Start by marking “Paris Adieu” as Want to Read:
Paris Adieu

Paris Adieu

(Ava #1)

The story of Ava coming of age in Paris.

The first time Ava Fodor visits Paris as a nineteen-year old au pair, she has no idea who she is. Paris introduces Ava to the type of woman she'd like to become. Her French boyfriend introduces her to the concept of being comfortable in her own skin. She's intrigued. If only she knew how...

When she gets into Yale, she returns home,
Paperback, paperback, 280 pages
Published July 24th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published October 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Paris Adieu, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paris Adieu

Start your review of Paris Adieu
Keri
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.

Paris Adieu is the story of Ava and her many experiences in Paris, ranging from when she was nineteen into her late twenties. Through her relationships and her experiences in the city, she learns about being true to herself. The story has drama, romance, humor, and vivid details about the City of Light that allow the reader to feel as if they are making the journey with Ava.

My favorite aspect of the entire story was the details of Paris.
Victoria
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Leslie
May 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. The story was good but it was slow to start. Took me a little bit to get into it.
Colette Santacroce
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hommage to ROZSA Gaston,

Thank you Rozsa for having written such a true rendition of Paris, during the German occupation, I was in France during cette période when we kept an evaded Russian hidden in our home in Bercheres la Maingot during a whole month
Colette
Susan (The Book Bag)
While reading Paris Adieu, I really felt like I was living in Paris, which would be a a wonderful thing, don't you think? This is a story of Ava, coming of age in Paris. She first lives there as a young au pair, just learning about life, love, and herself. Then we go back to Paris with Ava, four years later and again five years after that. We experience her life and her loves right along with her.

'It was hell not to have a plan at nineteen.'

The reader definitely gets to see and feel how Ava
Alisa
May 24, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If it takes place in France, I pick it up. I know better, because I've been disappointed almost every time, but it's some sort of sick fascination I have after having lived in France for 15 years. This book was no exception... not worth my time.

The summary of this book didn't make it clear how much it centered around sex. It's more or a less a sexual "coming of age" tale, following the main character from about 20 to about 30, and all of her sexual experiences take place in Paris.

I agree with
Katya
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Confession: I am absolute non-Francophile and don't even know how this book ended up in my queue. In fact, it took 2 years from downloading to actually opening the first page.

But then... then I read, read, read, read, read like a madwoman until the very last word of the glossary. The confessional tone of the tale, the voyeuristic peek inside the relationships of another, and the way the author really nailed the combo of exotic + mundane that makes up expat life kept- it all had me clicking
Terry Matthews-Lombardo
This was a cute and entertaining read, but somewhat repetitious in parts. French phrases were often used and were fairly easy to translate even though she continue to translate them for us; plus, the main character's first love interest was referred to over and over and over again as being life changing and mind blowing and we got it the first couple times it was written about. If you can get beyond those points it's a good romp of a read and takes you on a little Parisian journey, and I always ...more
Rozsa Gaston
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sexy Page-Turner with a French Twist

With vivid detail and humor, Gaston takes readers straight into the heart of Paris, where we smell pastries from the corner bakery and meander through famous parks and museums. We meet the French lover who shows Ava how to feel 'comfortable in her own skin.' Throughout, Gaston writes with a deep appreciation for sensuality that will keep readers attentive to Ava's every adventure.

Kim Nagy, Executive Editor
Wild River Review
Author of The Triple Goddess Trials
Emma
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: france, read-in-2013
I liked the details on Paris, but I did not realized this book was too much focused on romance and even erotica. If you want to know more about the clitoris, this book is for you!
The story retells 3 periods of time spent by Ava in Paris, first when she was 19.
This did not resonate at all with my own coming of age, definitely more mature, and not focused on running after guys.
It was free on kindle, and as it was set in Paris, I downloaded it. I'll be more careful next time
Sara
May 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was truly ridiculous. It read more like a pre-teen's diary than a novel. I honestly can't believe I finished it. The main character was completely self-absorbed and overly philosophical. Serious waste of time.
Diana Donnelly
This was a Goodreads win. Perhaps I was too old for this book. I honestly quit reading it as I had lost interest. It's about a young woman and her experiences in Paris. To me the story was drawn out and going nowhere.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

While not a romance novel in its strict definition, "Paris Adieu" is a charming novel about a woman coming to terms with who she is and what she wants from life.

Full review in February 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Golden
The Free Book Cha...: Paris Adieu, by Rozsa Gaston 2 17 Jun 17, 2013 10:35AM
The jolie laide 1 1 Nov 21, 2012 06:00AM
The jolie laide 1 1 Nov 21, 2012 06:00AM
An au pair's adventures in Paris 1 2 Oct 11, 2012 11:36AM
Pump Up Your Book: New eBook for Review: Women's Contemporary Fiction 'Paris Adieu' by Rozsa Gaston 2 5 Jan 20, 2012 02:41PM

• Foreign Tongue: A Novel of Life and Love in Paris
  • The Little French Bistro
  • Escape from Paris
  • Bruno, Chief of Police (Bruno, Chief of Police #1)
  • Chéri
  • Turning Point
  • Sunset In St. Tropez
  • The Late Show (Renée Ballard, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #29)
  • Paris Echo
  • The Lost Airman: A True Story of Escape from Nazi Occupied France
  • The Velvet Hours
ROZSA GASTON writes playful books on serious matters. Women getting what they want out of life is one of them.

GASTON studied European history at Yale, and then received her master's degree in international affairs from Columbia. She lives in Bronxville, NY with her family. Visit her at www.rozsagaston.com.

Her motto? Stay playful.

Ava (2 books)
  • Black is Not a Color (The Ava Series, #2)