Start by marking “Legend Unleashed (Keeping Secrets, #1)” as Want to Read:
Legend Unleashed (Keeping Secrets, #1)

Read Book

Legend Unleashed

(Keeping Secrets #1)

When an infamous criminal is unleashed from his prison, it has consequences for everyone in Carwick. Temperance Levinthal in particular…

Temperance is satisfied with her ordinary life. Dealing with her eccentric, childlike parents is all the excitement she needs. That changes when Alastair Byron returns home.

After a failed matchmaking attempt by her father, sparks fly betwe
Published October 26th 2012 by Cranmer Publishing (first published October 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Legend Unleashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legend Unleashed

Dena (Batch of Books)
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, adult-books
It was okay. It was readable. It didn't require a lot of extra thinking on my part, so that was a plus.

My biggest complaint with this book was in the details. I never knew where the characters were standing in relation to each other. They're walking and talking and then one of them suddenly pops out from behind a door. How, why, or when they got behind the door isn't mentioned. There are gaps like that all through the book.

On the plus side, the story is interesting enough and while the charact
Stephanie Ward
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
'Legend Unleashed' is an eerie young adult paranormal novel that revolves around the seemingly idyllic town of Carwick. Nothing bad ever happens in Carwick, that is until a notorious criminal escapes from his prison and everyone is in danger - especially our heroine, Temperance Levinthal. Temperance is dealing with a normal teenage life until the return of Alastair Byron turns her world upside down. After being accused of a terrible crime, Temperance and Alastair must band together to find out t ...more
Becca
Okay cool, well to start off as i am doing this new weird thing where i start off with a song that i think best represents my reading experience with this book "Open Your Eyes" by Snow Patrol - check it out its a great song if you have never listened to it before.

Now for the reviewing! Well first and foremost, i thought this was amazing! i loved it, i really did but i will tell you why in a moment why it got a four vs a 5 from me. But for first thoughts and just a quick summary for you if you d
Laura Thomas
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Tick Tock, Tick Tock. That’s all that Ted hears as he rushes through the deserted streets of Carwick, heading for the Town Hall, where his office is located. He must hurry.

Carwick is a small, quiet town. The kind where people don’t lock their doors. It’s Ted’s job to keep it that way.

He reaches the building and enters his tiny office. It’s more like a broom closet, but hidden in the floor is a stairway down. Down there. Down to a hidden city time has forgotten.

Ted enters the underground city and
Meg
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
"He liked my smell?" She swallowed. She didn't know whether to feel a little flattered by it or very uncomfortable.
M. Latimer-Ridley | Legend Unleashed

Legend Unleashed contained everything that I love in a book! There was mystery and intrigue, adventure with blood pumping battle scenes and lets not forget a touch of romance. This book, in my opinion, was incredibly well written. So well in fact that I had no trouble imagining the surrounding of the underground city (yes underground city...how co
DéborahL
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-and-ya
I won a digital copy of this book through a giveaway on : http://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/
It had been a while since I had finished a book. Especially in just two reads. (Stopped halfway because of sleep the first time around)
And even longer since I'd read YA SF/mystery, although it has always been my favourite genre as a teenager.
The only drawback I found reading this story, was that every character name took me back to a fandom or other, films, tv shows, comics or books. Some even to severa
Timmain
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Legend Unleashed caught my eye via a recent First Reads giveaway and although I was not a winner, it tempted me enough to purchase the story. Before doing so, I had the opportunity to read "Temperance" which precedes Legend as a short story and background on our main character. I would recommend the short to those about to dive into this story as it does give key insights into Temperance as a person.
With that said, Legend Unleashed was a quick fun read that had a few new twists and turns that k
Katie Roman
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read and fairly quick. So if you have a trip coming up it'd be worth getting this to read on a plane ride or car trip.

I like that the main character is so accustomed to hallucinations in the beginning when strange things happen she doesn't freak out right away, she just decides she needs a higher dose of her meds. (not that that is a good thing, but it adds a dimension not often seen in paranormal fiction)

I was hooked from the opening as Ted hears the tick, tock in the unde
Larter Doye
I got this book through a giveaway in goodreads and i really loved it.
Once i started reading it, i just couldn't put it down. It had a bit of everything in it from romance to mystery, supernatural characters, action-adventure .. making it a very fascinating and enjoyable read. The only thing i didn't like about the book was the romance between the leads i.e Temperance and Halvard (Alastair), it felt a bit rushed and incomplete.
I would definitely recommend it to everyone.
Sa
*makes goo-goo eyes*I really, really liked Halvard so I'm glad the love triangle resolved the way it did.Too bad there wasn't more of him.I liked the atmosphere of the story.Temperance and Alastair were okay.Her parents were unlikable.Plot was interesting enough, but if I read this again I'm just going to skip to the Halvard parts.
Karen Hitchmough
Dec 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book seemed rushed. Weird characters, weird storyline, weird, weird, weird.

It annoyed me the way temperance would blush over everything. It seemed pathetic and irrelevant. I don't understand the reason for this book. I'm sorry, but this book simply frustrated me and I had to force myself to continue reading it. The only reason I did force myself was to finish my 2012 reading challenge.
Susan
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
In a well written original plot, "Legend Unleashed", a magickal adventure with many twists and turns, and with characters that are strong and easy to relate to. A hard to put down book that you really wish wouldn't end. Recommended for all YA and non-YA magickal suspense fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy which was provided for an honest review.
Lauren Cascio
Jul 15, 2015
Rita Antonini
Mar 31, 2013
Anee
rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2017
Nov 30, 2012
Diane T.
Mar 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • Shifting Pride
  • Return of the Dragon Riders (Dragon Stone Saga #2)
  • Cascade Brides (Cascade Brides #1-3)
  • Grace Doll
  • Blood Oath (Gabby Girls Adventure, #2)
  • Fall of Sky City (Devices of War, #1)
  • Reflection (Whitney Steel, #1)
  • Twenty-Five Years Ago Today
  • Fire Within (Guardian Witch, #2)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish (Tennessee Waltz, #1)
  • Prison Nation (Prison Nation, #1)
  • Snow Bound (More than Magic, #2)
  • A Hard Act to Follow
  • Two Equals (Two Halves, #2)
  • Max Xylander and the Island of Zumuruud
  • To Love or Die in a Steamy-Reamy World
  • Starseed
Latimer (Karen) and Ridley (Rachel) are two eccentric best friends with far too many obsessions and a frightening addiction to tea. When they aren't reading stories filled with magic, passion and adventure, they're writing them. A writing duo for the last ten years, they've always dreamed of sharing their imaginary worlds and quirky characters with others.
While they live in Ireland, they would lov