Start by marking “Silk Dreams” as Want to Read:
Silk Dreams

Silk Dreams

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
In a strange land of flashing swords and swirling silks, spicy aromas and hot breezes that feel like a lover’s breath, Valdis is utterly lost. It’s all so different from her homeland. And the harem she’s forced to enter is so very treacherous.

Her family cast her away for her glimpses of the future and now her visions are turning even more ominous. They foretell the death o
Published August 1st 2013 by Novel Ideas (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Silk Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silk Dreams

Sheree
Jun 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of historical romance

Having read all of Emily Bryan's books (Diana Groe's nom de plume) I was very excited when I picked up Silk Dreams, Diana's 3rd novel.

Set in Constantinople during the time of the Byzantine Empire, this historical romance is an intriguing mix of love, betrayal, & survival intertwined with political treachery and exotic cultures. A combination that results in a suspenseful, passionate, page-turning read.

Scandinavian born Valdis is banished from her homeland, when found to be suffering
Katherine
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: NO ONE
With hopes of discovering forgotten treasure, I rummaged through my pile of unread romance for an escape. So much for that... This book had so many turn-offs for me that I simply couldn't finish it. I skimmed ahead to see if there were any redeeming qualities, but it only got worse from there.

While the setting might have been original, the storyline was the worn-to-shreds standard of historical romance: the slave/harem element, the virgin heroine, the hero who wants to do nothing but rut, etc.
Barbara ★
I really loved Diana Groe first two novels Maidensong and Erinsong but this one just wasn't of the same caliber. The dialogue was stilted, the romance was forced, the pace was just too slow and the whole harem thing is just not to my liking. I found the political intrigue too darn confusing. I couldn't figure out who were the good guys and who were the bad. I found that I just didn't care about the ending though I forced myself to suffer through the whole thing.
Colette
Jan 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
I ended up loving this book! Diana Groe is a fresh new voice in Historical Romance. I loved how the characters weren't your run of the mill heroine and hero, and the history that went into the story. I read in another review that described Groe as a cross between Beatrice Small and Virgina Henley, and I couldn't agree more.
Glenna
Feb 20, 2015
Fawn Fisher
Jun 11, 2015
Mia Marlowe
May 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tracy D.
rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2017
Jessica
Sep 27, 2014
Mia's work has been featured in PEOPLE magazine's Best of 2010 edition. One of her books is on display at the Museum of London Docklands next to Johnny Depp memorabilia. Her books have been tapped for numerous awards including RomCon's Reader's Crown, RT Reviewers Choice and Publishers' Weekly named her Touch of a Rogue one of their 10 Best Romances!

Do you want to know when Mia's next book is av