Start by marking “My Blog Traffic Sucks! 8 Simple Steps to Get 100,000 Blog Visitors without Working 8 Days a Week” as Want to Read:

Published January 18th 2014 by Amazon Digital Services

Be the first to ask a question about My Blog Traffic Sucks! 8 Simple Steps to Get 100,000 Blog Visitors without Working 8 Days a Week

V.l.
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are so many ebooks on how to be a successful blogger, but what struck me about this book was the simplicity of it; 8 simple steps! The title grabbed my attention because it seemed doable for someone like me who still works full time.

Many books I have read on the topic offer tons of suggestions on how to generate traffic, but to implement them would be a full time job in and of itself.

What I loved about this book is that is doable and practical for people who are busy. Most blo
Steve Bivans
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
There's a lot of good information in here, though I'm not sure that it's only 8 simple steps. It's more like 8 steps, broken down into many smaller ones. But worth the read, if you have a blog and need more traffic. I'm still working on many of the steps, so I can't judge how well they work, just yet, but they are all based on sound logic.
Scott
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Great advice you won't find elsewhere

I think this is solid advice. It's certainly not in a lot of other books on building blog readership. Some of the negative reviews mentioned "old advice." If it works, it works. Steve doesn't say this is easy. That's why they call it work.
Abhijit
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pleasantly surprised

Ok I went in with minimal expectations. I have been through many books which talk about 100 different things but again nothing tangible comes out of them. This book defines a framework - its in NO way easy to do - finding blogs in your niche is itself a big ask (depending on your niche) - getting a relationship with them - is beyond craziness, unless you have patience. There is a lot of art to this, the book lays out a decent framework on how to approach. I liked it. Going ba
Julie Barrett
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I like how it details the habits you can perform to increase the traffic to your site. I don't want to go into making money from visitors, rather than a site with no ads but this book tells you how to analytically make money and email lists.
Resource reading links provided throughout the book. Other works by the author are highlighted at the end.
Liz Ward
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

This was a well written, well organized, book with solid information. Highly recommend.
I've implemented some of these strategies with my blog, and I'm seeing results.
Sharon Hughson
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm positive this book is packed with helpful advice. It's just advice I don't feel I have time to follow.
I hoped that by the time I finished this book, I would be able to form a plan to help my blog grow. I admit I felt a little more lost and a lot more discouraged instead. The book created more questions than it answered.
It reminds me of those "free" webinars you go to because a professional offers to give you some amazing advice. And they throw you a few crumbs, get you hungry for more
Dan
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Increase your blog traffic just by reading this book without working 8 Days a week

I really enjoyed this book and the true value of the content, l love books like this and it is a great read, I highly recommend to you this book if you are looking to increase your blog traffic. Books like these give you a personal one 2 one tuition and builds trust of from the knowledge given,before meeting the person behind the scenes, buy the book and read it.
Antara Mann
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I bought and read this book of Steve Scott. At first when I say the small length I was pissed off but when I started reading I became very pleased.
This book teaches two things: overnight success comes from a a lot of work. That applies as well as to blogging. two important things: always keep in mind the 80/20 rule. sometines it's more about the 95/5 rule :)
Building powerful alliances is also crucial.
I enjoyed as well the last example of Timo, the blogger.
Recommend it!
Donna Huber
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Well organized and some good tips. While some of it I had heard before (or is common sense), the way it is presented makes it easy to follow. Not quite applicable to book bloggers, but still helpful. I will be recommending it to the authors I work with. Read my full review at Girl Who Reads
Sarah Ross-Koves
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick read on blogging that provided me with over two pages of notes on things to do in order to improve my blog traffic. I have already implemented many of them. An easy-to-read book with easy-to-implement strategies.

Read more on my blog...

Regina Partain
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Simplified, actionable steps.

Steve really packs this book with a large amount of tips on how to build your blog traffic. These are actionable steps with links to many tools and examples. I am looking forward to checking out all of the links and implementing the action steps. He has simplified the process for me.
Keri
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good info in easy to read format

All of Steve's books are helping me plan my own blog. I'm avoiding many pitfalls and have valuable resources to turn to. This is a huge lifesaver for me.
Yentl
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Blueprint for Success

The information in this book is not only concise but it is also actionable. Step by step guide to getting more blog traffic that really works when applied. Highly recommended!
Christine Meunier
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reading
Practical and simple tasks that you can carry out to increase blog traffic. As suggested by the author, one to read more than once so that everything you plan to implement can be organised. Already set my goals and working towards increasing things. Helpful!
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Meh. Not particularly great, not particularly helpful. I've seen many of these same tips before, and many with more in-depth discussion about how to go about employing those tactics intelligently.

Not impressed.
Joy
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Concise, quick read with lots of good info

I got the recommendation for this book from a fellow blogger. I haven't tried any of the strategies yet in earnest (other than what I'm already doing) but they are simple enough. One just has to schedule the time to put them to use!
Carey
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Chalked full of valuable information.

Has tons of techniques and was so helpful. I believe I can make a great blueprint from this book. Thanks.
Christopher Ryan
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Clear, concise, no nonsense guide to increasing blog traffic. A quick read you will want to go through twice: once to get an overview, the second time to take notes and get to work.
Brightdogpro
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What I needed to help promote my blog

A lot to take in, but once I read it and started to implement it, I went through it again and this book helped me go even further!
Emma Jordan
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating insight into how to draw more readers to your blog, or even what a blog is in the first place.
César Duarte
Nov 19, 2012
Walaa
Dec 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Hello, Startup: A Programmer's Guide to Building Products, Technologies, and Teams
  • Crush It With Kindle - How to self publish your books on Kindle and promote them to #1 bestseller status
  • Introduction to Java Programming: Comprehensive Version
  • 101 Great Answers to Toughest Interview Questions
  • CSS and Documents
  • Elements of Programming Interviews: The Insiders' Guide C++
  • HOW TO START A BLOG THAT PEOPLE WILL READ: How to create a website, write about a topic you love, develop a loyal readership, and make six figures doing it. (THE MAKE MONEY FROM HOME LIONS CLUB)
  • 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints and Strategy for Business: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More!
  • Be the Monkey: A Conversation About the New World of Publishing
  • Self-Publishing Books 101: A Step-by-Step Guide to Publishing Your Book in Multiple Formats
  • Social Media Marketing All-In-One for Dummies
  • Work Smarter: 500+ Online Resources Today's Top Entrepreneurs Use To Increase Productivity and Achieve Their Goals: Updated and Expanded for 2015
  • The Power of Scrum
  • Striking Back
  • Likeonomics: The Unexpected Truth Behind Earning Trust, Influencing Behavior, and Inspiring Action
  • Does My Goldfish Know Who I Am?: and hundreds more Big Questions from Little People answered by experts
  • How to Break Software: A Practical Guide to Testing
  • Scrumban: Essays on Kanban Systems for Lean Software Development

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
“In the blogosphere, there’s no such thing as competition.” 1 likes
“I have read 10,000 word articles that were a complete waste of time.  And I’ve read 500 word articles that have changed my life.” 1 likes