Start by marking “After Tuesday (These Days, #1)” as Want to Read:
After Tuesday (These Days, #1)

After Tuesday

(These Days #1)

Family really is a pain…especially when your father is an addict.

For the last two years, high school senior Ruby has been her own rock and solace. She has learned to depend only on herself and hides her family's issues by keeping herself somewhat unnoticeable. Despite her isolation, Ruby has intrigued the affections of someone unexpected. Finding herself loving life once
Nook
Published May 5th 2013

To ask other readers questions about After Tuesday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Tuesday

Start your review of After Tuesday (These Days, #1)
Jamie

AMAZING BEAUTIFUL STORY!!!

I was in the mood for some good YA and After Tuesday had been sitting in the back of my mind for a while since it came out a month ago and a quarter of the way through I was mentally kicking myself for not cracking this baby open sooner. Once I started I couldn't put it down... Beautiful!!!

Renee took me back to high school.. and that first love. That giddy feeling you got passing each other in the halls..wondering if he was thinking about you like you were thinking
* Meli Mel *
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-or-na, arc-gifted
~Arc provided by author in exchange for an honest review~

***4 Sweet First Love Stars***

After Tuesday is a story about a girl named Ruby. She is a seventeen year old girl, who pretty much lives alone. Sure, her father resides in the same house as her, but it's like he isn't even there. He is a walking zombie consumed by his addiction, while Ruby has to watch and at times be a parent to him. She justs wants to turn eighteen so that she can finally move on with her life.

One summer, Ruby becomes fri
BookHeroin
4 HEART WARMING STARS
After Tuesday By Renee Ericson .

Kindle Edition

A free copy was provided by the Author in exchange of an honest review.

~~*♥*♥*~~~~*♥*♥*~~~~*♥*♥*~~~~*♥*♥*~~~~*♥*♥*~~~~

After Tuesday is a beautiful, heart worming story about Family, love ,acceptance and understanding.
I had a great time reading this book,
I laughed at some parts and cried at others but at the end, i had such a great time learning about those characters and living there happiness and grieve with them.

~~*♥*♥*
Talltree
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-ya-na
Low angst YA romance between relatable h( at least to me) and sweet jock H where you could feel the connection!! Safe romance with a HFN ending.
3.75 stars!
Renee
Nov 09, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA Lovers, Awesome people, Lovers of a sweet romance

AFTER TUESDAY: http://amzn.com/B00CNVVJZE

Book Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/embed/SQ1IzDjRnwk

Excerpt:

Leaning over the console, I press my upper body to his. I focus on his mouth and the way his chest feels against mine. His heart is hammering as I move my hand up the length of his stomach to his chest, bringing goose bumps to his skin. He leans back a little as I push myself forward, wanting to be on top of him.

I pull back briefly. With a heavy breath, I say, “Move the seat back.”

-Location
Alyssa
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: critiquing
This Young Adult novel is full of firsts, butterflies and sweetness. After Tuesday brought me back in time, making me feel those firsts all over again.

Butterflies in tummy photo: butterflies in my tummy Butterflies-on-the-Stomach.jpg

Ruby is a high school senior looking to find her way in a world that seems to have ignored her. Her family life is a guarded secret and her friends list was slim. All of that changed the summer before her last year of school began.

Teenage love photo: teenage love teenagelove.jpg

Brent is an All-American boy, an athlete and extremely swoon-worthy. He notices Ruby and almost immediately t
Alexis *Reality Bites*
3.5 STARS out of 5 Review to come!

I thought this book was COMPLETELY ADORABLE!

photo 52396816-2b9d-472d-953d-7d49e041f37a_zps59643909.jpg
Alex
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
With all the good reviews for this book, I admit, my expectations were a tad on the high side. They weren't soaring, but I expected more.

A lot more.

I found this book absolutely ridiculous.

Every review said it was "great paced" and it was "a great romance" and all this other absolute bullshit. This book, sucked. I cannot actually come up with a word for this book, that is how much I hated it.

Within three days, Brent and Ruby like each other. Okay, I can handle fast paced romances, to an exten
Jamie Saunders
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 beautiful heartwarming stars!!!

I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this book and I'm embarrassed that I’m just now reviewing it. To be honest, the subject matter of this book hit a little close to home for me and I was scared of the emotions it would evoke. With that being said, I couldn't be happier that I pressed on and finished this book. It was so beautifully and gracefully written that I became so swept up in Ruby’s story I couldn’t put it down. Ruby is just a teenager trying to make
CeCe
This one lost me. After 50%, I did not really care what happened to the characters. The hero got upset and would not let the heroine explain and it got ridiculous.

Anne OK
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads

(I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.)

This book takes readers on a trip down memory lane back to high school for a walk through the hallowed halls where all those silly days filled with friendship, summer camps, team sports, dates, and unforgettable memories of first love surface immediately. This writer realistically creates a truly moving story full of agonizing heartbreak, while also rewarding readers with a passionate and refreshing story of the g
Zakirrah BookBlogger
3.5 Young, Brilliant,Sweet and Damn Cute,First Love Stars!!

First of all let me say that I don't read many YA Romance books anymore, I prefer New Adult so that's why I rated it 3.5 stars.This is a great book for YA Romance lovers and will be thoroughly enjoyed!

This is a story of first love, healing, forgiveness and new beginnings..

What do you do when things at home turn bad?
What do you do when you have so many responsibilities and nothing making sense anymore?

[image error]
Ruby is a sweet, young
Elizabeth (Liz)
Renee Ericson surprised me in the best way with After Tuesday!! I LOVE this story and these characters, and I’m SO impressed with this author!

Sooo….yeah. I was crying when I finished this book. Granted, I’m an emotional person anyway, but this story just spoke to my heart in so many ways. After Tuesday dealt with such a difficult topic, alcohol and drug abuse in families, from the point of view of Ruby ‘Tuesday’ Miller—high school senior—and did it so well. Author Renee Ericson made certain thei
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Holy buckets...
I was not expecting to be writing this review with tears running down my face. Honestly, it's kind of amazing that I read it at all. I'm a fan of New Adult and would not have chosen to read YA if not for the coincidence of winning an ARC of Forgotten Yesterday. When I discovered that it was a second book in a series of course I had to read the first book, After Tuesday.

Ruby's experiences were a little too close to reality for me. Having lived through many of the same experiences I
Sarah Fitz
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2013
4.5 Stars

One of the best books I've read this year. Just a really sweet story that tackles some hard issues but handles them with grace. The characters were wonderfully written and had so much depth to them. Can not wait for Book 2 in this series. The sneak peak was not enough...need more!!!!
Brittany
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
5 stars!!!!!
I absolutely LOVED this book!! What a beautiful YA novel!
Ruby is a 17 year old girl who has been forced to be her own rock in a life marked with her fathers addiction. Learning at an early age to fend for herself, she has done exactly that. She tries to stay strong and focus on school and just getting by until Brent Cromwell comes along and then all bets are off. Ruby doesn't expect Brent to try and break down her walls but it isn't easy keeping them up when a dreamy soccer player co
Erin
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-blog-review
*******3.5 stars********

I guess I don’t really know what love is or what it feels like. I thought love meant fighting for someone, no matter what. When will someone fight for me? ~ Ruby Loc 2206

This was a really sweet, tender, heartwarming story of young love. Ruby has had a rough life, having lost her mother at a young age and essentially losing her father to his alcoholism over the recent years. She'd been uprooted from her home in Colorado and brought to live a new life with an absentee f
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say Renee sure knows how to write a love story. She did a great job writing a true realistic love story about two teenagers who are trying to figure out this love thing and where it came from and where it is going. It is also a story about addiction and what pain and loss will do to a person.

Ruby is not your ordinary teen living at home and loving school getting ready to do her senior year and go off to college and have a HEA. NO this is not that story. See Ruby lost her mother
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

This book was an odd read for me. I didn't ever believe that Brent actually liked Ruby. To me it read like the popular kids playing a mean joke on the unpopular kid. Like I kept waiting for Brent to be all gotcha! You didn't really think I liked you did you? I don't know why, but even at the end I was waiting for the break up (even if by that point it would have been a little late for it to be a joke). I kept waiting for her to meet someone else and it just never ha
Ali
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What I liked most about this book was there was no BS, or a fight over something so small, or a female main character who keeps downing herself or a stupid male who do stupid stuff. Dont get me wrong I love reading books like that but lately the books been way too much to a point where its like "okay really?" With that being said, this book dealt with issues that are all to common nowadays and I loved how the author portrayed that in the book so beautifully. I loved Brent for his unwavering dedi ...more
MissyGirl
Sugary sweet high school story that will remind you how it felt to be in love for the first time! Tuesday doesn't have the easiest life but it suddenly becomes so much "more" when she meets and makes new friends, and even more so when she meets "him". :) I enjoyed re-living all those times through Ruby and recommend this to those who love young adult books!!

Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Maddy
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love Brent and Ruby! Absolutely could not get enough of their book of first love!

This was an amazing story, it had realistic plot and characters. The way the author made the story come to life in my mind was brilliant, her easy yet descriptive writing style made me eager for more!

I cannot wait to read more from this author!
Julie
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Renee, Thank you so much! I also wait for release day to post my review.
Susan
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!! I can't wait for more books by this new author!
Chu
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Ruby or Tuesday as her father would like to call her had been taking care of herself for a while. Her father was still busy with his own activities, and he was still grieving her mother who was long gone. Everything was bearable until they moved in with her Uncle Jas, after, it seems that her father was drowning more and more into his addiction.

She learned to be independent at an early age and kept everything to herself. Thus, she doesn't really have any f
Dianne
Jul 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Also posted at Oops! I Read A Book Again*

Thank you to Shane of Itching for Books Blog Tours and Renee for the review copy! Still, only honest opinions here!

Out of all the contemporary new adult romances I've read in the past, After Tuesday must be the lightest of them all. Don't get me wrong, it tackled alcohol and drug use, addiction, a little bit of death and family problems. I wouldn't say it was heavy because as much as it dealt with Ruby's kinda-an-absentee father with his drug and alcohol
Amanda ♥
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes a book comes along that not only entertains you, but also touches you in a way that you'll never forget. This was "After Tuesday" for me.

I felt like I was 17 again, and it was so wonderful to regain that "First Love" feeling back again. Sometimes as we get older we forget that some of the simplest signs of affection really are the most important. Often the smallest gestures really mean the most. Well, Renee brings us all of that and more with Ruby and Brent.

Ruby is a beautiful 17 year
DKristin
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series has been on my tbr since it came out. I purchased this one and book two during a sale with the determination that I was going to start them soon... It took me having the pleasure to meet and facebook with the author for me to remember to start it ASAP! Then I started seeing teasers for the third book in this series and I knew then that I had to get on this.

photo 9e4c2971-95d8-41c4-aa6f-72a9e4e4cddc.jpg

We are introduced to Ruby, an active teenager who is happy to blend in to the background more often than not. She has in a w
Rachmi
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok

So, I liked the way this story written, it's simple and easily to understand. I don't have to read a couple times to understand what the characters' mean. However I have problems that made me didn't quite enjoy this story.

The perk of reading story from first person POV is sometimes I can feel and more understand the way the characters think and see their story. They have their own opinion about anything and it's solely based on their thought and eyes. No one can interfere. But in this b
Amanda
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I was given a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

After Tuesday is a beautiful, coming of age novel that had me hooked from the beginning. The story is an emotional rollercoaster where one girl fights for her family, to protect herself, and for a relationship that teaches her that you can’t always fight by yourself. I could not put this down.

In this story we follow Ruby, the senior who is following the path that has been placed before her. She isn’t alone but ch
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Heir Untamed (Latvala Royals, #1)
  • Gateway To Heaven
  • The Captain of Her Betrayed Heart
  • A Family for Christmas (Willow Park, #3)
  • Fallen (Shadows of Regia #1)
  • Infernal Magic (Shadows & Flame, #1)
  • The Way to Capture a Marquess's Heart
  • Cowboy, It's Cold Outside (A Marietta Christmas #4; The Scott Brothers of Montana #4)
  • Game Misconduct (The Dartmouth Cobras, #1)
  • Shayla's Story (The Mathews Family, #2)
  • Dragon's Kiss (Shadow of the Dragon, #1)
  • Sit...Stay...Beg (The Dogfather, #1)
  • The Artisan and the Duke
  • Scent of a Mate (League of Gallize Shifters, #4)
  • Piece of Work (Red Lipstick Coalition, #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Blindfolded Innocence (Innocence, #1)
  • Rich Kids 2 (Rich Kids, #2)
Renee Ericson is the author of More Than Water and the These Days series--After Tuesday, Forgotten Yesterday, and Deciding Tomorrow.

Originally from the Midwest, she now resides in a small town just outside of Boston with her husband and three children.

Most winters, Renee can be found skiing with her family on the slopes of the White Mountains. During the summer months, she likes to spend every s

These Days (3 books)
  • Forgotten Yesterday (These Days, #2)
  • Deciding Tomorrow (These Days, #3)

News & Interviews

“He wants me, all of me—my baggage, my body, my heart, my soul—and I want everything that he is.
So, that’s what we give to each other.”
10 likes
“Her light shines through the tunnel to my heart, clenching every pulsing beat with radiance and luminosity.” 7 likes