Start by marking “Choir” as Want to Read:
Choir

Choir

Published 2012 by Harper Collins

To ask other readers questions about Choir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choir

Peter Mellalieu
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gareth reveals a compelling story. He describes himself as an animateur. As a teacher of entrepreneurship and innovation I view him as a serial entrepreneur. Not an entrepreneur that creates financial wealth, but an entrepreneur who creates social and cultural capital. His story reveals a classical example of an entrepreneur motivated to make a difference, through music education. He uses creativity and persistence to overcome an abundance of unanticipated obstacles. I am inspired by his story a ...more
Lydia
May 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice book but as I hadn't seen the first couple of series it's on about I felt a bit left out. Gareth has a lovely style of writing and the material itself is very endearing and a genuinely pleasant read. Having said this I just think I needed to be more of a fan of the show than I am to fully appreciate it.
Overall it's a nice book that'll look lovely on my shelf but I can't see myself reading again too many times in the near future. Sorry Gareth.
Isobel Ridley
Having watched all of Gareth Malone's Choir series it has been really nice to hear him talk about how the series began and all the behind the scenes trials and tribulations. The style of writing is not brilliant but you can hear Gareth's voice talking. It could also have done with some better proof reading. A good read and I would certainly recommend it .
Janu
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book, and as a singer myself I could relate to the trials and tribulations. I didn't watch all of the series but what I did see impressed me. The book was easy to read but the jumping around in time annoyed me and some stories never really got finished.
Hazel
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting book. I did not watch the tv programmes thinking it wasn't really 'my thing' after reading the book I wished I had!!
Ian
May 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What made this book more interesting for me was the thoughts of Gareth Malone about the people that he met along the way as well as how he got involved in each project and how it developed.
Amy
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book so much.
Charlotte Tobitt
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice easy read detailing the ins and outs of the successful Choir series and many excellent Gareth monologues.
Miriam
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great easy read, summation of all Dr Malone's oups Gareth's work till yhe last series. brought back fond memories of the series to date.
Wendy Denham
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gives you the background to the making of the series and the struggles and successes of the different choirs Gareth has managed.
Jo
Nov 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I have only seen his last 2 TV series but thoroughly enjoyed them - Gareth seems like such an inspirational chap - an intersting insight into his owrld of music.
Kath
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this. Inspiring, warm, interesting and an easy read. Lovely that someone can be so passionate about music without being elitist.
Judy
Feb 05, 2013
Penny Chalton
Aug 19, 2017
George Dyer
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2014