Start by marking “Prophetess (Winter #2)” as Want to Read:
Prophetess (Winter #2)

Prophetess

(Winter #2)

Book 2 of the Winter series.

One act of violence is not enough to fulfill Xaphan's plans. One near escape does not justify Winter's growing gift. There is more. She can feel it. The warnings swell within her. He's searching for someone. A person of promise...a person of prophecy. And Winter must find her first.
Published November 1st 2012 by Splashdown Darkwater

To ask other readers questions about Prophetess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prophetess

Cindy
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't wait for this book to come out and I was not disappointed. Started reading on my Kindle driving back from Tn. and finished it up the next day. I will say that at times it does move a little slow and some of it seems to be filler but that is only a very small portion of the book and didn't spoil it for me at all. As in the first book, you gradually find out more and more about Winter's history. I just wanted it to hurry up but there is still plenty left for the next book. I was surprised ...more
Varian Rose
Nov 20, 2012 marked it as did-not-finish
I am not the target audience for this book.

I went into Prophetess knowing that. I knew it was Christian fiction, but figured that it would be a good story that I could enjoy, difference in faith or no.

One of the reasons I loved Winter so much was because it was so unique compared to other Christian fiction I've read. I loved the characters and story, loved the conflict and how it talked about how spiritual gifts aren't all sunshine and rainbows.

I liked the story, where it was going, but parts
Kristen Stieffel
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I can’t believe I waited so long to read the sequel to Winter, a book I love dearly. Prophetess is one of the most amazing pieces of fiction artistry I have ever read. Can I give it six stars?

The book starts out with a puzzle to solve, and it rolls along, picking up speed until by the time you pass the halfway point, you are barreling at breakneck speed to an inevitable ending that is gripping, chilling, and jaw-dropping.

Newsome has mastered pacing. As in book one of this series, he tells two pa
Ralene Burke
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting for the followup to Winter forever! I was not disappointed. This is another exciting story that also defines Winter in more detail as she grows in her powers and purpose. While I didn't find the plot quite as enthralling as the first book, the familiar characters and interesting twists still made for a great read. Plot-wise, this book will be a good bridge between the first and third books. I can't wait to see what comes next!
Katherine
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dang! That was good. I don't know if I should give it four stars or five stars so, I will give it 4.5 stars.
Maureen Koeppel
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first book

I really, really liked this second book and I was thrilled to discover there is actually four books in the series. I look forward to reading the rest.
Amber
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Prophetess is the continuation of the amazing and extraordinary adventures of Winter. We see Winter beginning to mature in her walk with God. She is trusting God more and learning how to use the gifts of Prophesy given to her by God. She is daring to continue to walk outside of her comfort zone and learn more and more each day of the purpose that God has for her life.

We watch with pure delight and quiet anticipation as Winter deepens and stretches her faith in God each day. She continues to tran
D.M. Dutcher
Nov 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, fantasy
Good follow-up to the previous book Winter that explains more about both Winter's mission and her troubled past, but the plot is a little worse than the first book. Interesting ending is going to make the third book in the series nifty, though.

It's shortly after the trauma of the first book. Winter and Kaci are both dealing with the aftereffects of Xaphan's plot, but it looks like the stakes have been raised. Xaphan's plan is slowly being revealed, and he's not alone. There's a shadowy organizat
Steven
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The summer hadn’t been long enough for Winter Maessen to forget all that happened to her the first year at Tishbe University. Her freshman year was more than adjusting to campus life and learning new study habits. Winter now has to put behind the horrible things that happened to her and her friends Kaci, Summer and Peter. Life goes on, and hopefully this sophomore year will be different, or will it?

New visions and premonitions smack her right in the face the first day back. Her arch enemy from h
Terry
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed Winter...but have to say Prophetess blew me away. I have been analyzing and asking myself why, and I think it is because the character Winter became so real to me. The author moves to a new level in this book, and must have gotten to know her better himself. I couldn't put the book down many nights...wanting to know what happened in her past, followed by what was happening to her now. It left me with that feeling we love as readers when books are done...like I am missing someone. ...more
Pauline Creeden
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I loved Winter. LOVED that book. But for me, this one took all the parts that I didn't much care for in the first book and brought it to a crescendo. I read Christian Fiction often, but at times this book was too heavy handed in that department. In trying to make the book full of twists and turns, it sort of ran around too aimlessly for me. I'm not sure I'll stick around for the next installment. *A free copy of this book was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest, not necessarily p ...more
Philip
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first, and definitely will be reading the next one.
Jsmh
ReneeCG
Oct 18, 2015
Hannah Bradford
Apr 24, 2013
Keven Newsome is an author, musician, and theologian. With a music degree from William Carey University and a theology degree from the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, Keven has actively served in ministry as both pastor and worship leader. He is the author of the Winter series: Winter, Prophetess, Acolyte, and Mantle. This supernatural thriller series has been an award finalist for multi ...more

Winter (4 books)