Start by marking “The Black Death of Babylon” as Want to Read:
The Black Death of Babylon

The Black Death of Babylon

Don Oberbier investigated anomalies, but he had never encountered one as powerful as the Black Death of Babylon. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its tool and its seal—black patches that appeared to eat its victim from the inside out. And the disease attacked with a viciousness that decomposed its victim within two hours. When a Professor at p ...more
Paperback
Published September 27th 2012 by Post Mortem Press

To ask other readers questions about The Black Death of Babylon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Death of Babylon

Dianne
Bodies are rotting from the inside out into black, gooey, stinking blobs within minutes of their death. The cause? An ancient bacteria that hasn't been seen in thousands of years. Don Oberbier is tasked with investigating this horror. Its a race against time as more people fall victim to the horrors of this death which seems to center around the campus of Babylon University and the faculty member who finds DNA that he uses to recreate the most deadly disease planet Earth has ever seen.

The charac
David
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This reminded me of a cross between Inspector Morse and the X-files. Inspector Don Oberbier must navigate the politics and personalities of a prestigious university while trying to find out who has unleashed a horrific pestilence from the very dawn of civilization. Well worth the read.
Georgina Morales
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Black Death of Babylon starts with two death bodies, darkened and decayed a few hours after their deaths by an invisible killer that hasn't seen the light of day in over 5000 years. That's where Don Oberbier fits. He's a seasoned investigator of anomalies, none as frightening as The Black Death of Babylon, now he must run against time to find the person who set free this bacteria before fear runs rampant at Babylon University and the real killer finishes up his horrific work.

A dark mystery/s
G. Munson
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say I loved this book - I loved that it was hard to label, due to its being equal parts horror, thriller, mystery, action, sci-fi, and likely a few others I didn't think of straight away. I loved the way the characters came to life for me so clearly that I could see them in my mind's eye. I felt I knew them from their outward appearance down to their personal idiosyncrasies and I could feel for them as the story progressed. I wanted to read more because I needed to know what happened ...more
Roy Mauritsen
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book reminds me of the Douglas Preston's Pendergast novels! It's a page turner, and if you like your investigative thrillers with something a little more than the usual fare, then this is definitely worth checking out!
Deedra
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really good story! A vicious killer from the past is unleashed on a college campus.Once it is on lock down a mystery ensues.Who would release such a thing? Jack de Golia was a fine narrator.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Terri
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Great Mystery Thriller!
1st let me start by saying I read / listened to this book in audio format via audible.com. I always get audiobooks when available as they only make a story better. Audiobooks provide us with accents, multiple voices, excitement in all the right places & in this case loads of thrills & chills!!! To listen to an audiobook frees me up to do other things like housework & I can read too! Audiobooks are like listening to a movie, it just doesn't get any better!
O
Emma Ennis
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you like to be mollycoddled by your reading choice, then The Black Death of Babylon is not for you - right from line two you are dragged kicking and screaming into a mystery that combines horror, conspiracy, history and science. And the plot is constructed in such a way that you immediately know the remaining lines are going to show you no mercy when it comes to a cosy, relaxing read.
Not only is the book fast paced and thrilling, but it's well written also. It's clear the author knows his st
Deb Novack
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
I was hooked from the beginning. A story of conspiracy, revenge, some history and science. The storyline takes place on the campus of Babylon U and Don Oberier special agent tries to discover who and why. The cast of characters are as different from each other thus making them lifelike and believable.
Thanks to Net Galley and Post Mortem Press.
Suzy Wilson
Mar 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Edward Mcfadden
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked G. Munson review of this book. I have to say I loved and enjoyed every page. That said the author is my Son and I love him too. All that aside it's a very fast read, hard to put down.
Jan 29, 2014
Sally
rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2014
Edward III
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: test
Alan
May 24, 2016
Anita
May 04, 2019
Edward J. McFadden III's SF thriller THROWBACK is now available from Severed Press. His other novels include: The Breach, AWAKE, The Black Death of Babylon, Our Dying Land, and HOAXERS. He lives on Long Island with his wife Dawn, their daughter Samantha, and their mutt Oli.