Start by marking “Tastes Like Chicken (Fat Vampire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tastes Like Chicken (Fat Vampire, #2)

Tastes Like Chicken

(Fat Vampire #2)

The story of Reginald -- the world's slowest, weakest, most out-of-shape vampire -- continues in this second installment of the FAT VAMPIRE series…

+++++

It's been six months since fast-food-addicted Reginald Baskin was turned into a vampire too fat to live peacefully amongst the glamorous undead -- six months in which Reginald and his two-thousand-year-old maker Maurice ha
Published October 30th 2012 (first published October 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tastes Like Chicken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tastes Like Chicken

Start your review of Tastes Like Chicken (Fat Vampire, #2)
Edward Lorn
May 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
This one's so bad it's not even worth commenting on.

In summation: I bought the box set because the first one was great. My bad. I hate wasting money.

Final Judgment: I need to stop buying boxsets.
Kevin
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
A great idea spawns a quick story and then turns into a multi-part series. I liked the opener, but the sequel drags.
Charlotte
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ebooks, funny
It was ok, but the ending was complete rubbish.
Laura of Lurking
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the look into the myths vampires believe and a look at another vampire culture
I did not however, enjoy the writing nearly so much

The first novel was funny and witty with a main character you just had to love for his hopelessness. That is what got me through the first novel. In this novel he is in control and seems to be about the only vampire with his head screwed on straight. This was a change but for me not a good one.

Much of the comedy was lost to this.
There were long sections of tr
J.G. Gatewood
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wasn't quite as good as the first one and I felt like the ending was a bit of a let down.
Pip
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Crissy Moss
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
A funny, and odd tale about a 300 lb man who becomes a 300 lb vampire.

I loved this story from beginning to end. It has the right mix of mystery and paranormal with a big dash of funny.
Elizabeth
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars because I didn't love this book, but it was entertaining. There are a ton of mixed reviews about this book -- it seems one either thinks its funny and amazing or one doesn't like it at all. I find that I fall somewhere in the middle. I finished this book about 9 days ago, and I can honestly say I am drawing a blank on most of the book. This could be a symptom of the cold I was coming down with, or maybe the plot just isn't so memorable.

I remember it has somethin
Bonnie Dale Keck
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
kindle unlimited

Angels and Demons, Myths and Legends.It's been six months since Reginald Baskin became a vampire too fat to live happily with the beautiful undead — six months in which Reginald and his two-thousand-year-old maker Maurice have learned that safety does not come with power. These days, Maurice is Deacon of the Vampire Nation, but plenty beneath Maurice are still plotting to depose him … or dispose of him. But when a new and ancient threat rears its head, the Nation faces extinction
Soukyan Blackwood
Oct 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
all reviews in one place:
night mode reading
;
skaitom nakties rezimu

About the Book: A mysterious being, a vampire only in name, is brought before Reginald. He makes a mockery out of the precautions vampires took and foretells their genocide about to come at his hands. In this strange game of chess, where the only choices given are die by enemy’s hand or your own, vampires have 30 days to evolve. The way humans did.

My Opinion: A very well written myth and history, I really enjoyed all of
Steven
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I gotta be honest. I'm not a fan of star rated systems. Firstly because I think its lazy to reduce a complex opinion into a single quantifiable amount. And second because of what stars to people often times represent. To me 5 stars means perfect, no flaws, nothing to change. But this is one of the few times I would say 2 stars pretty much sums up my feelings on something. In the case of Fat Vampire 2, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Fat Vampire 2 takes off shortly after t
Kyle Feuerbach
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
I really liked the first book, but this one did not live up to its predecessor. I don't mind a good setup book, but the first novel had a clear ending. Sure, it was obvious that the story was going to be continued, but the ending wrapped up the first book nicely.

This book, on the other hand, was a 100% setup. Unlike the first novel, this book cannot stand alone. If I were to stop now, I would feel like this entire book was a waste. It had some great humor but I found myself no longer caring abo
Sydnie Macelroy
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A short, fun read. I'm not sure if it's intended as social commentary about judging on appearance, but the message is in there. Ultimately, it's yet another dude book. The female characters, except for the little girl, Claire, are extremely one dimensional, and that dimension is sex object. Given the name of the book, the name of the author and basically the entire concept, though, the book is pretty much what I expected it to be. Better than the first in the series, and I'm curious to see where ...more
David Breeden
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always great to follow Reginald, the big one. As well as his companions, Nikki & Maurice. A new vampire that doesn’t measure up to the others, well at least in one category he does. It could be the end, but Reginald is a brain, and will have to work things out. It is a continuing story that is a must for Vampire story lovers. Once you read one, you can’t help but read another. And that is where I’m headed.

Johnny
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book two

Mistakes: I found two for sure. Others could be from the way folks talked.
Plot: A short fast read. The solution for the problem comes out of the blue, with no hint as to how the MC figured things out.
Characters: I like most of them. Claire is my favourite in this book.
I rate this 7.5/10
Philip Melton II
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Quite as Entertaining, but I Enjoyed It

Like most sequels, Fat Vampire 2 doesn’t quite meet the level of its predecessor. It builds, but the payoff lacks the same punch as the trial in the first book. It still has its moments and Karl is a funny addition I hope to see more of in the next book.
Curtis
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and Confusing

This second book expands on pretty much everything the first book presented, while still retaining wit and style. The old and new characters are great, and although the plot gets a little ... twisty at times, the ending is a fun show. Recommended.
T. Giachetti
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

Have this read 5 stars. The author makes the vampires interesting and humorous. So happy someone wrote a vampire book that wasn't dark and dreary. Can't wait to sink my teeth into more books in this series.
Jon
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful read

Is this the beginning of the end? Reginald and Company have done it again they've saved the vampire race from themselves but now what lies in store for Reginald himself, another awesome book by Johnny can't wait to start the next one.
Christopher Allen-Poole
It was… an OK book. The first one was better. Will not be reading the subsequent volumes.

The Vampire Accountant series by Drew Hayes was better done, but in both cases these themes are getting a bit old.
Bram Slaats
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
still a bit short but I like how they manage to get themselves out of tight situations.
the shortness of the story still makes some situations resolve themselves a bit to quick and look strange that way.
Michelle Evans
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly yet entertaining

This book series is so different from what I normally read. It's a quick read and amusing. I love the characters and the plot line is intriguing. I also like how Reginald is an overweight vampire. He's brilliant!
Paranormal Books R Us
Fat Vampire 2 Review

This book really dove into the deep end plot wise and I was definitely not expecting it in only the second book. And I wasn't expecting that little twist towards the end either. It was very entertaining and I look forward to reading the next one.
Bill
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reginald, the fat vampire , and his 2,000 year old vampire friend, Marcus , and their son to be a vampire Nikki, face a deadly enemy that may destroy every vampire on earth. How will they get out of this one?
Aderyn Wood
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good for some chuckles. Reginald is th world's most likeable vampire.
Gritwald
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read.

I like this series because the story is a unique take on vampires. I truly recommend everyone read this series.
Jason Siegfried
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny with suspense

Not quite as good as the first book in the series, but still very entertaining. I would definitely recommend this series to fans of the genre.
Kelly Taylor
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun

I was surprised to find this series. Since when did vampires become funny? I was literally sorting out loud.

Truant is a nice break from my usual horror reads.
JulieLaLa
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. An interesting and unusual premise - looking forward to #3.
Sandy Hall
Fat vamp 2

So disappointed in this one. I really enjoyed the first book but the author just went in a weird direction. Don’t think I’ll continue the series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Graveyard Shift (24/7 Demon Mart, #1)
  • Monster Burger (24/7 Demon Mart, #2)
  • The Infinite Loop (The Inevitable Book 2)
  • Hell for the Holidays (24/7 Demon Mart #1.5)
  • Robot Proletariat: Season One
  • Critical Failures VIII (Caverns and Creatures Book 8)
  • Saint Peter Takes a Holiday, or It’s About Time (Circles in Hell, #7)
  • Beelzebub: A Memoir (Circles in Hell, #6)
  • Out of Hours (Oddjobs, #4)
  • Everyday Horrors (Bill of the Dead, #2)
  • I'm No Angel (Circles In Hell Book 5)
  • Lockdown lunacy (Clovenhoof: The Isolation Chronicles #3)
  • The Hard Reset (The Inevitable Book 3)
  • How to Defeat a Demon King in Ten Easy Steps
  • This time it's Personnel (Oddjobs #2)
  • Oddjobs (Oddjobs #1)
  • Grave Signs (Hellgate Guardians, #4)
  • Bad Luck Charlie (The Dragon Mage #1)
Johnny B. Truant is an author, blogger, and podcaster who, like the Ramones, was long denied induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame despite having a large cult following. He makes his online home at JohnnyBTruant.com and is the author of the Unicorn Western series, the Fat Vampire series, The Bialy Pimps, and a handful of other properties and growing every week.

You can connect with Johnny o

Fat Vampire (6 books)
  • Fat Vampire (Fat Vampire, #1)
  • All You Can Eat (Fat Vampire, #3)
  • Harder Better Fatter Stronger (Fat Vampire, #4)
  • Fatpocalypse (Fat Vampire, #5)
  • Survival of the Fattest (Fat Vampire, #6)