johanna
description
Jo designated date's men “who just occur to have money” in alignment to support her not-even-slightly-functioning alcohol-dependent mother and 14-year-old male sibling, Cole.
She's scare
Rag
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars!

The thing that I loved most about this book was HIM

Cam -fucking-MacCabe

*drooling*

Ahhemm*clear throat*

So this story is about Joe.

Joe has responsibilities. Big responsibilities. She has to take care of her alcoholic/sick mother and her younger brother Cole. Joe loves Cole. Whatever she does she does it for him. She wants him happy and safe. She wants him not feel what she've felt and what she's going through.

He was my saving grace.
I didn’t know what I’d do without him.

She has two
Auntee
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of "On Dublin Street" and anyone who likes a steamy, emotional read
Samantha Young is the real deal...

One of the signs of a good writer (to me) is when you can take a character who I was not that thrilled with in a previous work, and make me fall in love with them in your latest. And that is what Samantha Young has done with the character of Jo Walker. In On Dublin Street I wasn't all that thrilled with her (even though I was sure there had to be a story about why she was such a slut looking for her next Sugar Daddy). I know there were some hints about her past,
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Epppppp!!!
She thinks she knows what she wants...
until he shows her what she needs.

Cover's out, and oh mighty hell is it blown!!

May 7th, 2013.
BLURB IS OUT!!

Johanna Walker is used to taking charge. But she’s about to meet someone who will make her lose control....

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
"You know, the world will always try to make you into who it wants you to be. People, time, events, they’ll all try to carve away at you and make you think you don’t know who you are. But it doesn’t matter who they try to make you, or what name they try to give you. If you stay true, you can chip off all their machinations and you’re still you underneath it all. Be Caledonia."

description
That quote epitomizes the book for me and even if you haven't read the book, try to keep it in mind because there are som
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
This is how things went for me....

20%--This is kind of slow!

40%--Nothing's happening!

60%--Is anything going to happen? Ever?

75%--Finally...bring on some drama!

And then it just kept coming and coming and coming. And I saw it all coming and coming and coming. It was just too predictable.

(view spoiler)
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~

QUIT photo tumblr_mgi1doUbYb1rcny7ko1_500_zpsfc1eeeb1.gif

So maybe I should not be rating this since i abandoned at 25% but I mean really I had such high hopes and this book sucked. I paid 7.99 for a sucky book. I think Samantha Young is very talented and I absolutely loved On Dublin Street so I'm not sure where this book went wrong. I couldn't connect with the characters and with over 900 books on my TBR list I can't waste my time on something and force myself to finish it just to continue to hate it...

not gonna happen photo tumblr_m5typj9XTt1qas2jf_zps1618e521.gif

no photo tumblr_mjrg754N5v1s8czzko1_400_zpsf9d9c1d4.gif
Steph
May 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
Okay, I am going to try and keep this review nice and short because I don't want it to turn into me just ranting about the things I didn't like.

The writing was wonderful, as usual with Samantha Young.

I really liked On Dublin Street, and have enjoyed other books by this author too. So I think I was expecting Down London Road to blow me away, but I was sadly disappointed.

I don't like it when people say they didn't like a book, but then doesn't give any reasons why, it annoys me. So here are my
Natalie
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars

★★★☆☆ 3 out of 5 stars

Reading order
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2) by Samantha Young Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3) by Samantha Young Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4) by Samantha Young

Novellas
Castle Hill (On Dublin Street, #2.5) by Samantha Young Until Fountain Bridge (On Dublin Street, #1.5) by Samantha Young

I actually liked this book a lot. Down London Road was just another proof for me that I will read everything Samantha Young writes. It had almost everything for me. A likable heroine, a hot and sexy hero and a good plot. I enjoyed some parts in this book more then others, but overall, it was a great read!!

But first thing first, our heroine, Johanna Walker.
Jo was first introduced to us in On Dublin Street. I got the inpression that she was a g
La-Lionne
I'm in shock. I can't believe I'm giving two stars to a book written by the same author who wrote On Dublin Street, which was one of my favorites of 2012. I still can't quite rap my head around it.

This book was nothing like On Dublin Street. I don't mean that I expected for stories to be similar or anything, I expected to be left with the same feelings I had after I read ODS: happiness, good kind of frustration, maybe a little of sadness or heartache. After finishing this one I was left with on
This was an adult contemporary romance story featuring Jo from On Dublin Street.

I liked Jo in this and I felt bad for her at the way she was living her life in fear of her parents. It wasn’t fair the way she had to work 2 jobs and look after her younger brother all the time because of her mother’s alcoholism, but trying to hide what she was living with wasn’t doing her any favours either.

The storyline in this was about Jo meeting Cameron and them both feeling attracted to one another even thoug
Maria Clara
En general, me ha gustado. Vamos, me ha gustado cómo la autora retrata lo difícil que es la convivencia con un alcohólico; así como los traumas de tener una infancia como la de nuestra protagonista. Sin embargo, no he conseguido congeniar con ella.
 ♥  Barb ♥
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it

“I’m going to fuck you so hard, sink so keep inside of you, you’ll never work me out from under your skin. Never.”

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

This is the second book in the On Dublin Street series and is about bartender, Johanna (Jo) and graphic designer Cameron (Cam). They meet when Cam is hired at the bar where Jo works and the attraction is instant. There is just one problem.....they are both dating other people. UGH!
ambsreads
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it
WARNING: This review kind of sucks, mainly because I find it difficult to write reviews for romance books but enjoy.

Down London Road was a book I went into expecting not to really like. I hadn't enjoyed On Dublin Street very much, from what I can remember. So, with my low expectations, I found I actually really enjoy Down London Road.

This book is able to be read as a standalone, but, of course, mentions characters from the first book but kind of makes you feel as if you have to read the first
BookHeroin
4 STARS
Down London Road BY Samantha Young
Genres:Contemporary Romance/Erotica/Abuse

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This book was so much better than On Dublin Street,i liked that one, but this has a great story! i absolutely loved this. The setting to this series in general was perfect, the characters were great . the story line was amazing, and heartbreaking. The dialogue could have been better but still it was good.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Johanna Walker:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At 24 years old Johanna has a lot of resp
Amy | Foxy Blogs

I know my review isn't traditional. But this really distracted me while reading the book: the similar names. I also felt like more of the alphabet should have been used because I had to stop and think about who is who. My mind was constantly trying to keep everyone straight especially when Jo and Joss were together.

A- Adam
J- Jo, Joss
M- Murray, Mick, Malcolm, Meikle, Meaghan
N- Nate
P
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Taken by Storm (Give & Take, #2)
  • Consumed (Devoured, #2)
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Entice (Exquisite, #2)
  • Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Emancipating Andie
  • Eyes Wide Open (The Blackstone Affair, #3)
  • Touch Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #4)
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • The Fifth Favor
  • Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)
  • Burning Up (Bound Together, #2)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Being Me (Inside Out, #2)
  • The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #2)
  • Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2)
Samantha Young is the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of adult contemporary romances, including the On Dublin Street series, Hero and Fight or Flight. Samantha's YA contemporary novels The Impossible Vastness of Us and The Fragile Ordinary are published by Harlequin Teen.

Samantha is from a small town in Central Scotland and is known for her romantic stories se

On Dublin Street (6 books)
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
  • Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)
  • Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4)
  • Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street, #5)
  • Moonlight on Nightingale Way (On Dublin Street, #6)
“Some people are born with family, and others have to make family.” 120 likes
“You know, the world will always try to make you into who it wants you to be. People, time, events, they’ll all try to carve away at you and make you think you don’t know who you are. But it doesn’t matter who they try to make you, or what name they try to give you. If you stay true, you can chip off all their machinations and you’re still you underneath it all.” 106 likes