Start by marking “Triumph Over Tragedy: an Anthology for the Victims of Hurricane Sandy” as Want to Read:
Triumph Over Tragedy: an Anthology for the Victims of Hurricane Sandy

Triumph Over Tragedy: an Anthology for the Victims of Hurricane Sandy

The theme of the anthology is simple: triumph over tragedy. It will contain all sorts of stories: fantasy (traditional or urban), sci-fi, mystery, pulp, romance, action…

• Robert Silverberg (Hugo and Nebula award winner)
• Michael J. Sullivan
• SM Blooding
• Erik Scott de B
ebook
Published January 8th 2013 by Terrene Press

To ask other readers questions about Triumph Over Tragedy, please sign up.
Michael Yes. It was limited. My guess is that once the money was sent to the charity the book was discontinued, as getting future payments years after the fac…moreYes. It was limited. My guess is that once the money was sent to the charity the book was discontinued, as getting future payments years after the fact sent out would be a logistics issue. Now, I'm not the one who created the anthology (I'm just a contributor to it), but I suspected that is why you can't find it.(less)

Start your review of Triumph Over Tragedy: an Anthology for the Victims of Hurricane Sandy
Mark Lawrence
Jan 10, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I've got a story in this - originally accepted for publication in Black Gate but since I've two more stacked to appear before that I would probably have been an old man before it appeared.

It's a good tale IMOHO - check it out!

& there's a huge bunch of very talented authors between these e-covers with all the $$$ going to a great cause, so go & buy it!
Michael
Nov 10, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm a contributor to the anthology so instead of a a review I'll give some background on the piece I've submitted:

My piece is called "Traditions." It's based on the world of Elan (the setting for my Riyria Revelations series) but it features a new never-before-seen character. The idea came from Shirley Jackson's famous short story, "The Lottery" where the livelihood of a town is dependent on the sacrifice of one of their own. When Annie is selected, she takes matters into her own hands and dares
Nathan Washor
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A collection of short stories put together for Hurricane Sandy relief. I will give one sentence reviews for each story within as I read them.

Mark Lawrence creates a fascinating alternate earth in the span of a short story about a haphazard boy who finds his focus.

Ryan Kaelin's glimpse of his magical world showcases the suspense and beauty found within his novels.

Tim Marquitz writes a story of an obstinate soul's struggle between choosing retribution or forgiveness during his last chance to find
Abbe
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to everyone who worked on this book for their thoughtful generosity. Your care & support are very much appreciated.
S.M. Blooding
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don’t read a lot of short stories. I find it hard to get into a story only for it to be over by the time I’ve finally gotten excited about it.

However, this anthology was filled with several stories that made me crave more! I haven’t read them all yet. There are a lot of shorts in this anthology, but the ones I’ve read have made me look up the author to look for more of their work.

If you’re interested in a collection of eclectic stories and want to test drive several authors, this is the way to
R.T. Kaelin
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, heck. As some of the other authors/contributors are weighing in on this...

It was a lot of work during a very difficult period in my life (my father is battling larynx cancer at the moment and has moved in with us for the end), but I'm very proud to have pulled this together.

We're approaching the $2000 mark at this point with presales + sales from the first two days. All money is going to Hurricane Sandy relief.

Good stories. Good book. Good cause.
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I helped edit this anthology, so I'm a bit bias.

I think it rocks and I think all of YOU should buy it, and enjoy some great stories while helping people effected by Hurricane Sandy get their lives back.

Philip Athans
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I contributed a story to this anthology, which will benefit the American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief. It was an honor to be a part of it, and I hope everyone will buy it and help support a worthy cause.
Tanisha Peck
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy
It's hard for me to review this since there were so many stories.
I'll just say that there wasn't 1 story that I disliked. Of course there were some I liked more than others, but I thought this was a great compilation! I definitely recommend.
Robin
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
a great cause and a great collection of well written snapshots.
Chris
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Tl;dr version: A solid collection of new SF/F stories, all for a good cause. This was put together in a hurry, to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. For that, I’ll forgive a number of typos I saw; they were pretty minor anyway. The stories are very good for the most part, and some are excellent. There really isn’t a bad egg in the whole carton.

See below for comments on each story, if you don’t find that idea too painful:

“Old Leatherwings” by Elizabeth Bear. This was a decent story, though the
Bryan Young
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I have a story in this anthology that I'm quite proud of. It's set in the same world as a number of short stories I've published or am planning to publish. The most recent was in Time-Traveled Tales: The 2012 Origins Fiction Anthology...

This book is a steal for how many great stories and authors there are in it, and the proceeds all go to charity. I would say get it while you can.
Joel
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Kind of lackluster stories - didn't really enjoy any of them. The authors I like had decent little stories but this book seemed a bit more bizarre story wise than some of the other anthologies, and I didn't have much fun reading it. However, it was for a good cause and I have no regrets with the purchase.
Michael Dusseault
Jul 05, 2013
ZigZagSuck
rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2013
Besha
Jan 14, 2013
Bryan Thomas Schmidt
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Felix
Rahul Kumar
Sep 19, 2013
Madbuzz
Jul 29, 2016
R.T. Kaelin grew up in Cincinnati and now resides in Columbus, Ohio with his beautiful wife and the two best kids ever. For years, he worked in information technology, but felt there was something more waiting for him. He always had an active imagination, so one day he decided to do something with it. R.T. Kaelin's son and daughter are too young to grasp it fully, but they are the reason he writes ...more

News & Interviews